Gerard Butler GALS
lisalogan

Personally autographed..?

I know Mr. Butler is way to busy to personally autograph pictures to send out when requested by a fan, so pre-printed ones must surely be sent out. Do they say anything or is it just his signature? Does anyone know? I enclosed a pre-paid envelope when I sent out a birthday card and I got a picture back and I'm curious as to wehter it's really autograped...either way, it's going up on my wall! =)

Thanks!

~~~Lisa

I'm impressed that you got something back. Great for you! My guess is that he signed a ton of them at one point, or it's a color copy of whatever picture he did sign. But either way, it's probably really his signature whether it's original or not.

But you got a response and that's wonderful! :)

:welcome:

I need to do that. I should have done that a long time ago. Would make something nice for my birthday coming up...real or not. If you PM me what it looks like (take a pic of it or scan), I might be able to tell you. Been collecting for well over 15 yrs.

Does it say "Gerard Butler" or "Gerry Butler"? Just curious.

Delene

it says: " All good wishes" and then the signature, and honestly I can't tell if it say Gerry or Gerard =)

I'm impressed that you got something back. Great for you! My guess is that he signed a ton of them at one point, or it's a color copy of whatever picture he did sign. But either way, it's probably really his signature whether it's original or not.

But you got a response and that's wonderful! :)

:welcome:

It's a B&W pic with "all good wishes" and the signature written in silver...

It also depends on where you sent the card. If you could scan it there are many of us who have original autographs and could possibly tell.

If you sent it to the fan mail address, then I would bet he signed a pile of pics for the company or whatever he hired to handle his fan mail.

Very true Lisa however there are those annoying machines that had to be invented that do pre-prints & you just print out a photo with the signature already there. Easier than signing a pile of photos but not nearly as special. Granted I must say when you've been working hard at trying to get a signature and it's a pre-print or auto pen, sometimes it's better than nothing at all or a bad address. Come to think of it my sister wanted to write to Gerry. Scary thing it's going to be on my behalf when she does. Makes me nervous what she'll say :lol:

I think it's awesome that Lisa got something in return. If it's from Gerry's fan mail service, then I'm sure it's Gerry's signature. As has been pointed out, due to demand and time constraints, it more than likely is a print of his signature. But I still think that is special! Glad you heard back from the fan mail LisaLogan!

:pointy: Good for you! I sent a letter let's see about three years ago and was elated to get a photo with him in the "Red Death" outfit from the movie POTO and it was signed "Best wishes/ Gerry Butler" in black felt pen.

I had the impression that this was one of many photos prepared for fans after the Premier of POTO. I know that he does a LOT of globe trotting making movies or interviews so has little or no time to sign each and every piece in person; but I was elated to get it none the less.

The same week; I recieved from Andrew Lloyd Webber; a CD of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat" because of my letter to him about how much my granddaughters enjoyed POTO when we viewed it together.

I have an autographed film cell from POTO from a scene in Point of No Return, which is one of my favs and I was so elated to get it! It was first prize in the "Trees for Life" unraffle. It is beautifully framed with black matting with cell, replication of the scene and autographed with a white or silver felttip, I would imagine, signed "Gerry Butler". I can tell it's "Gerry" because of the loop in the "y" swinging down. I'm pretty confident it's an original signature because it's on the matting and not the photo image and it's all safely under glass. It's one of my most prized possessions. Let's see, what should I get next???

Delene

aw that is amazing he wrote back !

what is the address to send fan mail to

i would love to write him a wee letter :)

natalie

Xx

Details of the current address are here:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=27664

I would love to get an autographed photo!

Do I need to send in a stamped envelope with the request?

For helpful 'hints' and recommendations

check out details at GALS Forum link Fan Mail

:wave:

Posted Image

Jayleen had a great encounter with Gerry and got this from him. This will show you his autograph. She posted this on here so it should be OK to show it again.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I just got an autographed pic in the mail yesterday!!! It's a really nice black and white photo, and in silver pen is written 'Big hugs, Gerry Butler'. Before I put it in a Ziploc bag, I did notice that the signature was shiny/sparkley, so I don't think it was a copy. Can't say for sure tho...all I know is, getting it in the mail really made my day! Posted Image