Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

What IS Vegas? What EXACTLY do you DO?

As one of the first gals to "field" Vegas questions, the one I hear time and time again is, "What exactly IS Vegas? What do you DO at a 'fan' convention?"

With the cut-off date for early-bird registration rapidly approaching (January 31st!), I thought I'd start a thread wherein us "veterans" could "sell" the convention to those that may be on the fence. I thought this might also be a nice way for "curious lurkers" to read why we keep going back after 4 years!

I'm asking past attendees to think about it ... perhaps go back to old threads immediately following past conventions ... and try to put in writing your favorite convention memories, personal experiences, why you go back every year and what it's like to be with "kindred spirits." What were some of year "fears"? What surprised you most? Post what you would say to someone "thinking about" going to Vegas!

I'll go first! Ahem...

Let me just say that we're all a little nervous the first time out. I remember the look on my husband's face, back in 2006, when I said, "I'm going to Vegas, BY MYSELF, from June 8th to the 11th -- you'll need to take care of the kids." As my hubby travels a LOT on business and I'm often stuck home "single parenting," he knew better than to protest! :p

I couldn't believe that I found myself 40 and flying to spend a weekend in Vegas with people I'd never met except for *gasp and horrors* on the internet of all places!!! What the heck was I doing?! I didn't want to "chance" spending the weekend with someone I didn't like, so I made sure I had a room all to myself. My approach was that in the event I did, in fact, meet up with a bunch of loonies, my worst case scenario was that I'd spend the weekend, BY MYSELF, sleeping and reading and watching movies in a nice hotel room -- which sounded pretty good!

Turns out, I barely spent time in that room as we all seemed to band together in what was one big, moving pajama party! (There is simply NOTHING LIKE spending two days with 150 women (and a few supportive hubbys/boyfriends) that KNOW what it is to UNAPOLOGETICALLY gush, ogle and lust over Gerard Butler -- no answering that horrible question: "Gerry who?" ... no justifying your time online when you should be doing laundry ... no strange looks from family members ... no misunderstandings when you try to convey how that one certain picture/scene/phrase makes your girly bits tingle. We GET THE GERRY JUICE, man! It's extremely liberating in an odd way.

Imagine yourself conversing casually over dinner, with images of Gerry (6ft tall and in every "flavor" available) projected, in a continuous loop, on a screen in the background. NOW, imagine yourself giggling because you get tickled at how the WHOLE room will literally gasp at certain images. Then, after we catch our collective breath, it starts all over again - until we start dancing. And EVERYBODY dances! We have wheelchaired gals dancing. We have gals on oxygen dancing. We have "fluffy" gals that "haven't danced since they were kids" dancing, even if it's just to sway from foot to foot, and swear they're having the time of their lives! Then we all STOP dancing to gawk at yet another image of Gerry, squeal in unparalleled delight, and start dancing again. We sing; we tell jokes; we raffle Gerrydise for charity; we have FUN and fellowship! We laugh until we pee! And that's just Friday night!!

Since that glorious 1st Annual Convention in 06, my hubby (Big Mike) has taken to joining me. I guess he's figured that after 3 years, this isn't a "passing phase" and he'd rather be in on the fun! (Plus, he wears his kilt and digs being the fox in the CHICKEN coop! :rotlfmao:) Each year we get a few more hubbies joining us and we really stroke their ... egos, making sure they know we're all so impressed with their support, understanding and patience when it comes to our obsession. Many of us use the opportunity to show "skeptical spouses" that most of us truly do come from "normal" backgrounds.

Vegas is what I do for ME! It's my one time to meet with all the people I've been chatting with online during the course of the year. Each convention seems to have that one magical moment that distinguishes itself from the rest -- from the first convention where Gerry looked Bethy in the eyes as she FINALLY got to say "thank you," to 07's heart-wrenching rendition of "I Did It Anyway" by Songbird, to 08's special guest appearance by Martin Delaney and the presentation of the first "Rising Phoenix Award" to Libby, to 09's experience with The Shade Tree. I've NEVER regretted my first convention and I've yet to meet anyone else able to say differently.

Now it's your turn, Veterans! Tell me what :vegasbaby: does for YOU!

Well....

I have to say I had some of the same feelings as Holly did. I had only been a member of GALS for a few short months when I decided to take the plunge.

I had been happily chatting with Gals & Pals on the site and immediatly felt like I knew these people.

Hmm but to get on a plane and fly to Vegas to attend a convention with them, ya right! What was I thinking. I didn't really "know" these people.

