Gerard Butler GALS

12/14 - Butler in IMDb's Top 25 Stars of 2009

terezoulini

At lucky 13, heeeeeeeeeeeere's Gerard Butler!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/IMDbcom-Anno...ml?x=0&.v=1

Theresa

MOD NOTE: The original listing at IMDb may be found here.

13. Gerard Butler

(Last year: #10)

One of the hardest-working men in showbiz, he did the action thing with Gamer and Law Abiding Citizen, and rom-com duty in The Ugly Truth.

Edited by heISmyGspot
To add add'l link/info

Excellent! It's nice to get some attention for his hard work and not just blog-b*tchin' about 'over exposure'. He DOES work hard and it's good to see others are appreciating it!

Thanks for the find!

jane

I just noticed that last year he was at #10. That's odd, don't you think? I mean last year he only had RnR, right? How do these things work?

Theresa

According to IMDb:

"These STARmeter™ rankings were not based upon critical assessments or box-office performance but the actual search behavior of over 57 million users of IMDb.com. The results are an aggregate of weekly STARmeter rankings from IMDbPro.com"

Apparently, they monitor the search traffic of those who subscribe to the IMDb PRO. I guess those of us who use PRO need to up the number of times we search G. LOL

I just noticed that last year he was at #10. That's odd, don't you think? I mean last year he only had RnR, right? How do these things work?

Theresa

According to IMDb:

"These STARmeter™ rankings were not based upon critical assessments or box-office performance but the actual search behavior of over 57 million users of IMDb.com. The results are an aggregate of weekly STARmeter rankings from IMDbPro.com"

Apparently, they monitor the search traffic of those who subscribe to the IMDb PRO. I guess those of us who use PRO need to up the number of times we search G. LOL

Well, clearly someone has been lazy around here. You'd better get busy searching Gal or I am telling on you at the next premiere! :-)

BTW, is it expensive to subscribe to PRO and, most importantly, is it worth it?

Theresa

I like that when I looked at the list, 7 of the actors' links were purple for me, meaning I had searched them on IMDb in the last few weeks! Apparently the list is pretty accurate.

I like watching the Starmeter on Gerry's page. When TUT came out it was like "Up 300% in popularity over last week." :D

Steph

Well, clearly someone has been lazy around here. You'd better get busy searching Gal or I am telling on you at the next premiere! :-)

BTW, is it expensive to subscribe to PRO and, most importantly, is it worth it?

Theresa

I was wondering the same thing Theresa... IMDBPro is not only for professional or people interested directly in the movie business?

Is it expensive?

I don't know, just asking.. ;)

Anyone can have an IMDB Pro account if you pay the $25 for it. :)

Another list ... at least this one is actually based on factual information. :lol: I guess the fact that less people searched for Gerry means that he's more well known now and many are no longer saying, "Gerry who?"

:)

Anyone can have an IMDB Pro account if you pay the $25 for it. :)

Another list ... at least this one is actually based on factual information. :lol: I guess the fact that less people searched for Gerry means that he's more well known now and many are no longer saying, "Gerry who?"

:)

Interesting way to put it.

~Ray

Theresa

According to IMDb:

Or more Gerry fans need to subscribe to IMDB pro. It keeps tempting me.

There is a 14 day trial period, I believe it is $12.95 US a month to subscribe, cheaper than Billboard.

Edited by lavender1960

Theresa

According to IMDb:

Or more Gerry fans need to subscribe to IMDB pro. It keeps tempting me.

There is a 14 day trial period, I believe it is $12.95 US a month to subscribe, cheaper than Billboard.

thanks for posting! always good news to see gerry receive the accolades he so deservedly 'earned'....nothings been handed to this gent. it is a wonderful thing to see it all come through for this man! 'Tis the season!

I think it's really great that he is being acknowledged for his hard work. Being called a hardworker is in and of itself a awesome compliment. Hardworking and talented...winning combination. :)

This is excellent news. I am so glad that Hollywood has finally recognized Gerry's work.

CONGRATULATIONS GERRY!! :yourock:

Yes Bermos, and all of the other members, Gerry is very deserving of all the attention he is finally getting. He has been at it since, I think, 1997, so he has put in his dues and they have paid off because he is so loved and admired and the lovely man can't go anywhere without being recognized. But I think he has said he loves it and enjoys every moment of it. He is a true talent and hope to see him in a lot more movies, hopefully some day, BURNS..and would love to see him do a sequel with Katherine Heigl...it would be a fun movie and of course adult oriented...We love THE UGLY TRUTH...just delightful, especially that dancing scene Katherine and Gerry did together. I love that truly!

hugs, Bonnie Donna Jean...saying goodby for today...have to get ready for up coming holidays. Doing it little by little...beginning of week we got two chickens, and one Prime Rib Roast...next week will get all the trimmings. We even decorated so that our 2-1/2 year old grandson can't hurt himself. Only soft stuffed toys and things that won't hurt him. Of course the trees are another thing...we have a 3 foot, 2 foot and one foot artificial trees and a 2 1/2 foot ceramic tree that our daughter made years ago...it has all colored lights when you plug it in...Oh well, we will have to keep an eye on that busy little bugger, a sweet bugger though!

Luv and hugs and happy holidays to you and yours

Bonnie Donna Jean