Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry and Jen presenting at GG

becozy

Yes, Gerry IS a media trainers's dream. Having done media training for corporate executives I totally agree. In fact, his amazing finesse in interviews was the second thing that struck me about G, after being first stunned by his commitment to his craft.

...and his smokin' hot arse!

J/K

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Gerry IS a media trainers's dream. Having done media training for corporate executives I totally agree. In fact, his amazing finesse in interviews was the second thing that struck me about G, after being first stunned by his commitment to his craft.

...and his smokin' hot arse!

Well, yes, there's that too!

J/K

I thought Ricky Gervais was hilarious and he said before nobody would escape his acid wit and he was right. Regardless of what we think re Gerry and Jen they got off lightly compared to the likes of Paul McCartney and Mel Gibson. As for the so called Jen/Gerry pairing again :lalala: she was nowhere to be seen after the awards and if she was she was not with Gerry - he went to the InStyle/WB party with Courtney/David Arquette, Alan, David Meister and Ryan Kavanagh and left with Alan, David, Ryan and a blond older woman.

Moira

Actually Jennifer Aniston has branched out in smaller independent movies she’s done some good work in those films but no one goes to see them. Friends with Money, Management, and the Good Girl were all rather edgy. The Break Up with Vince Vaughn was a comedy but not at all a RomCom. Derailed alas was not a box office success. Her biggest success lately was in Marley and Me, that definitely was not a romantic comedy.

As to whether Jennifer and Gerry were upset with Ricky Gervais, who knows? Under the circumstances there could be a lot of reasons Gerry and JA were uptight at first, you know the whole presenting on live TV thing before a huge TV audience. Apparently Mel Gibson was told by Ricky himself he was going to make a joke about his drinking and Mel was fine with that and thought it was funny.

Ricky G. IS funny. What's not funny? The Daily 10 dragging out the Barbados picture again last night to make jokes. That's disrespectful (to me) because there was no reason for it. Fortunately, TV Guide Channel gave Gerry thumbs up as the Best Dressed Man at the GG by several of their fashion police commentators. So I don't fret about a comedian taking shots. But 'impartial' (yeah, right) entertainment shows that will continue to mock him for years to come get on my nerves. And the ONLY one who can comment on Gerry's state of mind at any given moment or in any situation is Gerry. Until he says 'Ricky ticked me off' I'm not going to fret.

jane

Actually Jennifer Aniston has branched out in smaller independent movies she’s done some good work in those films but no one goes to see them. Friends with Money, Management, and the Good Girl were all rather edgy. The Break Up with Vince Vaughn was a comedy but not at all a RomCom. Derailed alas was not a box office success. Her biggest success lately was in Marley and Me, that definitely was not a romantic comedy.

Unfortunately for me, movies like The Breakup and Marley and Me wreak chick flick, and I don't like chick flicks, so I will never see them. I just looked up Friends with money and Management...again, chick flicks and movies I will never see. I would like to see much edgier roles for her. As I said, Derailed for me was a wonderful role for her. She played it very well, and it instilled in me she had range as an actress. I was completely thrown for a loop when I realized "who" she was in that film. IMO, most of her work is drivel and for a specific audience, and that audience isn't me. Not comparing her to Angelina, but Angie's wide variety of roles is what I would think Jen would consider after all these years on the screen. Look at Gerard's wide range as of today, and he hasn't been around as long as she has.

I thought Gervais was a riot. If anyone in that room took him that seriously, they probably need to take a long look in the mirror, and STOP taking themselves so seriously. Remember, MANY of the people, although we may hear how "sweet" or "wonderful" they are, are that way amongst their own kind (other celebs). Once in public or around us regular folk, the primadonnas claws come out. I have friends here in LA who deal with clebes on a regular basis, and what I hear a lot is the, "Don't you know who I am" crap! THAT statement just puts me off, and no matter how talented you are, (or think you are), saying something like that makes you look like a jackass.

Anyway, I know my 2 cents and $12.00 don't make a hill of beans difference to her life. Just think it would be nice to see her grow, and branch out to real edgier work.

Edited by Jennifer10

Just have to put in my two cents too..

I thought Gerry looked so great at the award show.. not sure if it was the scruff or the tux or just him but he looked incredible.

I loved how he handled the interviews referring to the pics taken in Barbados.. to me that was just one of the reasons I think he's awesome.. Great sense of himself and he's so grounded! Love that.

As far as the speculation with he and JA I really don't care.. haha..

Yes, Gerry IS a media trainers's dream. Having done media training for corporate executives I totally agree. In fact, his amazing finesse in interviews was the second thing that struck me about G. after being first stunned by his commitment to his craft.

You know I think his finesse and coolness in interviews has always been an innate skill of Gerry's. I believe his media training came in to teach him what he can and cannot say within the boundaries of descency! He used to pretty much speak his mind and you never knew if he was kidding or what was going to come out of his mouth, even about other people. But the way he handles himself in an interview, particularly when he's cornered, is a skill he seems to already have mastered before, the media training may just have helped him keep it PG. :funnyup:

I thought Marley and Me was such a good movie. It was soooo funny throughout and then I just laughed, smiled and wept for the last half hour. Sort of like PS I Love You - emothional on all levels.

:wuv:

I'm afraid to see this, as desperatedly entertaining as it looks and I love dogs, I sense the dog dies in the end. :tissues:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Gerry seems to be good at reading people and I like how his reponses to interviewers are not rote. He doesn't have "one-size-fits-all" patter. He'll be serious...or giddy...or a big flirt...all for the same film. It makes those youtube clips so neat to watch. :) !