At first I had the same idea to get my own room incase I needed a place to escape the wackos.

Then some threads popped up asking for roommates and I thought what the hell! If I'm going to do this I'm going to do it all the way!

Boy am I glad I did! I met my roomy in the Hilton lobby (Binkie) and man was she a hoot! A little firecracker. Thanks Binks!

She started introducing me right away to other GALS. Immediately I felt like we all became instant friends. Putting faces to the names of the people I had been chatting with on-line. The next 5 days that I was there were amazing! These people were NORMAL! They had jobs, families, husbands. The bond that we shared was Gerry.

We watch Gerry movies, dine on fabulous food, talk about Gerry incounters, Auction amazing items off for Charity, dine on more food and Dance!

There's also fun workshops to attend. I'll be teaching a siggy workshop again this year, so come join me!

Most take in some Vegas shows and have fun exploring the strip. It's really fun to see how many people you can fit into a cab or limo! I think we got 10 into a limo one night :D

My advice is GO! You won't regret it.

Hugs,

Cheryl

In my own words... although Holly said most of it for me.

Vegas is where I don't have to be anything but KB. I can let my hair down, or in my case wear all of my hair at the same time! :lol: I to dress up and wear shoes I have no business wearing.

Mostly this feeds my soul. Once a year I have the opportunity to let these women know they matter. Their presence in my live via the Internet is a blessing. And to discover that I matter, without washing a pair of underwear, or cooking a meal, or driving to a "thing" or paying for a widget.

Getting on a plane to Vegas instantly boost your self esteem. You feel a sudden burst of strength. There may be a moment of hesitation when you enter the hotel lobby, then you hear the squeals and see a complete stranger running towards you, or you slowly approach the registration table and three fluffy GALS smile up genuinely thrilled to see YOU! TO put a face with a name. Then you discover there are a hundred more smiles and hugs in the next room.

Miracle of miracles it gets better! We, in our days of enjoyment, reach out and embrace others. I love precious little more than being in a cold, room, with diet coke, dove chocolates, drapes closed unaware of the time of day, my bestie in the next bed and wifi on my lap... EXCEPT listening to Marlene (director of The Shade Tree) describe being overwhelmed. This small group of Misfit fans has the power to overwhelm. THAT alone is worth making the trip.

Vegas feeds your soul. You will leave feeling empowered, encouraged and planning for next year.

See ya in June!

KB

This is probably nothing but repeats BUT I am no stranger to jumping on a plane to go and meet "strangers". Before Gerry, I'd done it a few times and it was okay but there is nothing like knowing that you're going to get to see your online girls in Vegas.

I admit that the first time I was nervous. I had no idea what I was getting into but I left feeling like a person and not just a wife and a mother. Last year when I went was even better. I don't know how to explain it other than you will feel like yourself. You feel energized. You laugh til you cry or pee your pants. You just will really have the best time and by the time it's over you're ready for more.

I have met the best women on GALS, made wonderful friendships, learned so much about myself and Vegas is the icing on the cake.

The night before Im so excited that I can't even sleep. Even on the plane I have a dumb arse grin on my face because I know where I'm going. People probably think Im nuts but Im not. I'm just genuinely happy and that smile is on my face the entire week that Im in Vegas.

Don't be scared. Come on. You'll meet up with old friends and make new ones. You'll laugh and ya might even cry but you won't regret being there at all.

I cannot wait to get there again.

Again, repeating a lot of what has already been said......I attended my first convention on 07......I was 36...had never been on a plane.....hell, I had only stepped foot out of my home state of Illinois a couple of times in my 36 years......I too, told my hubby...I'm going...alone.....he wasn't too happy at first, but when he realized there was no stopping me, he gave up and accepted my excuse that I needed "me" time....and that's what a lot of what Vegas is about....not only is it a time and place to share our common bond of Gerry with friends that we talk to on a daily basis, take part in extraordinary charity events, but it allows you those couple of days....not worrying about where anyone has to be, where anyone else wants to go, what anyone else wants from you....it's all about what you want, where you want it and when you want it....I've never felt more free in my life....never more empowered.....never stronger.....and sharing it with new friends who absolutely understand exactly where you're coning from....they totally get how you feel about Gerry and don't judge you for it......that is priceless.....it is an experience that everyone should have the opportunity to have.....if you can, don't hesitate.......heck, I even did a stand up act that first time out.....I went again in 08, and this time hubby went along...he thought he needed to see what all of the fuss was about....let's just say that he now understands a little better......and I can't see him ever giving me flack about going again....I had to miss in 09 and am afraid that money won't quite allow 10 to happen either, but I will be there in 11 if I have to walk.....all I can say further is Go!!!!!Go!!!!!!GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was kind of lucky in 2006 for the first convention as I was already an old hand jumping on a plane to do something that other people might think is a bit whacky. Every one of my previous experiences had turned out to be so much fun and Vegas by far lived up to those experiences and then some. In addition I wasn't quite going into Vegas not knowing anyone because I'd flown there the year before to meet Dayna and Pammie (Football Princess).

