Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

Gerry at Sundance Holy Rollers Premiere

I thought I saw some sadness in his face in the pic from the brunch the other day when he is leaning forward listening to the speaker. There is just so much tragedy and sadness out there right now.

I thought I saw some sadness in his face in the pic from the brunch the other day when he is leaning forward listening to the speaker. There is just so much tragedy and sadness out there right now.

You can also see it in the video from ET Canada. I think that's from sitting and listening to the heartbreak of Haiti. After seeing him care so much about the children of India, I can imagine how this is pulling at his heartstrings. It's possible that someone asked him about it and then took that picture. We'll never know, but we do know how Gerry cares so much about the underdog and those who are hurting.

Gerry very rarely smiles in pics these days and considering how quick a shutter goes off taking lots of pics just a wrong move or something can be captured and be very misleading. I try not to judge as it's so easy to take things out of context. I know at the Globes alot of people made reference he did not look happy at times but he was always happy whenever i saw him.

Moira

I heard him say in an interview he loves to travel.....welllllllll, I guess so!

Anyway, I think he looks tired...not particularly sad...and there could be many reasons causing his expression, I also think that sometimes it's nothing at all...just a fading off into nowhereland...you know., where you just don't particularly have anything on your mind...maybe he just took a mini vacation in his head, with his eyes open and no one was home when the camera clicked. Whose to know except Gerry himself. But I also know that it's hard for us ,his fans, who love him so much...not to worry, or be concerned when there is even a hint of anything negative going on with him... which I doubt there is...except for the loving concern he would have for all that's been happenning for the last couple of weeks...I'm just glad to see him including some fun things.

Well...that's my 2 bucks worth...

Laurel

Edited by Laurel

Sure, there's that possibility, Moira. I think we're all up in arms though because we're not so much looking at his expression, but his eyes. You know they say the eyes are the window to the soul...

Steph

I think you're right, Steph. We're always on about his expressive eyes and they just don't look happy.

I really do try especially hard not to interpret individual pictures, because you can catch any expression or gesture at an odd moment and misinterpret it. I know it. I really do and that could absolutely be the case here as well.

I hope so.

B

I think you're right, Steph. We're always on about his expressive eyes and they just don't look happy.

I really do try especially hard not to interpret individual pictures, because you can catch any expression or gesture at an odd moment and misinterpret it. I know it. I really do and that could absolutely be the case here as well.

I hope so.

B

I have a feeling we're all right, though, and it's breaking my heart. I don't care who makes fun of me or what anyone thinks. I have such strong feelings for Gerry that when I see a picture like that, and it's not just the one but all three singles, I can't help but wonder what's going on behind those beautiful eyes. Even in the ones with the other people when he's smiling, it's not our Gerry's regular smile.

I also hope we're wrong, but how can we all be so off? Whatever it is, I hope he's being good to himself in a positive way.

I think you're exactly right Lisa. Even in the smiling ones, the eyes...

And I also don't care if people think we're being overly sensitive. We're all entitled to our opinions, and it's certainly not a crime to care too much. Personally, I'm sending Gerry all my positive vibes. :wuv:

Steph

I don't know, sometimes it's easy to read things into pictures. Unless you're there in person it's hard to tell what's going on. It could be the lighting or some distraction in the crowd that makes it look a certain way. Let's all keep a good thought and hope that Gerry is happy and doing what he wants to do.

I think he is just a deep thinker sometimes and that's just his pondering look! Or somebody just snapped a picture at random and I know I don't walk around smiling all the time! That's just my 2 cts! :p

:kiss: Frannie

Sure, there's that possibility, Moira. I think we're all up in arms though because we're not so much looking at his expression, but his eyes. You know they say the eyes are the window to the soul...

Steph

I appreciate that and Gerry should be proud to have fans that care so much for his well being :yay: but I learnt from another Gerry incident that pics that arose that were amazing totally contradicted what actually happened :tantrum: and I vowed back then because I dont know him personally, am not part of his inner circle to know what he is thinking or feeling that the last thing Gerry would want is fans eating their hearts out over him because we MAY have misinterpreted a picture. You may very well be right that he has stuff weighing on his mind and if he does then i'd like to think he knows we have his back :wuv: .

Moira

I think he is just a deep thinker sometimes and that's just his pondering look! Or somebody just snapped a picture at random and I know I don't walk around smiling all the time! That's just my 2 cts! :p

:kiss: Frannie

I agree and I think Gerry has turned a corner in his career and the carefree happy-go-lucky guy is sharing time with a more serious businessman Gerry. He has to be working 80 hours a week on his career, even at social events, to have achieved what he has at this point. The interviewer from Access described him as a powerful force in Hollywood now, and that takes a lot of work. All of the best to him, he is obviously doing what he loves and we can enjoy the benefits of his labor.

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

Gerry has so much going on right now, business wise, and I do agree that he is a sensitive and deep thinker. Don't get too stressed out, Gerry! I'm not that worried though......he is also very energetic, capable and resourceful.

:whome2:

I'm glad he gets to explore his craft. I'm sure he learns a lot attending these events. He looks wonderful by the way!

I can't believe it-Gerry in Park City, only 3 hours from where I live in Utah. A flight from L.A. to Salt LAke ( where you have to fly into on a commercial jet) is not very long. Less than 2 hours.