Gerard Butler GALS

Golden Globes 2010

Hobbes

Didn't know where else to put this but, it's not really a rumor, more of a theory.

It was announced today that Jennifer Aniston will be among the presenters at the Golden Globes in January. And as they frequently pair up co-stars of upcoming films...I'll be curious to see if the addition of one Gerard Butler will be announced shortly as well.

(The Oscars are 12 days before The Bounty Hunter opens...I have my digits crossed for that one.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know where else to put this but, it's not really a rumor, more of a theory.

It was announced today that Jennifer Aniston will be among the presenters at the Golden Globes in January. And as they frequently pair up co-stars of upcoming films...I'll be curious to see if the addition of one Gerard Butler will be announced shortly as well.

(The Oscars are 12 days before The Bounty Hunter opens...I have my digits crossed for that one.)

You do make a valid point. It makes a lot of sense. Let's hope that the people at GG and the Oscars are as sensible as you. I have a good feeling about the Oscars; Gerry had three films out, two of which did very well, he's received the Variety award, he's about to do Shakespeare, he's pretty hot at the moment.

Theresa

I would think that Gerry might be presenter at the Oscars this next year- he’s never done it and he’s had a pretty good year, two hits, and he produced LAC. He did the Globes last year; it seems I read the somewhere that the Oscar’s and Globes won’t use the same presenters for each show. If that’s true I’d like to see him at the Oscars this year.

I would think that Gerry might be presenter at the Oscars this next year- he's never done it and he's had a pretty good year, two hits, and he produced LAC. He did the Globes last year; it seems I read the somewhere that the Oscar's and Globes won't use the same presenters for each show. If that's true I'd like to see him at the Oscars this year.

I thought the Oscars only had past winners present? Or something like that ...

If he does present at the GGs, please God do not have him look like a mannequin like he did last year. :lol: Too shaven, and too much makeup! (my opinion)

Well,it would be great PR to be a presenter at either award show.As far as presenting with JA,that is a two sided thing....on one hand,it will create a heck of alot of press which aides in making you a memorable person media wise BUT on the other hand it will fuel the already annoying rumors and questions that have been fired at Gerry since working with her...either way it will create press,but whether that would be good or bad.I don't know.

Well,it would be great PR to be a presenter at either award show.As far as presenting with JA,that is a two sided thing....on one hand,it will create a heck of alot of press which aides in making you a memorable person media wise BUT on the other hand it will fuel the already annoying rumors and questions that have been fired at Gerry since working with her...either way it will create press,but whether that would be good or bad.I don't know.

Unfortunately, they will have to do a lot of promoting of The Bounty Hunter together so whether it's at the GGs or junkets, etc., Gerry and Jennifer will be seen together many times through March 19th.

Definitely a PR nightmare, and one I'm glad I don't have to deal with. LOL

You don’t have to be a former winner to present at the Oscars. Last year Jennifer Aniston, Tina Fey and Steve Carell were among the presenters and none of them have ever won an Oscar. Usually being in a notable film in the past year is enough of a criterion to be offered a spot on the show. A requirement that Gerry certainly meets. It’s usually only the acting categories where former winning actors present the award.

You don't have to be a former winner to present at the Oscars. Last year Jennifer Aniston, Tina Fey and Steve Carell were among the presenters and none of them have ever won an Oscar. Usually being in a notable film in the past year is enough of a criterion to be offered a spot on the show. A requirement that Gerry certainly meets. It's usually only the acting categories where former winning actors present the award.

OH! Great to know, Rubee, Thanks! :) Then maybe, huh? How cool would that be for him?

Unfortunately, they will have to do a lot of promoting of The Bounty Hunter together so whether it's at the GGs or junkets, etc., Gerry and Jennifer will be seen together many times through March 19th.

Definitely a PR nightmare, and one I'm glad I don't have to deal with. LOL[/b][/color][/font]

Ugh!! I just got nauseous.... Poor Gerry.....

The only thing that could slow down, but not stop, the JA/GB love affair speculation from the press is if either of them were to have a relationship in the works during the promoting of the film. I could honestly see Gerry just saying he had a GF to stop with all the speculation. I know that sounds a bit far fetched, but he just may want to consider having a GF (fake or even REAL) by that time as I am sure he was completely over the entire JA love band wagon this summer and into his promoting of LAC which, of course, had nothing to do with her. How annoying!

With that, it would only slow it down as you know they will then go on to say stupid stuff like "Gerard's undying love for Jennifer threatens his current relationship"...yada yada yada!

So Gross!

Edited by sav8821

I don't see Gerry pandering to the press that way. He's too honest. I think how they've been handling it has been fine. Just ignore it and eventually it'll go away. They have to promote their movie, and that is more important than playing the tabloid game.

It's their job, and they're professionals and they'll do their jobs. I'm proud of how he's been handling all the stupid tabloid crap, and I hope he continues to just ignore it. Like any bully, if you ignore him he'll go away eventually.

I don't see Gerry pandering to the press that way. He's too honest. I think how they've been handling it has been fine. Just ignore it and eventually it'll go away. They have to promote their movie, and that is more important than playing the tabloid game.

It's their job, and they're professionals and they'll do their jobs. I'm proud of how he's been handling all the stupid tabloid crap, and I hope he continues to just ignore it. Like any bully, if you ignore him he'll go away eventually.

Yes I agree,he's been handling it really well,in a mostly mature way too :) Time will make it go away,eventually.

And did someone say volunteer? Pick me! pick me!...jk maybe..yes really I am really kidding.

No need for a fake gf,eventually someone would find out. and THAT would be a MAJOR PR mess that would totally eclipse the JA thing :lol: Honesty is the best policy 99.99% of the time. :)

Hmmm... I'd be happy to see Gerry present at either award show! Seeing that man on screen (large or small) anytime makes me happy.

I also doubt that Gerry would ever make up a relationship just to deflect rumors. And, I have a feeling that even if he was in a relationship and the JA rumors were still abound, I doubt he would come out with it just to squelch the rumors. From the things I've heard him say, and just the general demeanor that I get from him, I don't think he'd let a relationship go public unless it was pretty serious. I think he just sees that as a part of his personal life that the media and the rest of the world doesn't need to know about. And he's probably right. I think I'm happier being blissfully ignorant of any potential relationship Gerry might be in. :kisswink:

Steph

Oh there is a god :yay: This has made my day this news. My dad said yesterday he still wants me to go to the Globes and my sister has promised this time she will come up and help mum. Gerry was announced at the last minute last year so it just goes to show how much his status has risen to be one of the first to be announced this year. Colin will be presenting Best Comedy/Musical Actress I expect as he won Best Comedy/Musical Actor last year.

There should be alot of decent people there this year as Martin Scorcese is getting Cecil B DeMille Award for Lifetime Achievement presented by De Niro and DiCaprio. George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, Colin Firth, Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jnr, Daniel Day Lewis, Woody Harrelson and Christoph Walz are among some of the film nominees. U2 and Paul McCartney up for songs. Sandra Bullock has 2 film nominations and so does Meryl Streep. Glad to see the 2 from Precious getting nominated as it looks a great film. Hugh Lawrie, Michael C Hall, Simon Baker, Kevin Bacon, William Hurt, David Duchovny and Thomas Jane etc up for tv stuff. James Cameron, Clint Eastwood and Quentin Tarantino up for Director. Courtney Cox is up for Best Actress TV Comedy so there is every chance they could have Jennifer presenting with someone on that one just incase :pointy:

I was embarrased for him when they announced him as "the handsome star of The Ugly Truth" and I too hope he looks more like himself and they hold back on the blusher :lmao:

Moira

I was embarrased for him when they announced him as "the handsome star of The Ugly Truth" and I too hope he looks more like himself and they hold back on the blusher

Moira

I'm glad you get to go, Moira. I know how much you have enjoyed it the past few years.

I wasn't embarrassed but felt really bad for him. I hope Hollywood is now starting to see his talent instead of his looks. I would hope they would say "And here to present (insert award here) is versatile actor, Gerard Butler" or something like that.