Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
scotsmanstuart

1/28 - Gerard Butler is an 'Artist for Haiti'

Gerard Butler is an Artist for Peace and Justice

Gerard Butler comes out for a good cause at the Artists for Peace and Justice Haiti Benefit held at Bergamot Station on Thursday (January 28) in Santa Monica, Calif.

The 40-year-old Scottish actor attended the event and continued to support Haiti relief - he attended an APJ event over the weekend and answered phones for Hope For Haiti Now!

Last night’s event featured a silent artwork auction, photographs of Haiti and music from both a band and a DJ!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

more pics at - http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/partiesetc/AFHAA/

GORGEOUS.

Loving the thicker beard.

Thanks Stu.

Where's Deb.

He's got a water bottle :lmao:

He is just looking especially happy and healthy. Me likey :]

Edited by BaileyS

Posted Image

Gerard Butler is an 'Artist for Haiti'

Salt Lake City Examiner

Gerard Butler was among the celebrities who came out on Thursday, January 28 for the Artists for Haiti Benefit art auction at Track 16 Gallery in Santa Monica, CA. The event, sponsored by Artists for Peace and Justice, was hosted by actress Olivia Wilde.

Rhona Mitra, Diane Lane, Lisa Edelstein, Billy Zane, Billy Burke, Jesse Spencer, Pink, David Arquette and others donated a minimum of $100 and were treated to music by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. 100% of all donations will be given directly to Father Rick Frechette of St. Damien’s Hospital and the ground-level doctors and rescue workers.

A silent auction featured artwork by Ed Moses, Ed Ruscha, Corinne Chaix, Raymond Pettibon, Huguette Caland, Larry Bell, Chuck Arnoldi and Robert Graham.

Photographs of Haiti by Tao Ruspoli and short films from the Jacmel Film School were also fearures to those in attendance.

Artists for Peace and Justice (APJ), founded in 2009 by director Paul Haggis, is a fundraising effort that encourages peace and social justice and addresses issues of poverty and enfranchisement in communities around the world.

Maria Bello, Josh Brolin, James Franco, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Natasha Koifman, Diane Lane, Michael Stahl-David, Oliver Stone, Madeline Stowe, Charlize Theron, Peter Tunney and Olivia Wilde serve on the advisory board.

Butler has also donated his Golden Globes attire to be auctioned by APJ on EBay and recently pledged $250,000 for long-term Haiti relief.

Wish I could give him a big squoosh (hug) for all that he is doing.

What

A

Guy

!!!

Thanks Stu!

He IS looking quite handsome :)

Edited by Andrea~mc

Thanks Stu!

He IS looking quite handsome :)

He is looking happy, more rested. YEA!!!

And...those hands... :wuv:

There's no end to what he won't do to be of some help in any way he can! That's cause I said it before he's a big man with a HUGE heart!

:wuv: Frannie

Oh goodness, does he ever stop? It's not a bad thing at all, but it's going to send me into grattitude mushy overdrive if he keeps going like this! :wuv:

Let me be bold and say "he's letting his beard grow? Huh???"

I love Gerry no matter what he wears or looks like, but the beard is just too much. Lol. Then again, being clean shaven gets the same reaction from me. However, he's still handsome andI can see his chin, so it's not that bad. But just, *sigh* Oh, Gerry....:thud:

:pointy:

Hello!

He looks great!!! He's so wonderful!!!!!

Josée

It's great to see that he's continuing his support for Haiti. Such a caring man. And looking great. :wuv:

Steph

What a generous man, with both time and money. :wuv: I love how committed he seems to be toward the rebuilding of Haiti. He looks like he had a great time. I love to see his smile.

God bless him for his charity work!! Lisa, my favorite pics of Gerry is when he is smiling. It means he is happy and that is very important to me.

~HUGS~ Kathy

It's great what all the celebs are doing to make a difference and this is the upside to celebrity when you can use your fame for the good of others. Gerry looks great in these pics and that smile :wuv: :wuv:

Moira

This is why I admire Gerry. He knows he is fortunate & is willing to give of his time & money to help others. I am not surprised that he is involved in the Artist for Haiti.

Thanks Stu!

Gerry what a guy! :wuv: I agree that this is the up side to being a celebrity. They can use their power for good!

Cheryl

He is a great guy who is a gifted actor and one who is willing to share himself and his wealth with the unfortunate of this world- that's why we love him so. Carole

Good for Him! He is doing something worthwhile!

Thanks for the post. I'm happy to see the smile on Gerry's face.

This is such a difficult situation and it's not something that can be repaired quickly. It's so easy for people to forget as time goes by and hopefully it can be kept in the forefronts of our minds. The conditions in Haiti were not good prior to the earthquake, so that shouldn't be the goal. Things need to be improved, so that they can live a better life.

This really is heartbreaking. I'm so proud of Gerry for doing what he is to help out. He's a good man with a good heart.

B