He handles himself with such a unique style. He's an actor, a professional, a business man...but also very human. Those down-to-earth qualities really set him apart. I think talk show hosts must love when he's booked. He's the ideal guest. Charming, has extremely clever and quick wit--and is a bit unpredictable. I always come away thinking that I would love to sit at a kitchen table with him and just let him talk & tell stories.

PS: "Marley and Me" was a sweet film...and I did cry. Tender stories often move me to tears (which I usually try to hide in public) which is why I avoided PSILY for so long.

Sharon

I absolutely did not like Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes. Every time he entered the stage, I thought " There he goes again" and curb my immediate instinct to switch to the backstage UStream transmission.

The jokes were lame and flat, so much that I trully believed at the true size of his p**** and eyed pitifully to the promotion of his DVDs.

He probably should have switch the beer he was drinking at a live TV show for a double straight scotch. Only completely blasted would he be funny in that show :D

I think the writers are the ones who got insulted at the way Gervais presented their award. Do you remember at Gerry's immediate phrase when he entered the stage?

Hugs

Maria

I thought Ricky Gervais was hilarious and he said before nobody would escape his acid wit and he was right. Regardless of what we think re Gerry and Jen they got off lightly compared to the likes of Paul McCartney and Mel Gibson. As for the so called Jen/Gerry pairing again :lalala: she was nowhere to be seen after the awards and if she was she was not with Gerry - he went to the InStyle/WB party with Courtney/David Arquette, Alan, David Meister and Ryan Kavanagh and left with Alan, David, Ryan and a blond older woman.

Moira

True, RG's joking on Mel was tougher than his introduction of Gerry and JA by their most recognizable roles, but I think there's a big difference there. The joke about Mel was regarding mistakes that he had made that he would expect would be brought up. (And I'm sure he prefers them to be brought up in a joking context rather than in any other way.) What RG did with Gerry and JA ended up being perceived by some as a jab at the fact that they weren't necessarily recognized or respected in the business other than for a single role. It's NOT something an actor would necessarily expect, because it's not based on a mistake or misjudgment on their part. And to me, it wasn't funny. Personally, I was rolling from the Mel jokes. :)

Steph

I also agree that the mention of The Bounty would have been a good thing...AND..."That bloke from 300" now has his own production company! It's fine that some of you think he was funny... we are all individuals which is what makes the world go round so nothing wrong with that...As for AJ...the media has been taking a few shots at her when it comes to the adoption issues but never when it comes to her acting abilities or for that matter...her sometimes very strange past! Sorry folks...I'd see a Jen movie anyday over an Angie movie! Be it a chick flick or not...um...which BTW...I am a CHICK!! :p Anyway, to each their own ...and as Lisa said whether Gerry was pessed at all we don't really know ...I just know I felt bad for the both of them! S'all I'm saying on the subject! Thanks for listening and it's good that we can have a good banter going and still stay Galfriends!...You all still LUV me don't ya?? :unsure:

:kiss: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Yeah, but he can also be crass, grouchy and completely immodest! He's a true dichotomy...

And that's also why we love him so much! :lol: Believe me, I took Gerry off his pedestal a LONG time ago. I wouldn't want him ANY other way other than the dichotomy that he is.

Joanie makes a good point about Alan Alda and at least being remembered. However, Jennifer isn't an Alan Alda and I think she still has a ways to go to prove herself.

Yeah, but he can also be crass, grouchy and completely immodest! He's a true dichotomy...

Like in the NBC interview on the red carpet you mean? :-)

BTW, has JA ever won a Golden Globe? I was so looking forward to "Please welcome the stars of TBH, Golden Globe winner Jennifer Aniston and GerAAAArd Butler" ! :-)

Theresa

Like in the NBC interview on the red carpet you mean? :-)

BTW, has JA ever won a Golden Globe? I was so looking forward to "Please welcome the stars of TBH, Golden Globe winner Jennifer Aniston and GerAAAArd Butler" ! :-)

Theresa

Oooohhh. I have to say, "that bloke from 300" might have been better than "GerAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArd." LOL That just makes my skin crawl. :lol:

Steph

YEAH! and Ricky may have actually said it correctly seeing as he's british. DAGNABIT!!! :tantrum:

I can't remember where, but I heard Gerry introduce himself as GerARD Butler, the same way Americans pronounce his name. Has he given up on the correct pronounciation?

Normal single people have a natural tendency to flirt. In my opinion, Gerry is a normal, friendly Scottish man, who enjoys a harmless flirtation, loves to have a good time and knows that humor helps break up tension in every situation. My kind of man... :)

Stefania

:whome2:

I've really enjoyed all the entertainment shows for the last couple of days....they're repetitious I know, but most of them so good for Gerard. I think my favorite is the CNN Showbiz Tonight segment....it was long and sorta/kinda featuring Ms. Aniston, however, they went on and on about Gerard......one of the commentators said she had interviewed him, then went on to say something like ..."he is ONE GORGEOUS HUNK OF MAN I'll tell you that" ...and "he is the the hottest man out there right now". Very nice to hear nothing but good stuff.......for a change!!!

I don't know if their is video of this.....but it's worth watching!! Donna

Normal single people have a natural tendency to flirt. In my opinion, Gerry is a normal, friendly Scottish man, who enjoys a harmless flirtation, loves to have a good time and knows that humor helps break up tension in every situation. My kind of man... :)

Stefania

:whome2:

Unsingle people can flirt too. There's nothing wrong with it. And I agree that humour can in many situations diffuse a tense situation, but not always. Sometimes it can cause it in those who do not see the "humour" and perhaps escalate it in others.

I believe I have a good sense of humour but there are some topics that making a joke about it, becomes tasteless and rubs me the wrong way but we are all different in that regard.

Delene