Gerard Butler GALS

GQ video - arrival

terezoulini

I don't remember having this link before, apologies if we had.

It's the video of Gerry arriving and signing autographs at the GQ awards in Munich.

Oh, the way he wears that coat, those shoulders! And the shots we get from his left profile starting at 0.17 seconds. I love the rugged look we usually get, but this very manly, formal look is something else, I had to pause, catch my breath and drink some water until my heartbeat resumed its normal pace.

Where has GALS taken me? I wasn't like that before I caught it. I know, I know, I should just accept it and roll with it, there's no cure; it's just weird not to recognise myself.

Theresa

Great find Theresa, thanks. :wave: He does look good in that coat...

I have a question, who is the man Gerry turns to talk to at around 1.14 mark? I recognise him from other things, the Glasgow premiere, a publicist...

Jo

That's his publicist Rupert (I believe that is his name). Rupert is part of his UK team. Joy handles publicity in the USA.

Thanks Theresa...and don't worry Sweetie, we are all in the same boat you're in. He has taken my breath away from the first time I ever laid eyes on him in Attila and he still does! He's a one of a kind as far as I'm concerned... :wuv:

:wave: Frannie

Very nice video.....I had to notice for a refreshing change......the fans and photogs seemed very calm and respectful...they really weren't shouting at him and seemed to ask nicely for his attention......did anyone else notice when one fun asked about Burns...Gerry replied...it's gonna happen.....almost positive that was what he said....will have to go back and listen.Thanks for sharing.

Great video find indeed - I figured someone was able to catch the whole live feed. A bunch of us GALS were watching the live feed and taking screen caps.

I found a program where I could have done that after the fact - I hate that when that happens. Because I also love the section where Gerry is running the press gauntlet inside - not sure if anyone has posted that on You Tube either. Of course the ceremony itself has already been posted online.

Cool to have some notion of what attending that kind of event is like - like being the proverbial fly on the wall. Love you GQ Germany for sharing. Wish more events would do that! I suspect more will as they figure out the technology. Too bad they didn't keep a copy of the whole live feed online somewhere.

I think Europeans as a rule are more laid back about celebrities, well post Beatles, though Michael Jackson perhaps excluded when he was alive, and on the whole there were not a lot of people waiting outside at that event, it looked like it was at some rather out of the way place and very very cold, not like a theatre in a downtown location.

Edited by lavender1960

Thanks for posting this, Theresa! I had not seen it either.

I noticed that too, Katie. Wonder why were the men all in one group and the ladies in the other? LOL. Much as I love the fan adoration for Gerry, I wish there was less outright screaming at him and could be more like this video. JMHO.

Diane

Maybe I'm wrong but what struck me was how his demeanor changed when he got to the female fans. Maybe the first group was professional autograph seekers or something? But he seemed to be going through the motions until he got to the second group and then he broke into a grin and seemed to be enjoying himself.

:2cents:

Thanks for posting Theresa

Maybe I'm wrong but what struck me was how his demeanor changed when he got to the female fans. Maybe the first group was professional autograph seekers or something? But he seemed to be going through the motions until he got to the second group and then he broke into a grin and seemed to be enjoying himself.

:2cents:

Thanks for posting Theresa

Agree. The reception of the second group was different too, warmer, and I guess that encouraged him.

I think he responds very much to the person opposite him, like a mirror. I notice that in the T4 interviews.

Theresa

I would put money on it that the guys were professional autograph seekers as in people who then sell the stuff on Ebay, probably listed the same day, and I'll bet as well that Gerry can smell them a mile away. Not to say that GB doesn't have a good number of male fans. Plus the second crowd got noisier as soon as he came around the bend there.

I will never understand the market for an autographed picture when it was not a personal autograph

- if the photo itself was very rare I could understand it or maybe commemorates some special event, otherwise I wouldn't want the autograph ruining the photo, if I were inclined to buy photos on Ebay, and I confess I don't really understand the need for autographs in general.

The only celebrity autographs I own were 4 or 5 Buffalo Sabres NHL hockey players back in the 1970s and I earned those, a radio station had a daily segment called Ask the Sabres and listeners would submitt questions and if your question was read on air, you got an autograph of that Sabre so I got 4 or 5 questions on air. I think I lost those though, they were fading anyway, guess the markers those days were not so permanent, I was 11 at the time, bwah. And I have INXS, the five original guys, in the front cover of their biography that was released in 2005. I didn't not get that in person but one of my good friends was able to go to the book signing, took my copy of the book with her to get the autographs and that alone makes it special, that she did that for me. And I have 2 guitar picks that I will always cherish but that is it.

Edited by lavender1960