But really in addition to the absolute ball we have spending so much time with a group of women (and a few men) who really do understand the Gerry Juice phenomenon, the connections we have are just so much fun!! Staying up late in the hospitality suite watching Gerry movies (even when we've had issues with DVD players and speakers), meeting face to face with someone for the first time whose posts you've become so familiar with on line, the entertainment whether from a performer like Jay White the amazing Neil Diamond impersonator, or Martin Delaney who auctioned off his own pants, or our own mega-talented Songbird - or the super creative fan videos we get to enjoy. Great friends, good food, fab entertainment and dancing our feet off to the stylings of Abrock, our GALS DJ. It probably shouldn't even be legal to have that much fun! :woo:

Then, in my case there is finding an even bigger purpose within all the fun and feasting - helping others. The work we do for charity in Las Vegas has become very important to me, more important every year. The connection we made with Marlene and The Shade Tree last year only fortified what kind of a difference a room full of women who love a really hot and talented Scottish actor can make in the lives of others whom we've never met.

I don't believe I have any more words I could add to encourage everyone to come to our little Vegas getogethers...

I too had never been on a plane by myself or traveled anywhere alone. Until a few years before

I had been the main care giver to my parents and after they were gone I became depressed and

anxious. Discovering Gerry in Phantom opened a whole new world for me and brought me here to GALS.

I am still prone to panic attacks but I try to control them and being with all my friends online and in our

GB adventures gives me alot of pleasure.

I did make a video of the first convention in '06 when we had the pleasure of a visit from the Man himself.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/ger...rry_0001wmv.flv

Where to start? First of all, after the passing of my husband, I went into a dark depression. Gerry and my association with GALS began pulling me out of it. I saw all the pictures of the '06 Convention and thought wistfully about how much fun everyone seemed to be having. However, I seldom left the house and was terrified of flying, so that was that. Then I met Lady Elissa who gave me a swift kick in the arse and got me out of the house. When the '07 Convention came along she FORCED me to look at myself and swallow a lot of fear. We flew to Vegas along with Elissa's incredibly supportive hubby, "Good Sport" (Bill). I'd already been contacted about sharing a room with our darling Dee Eastman who was one of the Mandoll Assistants as Elissa and I were, so she not only "got" Gerry, she also "got" the fun of a Mandoll Mini Convention! The whole weekend was beyond fun! We had arrived on Thursday and went with a bunch of GALS to see the Chippendales (Good Sport did not attend LOL!) Registration brought lots of squeeling over putting faces and names together (Thankfully, at Registration, we get name tags with both our screen name and real name on them!), LOTS of drooling over sexy Gerry pictures and such laughter as you can only imagine!

Friday night is usually the really FUN night. A lot of raffle and auction items are on display and we get to see the Video Contest entrants and we vote on them. Hopefully, Holly can be persuaded to do one of her stand up routines about Gerry Fandom. Last year, she even had the Bartender in hysterics. Sometimes we even get Katie to sing for us which is always a treat. Our Admins and MODS always come up with a really fun evening and laughter, good food and dancing reigns.

Saturday night is our "Theme" night and many of us are in costume. This year it is a Scottish theme and many of us are trying to come up with something appropriate to wear. This is also the evening that is devoted to The GALS Charity Foundation and we are reminded that GALS has empowered and inspired and supported women to overcome adversity. It is such an incredible honor to be part of a group that does such good. I suspect Gerry is pleased by the things we are able to accomplish in his honor. The evening is capped by dancing and much more laughter and more wonderful raffles and auction items, every penny of which goes to The Shade Tree.

I have spoken to people who have attended Conventions put on by other Gerry fan groups and they always complain about the cost of our convention. Unlike other conventions, ours is two big dinner parties, workshops, A showing of a Gerry movie, fun get togethers and the hospitality suite which is a continuous party. Groups of us take in shows or explore the Strip or generally get into some kind of mischief together (Keeping it legal, of course). Many of us come in on Wednesday or Thursday and stay till Monday so we have the chance to explore Vegas on our own if we want to.

You know what is really cool? I live in Texas and spend my life in jeans and tees. Now, I have a whole year to plan on really pretty stuff to wear in Vegas ( I'm a girly girl). While in Vegas I get to wear a cocktail dress on Friday night and try to get used to heels again. On Saturday, I wear either a costume that fits the theme of the evening, or a dressier dress - even a long one if I want to. I dress up and wear heels again for any shows I want to go to. For at least three evenings, I look like a lady (WHAT????) Well, that's not to say I behave like one. If you would rather be more casual, that's OK too - no one will frown at you! If you have a "get in shape" goal, Vegas is always a great target date for you. If you are in "Mommy Mode" 24/7, this is your chance to, as KB said, "Let your hair down" and have an adult weekend just for you or for you and your man. No one under 21 allowed. See, GALS is working for you too!

Come join us, have a BLAST!

Suzie

PS: Bring a wrap. The weather is scorching, but the hotels are like meat lockers!

Elissa, thanks for kicking my arse, buddy.

Edited by Texas gramma

Hi,

I have not been to a Gerard Butler convention but in 2008 I did go to my first convention for another actor. I was not sure what to expect and very nervous. I did get my own room because I was not sure about having a room mate. Anyway, I had a great time and went to another one in Oct, 2009. I took a friend and it was amazing.

So hopefully I can make it this year to the Vegas event. Sounds like everyone has a great time.

Cheers, Themis380

You know what? I started this thread hoping y'all would help me "sell" the Convention to others. But, as I sit here a bit weepy, y'all just gave a wonderful gift to planners as you remind us why we work like crazy for the whole year to pull off this incredible PARTY!

:thankyou: for the posts so far. PLEASE post if you're so inclined. Personally, I don't care if you think you're "repeating." You're not! Each post is precious.

:hugs:

Spot

And we appreciate every bit of work that goes into it. All the blood, sweat and tears.

I was not a stranger to the Gerry Juice when I attended my first convention in '07, having been lurking the site and CHATTING with LATE NIGHT chat GALS for about a year. Missing the 1st convention in '06 due to other travel - I was determined to make it to the 2nd. AND BOY was I GLAD i did. Also no stranger to getting on a plan to a place where i didn't even know where I would be sleeping that night, I made plans and was on my way. I did HOWEVER take a friend with me the first year for his birthday - he didn't get the JUICE - soo he didn't join in the "FUN" LOL . It is true what others have said about being nerves the first time, but as soon as your there its like nothing you can imagine.

The first day of registration is the BIGGEST Squeal/Giggle/Hug fest on the earth. you know other people in the lobby are LOOKING at you BUT you DON'T CARE. I was VERY luck that I was taken under wing by 3 WONDERFUL/SWEET/FABULOUS Gals in chat ~ SPOT,JENN & PERRIN~and they where the first people I got to see when I got arrived that year and it just got better. From that Thursday going to dinner and seeing POTO on stage (with a backstage tour) to the Dinners/Dancing to the GALS talent showcase. It was the TIME of my life. As said before - no one questions you, no one judges you and you feel RIGHT at home. The phrase "FANmaily" is SOOO true.

When the dates for the next year where posted I was THERE with BELLS on. My family STILL thinks I'm nutz after 3 years. Oh well you cant win everyone over to the GERRY SIDE LOL ~ so they just go with it.

ON TOP of all the CRAZY fun & good times there is a part of this that warms the heart even more. WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We help, we encourage, empower and inspire. I know just having the great ladies and some of their guys in my life has made me want to be and become a better person. Gerry brought us together but we stay that way cuz of the bonds that we make.

HUGS

cant wait for THIS year

Binkie

Easy.... the Vegas Con is like the movie The Hangover for women! Only there isn't a chicken and no one looses a tooth!

It's a big party where mostly women get together for some "ME" time. Leave the responsibilities and worries behind for a weekend of female bonding and celebrating the life and career of a man we all love; Gerard Butler. It's not just about Gerry. He is the catalyst but it doesn't stop there!

While the party is going on, GALS is making a difference in the world with our charity efforts, and GALS members encourage one another in their individual dreams and goals. Vegas is a magical time of learning more about yourself, getting to know your sister GALS and brother PALS on a personal level, rather than just through on-line connections. Acceptance and love flow as freely as the drinks, and Vegas will give you memories that will last your lifetime.

Swannie

Easy.... the Vegas Con is like the movie The Hangover for women! Only there isn't a chicken and no one looses a tooth!

