Gerard Butler GALS

12/13 Gerry in Somerset PA

lavender1960

I agree with you Bailey...that picture really does look like a picture from when he was filming LAC ...um...or he has the same exact clothes on! :kisswink: Maybe it's his PA outfit! But I will in fact agree with you'all cause this sounds like it could be a pretty meaty role....but I believe it's a wait and see thing right now! I also agree with Susan...What about a bio of Burns??

:wave: Frannie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Bailey...that picture really does look like a picture from when he was filming LAC ...um...or he has the same exact clothes on! :kisswink: Maybe it's his PA outfit! But I will in fact agree with you'all cause this sounds like it could be a pretty meaty role....but I believe it's a wait and see thing right now! I also agree with Susan...What about a bio of Burns??

:wave: Frannie

I said the same thing to Stephanie this morning when she showed it to me (in fact, Frannie, I think he has the outfit on under the parka in your siggie!). However, we do know that Gerry recycles his clothes so it's possible.

I guess in time we'll find out. I really do hope this happens.

Why does it seem odd if you see him wear his clothes more than once, especially every day clothes? The Philly pics are from almost a year ago.

I personally wear my every day clothes fairly often, especially my favorites. Maybe every 2 weeks for a top. Is that unusual?

Ren

Why does it seem odd if you see him wear his clothes more than once, especially every day clothes? The Philly pics are from almost a year ago.

I personally wear my every day clothes fairly often, especially my favorites. Maybe every 2 weeks for a top. Is that unusual?

Ren

I guess it's not so much odd as it is ironic that it's the same shirt in PA.

Could it be that this pic was taken when Gerry was filming LAC? Just a thought. Articles do use old pics and that could be when Gerry first met Sam. Gerry may have gone back recently but they could have used an earlier pic for the story.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, I feel sure this pic is new. First, I think his hair was shorter on top when they were filming LAC and second, it looks like he's wearing the "stallion" ring we first saw during the TUT Premiere/Press Junket. That ring looks good on him.

I've been wanting Gerry to do a role where he doesn't look like himself and makes people say, "That's Gerard Butler?!" :) [/b][/color][/font]

Hasn't that been the case until recently? in my BG life (Before Gerry that is) I had seen at least 4 films with him and did not know it was the same actor! :-) I've heard a lot of people say that, even Gals around here.

Theresa

And that's my point. Until recently he's done a lot of character acting, which I think he does best. But everything after 300 has been Gerry looking like Gerry. So, I'm looking forward to seeing him go back to a bit of character acting. Just my own thing.

Ok, I get it, I think I agree although not too crazy about the moustache. But, boy, will he make a h... of a bike rider! :-)

Theresa

That and apparently the idea for the movie come out in October 2009. Not to say though that discussions did not arise during the filming of LAC.

There is apparently a script and a director and the claim they are going into preproduction and hope to make this film in 2010. They had not gotten their lead actor however as of the time of this interview, they were just starting to cast the movie then.

Sam Childers Interview

The discussion about the movie itself starts at 21: 10 mark

Edited by lavender1960

Not a fan of moustaches in general myself but actors do what they gotta do and for whatever reason, Oscar loves it when good looking actors and actresses ugly up, oops I mean downplay their good looks. See Halle Berry in a couple of critically acclaimed roles.

Being a Gary Oldman fan, pretty doesn't happen much - that boy has run the gammut- ever seen his character Mason Verger in Hannibal, it would give you nightmares, which was the point. Bwah.

Edited by lavender1960

Kathy, I feel sure this pic is new. First, I think his hair was shorter on top when they were filming LAC and second, it looks like he's wearing the "stallion" ring we first saw during the TUT Premiere/Press Junket. That ring looks good on him.

Right, that's what I told Steph. The ring was on. :wuv: God that ring makes smile.

The Sam Childers interview is really eye opening. I'd like to read his book "Another man's War." I assume the movie would have the same title? They even have a director for the movie, already.

I went online last night, and saw Childer's charitable organization, "Angels of Africa." Words fail, when it comes to these images.....

What a great movie this could be........hope it all comes together, whoever might be starring!

:hmm:

I just Googled Sam Childers and got goose bumps. He is called the Machine Gun Preacher! He is strongly support by Peter Fonda too, but I haven't heard anything about Fonda's involvement in the film. This film sounds like it is really Gerry's kind of movie, troubled guy who turned his life around and is now rescuing children in Africa and toting a machine gun when necessary to get the job done! Sam is aided in his work by his very supportive wife and two kids too. Verra strong man with a mushy center. Awwww!

Gerry, best of EVERYTHING in this endeavor! I can't wait to see it!

Suzie

I agree! Gerry should be able to relate to this man. I love the way Gerry is so diverse in his choice of movies!

This is interesting, another article on the Childers projects suggests they are now looking at a May timeline to start filming. It has to be recent, it is by the same person who took that picture of Gerry and the Rev fom over the weekend that I was able to grab. The article mentions that Gerry may play the title role so this is clearly still in the consideration stage.

