Gerard Butler GALS

1/3 - Gerry in Barbados

becozy

It was definitely nice to see Gerry relaxing! I was very angry about the comments about his weight. Can't the man eat? I think he looks wonderful not matter what! He is a big man & I am glad he can be himself. Imagine the pressure to be in 300 shape all the time. I love the pink trunks. Real men wear pink!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also has scratches on his right side, the same side as the bump on his head in Aspen. I bet he fell in Aspen, re-injuring his foot. Poor baby.

Aww, hell ... I don't feel too bad for him. He's recovering in the Carribean for goodness sake! :lol:

Enjoy yourself, Gerry!

He also has scratches on his right side, the same side as the bump on his head in Aspen. I bet he fell in Aspen, re-injuring his foot. Poor baby.

Enjoy yourself, Gerry!

Well, I noticed the scratches too but I thought we should not mention it because they don't seem like the kind of "injury" one might get from skiing, unless one is skiing without a top. :pillowfight::heat:

Theresa

Enjoy yourself, Gerry!

Well, I noticed the scratches too but I thought we should not mention it because they don't seem like the kind of "injury" one might get from skiing, unless one is skiing without a top.

Theresa

Ummm, no. They look like he fell against something that scraped him up pretty good.

Enjoy yourself, Gerry!

Well, I noticed the scratches too but I thought we should not mention it because they don't seem like the kind of "injury" one might get from skiing, unless one is skiing without a top.

Theresa

Ummm, no. They look like he fell against something that scraped him up pretty good.

I couldn't find an emoticon with a lady's fingernails and besides I thought the pillow fight and the heat face were more respectful. :-)

T

Enjoy yourself, Gerry!

Theresa

I couldn't find an emoticon with a lady's fingernails and besides I thought the pillow fight and the heat face were more respectful. :-)

T

I don't think we need to go down this road ... I mentioned it because to me it looked like he fell on his right side either skiing or something else because of the bump on the right side of his head, the scrape on his SIDE and his right foot being bandaged up.

I guess this should be dropped now.

Edited by phoenixgirl

This is to Delene and Lisa:

What is the big reaction all about? I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Lisa just made a simple comment about Gerry, I didn't see anything negative about it and I just made a joke about the scratches (still nothing negative about it unless you consider implying that a single, eligible guy is having "fun" in every aspect of his life negative).

Even before those photos were out, when the TBH trailer was released, I clearly stated that I love the "natural" Gerry. Having heard him say how much he enjoys the "not so healthy food", I am more than happy to see him with the little extra weight because it means he has been enjoying himself and has not been living as a slave to a Hollywood image he's supposed to maintain. Good for him and good for us who are not into men with perfect abs! :-)

I don't know what other sites and blogs are saying, they're usually rubbish so I don't read them, I stick to this site and GB.net for my Gerry info. So I know for myself that I did not bring any negativity to this thread, only some humour which I suppose I failed to get across this time, it happens with the written word. In short I don't understand why either Lisa or Delene were upset.

:whoa:

:hugs:

Theresa

OK we all need to calm down. I totally overreacted, and I apologize.

I see these things because I care and worry about him.

No one on this thread has said anything but positive things about Gerry, and we have all agreed how much we love him better like himself than the pretend 30o body.

Theresa, I just think your speculation was a bit too personal, but it's not for me to decide. There are many fans on the boards who don't like to even think about those things and I think that's ONE of the many reasons speculations about his personal life isn't allowed on the board. Joking or not.

I hope a Mod will see the past few posts and just make them invisible so we can all get back to the most important thing which is SUPPORTING GERRY.

I think some of the fans are a bit sensitive right now about these photos. People are trying to be respectful of Gerry and the site rules, but it is impossible to ignore the mainstream media's attempt to make a story out of Gerry's relaxed vacation physique. I think the attention these photos are getting has set some of us on edge because we are protective of him.

I guess it is a slow news week.

I think some of the fans are a bit sensitive right now about these photos. People are trying to be respectful of Gerry and the site rules, but it is impossible to ignore the mainstream media's attempt to make a story out of Gerry's relaxed vacation physique. I think the attention these photos are getting has set some of us on edge because we are protective of him.

I guess it is a slow news week.

Seriously! Can't another one of Tiger Woods' ladies come out again or something? Geez, c'mon people! :lol:

I’m very confident he was unaware of the paparazzi; I suspect he did not want to be photographed enjoying private time at the beach. But that’s the reality of his profession, can’t put that genie back in the bottle. These photos were rather invasive to begin with, I looked at them, very glad he’s happy and relaxed, but I did wish they hadn’t been taken. Not because he put on a few pounds, that’s not a big deal but I knew the tabloids would make a big fuss about a minor weight gain. That's another reality he has to live with and the downside to being the guy with the abs from 300. I hope as Gerry makes more movies he can be seen as more then that.

