1. 1. Whose life would you save?

• Dave Creedy
    • Terry Sheridan
    • King Leonidas
    • Jackie Jr.
    • Attila
    • Gerry Kennedy
    • Andre Marek

I agree and have to say Terry. I HATED that he was killed off and it's my least favorite Gerry movie.

but now Gerry's screen test on the bonus features....

:kisswink: Bex

That's cause he was still lookin' like Marek!!!

:cunning:

If TPTB had let him keep his Marek hair... :pant:

Haha, okay, I was thinking about this in terms of the virtues of the characters themselves, and not how their death fit into the storyline. :lol:

I chose to save Gerry Kennedy, because I thought he was such a sweet guy who had it all taken away so suddenly. Deaths like that always strikes me as very unfair.

I was just about to click Marek though, because I'm all about Marek at the moment... but he was 61 when he died, so I figured it'd be better to choose a character that died younger.

I was also really tempted by Creedy, because he was a strong and selfless guy who meant a lot to the community of which he was a part...

This poll was tough. :D

Steph

This poll was hard! I had to vote for Gerry Kennedy, no surprise, but Creedy was right there close as a second. Terry liked to betray even the woman he cared about. No way. Besides, I would save GK so he could keep singing Mustang Sally. haha

Sally

I also look at the poll in terms of the characters virtures.

For me it was between Creedy and Kennedy.

Both loving and selfless. I choose Kennedy in the end because he was so in love with Holly and life as he new it!

Cheryl

Haha, okay, I was thinking about this in terms of the virtues of the characters themselves, and not how their death fit into the storyline. :lol:

I chose to save Gerry Kennedy, because I thought he was such a sweet guy who had it all taken away so suddenly. Deaths like that always strikes me as very unfair.

I was just about to click Marek though, because I'm all about Marek at the moment... but he was 61 when he died, so I figured it'd be better to choose a character that died younger.

I was also really tempted by Creedy, because he was a strong and selfless guy who meant a lot to the community of which he was a part...

This poll was tough. :D

Steph

I didn't pick Terry, specifically for how he fit into the story line, I was just using that as an example of how TPTB copped out. And I like Terry waay more than GK. Always have liked 'bad boy' men. Now, I'm with Sally in that I didn't really care for how he kinda betrayed Lara, but...since we don't really know the back story (that's what fan fic is for!)...

I had no problem choosing Gerry Kennedy for all the same reasons you have mentioned,

above. Does make one stop and think, tho. So nobody wants to save Jackie JR? And I

am going to have to check out the fan fiction about Attila!!

Judy

I chose Creedy because he was such a hero and CHOSE to die to save his community.

Totally agree! *of course* Creedy was the "good guy".

Thanks for the poll Lisa :kiss:

Ray, I would save Clyde, except I don't think he wanted to be saved. I think he was pushed to the edge and ready to accept his fate.

Can you imagine how his life might have changed if he'd met and fell in love with a strong woman to help him through his grief and sway him from his vendetta? Obviously, it wouldn't be the same movie, but I like to think that in another universe, Clyde could have had an okay life.

Steph

This one is so, so, so hard. I haven't voted yet. If I saved the character I loved the most it would definately be Gerry Kennedy because that movie absolutely breaks my heart. And the scene that was cut when he went to the travel agency...(weeping openly)...

But I also loved Leonidas and all that he stood for. But he had to die to save his world...in many ways. Such an incredibly beautiful story and film.

Sadly, I feel Clyde could never be saved. As the ads said, he lost everything, and I am guessing he truly wanted to die, too.

Good points everyone...Leslie

Creedy - I miss Creedy most. Gerry Kennedy is a sweetheart but if you save him there is no movie. The rest had a purpose in their death or were historically necessary. (Marek didn't actually 'die' - just found the time he was meant to live in.) Creedy seems the greatest waste to me. "Don't go, Creedy!!!"

jane

This was easy for me since we had to chose just one to save. It would be Gerry Kennedy for sure. He was a good hard working guy that tried to satisfy his wife at every turn. He was way too young to die and if you read the book he was selfless to the end.

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Gerry Kennedy, but I realize w/o his death there wouldn't have been a movie.

I almost voted for Creedy because honestly his death was completely unnecessary.

I don't consider Andre Marek one of Gerry's "fallen" characters necessarily because his death was not premature. He's only dead because he lived in the past, just as Beowulf (who actually does die in the epic poem) would be dead.

• 7 months later...