Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler intimate presentation!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just seemed a little nervous at the beginning. It's a little bit harder/scarier when you don't have a script, but I thought he actually did quite well.

My take aways:

1. Gerry was offered Sherlock Holmes?

2. Gerry speaks penguin. So it turns out he's bilingual after all.

Thanks for sharing!

:phantom:

Thank you so much for finding this, Smith!

I love it 'cause it's just Gerry 'unscripted'. He's got such a cute, quircky sense of humor. Just another reason to be so smitten with him. I like it when he's this way...just Gerry. :wuv:

Robin Iris

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnmEKMjOBE

Enjoy it!

Stefania

That was wonderful. I love to see Gerry just being himself. And he handled himself well. You could tell he took this invitation seriously and wanted to show genuine admiration and support for that production company. And, it's nice to know that someone who trained as a lawyer and is a professional actor still can be intimidated by public speaking. Gerry is so human. As he became more relaxed, his language became a little rougher (tho' he didn't drop as many f-bombs as he might in private conversation.) He seems so sincere. I love it!!!!!

I LOVED this. I always knew that GB was one hell of a conversationalist, especially off the cuff. Loved his riff on the penguin dialogue! I'll bet he would be show-stopping hilarious doing a comedy routine just on some of the mundane stuff in his life (witness the comments about his "career" as a lawyer).

This one rates at least :spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:

I stumbled across this on youtube 5 mins ago.. Look at how nervous poor Gerry is..!:p Reminds me of a little boy having a presentation at school or something.. Aww he`s the best<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlXc9tCYVnI

What a wonderful video! Thank you so much for sharing this. Didn't know that Gerry was offered Sherlock Holmes or that he spoke Penguish!! :penguin:

Cheers,

Vicki

That was AWESOME! What a wonderful treasure to find. Gerry is so funny when he's nervous. This must have been a meeting for distribution funds or something, and what a testament for Gerry to be asked to speak on their behalf.

Oh how I wish he had done Sherlock Holmes. While RDJ was fabulous, the entire time I watched it I thought "Gerry could have done this!" I suppose Guy thought the same thing. :D

Speaking penguin ... That was adorable. So his top two favorite movies of all time: Apocalypse Now and March of the Penguins. Nah, this guy's not a dichotomy. :rotflmao:

I love to listen to him speak. He mixes intelligence and humor and makes people feel comfortable. Imagine sitting with him for hours and having a good conversation. That would be the best conversation of my life.

Thank you both so much for this video. What a great way to wake up.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I am so glad I got to see this video!! Charming, entertaining and humorous as always........certainly never boring! He did a great job. When was this filmed? I wonder which part in Sherlock Holmes, was offered to Gerry? Perhaps Watson, which was played by Jude Law? (I LOVED that movie!)

I also wonder how The Film Department is doing (good, I hope), and if they have gone public on the Nasdaq, yet??

Maybe I will wander over to their website, to take a look.

Good luck to them!

:cheer2:

Edited by Emily Bronte

I suspect Gerry was offered Watson, the Jude Law role. Downey was always intended for Sherlock, his wife was one of the producers. But I wish he could have done it! I bet LAC was the reason why, both movies ended up shooting around the same time, so logistically it would have been impossible.

This is very funny, Gerry is terrific at this sort of thing. I go to meetings like this from time to time and they are real snooze fests. Everyone drinks a lot of coffee to stay awake. But if Gerry showed up at one of those meetings everyone would wake up real fast! Gerry is better then a power point presentation any day of the week!

This was likely filmed this last Tuesday, I heard though the Grapevine Gerry was at Sky Harbor Airport on that day.

Edited by Rubee815

I suspect Gerry was offered Watson, the Jude Law role. Downey was always intended for Sherlock, his wife was one of the producers. But I wish he could have done it! I bet LAC was the reason why, both movies ended up shooting around the same time, so logistically it would have been impossible.

This is very funny, Gerry is terrific at this sort of thing. I go to meetings like this from time to time and they are real snooze fests. Everyone drinks a lot of coffee to stay awake. But if Gerry showed up at one of those meetings everyone would wake up real fast! Gerry is better then a power point presentation any day of the week!

Ahhh - well honestly, he could have done that role as well, but Jude Law was fantastic. It would have been fun to see Gerry be more subdued as Watson. Interesting ... I hope he really doesn't regret his decision. It would have been a shame if LAC didn't get made.

