Gerard Butler GALS

12/15 - Gerard Butler wows female fans

from: http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../712159858/1010

Gerard Butler wows female fans

Praveen Menon

DUBAI // Screaming fans welcomed the actor Gerard Butler yesterday at the Dubai International Film Festival, where he was presented the award for International Star of the Year by Variety magazine.

Butler walked the red carpet last night, along with many other stars on hand to watch the screening of Avatar, James Cameron’s science fiction epic.

Before the red carpet event, Butler talked about his life and cinema at the Madinat Theatre to an audience made up mostly of women of all ages. “PS, I love you, too!” Butler yelled, responding to cries from the crowd.

The actor, who has starred in films such as 300, PS: I Love You and The Ugly Truth, was greeted with screams from placard-waving female fans.

“Thank you for all the screaming. It makes me feel very sexy,” Butler said. “I do not win too many awards, which is why I will cherish this one.”

Earlier, at a press conference to announce the award, the 40-year-old Scot sent the audience into peals of laughter as he joked about everything from his acting skills to his distinct accent.

“I graduated with a law degree and worked as a lawyer for years. But I got fired, which left me open to the universe and its wicked ways,” he said.

Butler joked about almost every question thrown at him. He challenged the interpreter by speaking fast in a thick, Scottish accent and checking whether she could get everything he was saying.

Posted Image “If it were up to me I would stick to my Scottish accent,” he said. “It is one of the downsides of this profession, as I have to play American so often. It’s been very hard to go from a full Scottish accent to a US accent.”

He was asked what question he would hope to avoid for the rest of his life. “I wish the media never asked me again if I am dating Jennifer Anniston,” he said. “She may be my favourite person on the planet. She is so cool, but I am not dating her.”

The festival will conclude with the awards ceremony tonight.

Well, I guess that tells all those who think we are nuts and rude for screaming at him when he comes over to the fans at a premiere. In fact I have seen him actually whip up a crowd of fans to be MORE vocal if he thinks we are being too reserved and quiet.

You scream, I scream we all scream for GERRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Well, I guess that tells all those who think we are nuts and rude for screaming at him when he comes over to the fans at a premiere. In fact I have seen him actually whip up a crowd of fans to be MORE vocal if he thinks we are being too reserved and quiet.

You scream, I scream we all scream for GERRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Right on, Susan!!! :D

I can't imagine anything more dispiriting than to walk into a crowd who stands there (or sits there) in reserved, well-mannered silence. Granted, a few less marriage proposals might be warranted in more formal surroundings, but a little screaming, applause and "We love you, Gerrys" are always appreciated. :lol:

And we do! We love you Gerry!!! :wuv::D

jane

Thanks Barb.... :kiss:

I love the come back though "P.S. I love you too" Oh yeah he knows how to stir up a crowd ...He leaves them breathless...um ...and me too! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Gerry loves the screaming and then loves to yell "shut up!" at the top of his lungs! He needs to adapt some kind of hand signal, like the slit to the throat. I was watching something the other night about the red carpet and while a celebrity, I don't remember who, was being interviewed, I heard above all the screaming someone yell, "shut up" and wondered if it was Gerry!

Thanks, Barb.

Delene

Thanks Barb.... :kiss:

I love the come back though "P.S. I love you too" Oh yeah he knows how to stir up a crowd ...He leaves them breathless...um ...and me too! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Oh, yes, your so right, Gerry leaves them breathless...he has done that from the very first movie I saw with my hubby George on our anniversary back in 2005...THE PHANTOM of THE OPERA. I saw him coming down that candle lite hall and immediately was "breathless." He has that something that not only ladies admire and swoon over, but I think since he made "300" he has made men also his fans.

We saw him in person at the Comi Con in San Diego when he and his group were promoting "300."He was so delightful to everyone in the audience of 6,500 persons in Hall H. My younger son and his wife always have a table at the Comic Con each year and my older son and I went to see Gerry at the Warner Bros booth later where he was signing autographs. He was soooo nice to each and every person that wanted his autograph...a kind word and smile for each person and believe me there were a lot of people wanting to see him. I managed to get a few nice pictures. My older son and I called look this way, and we got a picture with a beautiful smile. I also got a few other pictures of him. That booth was packed with his fans. As I mentioned The Phantom of the Opera was the first movie we ever saw him in. After that I searched and found almost every movie and series he ever made. He has paid his dues with all the different movies and parts he has played and deserves all this adoration..he earned it!

Anyway, after sickness for over 2-1/2 years, I am coming back to enjoy all the wonderful things he is doing. When well enough, I stayed in the back of the theater away fromthe crowd (because of sickness) cancer and enjoyed his movies with my hubby George who also enjoys his movies. His favorites are Phantom, "300," and The Ugly Truth...also he enjoyed Gerry very much in the English series ( a long one) called THE JURY with Derek Jacobi...he was outstanding and the series was very well done...oh yes, almost forgot Attila...we enjoyed that adventurous series on TV too.

Luv and hugs, Bonnie Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...