Gerard Butler GALS

12/13 Gerry in Somerset PA

lavender1960

Following a report of GB being seen in the Philly Airport, we have the reason for his visit

Actor Gerard Butler in Central City

Sunday December 13th, 2009 10:21 PM EST

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/can...tralCityjpg.jpg

Actor Gerard Butler is shown with the Rev. Sam Childers at the Shekinah Fellowship Church in the Central City area Sunday morning. Butler is supposed to play Childers in a movie about the preacher's life. (Photo by Sandy Wojcik) [i got photo from the E edition, gotta love free trials!]

Newspaper Link

Looking up Childers, quite an interesting character.

Edited by Songbird
Changed image to link only due to size.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow...thanks for the info lavender!

I have heard of Sam Childers before...he has really turned his life around and what he has done to help children in Africa (I believe I read it was in Africa) is wonderful.

Thank you.

hugs,

Sue

Ooooh! Thanks...

wonder if it's related to this, first mentioned back in February...with model/actor Marcus Schenkenberg

Gerry was spotted at this event, held this morning ~ and there's mention of a new movie, a 'thriller set in Africa' (?)

Source: http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sc...?justin=1986253

Ooooh! Thanks...

wonder if it's related to this, first mentioned back in February...with model/actor Marcus Schenkenberg

Gerry was spotted at this event, held this morning ~ and there's mention of a new movie, a 'thriller set in Africa' (?)

Source: http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sc...?justin=1986253

Wow, you guys are good! All you need is a hint from a photo, you can put the pieces together and we have the story in no time. :-)

Gerry, honey, if you're reading, there's no escape from us, so you might as well give us the scoops as soon as you decide on something and save us the trouble. Then again we do enjoy this game immensely! :-)

I read an interview by Childers where he said that the sent some of his journals to a Hollywood celebrity who helped him get his book published. Do you think it could have been Gerry?

And here is a statement for my therapy session: following this piece of news, I have fallen even more for Gerry and am currently attracted to him in the naughty sense more than ever before (yes, that was possible to my surprise). In my book, there is nothing more attractive in a man than being focused on his career in a passionate way and being able to work hard on many projects. As far as we know, he is preparing for Coriolanus and he is developing Burns, Slide and now this. And he makes the time to fly half way across the globe to pick up an award. God, the way I feel right now, I should move to te Gutter immediately. If only I could overcome my shyness... :-)

Theresa

It does sound like it Barb...oh, how exciting...Gerry from Hells Angel to missionary ... and a thriller to boot!!!

This is how my brain computed the above: exciting ... Gerry ... missionary ... position ... in just his boots. Posted Image

It does sound like it Barb...oh, how exciting...Gerry from Hells Angel to missionary ... and a thriller to boot!!!

This is how my brain computed the above: exciting ... Gerry ... missionary ... position ... in just his boots. Posted Image

Me too :thud:

It'll be interesting to see.

That is the same outfit he wore at when he got the Bell from Philly when they were filming LAC!

I hope he has fun in Dubai tomorrow!

Thanks for posting.

It's thoughts like that that have kept you away from Imdb PRO and led Gerry down 3 places. :-)

Theresa

:funnyup::lmao:

I just Googled Sam Childers and got goose bumps. He is called the Machine Gun Preacher! He is strongly support by Peter Fonda too, but I haven't heard anything about Fonda's involvement in the film. This film sounds like it is really Gerry's kind of movie, troubled guy who turned his life around and is now rescuing children in Africa and toting a machine gun when necessary to get the job done! Sam is aided in his work by his very supportive wife and two kids too. Verra strong man with a mushy center. Awwww!

Gerry, best of EVERYTHING in this endeavor! I can't wait to see it!

Suzie

I just Googled Sam Childers and got goose bumps. He is called the Machine Gun Preacher! He is strongly support by Peter Fonda too, but I haven't heard anything about Fonda's involvement in the film. This film sounds like it is really Gerry's kind of movie, troubled guy who turned his life around and is now rescuing children in Africa and toting a machine gun when necessary to get the job done! Sam is aided in his work by his very supportive wife and two kids too. Verra strong man with a mushy center. Awwww!

Gerry, best of EVERYTHING in this endeavor! I can't wait to see it!