It's a big party where mostly women get together for some "ME" time. Leave the responsibilities and worries behind for a weekend of female bonding and celebrating the life and career of a man we all love; Gerard Butler. It's not just about Gerry. He is the catalyst but it doesn't stop there!

While the party is going on, GALS is making a difference in the world with our charity efforts, and GALS members encourage one another in their individual dreams and goals. Vegas is a magical time of learning more about yourself, getting to know your sister GALS and brother PALS on a personal level, rather than just through on-line connections. Acceptance and love flow as freely as the drinks, and Vegas will give you memories that will last your lifetime.

Swannie

I love this description, Swannie! Thanks!

Where do I start - Now more than ever I've come to appreciate everything that Gals stands for and the women who are here and have always been here and what better way to be your true self than spend a weekend in Vegas with people who totally understand you.

How many of us have family, friends and colleagues who dont quite get our Gerry fandom - how many of us are told we must be seeking comfort in him because of other deeper underlying issues - when we know we just can't quite explain what it is about Gerry that brought us here but know its the women - and of course all things Gerry that keeps us here.

Then if you are one of these women then I can't recommend highly enough treating yourself. You'll come to Vegas and actually feel normal and realise that you are not some person with a weird unexplainable obsession, you'll never have to mind your Ps & Qs and worry that you're talking about Gerry too much and boring the pants off of people :lmao: You'll realise you are amongst likeminded individuals who totally get you.

Yes it may take guts to come if you are coming on your own and yes you will have to be brave and introduce yourself to people to break the ice but once you do you will have a blast. Yes it can seem intimidating at first because so many are return attendees and have already struck up friendships so it is easy to think you are intruding but that is just not the case - We try and look out for newcomers especially those on their own but we're not always observant so its as much up to you to make your presence known as it is for us to make sure you are made to feel as welcome and included as much as possible.

And best of all its Vegas Baby :funnyup:

Moira

Moira is right about just taking that first step to introduce yourself. You may do it for the first (and maybe only) time at the registration table where suddenly people recognize your screen name from this site (or another one) and the squee-fest begins! It's amazing how quickly a real-life face-to-face friendship forms when you've already gotten to know so much about each other from posting or chatting on line. It's one of the coolest feelings ever - finding kindred spirits with whom you don't have to figure out how to mine common ground - it is already there in the shared love of Gerry Butler.

I really cant say any more than the other GALS have- but just agree that if there was a way to come out of a shell than THIS IS IT!!! I have been in Gals for 4 years (almost) and it is truly amazing how much (other than Gerry) we all have in common. I just missed the 06 Con. So I waited a year and pushed myself saying "I AM GONNA GO!!! My 1st Convention was 07 AND the 1st time I went on a vacation ALONE. I cant tell you how welcoming ALL these women are. The minute--- no.. the second--- you find another GAL- or she finds you.. thats when the hugfest begins and you meet more and more and become such fast friends that.. yes after Vegas you are extremely sad that you have to leave the best friends you have ever had in your life. But....... I have met my best friend here and she has come to visit me and I have visited her as well as meeting together in other places just to have fun. So.. if you are on the fence about coming to Vegas. JUMP off the fence and register. It will be the BEST time you ever had!!!

Annemarie :wave:

I have really enjoyed the stories. Like Holly said; don't worry about repeating things, because each one is special!

OK, how would I sell the Con...I've been thinking about it for days, and I think I figured it out.

Imagine if you will, being a so-so Gerry fan (yeah like that's possible here! LOL); this is what I'd tell you:

So you're not sure about going to Vegas huh? Well, I'll tell ya; it's the best investment you could make in yourself! Imagine...three days of not being "Mom" or "Honey". Keeping whatever hours you want, doing things you never imagined, meeting people from all over the world; all while laughing your arse off!!!

The first year I went, I went with someone I had only met once before and spent about 20 minutes with, at a movie screening. Now, imagine driving to Vegas for five hours. I was vera nervous! What would we talk about? Turns out, everything! By the time we reached Vegas, we felt like we knew each other forever! We ended up sharing a room (which we both were nervous about) and hit it off wonderfully! We have been joined at the hip ever since! I thank God every day for leading me here, and to my sister of the heart (to use Frannie's term)!

Still on the fence? Here let me give you a sisterly push... See ya in Vegas! When you get there I'll give you a boob-squishing hug you'll never forget!!

