Gerard Butler GALS
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

I'll just open this and Susan can edit it as she would like.

In the meantime, please continue where we left off, with a check-in from

our favorite female OTR driver, NanLynn!! :wave:

:thankyou: Katie

As Gerry would say, let's get this party started!

Posted Image (lick...erm I mean clickable)

hugs,

Sue

Sue, I enjoyed the pics of Dan'l's bench and your garden. I also loved those little quackers that Suzie posted.

Tracy, you are, as Nat King Cole and Natalie sing, "Unforgettable".

Hey y'all! :wave: to everyone!

:hugs:

Katie

:woohoo: Katie good to see Galfriend. I love the Valentine siggy, Frannie made for you with that great text. Incredible! beautiful!

And, Irish, Your siggy is wonderful. . . WOW, Gerry's eyes! I love it when Frannie deepens the color in Gerry's eyes. Sue, your B2 and Fynn pics are incredible. I hope you are having a wonderful time with your lovely grand babies . . . . Dan'l Memorial Garden is Beautiful. :wuv:

Suz, I love the pics of the baby quackers. . . :wuv:

Cassie, I applaud your commitment to winning your bet. Congratulations for a very worthy cause. :D:hugs: Amazing!

Tracy, you will never be forgotten, my GALfriend!!! :hug1:'s

Andrea, I'm glad you posted the snow pics. I was wondering how bad it was outside of Memphis. I know snow, especially with ice, is lots of trouble, but I never get over the beauty of it. :D Take care and stay safe. I too am a great lover Calvin and Hobbes. :lol:

Jill, I hope you're having a wonderful time this weekend with Burns Night and the Shasta Celtic Society. ENJOY!!!!

Susan, your Mom remains in my prayers, Love to you and yours! :hugs:

It's been a long time since, I've been in the SC, but I will try to do better in the future. For now here is a free, up for grabs Gerry Valentine Sig. It's a leftover from the piggy clubhouse. It's very lovely and needs a good home. Posted Image Any takers? Taken by Andrea~mc.

Beachie

EDA: Nan Lynn, I forgot to say Hi, once again. I caught you in the Siggy Piggy Clubhouse but we can always do with more big, Big Hugs! :wuv:

I'll take it! btw i have pics of my "creations"

I'll take it! btw i have pics of my "creations"

I will mark it as your, Andrea. Hugs! Good to see you.

Where are the pics posted?

Linda

sorry for my complete lack of etiquette before.I was about to shut down my Dad's computer before I switched to mine and I saw your siggy and had to say something because I just knew by the time I powered up my laptop,dialed in etc..it'd be gone.

So...hi beachie! :wave: So happy to see you around! I am doing pretty well and safe,so far we haven't lost power*knock on wood*I love snow, don't ike not being able to go anywhere but I like the snow and being out tramping around in it. I'll post the pics of my "creations" on my FB here in a bit(take a bit to load)and then bring the links here. Sorry about the others I didn't realize I posted the same link twice but if you go back or forward you'll find the other one. About my creations,I had to stick with ground level ones because I didn't have time to spend an hour or whatever getting the snow to stick well enough for a big legit snowman. be back in a bit.

And thanks for the siggy it is gorgeous! Now i just have to remember the password to my photobucket:lol: haven't used it in awhile.

Sorry I haven't posted the pics of my snowmen.My kids are really sick and I was in the ER yesterday with my youngest boy,he was wheezing really,really badly.He has bronchiolitus on the verge of pneumonia.They gave him a really strong breathing treatment and meds etc..My eldest is now coughing and wheezing as well.So we are going to be heading to the pediatricians office today.

OT-my youngest recognizes Gerry as "The Phantom!" even without the mask. He's standing next to me "It's the Phantom!The Phantom!" :lol:

OT-my youngest recognizes Gerry as "The Phantom!" even without the mask. He's standing next to me "It's the Phantom!The Phantom!"

Isn't that cute, bless his little heart! I hope your kids get to feeling better.

Delene

Andrea, I'm sorry to hear that your babies are sick. Keeping y'all in my prayers, Sweetie. :hugs: and positive thoughts coming your way.

I love that Alex recognizes Gerry as our Phantom. Smart Baby!