Suzie

I'm with you Suzie! I'm very excited about this perspective project, and I would be so proud for Gerry to portray this guy. I also googled Pastor Sam when I saw this. I went on his church's website, and it's all about the Sudanese children. I really can envision Gerry doing this, and I agree, Barb, that it probably is related. How exciting for Gerry to be able to work in Africa (if they film it there).

I look forward to hearing more about this one. And honestly, I'm kinda excited to see him in the mustache. I've been wanting Gerry to do a role where he doesn't look like himself and makes people say, "That's Gerard Butler?!" :)

Edited by phoenixgirl

I've been wanting Gerry to do a role where he doesn't look like himself and makes people say, "That's Gerard Butler?!" :) [/b][/color][/font]

Hasn't that been the case until recently? in my BG life (Before Gerry that is) I had seen at least 4 films with him and did not know it was the same actor! :-) I've heard a lot of people say that, even Gals around here. I know two guys at work who saw and really liked TUT and did not realise it was "the guy from 300" until we told them! :-)

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

I've been wanting Gerry to do a role where he doesn't look like himself and makes people say, "That's Gerard Butler?!" :) [/b][/color][/font]

Hasn't that been the case until recently? in my BG life (Before Gerry that is) I had seen at least 4 films with him and did not know it was the same actor! :-) I've heard a lot of people say that, even Gals around here.

Theresa

And that's my point. Until recently he's done a lot of character acting, which I think he does best. But everything after 300 has been Gerry looking like Gerry. So, I'm looking forward to seeing him go back to a bit of character acting. Just my own thing.

Best not to get TOO excited though. I do agree that this potential movie depending where it is at scriptwise etc sounds perhaps more intriguing than some of the others under development, especially since the situation in Sudan has been quite topical. Bottomline this would be really biting off a politically important story as well as what seems like a very interesting human story in terms of the life of Mr. Childers.

But Gerry has got a lot of projects under development right now. And when you are juggling a lot of balls, what invariably happens is some of those balls are going to drop and roll away or get thrown over to someone else.

It took what 2 years to bring LAC together. If this was someone else's project, and director and money are already coming into place, and they want Gerry for the lead role and it gets listed on Imdb shortly, then I'd be more excited now.

I have read so many stories about great scripts, bought by production companies and studios, merely gathering dust for years - so sad really. Every once a while the odd great script is remembered and fished out of the dust or bought by someone else who turns into a great film.

I tend not to feel a film is definite until Day 1 of filming and look what happened on the set of Beowulf and Grendel, they got that film in the can with sheer will and deterimination. Makes for more exciting backstories though eh?

You follow the career of any one actor or a few actors long enough you get used to their names being attached to projects which they have never heard of - apparently directors and producers like to name drop for whatever reason or they do their wishful thinking out loud and a lot of projects never get to Day 1 of filming, sometimes very close but no cigar, and other projects get on film but then can't get distribution and go straight to DVD.

Edited by lavender1960

:funnyup: I love you Holly!

Sounds like a great role!

Cheryl

:rotflmao: "in just his boots"

We are soooo bad. :cunning:

Edited by ready2fly

If it comes to fruition it sounds like it could be a great project, but I too don't count on anything until it's actually "in the can" and even then sometimes we never get to see it on the big screen (Butterfly on a Wheel). I think the last time I looked at Leonardo diCaprio's IMDb page it showed something in excess of 20 projects at some stage of "in development" - it was more than the total number of completed films he has on his resume so obviously not all of those will happen, just like so many of the projects Gerry has at one time or another been attached to that fell to the wayside. When I first heard of this one my immediate response was "if you're going to do a bio-pic Gerry what about BURNS????"

Hasn't that been the case until recently? in my BG life (Before Gerry that is) I had seen at least 4 films with him and did not know it was the same actor! :-) I've heard a lot of people say that, even Gals around here.

Theresa

And that's my point. Until recently he's done a lot of character acting, which I think he does best. But everything after 300 has been Gerry looking like Gerry. So, I'm looking forward to seeing him go back to a bit of character acting. Just my own thing.

I totally agree Lisa! He's such a great character actor, and it's amazing to see him morph the way he does. I know I was a little less than enthused about this earlier, but now I'm hopping on board. Hmm... there's no good emoticon for "hopping on board" (we should get one made!), so I'll just throw this out there instead... :lick:

:kisswink:

Steph