He can always contact me; I know some great clothing optional beaches where he can go, very secluded, no pink swimming trunks needed and no paparazzi! ;)

Ladies, just a reminder to please keep 'speculation' off the boards, and to keep your posts to each other respectful...

Some of us want to know every little thing about Gerry, others just enjoy a new pic and a bit of news on the latest.

Gerry does have a scrape on his side and a bandage on his foot, and his physique is what

it is. ;)

And that is that! A story for him to share or not in a future interview, perhaps, but we don't need to discuss it here.

Thanks!

I’m very confident he was unaware of the paparazzi; I suspect he did not want to be photographed enjoying private time at the beach. But that’s the reality of his profession, can’t put that genie back in the bottle. These photos were rather invasive to begin with, I looked at them, very glad he’s happy and relaxed, but I did wish they hadn’t been taken. Not because he put on a few pounds, that’s not a big deal but I knew the tabloids would make a big fuss about a minor weight gain. That's another reality he has to live with and the downside to being the guy with the abs from 300. I hope as Gerry makes more movies he can be seen as more then that.

He can always contact me; I know some great clothing optional beaches where he can go, very secluded, no pink swimming trunks needed and no paparazzi! ;)

He'd love Xandu on Grand Bahama or Orient Beach on the french side of St. Maartin, which by the way, is a hop, skip and jump from Barbados! ;)

Delene

Thanks for the heads-up becozy, about the Golden Globes.

I have a comment. Could Gerry be getting ready for a role where he is going away from the pretty boy looks and into another type of character's looks while he's still on vacation? Things like this do take preparation. That is a possibility!

Whatever the case, enjoy your time off Gerry! Sounds like personal appearances are heating up to Oscar week!

I've loved Gerry's "real man" body since the first time I saw it the summer before he did "300". He has one of the best set of legs I've ever seen on a man - nice and meaty. He's looking great and natural and like I just want to hug him (cuz big guys are so danged huggable to me). I much, much prefer this look to the exaggerated, kill-yourself-to-get-it look of "300".

Okay here it is! We all agree that he looks sooooo huggable and relaxed and enjoying his downtime...some notice things more than others .....maybe better and younger eyes ...I don't know... I don't give a Rats behind whether he's got a little paunch going on or not ....all I want to do is get him OUT of those Pink trunks!!

:p Frannie

WHAT? get your minds out of the gutter ......just cause I don't like the color... :unsure: yeah...that's it! :cunning:

It is impossible to ignore the mainstream media's attempt to make a story out of Gerry's relaxed vacation physique.

I'd like to see the person who wrote this article, and see how "perfect" they are. Pretty sure far from it. Interesting to see who is writing this crap and drivel. Edited by Jennifer10

I'd love to play "motor boat" with that lovely tummy, though! I'm happy to see he's enjoying his Holiday! :cunning:

Delene

Play "motor boat!" LOL! I'm with you Delene! He is adorable!

Sally

Catwomen :wave:

I noticed you were talking about Gerry's dropfoot occuring as he trained for "300" after he sustained a back injury in "Shattered". He actually started filming "Shattered" about 1 1/2 months after he finished filming "300". The drop foot did occur while he was filming "300", but while he filmed "Shattered" he did hurt his back when he was in the car with Pierce on the rooftop.

Sorry, I just had to say that's what happened. Not trying to be 'nitpicky'. :2cents:

Robin Iris

Edited by Robin Iris

Catwomen :wave:

I noticed you were talking about Gerry's dropfoot occuring as he trained for "300" after he sustained a back injury in "Shattered". He actually started filming "Shattered" about 1 1/2 months after he finished filming "300". The drop foot did occur while he was filming "300", but while he filmed "Shattered" he did hurt his back when he was in the car with Pierce on the rooftop.

Sorry, I just had to say that's what happened. Not trying to be 'nitpicky'. :2cents:

Robin Iris

Thank you for clarifying this. I too thought that he shot Shattered after 300 so I was a bit confused. That scene on the rooftop did look harsh and when a friend and I were watching the film about a month ago we went "ouch". No idea there was actual injury involved. And poor Gerry, having to go into shooting of a demanding film like Shattered s quickly after 300... Once again, what a shame this film was not properly released and did not get the recognition it deserved. :-( Everyone who has seen it agrees that it is one of the best and unexpected thrillers they have seen with amazing performances by the three actors.

Theresa