Gerard Butler GALS

Butler Loves the 12 Days of Christmas

Rendita

Thanks for this insite on Gerry's childhood....but the is one thing I would really like to know Rendita; what is Gerry saying on your avatar? It looks like he is saying the "F" bomb but I'm not sure.....I do notice though that he winks with his right eye on one and with his left eye on the other....strange eh?

:lol: Not that he's unlikely to say it, but in this case he's actually saying "Toys for bigger boys" in the avatar. The actual clip is slightly longer and is in Multimedia.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...mp;showfile=128

:funnyup: Thanks; and after watching his movie "The Ugly Truth" I have an idea what "Toys for bigger boys" he might have had in his mind,,,tsk tsk tsk Gerry; you are soooooo naughty! Never change.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most of it's "untouched" and some is very touched! However, my views now are nothing compared to the ones I had when I lived up in the mountains in Evergreen, Colorado. Nothing will ever come close to that, but as beautiful and breathtaking as they were the conditions and treachery of the landscape was equally as drastic! At least everything here in Missouri, for the most part, is on level ground.

When I was a kid, no matter how many presents I got under the tree to tear open and cast aside after a few hours, I always looked forward to getting the little plastic snowglobe from one of my Granny's, a box of chocolate covered cherries from the other one and my gingerbread man from one of my Aunties.

Delene

Where my family lives in Missouri,it's mostly level ground too...they didn't get any snow though,but they did have some ice.

I always loved those little plastic snowglobes too,and when we were little when we had first moved back to the states of Germany,we had to live with my Grandparents and I remember this one Christmas,we used Grandpas socks which at that age seemed huge..as stockings. And I remember what was in them to this day, an orange,an apple,nuts and those candys that have the strawberry looking wrappers.

I totally agree Delene! And that's how I am too... I sometimes have trouble at Christmas because I want every gift I buy for people to be thoughtful. I don't like buying gifts just because it's the holiday season, it always means the most to me when I see something that I think they would like and just go ahead and get it. I sent my best friend flowers a few months ago for no special occasion; just because she'd been feeling down lately!

Steph

Steph,that was very sweet of you to do that for your friend.

I remember a close friend of mine who was a Nurse Epidemiologist, whom I haven't seen in years (I should look her up as she was getting ready to go to med school when we parted ways and is probably a doctor by now) anyway, we were talking about our favorite things for Christmas one day at the hospital and I had volunteered to work on Christmas, and when I arrived there was a wrapped gift on my desk and it was a box of chocolate covered cherries! I just love people that remember things like that. She remembered my Granny story! It's a special feeling when you know someone is listening and just how one .99 cent box of candy can mean so much!

I gotta look her up now for sure! :tissues:

I have to tell you this woman was amazing! She left a very abusive man with her two kids and took a job tending bar while she went to nursing school. She got her degree and became an RN, then a Nurse Epidemiologist, she started med school while she was Head Nurse of ICU and that was the last time I spoke with her as we moved out of state. I really admire someone like that!

Delene

I would guess that Gerry showers the people he loves with gifts whenever he feels the need. I'm sure that was a tongue in cheek comment. :lol: He's just a silly boy. And I would be that he IS still a boy at Christmas, loving every minute of watching his friends and family open the gifts he's given them. I know I do. I'm horrible at waiting until someone's birthday or Christmas/Chanukah for someone to open a gift I bought them. I love to make people happy, and I hope I can do that more often.

It would be so wonderful if the "Christmas spirit" stayed with us all year long. We should appreciate each other and be good to each other simply because we're human beings and deserve it. Not just because the television says it's a certain time of year. And I truly believe Gerry lives his life that way. I mean, he bought Hillary Swank a waffle iron because he knew she loved waffles. That's a thoughtful, generous man. :)

Off the soapbox ... :hugs:

Another thing that makes it easier,one of my friends told me this,you only get your kids 3 presents,because baby Jesus only got 3 presents. Cuts down on the mile long list "You can only have 3 things,so choose wisely" ;)

This is so smart! If I ever havea kid, I'll use it!

Theresa

I have friends who have done that with their kids since they were little. I also think it's a great idea. :)

Thanks for this insite on Gerry's childhood....but the is one thing I would really like to know Rendita; what is Gerry saying on your avatar? It looks like he is saying the "F" bomb but I'm not sure.....I do notice though that he winks with his right eye on one and with his left eye on the other....strange eh?

I just noticed your second avatar and it is HOT, HOT, HOT! Where is it from?

Theresa

Wonder if Gerry decorated any of his places?

Delene

Awww, that's a nice thought. I can picture him hanging lights, decorating a tree. SIGH. The fantasies abound ...