Minister’s life to become movie

Edited by lavender1960

This is interesting, another article on the Childers projects suggests they are now looking at a May timeline to start filming. It has to be recent, it is by the same person who took that picture of Gerry and the Rev fom over the weekend that I was able to grab. The article mentions that Gerry may play the title role so this is clearly still in the consideration stage.

Minister’s life to become movie

When Gerry accepted his award and was talking about future projects, he mentioned one he couldn't "talk about". I'm guessing, and hoping, this was the project he was referring to. I think until contracts are signed, they can't say for sure.

This sounds like a really great potential project that I personally would love to see Gerry become involved with. I always so enjoy seeing all the different roles Gerry does, and it would be really refreshing to see him in a film like this, you know, a real human interest story. I have been reading up on Childers myself, and he is a really remarkable person. I also read that director Marc Forster is attached to the film and when I read that, I was absolutely giddy, b/c I really love his work. He directed one of my favorite films, "Finding Neverland" about the life of J.M. Barrie.

Being a Gary Oldman fan, pretty doesn't happen much - that boy has run the gamut- ever seen his character Mason Verger in Hannibal, it would give you nightmares, which was the point. Bwah.

You know I was reading other previous comments about should Gerry do this role, it wouldn't be the worst thing if Gerry didn't look like himself and I really agree. and the funniest thing is, Gary Oldman`s role in Hannibal was one of the first I thought of too when thinking of actors who have played characters that look so unlike themselves, its scary. Another person I immediately thought of was Charlize Theron in "Monster"...now she really looked different in that one, but it paid off, got her an Oscar. so I actually would enjoy seeing Gerry play a character, that I have to double take to realize its him.

It does sound like it Barb...oh, how exciting...Gerry from Hells Angel to missionary ... and a thriller to boot!!!

This is how my brain computed the above: exciting ... Gerry ... missionary ... position ... in just his boots. Posted Image

Boy oh boy we GALS think alike LOL! This really sounds like something he can sink his teeth into!

It does sound like it Barb...oh, how exciting...Gerry from Hells Angel to missionary ... and a thriller to boot!!!

This is how my brain computed the above: exciting ... Gerry ... missionary ... position ... in just his boots. Posted Image

Boy oh boy we GALS think alike LOL! This really sounds like something he can sink his teeth into!

LOL...which one Tanya...the hells angel to missionary thriller OR the movie where he running around as a missionary in just his boots? :lmao:

LOL...which one Tanya...the hells angel to missionary thriller OR the movie where he running around as a missionary in just his boots? :lmao:

Brain processing... Gerry missionary position in just his boots.....

I don’t think Gerry would need to change his appearance that much, Sam Childers is not well known. I don’t think Gerry would need to shave his head or gain weight. Sandra Bullock in Blindside had blond hair for the role but she does not look a lot like Leigh Ann Tuohy and Tim McGraw looked nothing like Leigh Ann’s husband Sean. But the movie worked because it’s a terrific story, just like San Childers story is fascinating and needs to be told. I would love to see this movie happen. It would be a great role for Gerry. Let’s hope it comes together.

How far one goes in altering one's appearance for a role is also in part up to the director and his vision, some directors leave it up to the actor.

Some actors are sticklers for details in the case of biopics, esp if they are still living and many actors really feel that the change in physical appearance helps them get into character, as Gerry said happened with Phantom and 300. You look like a Spartan King much easier to get into the character of a Spartan king. Some actors don't feel that need but when you are looked upon as eye candy as some actors and actresses are, you sometimes almost need to ugly it up for people to finally respect you as for your acting talent. Sad but true. It was the bane of Marilyn Monroe's life and the fact of the matter is she was such a skilled comedienne that people believed she was as ditzy as the characters she portrayed.

Besides I think GB would make one hot biker turned machine gun preacher no matter what.

Edited by lavender1960

I think this sounds like a great story and I'm wondering if it's the one Gerry was referring to during that interview with the students in Dubai when he said he was working on one project with Ralph Fiennes and one he can't speak about but the story needed to be told or something like that.

Delene

I think this sounds like a great story and I'm wondering if it's the one Gerry was referring to during that interview with the students in Dubai when he said he was working on one project with Ralph Fiennes and one he can't speak about but the story needed to be told or something like that.

Delene

You're a day late and a dollar short ... I already figured that out. :funnyface: (it's good to have you back to pick on).

Delene

You're a day late and a dollar short ... I already figured that out. :funnyface: (it's good to have you back to pick on).

Sorry, Lisa. Didn't read back far enough to see your post. I am at least a couple days late for sure.

Delene

Delene

Sorry, Lisa. Didn't read back far enough to see your post. I am at least a couple days late for sure.

Delene

Honey, I'm just messing with you. I actually kinda expected something a bit more sarcastic from you. I'm sorely disappointed. :lol: