Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
touchmetrustme

1/24/10 RED HOT RABBIE

From California Chronicle: http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/140384145,

DARING Gerard Butler will bare all in a sensational film about Robert Burns.The film's director, Vadim Jean, admitted 40-year-old Butler is set to thrill fans because the film will explore our bard's raunchy reputation.

"Gerard and I are both totally committed to the film," said Jean.

"There's plenty of sex and nude scenes in it.

"He was a notorious rake of his time. We are not whitewashing Burns by any means.

"He was a complicated character and to do justice to his story is not a simple thing." Fellow Scots Brian Cox and John Hannah are lined up to appear, although a female lead has yet to be cast as Jean Armour, the poet's great love.

The pounds 5million movie will be shot on location in Ayrshire and Edinburgh.

Most of the budget, which includes investment from Scottish Screen, is already in place. The remainder will be raised by signing up 250 "subscribers".

Vadim Jean sprang to fame as the director of cult classic Leon the Pig Farmer and went on to work with Ewan McGregor in the 2006 film, Scenes of a Sexual Nature.

Every once in a while they throw us a bone about Burns. It sounds racier for sure and probably will attract more viewers. I just want to know when the film start date is set in stone.

:wuv:

I cannae wait for this! Plus he'll be filming back home :) I could set up camp xx

this will be a great film when it finally comes together, but its been an ongoing project since about 2002 and gerrys had plenty to do since then with other projects. about his nudity, he has bared all in 4 films already so thats nothing new, and i like him partially dressed so you can use your imaginationl, and the intrigue, so i find that so much sexier than having it on a plate entirely.

I'd like to volunteer for the lead female role. :naughty:

What? A gal can dream, right? :D

I do hope that this movie does actually happen. Nudity aside, I'm sure it'll be a great film.

Bestill my heart... there are no words. :wuv:

I can't wait for this, and I'm so excited to hear definitively that they're committed to it. Robert Burns was such a beautiful poet. His story must be told!

Steph

A very good news!!! As littleirish stated earlier, I also love the fact that he doesn´t have to use any fake accent, but his deep, lovely scottish accent :wuv: :wuv: :wuv:

And by the time they will start shooting it, I will work in the UK and will be closer to him. Maybe, it will be my BIG chance to meet him :hmm: ......that would be a dream come true.... :ohbaby:

I've read many articles and seen interviews where Gerry has expressed his sincere desire to be a part of this project, so I hope this is accurate.

If the script is as true to life as the article states about certain aspects of Burns' life well then I um, yeah. That's all I can really say. Here. :thud:

Bex

:woohoo: He's been working so hard on this film. Good for him.

Gerry filming in SCOTLAND with that SCOTTISH burr and being BURNS.

Does it get any better?

And the nude scenes are a plus too :kisswink:

I just hope Gerry gets this made in whatever and however way he wants. I'll jump up and down when it's a done deal and there's a production date, etc. I still pray that this happens for Gerry. I know how much this project means to him and how long he's wanted to do it. But this is another positive step forward. :)

Vadim Jean directed Gerry in "One More Kiss". I don't know who is casting "Burns" but I hope they hire someone to play Jean Armour who is at least attractive! (I didn't say anything rude about Valerie Edmond from OMK, did I????) *snort*

Suzie

I've read many articles and seen interviews where Gerry has expressed his sincere desire to be a part of this project, so I hope this is accurate.

If the script is as true to life as the article states about certain aspects of Burns' life well then I um, yeah. That's all I can really say. Here. :thud:

Bex

It's accurate Bex, at least it was at the time it was originally printed. This is an old news item probably dusted off because of Burns Night.

It's accurate Bex, at least it was at the time it was originally printed. This is an old news item probably dusted off because of Burns Night.

That's what I was afraid of. We'll just have to keep hoping and praying this gets done soon.

That's what I was afraid of. We'll just have to keep hoping and praying this gets done soon.

I had my suspicions about this being new, too, so I've moved the topic to "Rumors" until we recieve more concrete evidence that this is a new "News" item.

I think this article will bring mixed reactions, interesting to hear your views:

RED HOT RABBIE ; Butler's in the buff as bad-boy Burns in sizzling new movie

By TOBY McDONALD

DARING Gerard Butler will bare all in a sensational film about Robert Burns.The film's director, Vadim Jean, admitted 40-year-old Butler is set to thrill fans because the film will explore our bard's raunchy reputation.

"Gerard and I are both totally committed to the film," said Jean.

"There's plenty of sex and nude scenes in it.

"He was a notorious rake of his time. We are not whitewashing Burns by any means.

"He was a complicated character and to do justice to his story is not a simple thing." Fellow Scots Brian Cox and John Hannah are lined up to appear, although a female lead has yet to be cast as Jean Armour, the poet's great love.

The pounds 5million movie will be shot on location in Ayrshire and Edinburgh.

Most of the budget, which includes investment from Scottish Screen, is already in place. The remainder will be raised by signing up 250 "subscribers".

Vadim Jean sprang to fame as the director of cult classic Leon the Pig Farmer and went on to work with Ewan McGregor in the 2006 film, Scenes of a Sexual Nature.

Butler's next film to be is The Bounty Hunter, where he stars opposite Aniston.

He is due to begin filming Coriolanus, with Fiennes, this spring in SUNDAY EMAIL sundaymail.co.uk

© 2010 Sunday Mail; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/140384145