Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry and Jen presenting at GG

becozy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was great on a lot of levels as I have written in another thread here. It is great publicity for their movie, she looked relaxed and not as tense as last year when AJ and BP were dissing her from the audience, Gerry looked like he was having a great time, and they are a stunning couple. What is not to like?

The pictures taken of the two of them joking around were adorable. The pictures of GB by himself were ... the man is sooooo handsome. WOW!

:whome2:

Was anyone else a bit perturbed that Ricky G. introduced Jen and Gerard as 2 of the characters they played instead of their names: "That guy from 300" and something that referred to Jennifer as Rachel from Friends? Everyone else was introduced by name. I didn't like it. :gah:

Was anyone else a bit perturbed that Ricky G. introduced Jen and Gerard as 2 of the characters they played instead of their names: "That guy from 300" and something that referred to Jennifer as Rachel from Friends? Everyone else was introduced by name. I didn't like it. :gah:

Apparently, JA was not happy at all with RG calling her Rachel from Friends. She was 'rumored' to say something to the Producers backstage. I think her demeanor in 'yep it is' spoke for itself!

I fully agree...I thought she was a tad cold and now that you mentioned it I can understand why! First I'm tired of hearing the "The guy from 300" and I'm sure Jennifer is just as tired of hearing Rachael from friends!! I was happy to see the two of them having fun with the cameras and Kibitzing back and forth... I had many issues with the GG's but I always do...I never watch the thing or the AA's....too predictable for my taste! Although I am glad about some of the outcome last night!

Thanks to all that are keeping up with the pics and vids...you guys are awesome!

:wave: Frannie

I didn't watch the GG's but watching the intro on youtube and thought it just fit in with the joke Gervais was trying to make in his off beat sense of humor - writers were inconsequential, actors play so many parts, they are just pretty faces and camelians ever changing, and so on.

I would be surprised if either GB or JA took much offense since they are now icons for generations to come as Leonidas and Rachel. No matter how careers ebb and flow we will always connect them to those roles just like TC in Top Gun, JN in the Shining, CG as Rhett, SW as Ripley, TC as Dr. Frank-n-furter....I still cannot see Tim Curry in any role and not immediately flash back to him in a garter belt....Yikes!

:wave:

And AS brings up his iconic role in every movie and even as the 'Governator' when he says, "I'll be back."

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

I like Ricky Gervais and I would expect JA to be perturbed by something, but not Gerry. You could call him anything and as long as you just called him, he'd be fine with it and I hope he never changes. He's too easy going for to get upset by trivialities and not that touchy. However, I was a bit uncomfortable when RG made a comment to Paul McCartney "spending" a lot of money in reference to his nasty divorce and some in the audience let out a little "gasp", too. I gringed a bit knowing that Sir Paul IS touchy about that subject. Being a Knight of the Queen's realm, he could order "off with his 'ead"!

Delene

:wave:

I agree completely, it was rude and classless as R. Gervais was through the entire evening. I just can't believe no one better could be found to host. IMO that man has no business in any facet of the entertainment profession.

Regardless of whether it bothered Gerry and Jennifer, it bothered the crap out of me. I saw it as a sign of disrespect for them as individuals away from characters that, yes put them on the map, but that they no longer portray. Continuing the Ahhhnuld example, he's not called the Governator out of affection.

No one else was introduced like that, and it just made me feel that there is still a lack of respect for Gerry in Hollywood. JMHO.

I must admit that I thought Mr. Gervais, did a good job over all hosting the show, but I didn`t appreciate him referring to Gerry or Ms. Aniston by characters they havent played in years, and yet are still constantly and consistantly associated with. He could have taken two seconds out of his busy hosting time to say their names properly, instead of "Rachel from Friends and that bloke from 300". I did notice that Ms. Aniston looked slightly more irrated by this than Gerry did, or maybe Gerry is just better at hiding his irritation of it than she was....but honestly, can you blame the woman? I know I can`t....Friends went off the air almost 6 years ago, and yet they still name tag her constantly with that show, when they don`t for any other of the 5 former costars of Friends.

Edited by AngelofMusic

I'm still irritated by Gervais.I thought it was highly disrespectful with so many power players in the room.To tell the truth I was livid and felt bad for Gerry.I wasn't focused on JA at all i just heard" the bloke from 300" after i took a minute to digest i had to rewind it a few times.Not funny at all!

I'm still irritated by Gervais.I thought it was highly disrespectful with so many power players in the room.To tell the truth I was livid and felt bad for Gerry.I wasn't focused on JA at all i just heard" the bloke from 300" after i took a minute to digest i had to rewind it a few times.Not funny at all!