Beachie

EDS: Sorry! I got the baby names mixed up, so I corrected my post

Edited by givemeabeach

Andrea, I hope you babies feel better really soon. I will say a prayer for them (and for their mama).

Today I am exhausted.....but I had such a wonderful time with my family up here this weekend. My B2 is finally talking. He parrots everything everyone says! And when I say him a song while he was outside playing yesterday .... he stopped and listened and than clapped his hands and said "yay grandma!"....I can't tell you how thrilled I was. And Fynn is getting so big....in a few months I'm sure he will be giving big brother a run for his money...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Linda, I'm so happy to see you here...I missed you my friend...now where's Anna and Frannie and Peggy and Nancy and Suzie and Jilly and of course our hostess Susan? Let's get this room rocking!

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Let's get some pictures up on the walls:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Beautiful pictures of grand babies and wonderful story, Sue! :wuv:

I just found out my car is fixed. It was a bad Thermostat that need to be replaced. My sister will be here shortly to take me to the mechanic so I can pick my car up and pay the bill. Grrrrrr. . . .

Yes, we need Gerry pics. . .

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

No time to be choosy, so I'm posting some favorites from the LAC Premier in LA. I love that he's beautiful, but I also love it when he plays around. :cunning::heat:

Beachie

Edited by Songbird

I'm here! I had an interesting weekend! Last week I got an email from my old high school alumni assn reminding me our 50th renunion is coming up next year! AAAAAKKKKKKKKKK!! :tantrum:

One of the girls invited me to a little pizza party where a few of my classmates got together and we did the pre-planning for the renunion. Mind you, I hadn't seen any of these people in 50 years, didn't recognize any of them and couldn't understand how they got old! What happened???? Anyway, I was able to reconnect with a couple of people and we had a riot of a time. I was reminded even old people remember how to party! A bunch of us are getting together in April for a picnic. What fun!!

It's drippy rainy icky here today and I don't feel like cleaning. Think I'll have a cuppa and go finish my book!

Sue!! Love the pictures of the wee ones! They are getting so big!!

Hugs to everyone!! :wuv:

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

OT-my youngest recognizes Gerry as "The Phantom!" even without the mask. He's standing next to me "It's the Phantom!The Phantom!"

Isn't that cute, bless his little heart! I hope your kids get to feeling better.

Delene

I hope they do too,I have snot all over my shirts. lol(theirs not mine,thought I should specify that)

Andrea, I'm sorry to hear that your babies are sick. Keeping y'all in my prayers, Sweetie. :hugs: and positive thoughts coming your way.

I love that Alex recognizes Gerry as our Phantom. Smart Baby!

Beachie

EDS: Sorry! I got the baby names mixed up, so I corrected my post

Thanks. :hugs: I can use all the prayers and positive thoughts/vibes I can get right now.

Andrea, I hope you babies feel better really soon. I will say a prayer for them (and for their mama).

Today I am exhausted.....but I had such a wonderful time with my family up here this weekend. My B2 is finally talking. He parrots everything everyone says! And when I say him a song while he was outside playing yesterday .... he stopped and listened and than clapped his hands and said "yay grandma!"....I can't tell you how thrilled I was. And Fynn is getting so big....in a few months I'm sure he will be giving big brother a run for his money...

Linda, I'm so happy to see you here...I missed you my friend...now where's Anna and Frannie and Peggy and Nancy and Suzie and Jilly and of course our hostess Susan? Let's get this room rocking!

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Thankyou,for the prayers. Your grandbabys are so adorable. And what B2 did is so cute! I love that age. :) The more mine talk the more I'm reminded of how quickly they are growing up. I asked Ethan if he wanted something earlier and he said "No thankyou". and I was a first off proud that he was being so polite but taken aback at how grown up that sounds.It then dawned on me that he'll be 4 soon.