What, all by himself? That's not much fun. Maybe his assistant put up things for him. Or maybe there is someone special we know nothing of and they did their first Christmas decoration together, with Lolita going for the decorations on the tree, how romantic and cute. :wuv:

Theresa

Delene

Awww, that's a nice thought. I can picture him hanging lights, decorating a tree. SIGH. The fantasies abound ...

What, all by himself? That's not much fun. Maybe his assistant put up things for him. Or maybe there is someone special we know nothing of and they did their first Christmas decoration together, with Lolita going for the decorations on the tree, how romantic and cute. :wuv:

Theresa

I prefer to live in my own little oblivious world, thank you very much. :lol:

he bought Hillary Swank a waffle iron because he knew she loved waffles. That's a thoughtful, generous man.

I did not know that! I had heard also that he knew JA had her kitchen decorated with roosters/chickens and he bought her a little ceramic "c**k" while they were filming "Bounty". Now that's the gift that just keeps on giving! :funnyup:

Delene

he bought Hillary Swank a waffle iron because he knew she loved waffles. That's a thoughtful, generous man.

I did not know that! I had heard also that he knew JA had her kitchen decorated with roosters/chickens and he bought her a little ceramic "c**k" while they were filming "Bounty". Now that's the gift that just keeps on giving! :funnyup:

Delene

Oh yes ... the man is a darling, isn't he? :lol: Yeah I think it was at the wrap of PSILY or something like that. Gerry is so damned funny. You know, I wouldn't mind receiving a c**k from him in my kitchen ... FOR DECORATING YOU PERVES!!! :pointy:

Delene

Theresa

I prefer to live in my own little oblivious world, thank you very much. :lol:

I know, I know, you, Steph AND myself prefer oblivion where this particular side of his life is concerned, but I am still in the Christmas spirit and I hate to imagine him decorating the house all alone. Come on, just for a few days! :-)

Theresa

Delene

Oh yes ... the man is a darling, isn't he? :lol: Yeah I think it was at the wrap of PSILY or something like that. Gerry is so damned funny. You know, I wouldn't mind receiving a c**k from him in my kitchen ... FOR DECORATING YOU PERVES!!! :pointy:

Careful now! We have a f-o-u-r-t-e-e-n-y-e-a-r-o-l-d on board! :lalala:

Delene

Delene - I've heard worse. haha :lol: (Watched TUT)

Lisa - Haha thank you. :)

~Ray

Yes, I'm sure! But that doesn't cut it with me, young man! How'd you watch TUT anyway? Were you one of those kids who paid to see a PG and sneaked in to TUT? :behave:

You're a sweetheart Ray! Don't mind me.

Delene

Delene - I've heard worse. haha :lol: (Watched TUT)

Lisa - Haha thank you. :)

~Ray

Yes, I'm sure! But that doesn't cut it with me, young man! How'd you watch TUT anyway? Were you one of those kids who paid to see a PG and sneaked in to TUT?

You're a sweetheart Ray! Don't mind me.

Delene

Don't worry - I've already had this conversation with him!!! :lmao:

Delene - I didn't see it in theaters. My mom rented it from redbox. I only saw half of it (my mom kicked me out) and I kind of liked it. I was laughing most of the time.

BTW, I think I could pass as an 18 year-old if I snuck into a move theater :lol: I'm 6 ft tall and I'm growing some facial hair.

~Ray

Edited by 300_LawAbidingCitizens

I think Gerry would find the magic again if he had someone special to share the holiday with. I am hoping that he does have someone special. He is a kind & good person who deserves to be happy. After all what is all the success about in life if you have no one to share it with.

Just be careful if you got clever kids using the Three Kings only brought 3 gift argument.

Baby Jesus got only 3 gifts, but for their day they were expensive, for they were gifts "for a king" given by kings....

Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

Closing price for an ounce of gold on Thursday Dec. 24th $1,104.50 US

However the last two can be purchased today quite cheaply now, even at a kingly quality.

Edited by lavender1960

Delene - I didn't see it in theaters. My mom rented it from redbox. I only saw half of it (my mom kicked me out) and I kind of liked it. I was laughing most of the time.

BTW, I think I could pass as an 18 year-old if I snuck into a move theater :lol: I'm 6 ft tall and I'm growing some facial hair.

~Ray

Don't you think you'd get "carded" when you tried to buy your ticket? Six feet at fourteen, eh? Interesting.

Delene

~Ray

Don't you think you'd get "carded" when you tried to buy your ticket? Six feet at fourteen, eh? Interesting.

Delene

I'm not sure. I don't even plan on doing that anyway.

~Ray