Exactly. How is he supposed to earn the respect of his peers and TPTB in Hollywood if someone like Ricky Gervais can't even show respect. Then again, he also was shitty to Mel Gibson. I have a feeling he won't be hosting next year.

You may say "with his movies and acting, etc." but let's be real ... respect in Hollywood is much like respect in politics. It's not easily earned by hard work; much of it is by kissing the right arse, greasing the right palm and knowing the right people.

I'm becoming very cynical about "show business", and I only want Gerry to be taken more seriously and get to show what he's really made of. They ain't seen nothin' yet ... Gerry needs the chance to blow them away. :)

IT was a joke. That's all. McCartney got ribbed about his divorce and took it in good grace. Mel got ribbed about his drinking problem and took it in good grace. Gerry and Jen got ribbed about their iconic roles (at least they've got one) and took it in good grace. NOBODY here or anyplace else knows if Gerry or Jen were annoyed about it. I doubt it since both are probably well acquainted with Gervais' sense of humor. He picked on Steve Carrel, too, since Ricky created "The Office" and wrote most of it in the UK. If you're going to survive in Hollywood you need tenacity, talent and a sense of humor.

jane

The best way to earn respect in any setting, is to not take yourself too seriously. If you're thinned skinned and get upset at anything and everything that people say about you, you wont' survive. When it's one of your peers and they're saying it all in front of the world, it's a joke made with affection and it shows you've made it finally, you're one of them, one of the club. It's for entertainment purposes. It's malicious when it's said in an interview or quoted. There's a difference.

RG didn't need to put anyone up on any pedestal to show respect. He's a comedian. It's what he does. If anyone got their nose out of joint over anything he said in fun, then they need to lighten up and get their pompous arse over it! People are dying in Haiti, for God's sake! It aint that important!

I haven't heard of any repercusions to Gervais' hosting abilities one way or the other. I'm sure Gerry was watching for his "cue" to go out on stage and probably wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to what was being said about him. He'd lay it on just as heavy about RG if he had the chance!

You have to remember that many of the celebrities at these festivities know one another, some are good friends, some are close and some are only acquaintences. As much as RG is disliked and scorned here, would you know for a fact that he might not be a good friend of Gerry's?

For your information regarding Jen and Ger, she went home after the Globes and he stayed and flirted with the Avatar girl. So there. :funnyface:

Delene

I didn't see the part where Jen and Gerry were introduced. I had a 5 week obligation to Masterpiece Theater and I was NOT going to miss the last episode, plus my hubby hates award shows. I watched the preshow where I saw Gerry on the red carpet. Then I turned to PBS and watched my show then I turned back and Hubby helped me scope out Gerry every time in the audience when they showed him and I was smiling away. He looked dashing. I can't see Gerry getting ticked over a jokingly done introduction, because he likes to BS himself a bit I think.

My anger :tantrum: is in that no nominations went out for Gamer, LAC, or TUT. Especially that Gerry himself received no awards. He has long since deserved an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a People's Choice award.

I don't know if the individual academies are snubbing him or if they are all just a bunch of idiots.

O.K. enough of my rant.

If Ricky Gervais writes for The Office then that explains his particular sort of humor.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

The best way to earn respect in any setting, is to not take yourself too seriously. If you're thinned skinned and get upset at anything and everything that people say about you, you wont' survive. When it's one of your peers and they're saying it all in front of the world, it's a joke made with affection and it shows you've made it finally, you're one of them, one of the club. It's for entertainment purposes. It's malicious when it's said in an interview or quoted. There's a difference.

RG didn't need to put anyone up on any pedestal to show respect. He's a comedian. It's what he does. If anyone got their nose out of joint over anything he said in fun, then they need to lighten up and get their pompous arse over it! People are dying in Haiti, for God's sake! It aint that important!

I haven't heard of any repercusions to Gervais' hosting abilities one way or the other. I'm sure Gerry was watching for his "cue" to go out on stage and probably wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to what was being said about him. He'd lay it on just as heavy about RG if he had the chance!

You have to remember that many of the celebrities at these festivities know one another, some are good friends, some are close and some are only acquaintences. As much as RG is disliked and scorned here, would you know for a fact that he might not be a good friend of Gerry's?

For your information regarding Jen and Ger, she went home after the Globes and he stayed and flirted with the Avatar girl. So there. :funnyface:

Delene

I guess that's why I'm not in show business. :lmao:

The Avatar girl! LOL Zoe Saldana, yeah, and why not? She's friggin' gorgeous!

Delene

I guess that's why I'm not in show business. :lmao:

The Avatar girl! LOL Zoe Saldana, yeah, and why not? She's friggin' gorgeous!

I wouldn't last in show biz either. I tend to stupidly wear my heart on my sleeve. I would either cry all the time or cuss people out all the time.

Being tender hearted is a curse. I wish I had skin of steel.