It was so cute to listen!!! I would not say he was really nervous, it was just visible that he really meant what he said. :wave::wave::wave:

As to Sherlock Holmes - it was quite widely discussed even here then, I think. It was about him possibly playing Dr. Watson, of course. He would be fabulous in it, I am sure, but he is so much taller than RDJ (who was really excellent in this role!!!), that it might have looked even funny, I think. I am sure that his acting would have been great!!!

BTW, Susan Downey was also a producer of RocknRolla, so she knew for sure what treasure they did not use this time!!! :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Edited by Donnie

Funny thing is I heard Guy Richie make a comment about not being able to get his first choice for Sherlock Holmes and the second he said that I thought about Gerry but it wasn't clear which part he was talking about. I thought RDJ was fantastic in the role and Jude Law as Watson, however, I could picture Gerry in either one and wished during the entire movie, as I often do, that Gerry was playing the part. Every time I see that trailer with Russell Crowe in the upcoming Robin Hood movie I think about that would have been a great one for Gerry. Personally, I think it was the Watson role and Gerry would have played great along side of RDJ but he would have been great as Sherlock too.

You know, it had even crossed my mind that maybe it was the role of Lord Blackwood! I think Gerry would have even made a great villian too and a pretty sexy one!

He did a great penquin! Wonder what he said?

Thanks for that video! Nice way to start my day!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Youre welcome everybody!=)

Its so wonderful to see him as himself.. 100 % Gerry, I like it!

I would give soo much to sit on the front row, think about it.. Just looking in these beautiful eyes and make eye contact with him as he speaks penguin xD

It would be really cool with him as Robin Hood, but I think him as James Bond would be even better..

He would be the perfect Bond:D

I did some research on "Penguinese", and am now able to translate Gerry's comment. He said and I quote "Jennifer Aniston is a friend, but we are not dating. However, if that ever changes, you will be the last to know!"

So happy to have been able to put an end to the mystery of Gerry's Penguin comment. :escape:

Suzie

He just seemed to fill that room. Loved seeing him so so.... normal. Less "celebrity" and more natural. Nervous of course, and adorable as such. Penguinspeak being a prime example. He cracks himself up lol. THIS is the Gerry that I enjoy seeing. Hollywood polish doesnt interest me. It's nice to see that when out of the bright limelight he is still real, and still him.

I may be alone but I for one am glad he didnt do Sherlock. I could see him in that role but RDJ was fantastic. As was Jude Law. And they had awesome chemistry. I love that movie as is and I wouldnt want to change it. Plus I believe things happen for a reason. He turned it down and I bet it was the right thing and as stated it probably clashed with LAC, which he is rightly very proud of. I can't help thinking how we aren't always given what we want, but are usually given what we need (whether we understand or not). Although it was only strongly hinted Gerry really wanted Poseidon but didnt get it and cuz he didnt he then got 300. Makes ya think doesnt it?

ETA: :lmao: at Suzie :funnyup:

Edited by MareksLadyD

Hilarious Suzie! :rotflmao:

re: Sherlock Holmes. A couple of years ago, I read a book called "Arthur and George" about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's involvement in a murder trial. Anyway, the entire time I was reading it, I was picturing G as Arthur. I suppose it would seem one has nothing to do with the other :lol: just the way my mind works.

Awww, this was just what I needed this morning. I love watching Gerry just speak from his heart. He so amazingly is able to give you background of his life, humor, and glimpses of his soul, all while keeping on topic to what he's speaking to. I was basically worshipping him every second of this video; what a great way to wake up!

I really think he's a fabulous public speaker (another thing I was thinking while watching this). I know I wouldn't be able to just get in front of an audience and simply speak. It just doesn't come out comprehensible! Even when I know exactly what I want to say, it never works. I'm in awe of Gerry. :wuv:

And of course... penguin. :D

Steph

I'm sure Gerry would have done a fabulous job in Sherlock Holmes, no matter what role he played! He's so great at playing character roles, and there's narry a character more epic than Sherlock Holmes. If there was a way he could have done that AND LAC, that would have been wonderful, but I'm sure he had pretty important reasons for turning it down. Still, it's fun to imagine what might have been! ;)

Steph