Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

1/24 - Gerry at Artists for Peace & Justice Brunch

Gerry was in attendance at the Brunch held at the home of Paul and Debbie Haggis in Santa Monica California on Sunday, Jan 24. The Artists for Peace & Justice Brunch was for the aid of Haiti relief.

Photos in Gallery.

more reading: here

and for further reading check out the new link here

which states:

In addition to the $5000 minimum donation, guests contributed not only dollars towards the current relief effort, but also pledged to support Haiti in the long-term. Penelope Cruz gave $50,000 per year for five years toward building schools. Javier Bardem pledged $10,000 per year over 10 years and AnnaLynne McCord matched the donation. As host Haggis shared his accounts of his past week in the disaster zone and talked about APJ's commitment to building a sustainable future for Haiti, many were moved to support Haiti well beyond the current crisis. Gerard Butler, Simon Barker and his wife, Rebecca Rigg, Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were just a few of the attendees who each pledged to give $50,000 per year for five years toward building the future of Haiti.

Oh I hope we get bigger pics! He looks great, and I'm so glad he's continuing with his support.

Thanks, Barb!

Could he be anymore gorgeous and giving at the same time?

Thank you for posting Barb.

And at $5000 a head they're making a good buck for Haiti.

Edited by BaileyS

There are two more events next week that Gerry could possibly attend (he's not named, but he could still attend):

http://www.artistsforpeaceandjustice.com/events.html

And if you look at the bottom, Gerry is pictured with the other celebs who donated their outfits from the GGs for Haiti relief.

:) He has a big heart ... :wuv:

I wasn't able to find the article ....I think they are changing as new events are coming up!

:wave: Frannie

I wasn't able to find the article ....I think they are changing as new events are coming up!

Frannie, it's in Barb's first post. Click where she wrote "more reading here".

Frannie, it's in Barb's first post. Click where she wrote "more reading here".

No it's not there anymore Hun! It's okay....I see the pics to the left! :kisswink:

Stars Support Artists for Peace and Justice, Making Long-Term Commitment to the Future of Haiti

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Release...ti/5269535.html

In addition to the $5000 minimum donation, guests contributed not only dollars towards the current relief effort, but also pledged to support Haiti in the long-term. Penelope Cruz gave $50,000 per year for five years toward building schools. Javier Bardem pledged $10,000 per year over 10 years and AnnaLynne McCord matched the donation. As host Haggis shared his accounts of his past week in the disaster zone and talked about APJ's commitment to building a sustainable future for Haiti, many were moved to support Haiti well beyond the current crisis. Gerard Butler, Simon Barker and his wife, Rebecca Rigg, Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were just a few of the attendees who each pledged to give $50,000 per year for five years toward building the future of Haiti.

Stars Support Artists for Peace and Justice, Making Long-Term Commitment to the Future of Haiti

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Release...ti/5269535.html

:wuv::wuv::wuv::wuv:

I'm so proud of Gerry right now. He's really stepping up above and beyond.

Delene

You know sometimes there really isn't a better word...........Awesome.

What a great thing they're doing. This is definitely a situation that will not be over quickly. It's just heart-breaking.

You know sometimes there really isn't a better word...........Awesome.

What a great thing they're doing. This is definitely a situation that will not be over quickly. It's just heart-breaking.

There isn't a good enough word at all.

I'm watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and even though they're helping people here, they still did a PSA for the Haiti relief.

I love it when the world comes together. And just think ... the Olympics are in two weeks!!!

The link is still in my post but it's here: Artists for Peace & Justice (underlined words are links in our News & Update items...and most things I post!)

and for further reading check out the new link here

which states:

Wow!!

It truly is awesome what they are all doing. It is the aftermath that counts the most now and its so great to see so many stepping up to the plate. :yay:

Moira

Gerry has really taken this cause to heart...his generosity comes from his heart. I'm so proud of him. This money will be needed for a very long time.

:yay::wuv:

Gerry has really taken this cause to heart...his generosity comes from his heart. I'm so proud of him. This money will be needed for a very long time.

:yay::wuv:

Gerry is a wonderful example of charity and kindness. I appreciate hearing about his service to others--it inspires me to do more. Thanks Gerry!

Edited by beacon1

Kudos to Gerry and all the other celebs who are donating to the Haitian relief effort.

:hearts:

I am so proud of all their wonderful generosity, and especially of our Gerry. God bless him for always being at the helm with his wallet open. His heart is huge.

He is storing up treasures in heaven where wind and rain cannot destroy and where theives cannot break in and steal. - The Holy Bible

The generosity, kindness, and sweet spirit of this man never ceases to amaze me.

Gerry, you are so very special... don't ever let anyone tell you that you aren't!

Kira :wuv:

I honestly cried when I read this. It's absolutely a beautiful thing. It really gives me hope for humanity. Sadly, there's not enough compassion in the world, but this...it just warms my heart. Not just with Gerry, although the contributions he's done alone are just beyond words of gratitude, but for everyone involved and everyone just trying to do their bit.

I myself am involved in a few charities and they're all pitching in so I've given to each one probably much more than I can afford, really. But it doesn't matter. Truth be told, my mom isn't very happy with me doing so much, but I don't think she realizes how much we even as pensioners have a LOT we can be grateful for. I see it as they need it a lot more than I do. I have a roof over my head, I have clothes, food, etc. I can live without luxuries if it means to rebuild someone's life.

Sorry, off-topic. I get gushy about stuff like this. It's just amazing, I really have no words to express the awe of it all. It's beautiful and I'm still crying.

Just one of the countless reasons that I absolutely adore this man with my whole heart :wuv:

Edited by redroseblackribbon

What a wonderful generous man Gerry Butler is. I pray that the poor Island will get some honest people to run it. The beautiful generosty of all those stars deserves to have those people of Haiti taken care of by honest governing persons. My prayer is All the marvelous people who are doing this for Haiti hopefully will watch over them and protect them.

Donnajean31

Whenever something like this happens, I'm always concerned about the oportunistic, parasites of the world ready to take advantage of the situation and get there hands on some of the money. I realize that money is the thing they need the most but it's also why I like to give stuff that's needed, like clothing, food. I'm sure they'll be needing all of this too and will be asking for it at some point in time. There will so many bogus charities set up to collect donations that people need to be on the look out. Not to mention some that may be on the receiving end over there who could relegate the money in to the wrong hands. I'm not donating money for some rich guy who has homes all over the world, to rebuild his house in Haiti, you know what I mean?

Delene

They need hospitals, medical supplies, housing, infrastructure, orphanages, artificial limbs and a host of things beyond food and clothes. Give to a charity you believe in that is hosted by people you trust. That's the same here or in Haiti. There is such overwhelming need it is almost unimaginable.

jane

They need hospitals, medical supplies, housing, infrastructure, orphanages, artificial limbs and a host of things beyond food and clothes. Give to a charity you believe in that is hosted by people you trust. That's the same here or in Haiti. There is such overwhelming need it is almost unimaginable.

jane

I've already given the money and I'm well aware of what they need. My hope is that they get all of these things and quickly. You can give your money to any number of trusted people, it's the one's on the other end taking it that worries me sometimes.

Delene