AND SHE CAN DO IT TOO!! :lol:

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

AND SHE CAN DO IT TOO!! :lol:

Suzie

What can I say...I like to hug! :funnyup:

OK, I am going to bring the goals and visions of the GALS Charitable Foundation into this discussion. Our tag line for the foundation is Envision, Encourage, Empower.

Let's start with ENVISION - and bring up a scene in your mind's eye where you are surrounded by like-minded women (and a few men) who are all about having the best time, being supportive and silly and understanding and just crazy enough to have the most fun ever.

Move on to ENCOURAGE - not only do I and others who have attended encourage those still on the fence to jump right off and take the plunge, but you will find encouragement in any way you may need it once you get to Las Vegas. Do you need someone to encourage you to strut your stuff on the dance floor? No problem. Do you need encouragement to glam yourself up for a special night? We're on it. Do you require encouragement to step out of your shell and make some new friends? Count me in!

Finally we have EMPOWER. Several of the GALS have talked about one of the prior conventions being her first time traveling someplace on her own. It may be the first time on a plane, or the first time going to a city you've never been, or your first time meeting women you only know on line. Maybe you've been afraid, maybe someone has told you that you could never do it, but whatever is holding you back not just from attending the convention but maybe in your life you can find EMPOWERMENT from the other people at the convention. You can find a purpose, you can find a reason to laugh, or to cry, or to confide something to another person you've been keeping locked inside. Las Vegas and the people you meet there will provide you a safe and supportive environment to discover or recover the best of yourself!!

And you might even be able to help encourage and empower someone else - another fan at the convention, or women living at The Shade Tree Shelter - we are all connected and we never know what other lives we may touch along the way.

So, JUST DO IT !!!

I would love to go!! so bad!! but i made plans to go to a Star Trek convention in Vancouver, BC last year and i'm stuck in it, i paid for the plane ticket and convention ticket and all and i had no idea i would be wanting to go to Vegas instead!! I haven't flown since 2000. I don't fit in. i'm not a mom and married!! I"m 35 and single. I've never been married and i don't have kids. i feel a bit odd out with you all!! I can't drink. i have schizoaffective disorder and can't drink due to my meds. I've never dressed up since high school (prom). I live with my parents and pay rent. I have SSI, OK state supplemental income, food stamps, and medicaid. this trip to Vancouver, my parents paid for me to go somewhere because i dont' get out much!! all my friends live far from me so i 'm on my own a lot. i don't go out to clubs and parties at all because i dont' drink and i have baggage when it comes to men at places like that!! I haven't dated in years!!

I wish you all to have fun and i wish to go to Vegas!! Have a great time and tell me about it!! I want to go so bad!! btw my name is Beth. i have had a bad experience with online stuff so i try to keep incognito.

Cheers!!:-)

Wow...it sounds like sooooo much fun...but I live solely on a monthly disability check and I just joined GALS this month and it's already 1/27 ...I could never save enough money to make it by the 31st...so I'm gonna have to start saving to go to next years...I hope I'm able to do it...because , I am a single mum and I have a 33 yr old son who lost his job (bad US economy) and so I have been sending him money every month...whatever I have left over...still doing it...because it's been impossible to find a decent paying job...so far all he's been able to find is a job as a bouncer in a nightclub...his wife left him for his best friend and he has a 12 year old daughter that I worry about too..so as much as I love Gerry and would love to meet others who love him also...my son has to come first...so that will be my goal for 2010 (to be able to save enough money to go next year). It makes me sad, because here, I have no one to share my luv for Gerard Butler...everyone I know is sick of hearing about him...and think I'm being foolish being so fanatic about someone I'll never meet...I've been told that it is silly...that this kind of thing is for teenagers...but not for someone my age...I even hear them under their breath saying I should pop back into the real world and stop going gaga over a moviestar and that I need to seek someone who is attainable...they just totally don't get it...I've been a closet...or secret fan for a few years now, but when I found gbGals on the internet...I haven't felt so alone...I just didn't discover you soon enough to save anything to go to this years...So I'm just praying that nothing happens and there is a next year...hahaha

Laurel

Oh Yah!!! what makes it worse is that I live here in Southern Oregon...13 hours drive...but I don't drive....

is this pitiful or what!

Laurel

I've been to vegas twice and loved every minute of it. I love Gerry don't get me wrong, but it is about so much more than that. Thanks Susan for reposting what GALS is really all about.

To all who have yet to attend Vegas and want to, try to make it happen if you can. I hear ya about the economy and family obligations, it may not be easy to make it work, but it is WELL WORTH IT.