Gerard Butler GALS

12/31 - LAC one of Stephen King's Best Movies of '09

becozy

From Entertainment Weekly, Jan 8, 2010 on newstands now!

in at #7

Law Abiding Citizen

The outraged husband and father decides to punish the baddies himself when the wimpish legal system won't: Yeah, yeah, we've seen it all before, but this version's script is wound tight and clever enough to draw blood. All of which would mean little if not for the standout performances by Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx, who turns prosecutor Nick Rice into a morally ambiguous antihero.

I've always loved Stephen King's book and he is so talented! It makes me feel great he loved LAC.

I feel sorry for anyone who missed it, because it needs to be seen on the big screen!

Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx were great a g8t team and having F. Gary Gray directed was the luckiest thing Evil Twin Productions could have done! Musical score is still being played in my car on the radio. B. Tyler fit the mix!

2010 leads us to wonder "What is coming next" Can't wait to see. Gerry Butler we love you!

:wuv::wuv::wuv:

Cool. I think I was only 11 or 12 when I read my 1st Stephen King novel "Salem's Lot". My mother has no idea the things I read at a very young age.

Ginny, I'm glad you mentioned the soundtrack by Brian Tyler. I really think it was a significant add to the overall impact of the movie & it is in my CD Player as well.

Brenda

I loved Salem's Lot the mini series - it still freaks me out to this day with the little kid scratching on the window :hide:

It's a pretty big deal IMHO that he really rates this movie as one of his fave of this year :yay:

Moira

Brenda

I loved Salem's Lot the mini series - it still freaks me out to this day with the little kid scratching on the window :hide:

It's a pretty big deal IMHO that he really rates this movie as one of his fave of this year :yay:

Moira

It's funny you said that, because it still comes up how scared my Mom & brother got watching it together. :)

B

Cool. I think I was only 11 or 12 when I read my 1st Stephen King novel "Salem's Lot". My mother has no idea the things I read at a very young age.

My mom knew, and her only caveat was I comprehend what I was reading. I read the Exorcist when I was 11, because I couldn't see the movie (this was 1974) My first Stephen King book was The Shining in 1978, and I've been hooked ever since!

:wuv: I also loved Shawshank Redemption and confess I like some of Stephen Kings' "stuff" and some I don't like at all. S.K. wrote a book that became a movie with Marg H. from CSI and I couldn't put it down. For the life of me I cannot think of the name of the book. Can anyone help me out???She was digging something up that was out in the woods near her house and other people came to dig too and it changed them. It will drive me nuts until I think of the name of the book. I hate when I do that.

Happy to hear others liked LAC...saw it 5 times and cannot wait til DVD comes out in March.

Thanks Barb for the heads up about it.

yeah, that was called the "Tommyknockers" and i think it had Jimmy Smit (spelling?) in it too. and you're right. it was awesome. like most of you gals, i've been a King fan for YEARS. read my first @ about 11. haven't missed a book or movie of Kings since. and yeah, stevie know REAL talent when he sees it.

way to go Gerry!

Happy New Year Gals!!

Well I was always a wimp when it comes to movies that creep me out but I have seen a couple of SK's movie's that weren't tooooo creeeepy! It is nice to see that LAC is among his faves! Kudos to SK for being up front about anothers movie!

:wave: Frannie

P.S. I Love you Barb!! Thanks for the time and energy not to mention effort you have so diligently not only this past year but each and every year put into Gals to keep us all happy and content! :cunning: Wishing you a beautiful and prosperous 2010 my friend!

Edited by ladyfran

That’s pretty cool that King liked LAC so much. Film criticism needs to be taken away from the hard core cinephile types, who seem to lack any sort of perspective or even have to ability to properly determine the entertainment value of a movie to the average person.

Very cool! I am so happy for Gerry & Evil Twins Productions that their first movie has gotten so much acclaim! Gerry is a very smart man about many things!

Definitely a great plug! SK has bazillions of fans and if he says something is good, hopefully those people will buy the DVD (or at least rent it).

I'm a wuss. I don't do scary movies, and when I was in 11th grade someone made me watch The Shining with Jack Nicholson and I didn't sleep for two days. The Stand was a fabulous mini-series. But don't get me started on IT. There isn't a good enough emoticon to express how that scares the SHITE out of me.

Needless to say, I've never read any of his books, but he is well respected so this is a very good critique for Gerry and Evil Twins.

King has always been an underrated writer. The Stand is my favorite. It’s only been the last few years that King stated to get respect for his writing skills as well as his ability to produce best sellers. And his smaller works, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile are excellent. Whenever I stumble across Entertainment Weekly I always check out his column.

King has always been an underrated writer. The Stand is my favorite. It’s only been the last few years that King stated to get respect for his writing skills as well as his ability to produce best sellers. And his smaller works, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile are excellent. Whenever I stumble across Entertainment Weekly I always check out his column.

I'm always surprised at some stories that are Stephen King's creations. Never knew Shawshank Redemption was. I knew the Green Mile. They're both excellent movies! Same with Stand By Me. I didn't know that was SK until years after i had seen it, and such a great movie.

yeah, that was called the "Tommyknockers" and i think it had Jimmy Smit (spelling?) in it too. and you're right. it was awesome. like most of you gals, i've been a King fan for YEARS. read my first @ about 11. haven't missed a book or movie of Kings since. and yeah, stevie know REAL talent when he sees it.

way to go Gerry!

Happy New Year Gals!!

Oh thanks so much ...that is it. "Tommyknockers" and Jimmy Smit was in it....when I read the book I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

Happy New Year and thanks again for refreshing my memory. :~)

Oh thanks so much ...that is it. "Tommyknockers" and Jimmy Smit was in it....when I read the book I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

Happy New Year and thanks again for refreshing my memory. :~)

Forgive me .. It's Jimmy Smits. :) He's a hot tamale, huh???