Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

12/2 - Gerard Butler to Receive Variety's International Star of The Year

http://www.examiner.com/x-30536-Gerard-But...-the-Year-Award

It's been a banner year for Gerard Butler and the hits just keep on coming. The Dubai Film Festival unveiled their line-up for this year's event and revealed that Butler will receive Variety's International Star of the Year award at the 2009 event. The festival runs from December 9 - 16.

Past recipients of the award include British actors Jude Law and Hugh Grant.

The Scottish-born actor saw three films in cinemas this year with Sony's The Ugly Truth, Lionsgate's Gamer and Overture Films' Law Abiding Citizen, the first film from Butler's production company Evil Twins.

In 2010, his new releases include the Dreamworks animated film How To Train Your Dragon and The Bounty, co-starring Jennifer Aniston.

Butler is also scheduled to begin work on the film adaptation of Shakespeare's Coriolanus in March 2010. The movie is Ralph Fiennes' directorial debut and is also predicted to star Vanessa Redgrave and William Hurt. Fiennes will portray the title character and Butler will star opposite as Tullus Aufidius.

He was also just recently named the first ambassador for the Glasgow Film Office.

The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) is the leading film festival in the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Since its inception in 2004, the festival has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.

Posted Image Gerry!

Gerry Darlin', I am so proud of you!! You da man!! :hehe:

Suzie

Congrats Gerry - you have worked hard and you deserve it! GO GER>>>>> Love ya, Linda :wave:

Wow! Congrats, Gerry! This is amazing, and I am so very very proud of you and all your accomplishments thus far. You deserve this!

Lisa

Wow!! The accolades just keep coming for Gerry! I'm so happy and proud of him...way to go Gerry, you deserve every good thing that's coming your way. The Year of Gerry!

:yay::wuv:

So happy for Gerry...I hope this train just keeps chuggin along...... CONGRATULATIONS Gerry!!!!

Posted Image Gerry!!! We're all very proud of you!! But of course we knew all along that you would eventually get LOTS of awards. You haven't proved us wrong!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm speechless...

(or maybe not... ;))

I'm so proud! It's so wonderful that the rest of the world is finally coming around to appreciate your amazing talent Gerry! You truly deserve this, you amazing man, you!

Stephanie

FANTASTIC!!! :highfive:

WOW thats really fantastic. I wonder if he knew about this earlier and thats why he stayed in the UK, or one of the reasons. Gotta admit the flight will be much easier from London than from ANYWHERE in the States. Total speculation of course, but I'm sure it wasnt hard to convince him to stay in his homeland. Without a project in production he doesnt NEED to be in LA or NY so Im glad he's taking advantage of the time.

Just had a thought, Gerry back in Dubai, better brush up on appropriate behavior for the culture. :D

Congrats Gerry !!! :throw:

CONGRATULATIONS, GERRY!!

I'm so glad the rest of the world has finally realized what

we, your loving fans, have known all along and are

beginning to give you your just accolades.

Keep surprising them and keeping us proud.

Love you absolutely,

Sandy

Hello

I will be in Dubai. Try find when will be Variety’s International Star of the Year award. Someone know date of des day?

so i can have good pic ))))

Congratulations to our guy seemed to be coming in every few hours lately and he so deserves it! I'm thrilled for him! I just hope someday America will get their heads out of their butts and honor him for all his hard work and of course his giving of himself so selflessly to his fans all over the world!

:wave: Frannie

Hello

I will be in Dubai. Try find when will be Variety's International Star of the Year award. Someone know date of des day?

so i can have good pic ))))

According to the article, the festival runs from December 9 - 16. You're probably in a better position to find out more information locally than we are in the States. Of course, we'd love to "host" your fan photos in the gallery! Keep us posted! ;)

this is fantastic news for gerry and i congratulate him fullheartedly. what with the gq award in munich, being able to have the premiere of lac in glasgow, the ambassador of glasgow for the film industry and now this award in dubai its unbelievable what a brilliant year you have had. each year seems to get better and better. these awards are really great as they are for you individually, and the films that have come out this year are for us, fans, so its a lovely mix. have a lovely time in dubai, as i know you love it there and i believe you are getting in a lot of relaxation and rest at the moment, what with being in london and now presumably going over to dubai pretty soon, and then supposedly up to scotland for the christmas celebrations.

ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND ANOTHER BRILLIANT NEW YEAR SOMEWHERE!

Guest Kyriem

I just hope someday America will get their heads out of their butts and honor him for all his hard work and of course his giving of himself so selflessly to his fans all over the world!

:wave: Frannie

Yeah, I hope that day will come soon, he deserves it!!

BTW, congrats to Gerard!!!!!!!!!!!