I took my boys to the dr. today and Alex has bronchiolitus and is taking breathing treatments,Ethan just has the virus that caused the bronchiolitus in Alex.So we just have to let it run it's course.And now I'm a bit concerned because ...I don't want to get sick! :tantrum: When kids get sick,Mommy takes care of them.When Mommy gets sick...there's no one to take care of mommy!:( So I'm really doing alot eating extra veggies and fruit and taking my herbs and supplements and praying I don't get it lol *crossing fingers and toes*

Here's a pic of my fam with Scotty M. during his visit at Thanksgiving before leaving for the Caribbean. Left to right back, Justin, Bri, Chris, Tom, Diane, and Scotty out front with his horse and Pugsly sitting in for Zena, the 160 pound English Mastiff. Size wise, she's scale there with Scotty. (We couldn't get Z dog to hold still or fit in picture.). I'm the photog.

Delene

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo188/D.../cruises001.jpg

Sorry if this pic is not the right size. The next size down you couldn't see Scotty.

Delene, you can post a thumbnail, and then we can click on it and see the larger image. That way your posted image is still within guidelines AND Scotty will be visible. :)

I've changed it to a link for now.

Edited by Songbird
See note above. Thanks!

*whispers* Tis very quiet in here . . . *shouts* Where is Everyone?

Posted Image Shussssh! We're napping.

Edited by givemeabeach

I'm here! :wave: And not napping. I am contemplating what to eat for a very late supper.Don't feel like cooking anything and the boys are asleep.

I'm here -- just getting here late. With my drippy nose and nasty cold REDUX !! what is it with colds this year that they just do NOT go away, merely linger in the ether and then drop back down on you at unexpected times!

Everyone's pictures are adorable of kids and vacations....families together...Sue, oh Sue. I can only imagine how important and amazing that was that B2 not only repeated -- but began spontaneous conversation....Keep it up. Keep singing and talking and reading out loud --- and he'll keep on adding to the store of words and connections. And FINN! I love that head of hair!

50th reunion fun! I love it! I guess I should get on the bandwagon and start going to mine? Hmmmm...that we'll see.

The Burns Night was a trip. We have a pipe band (the Jefferson Pipe Band -- and the name is its own story). There has been a secessionist feeling about this area of the states for at least 150 years. There was a desire at one time to pull northern CA and southern ORegon out and make a separate state and name it the State of Jefferson (as in Jeffersonian Democracy et al). About 20 years ago we were given a chance to vote (non-binding, of course) on secession from the union. How often do you get to vote for something like that!?! So, because I could, AND for my great-great-grandfather (Gant's Cavalry, Tennessee), I voted for secession.

Ok -- pipe band....if you are interested, on Youtube, you can find a piece by them called Steam Train to Maillag (listed as JPB, Steam Train). It ROCKS. (and in the first 25 seconds, the solo piper walks right beside me to join the band --- as he was playing).

They made the evening Saturday night. Wish you could have all been there.

Jill

Andrea, :wave: I hope Ethan and Alex are getting better and that you are resting. Take care. :lol: I wanted to post a "wake up" animation, but I couldn't find one that was funnnnnny--still looking. :D

I'm here -- just getting here late. With my drippy nose and nasty cold REDUX !! what is it with colds this year that they just do NOT go away, merely linger in the ether and then drop back down on you at unexpected times!.

The Burns Night was a trip. We have a pipe band (the Jefferson Pipe Band -- and the name is its own story). There has been a secessionist feeling about this area of the states for at least 150 years. There was a desire at one time to pull northern CA and southern ORegon out and make a separate state and name it the State of Jefferson (as in Jeffersonian Democracy et al). About 20 years ago we were given a chance to vote (non-binding, of course) on secession from the union. How often do you get to vote for something like that!?! So, because I could, AND for my great-great-grandfather (Gant's Cavalry, Tennessee), I voted for secession.

Ok -- pipe band....if you are interested, on Youtube, you can find a piece by them called Steam Train to Maillag (listed as JPB, Steam Train). It ROCKS. (and in the first 25 seconds, the solo piper walks right beside me to join the band --- as he was playing).

They made the evening Saturday night. Wish you could have all been there.

Jill

Jill, Its good to hear that Burns Night was not only a great success but also FUN!. I listened to JPB. Very impressive!

I love your story about the secessionist :lol: . . . wonderful concept :) I had no idea that CA had ever had a secessionst vote. That is a hoot! :yay: , for you and your great-great-grandfather.

I hope your head cold clears up very soon. :hugs:

Linda/Beachie

Thanks so much, Linda,-- for well wishes on the cold (HONK cough splutter). :tissues:

I'm glad that you went to listen to the band. They are amazing --- and they are based in 2 areas (one around Ashland/Medford, ORegon and here in Redding, CA ..about 2.5 hours apart). They can only get together to play as a full band and practice about 4 times a year. They are competing around the state this year -- and I am hoping for good things!

Ok....Puxatawny Phil!!! Come on, guy! 6 more weeks of winter? I'm done, already! Come on SPRING!!!!!

Jill

Hey Ladies,

I had to take a few more days off because someone wanted to get technical. Apparantely someone else had a hand in my little wager in December and wasn't around to get the full effect of my month off. Too technical to get into but I decided to do another hiatas just to prove a point and I did it. It's hard but I survived. :pointy: I'm behind as hell again but I'll catch up sooner or later.

In the meantime how are all you gorgeous ladies doing?

Sue - OMG B2 and Fynn are like toddlers now they're so big. OMG they grow up so fast don't they. B2 is getting taller and more lean and losing the babyness about his frame. I miss that when they start to grow. I like all the chub that makes the so cuddly. *sigh* So adorable those two yes they're. Here's a quick pic of Me and Ms. Grown aka Isabelle. She's 18 mons going on 22 yrs. old she's too grown. Posted Image

I need to go back and read the other posts. I'm so flipping behind it's driving me nuts.

Take Care,

Cassie

Andrea, :wave: I hope Ethan and Alex are getting better and that you are resting. Take care. :lol: I wanted to post a "wake up" animation, but I couldn't find one that was funnnnnny--still looking. :D

Linda/Beachie

Alex is on the mend but still croupey sounding,but getting into everything,so he's totally feeling better.Ethan is pitiful,poor thing,snotting,watery eyes,coughing etc...I'm about to get my shower while they are sleeping and a short nap. And been trying to convince my ex to forego the visiting tonight because they are miserable and contagious.

Jill-hope you get to feelin better too! This weather is just screwing everybody up!

Cassie-your little one is adorable. My youngest is still in that cuddly stage,but my eldest is starting to get all independent.Took him to school last week and he didn't want to hold my hand in front of his friends. I was in shock.

Gosh, it is nice to come in here and find some new posts from some old friends (now I don't

man "old" literally!) Wonderful to hear from all of you and catch up on all the news and

photos. Here in OR we have lucked out with weather--if you can call cloudy, dark and drizzley

good! Of course the sun did break through yesterday, long enough for any local groundhog to

see its shadow so I think we will have 6 more weeks of it. Oh well, at least we don't have to

shovel it!!

If I might vent just a little--I have two wonderful grandaughters ages 14 & 10 that I have done

daycare and now, after school care since their birth. I knew the marriage of their parents was

no picnic, but things have come to a "head" and after much mental trauma to the kids and herself, my daughter is finally realizing it is time to give up (he has another "friend.") I was so darn proud

of the oldest--she had a complete meltdown when I picked her up from school, and I told her she needs to tell her parents how she feels. Well, that evening after refusing to go home (she did go) she pretty much let her mother "have it" on the phone. It ended up being a good thing

and mother and daughter actually were the better for it. Today Shanon is going to talk to her

dad and I am going to try to get the very quiet 10 yr old to talk to me a little. I may have

messed up with the mom but I think I am doing something right with the girls. I also have two

other daughters who are helping with whatever they might need to as support for their neices.

As of today Tara has asked her sister to accompany her to consult a lawyer and made the appt.

for next Thursday. Please send up prayers and well wishes that she will keep the appointment.

Anyway, I just wanted to send all of you my good wishes and prayers for better health, better

days or whatever it is you each need! And "thanks," for listening.

Hugs,

Judy

Judy, your daughter and granddaughters are and will be in my prayers. Sounds like y'all are making the best of a bad situation and supporting each other in ever way possible.I will be praying your daughter will not lose her courage and will keep the appointment with the lawyer. Hoping and praying for the best . . . for all of you. :hugs:

Andrea, I hope the ex will put off his visit, so your babies can get well. :hug1:'s

Beachie