Gerard Butler GALS
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Andrea--snot slime, I remember it well!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon, and good luck

with your new project.

Fran--hope you arrive in NY safely and will be glad to hear from you that you have. Hope the

weather was good for travel--we are having another sunny spring-like day here. Do give

Peggy that hug for all of us and hope you get the much needed rest and some recreation, too!

Hugs to all of you & hope you are having a good weekend.

Judy

Beachie....How about a walk down memory lane. I just got back from Epcot where their Flower Festival has started. I saw Jose Feliciano in concert there and coming up in concert next week will be "Paul Revere and the Raiders" followed by David Cassidy the following week. In the future weeks (which I will miss because we will be heading home) will be "Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone (I saw them last year at Epcot, Peter is still so cute). Then Ricky Nelson's twin sons will put on a "Ricky Nelson remembered.." (saw that last year too). Also Chubby Checker, Davy Jones and Tony Orlando with more to come. If that doesn't start the memory banks flowing nothing will. Epcot is so beautiful with all of the flowers and topiaries of Disney characters.

Here's a sample of the beauty of Epcot at Disney World.

Posted Image Jose Feliciano

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

:lol: Slimed . . . ew! It good to hear the boys are getting better, now if Mom get better, too. How was Ethan after the splinter surgery. :D Your felting projects sounds wonderful, Andrea. I can't wait to hear more about what you are creating.

Hey, Judy, :wave:

D*** Kathy, Paul Revere and the Raiders, David Cassidy, Peter Noone *I agree he is still cute*, and :omg2: Ricky Nelson's sons. Oh yeah, I remember; indeed I do! Your photos of the Disney topiaries are wonderful . . . that's another trip down memory lane . . . I still remember the first time I saw Bambi, and I was just a kid at the time. I was very attached to that movie. :D

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

Andrea--snot slime, I remember it well!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon, and good luck

with your new project.

Hugs to all of you & hope you are having a good weekend.

Judy

Thankyou,my project thus far has actually turned out really well.I was so tickled how that piece I knitted and felted turned out.

:lol: Slimed . . . ew! It good to hear the boys are getting better, now if Mom get better, too. How was Ethan after the splinter surgery. :D Your felting projects sounds wonderful, Andrea. I can't wait to hear more about what you are creating.

Linda

Linda,I am taking wool sweaters and knitting up wool and felting it on purpose(shrinking it).Because once it's felted(ya'll might already know this),you can cut it like regular fabric and it doesn't unravel and sew it into..whatever. So,my first thing I'm going to try is I'm going to take the pieces I've felted thus far and sew a pair of slippers,trying to decide on ballet style or mocassin. I'll try that later today after I finish knitting this angora baby hat that I need to photograph and send to the boutique owner that sells my stuff(send the photo not the hat). That's what I'm up to.

I'm stuffed up still.Sleeping half sitting up. Ethan is fine after his splinter surgery however when he sees anyone with a needle he starts backing up :lol: (my Dad had a splinter this morning)

Thankyou,my project thus far has actually turned out really well.I was so tickled how that piece I knitted and felted turned out.

Linda,I am taking wool sweaters and knitting up wool and felting it on purpose(shrinking it).Because once it's felted(ya'll might already know this),you can cut it like regular fabric and it doesn't unravel and sew it into..whatever. So,my first thing I'm going to try is I'm going to take the pieces I've felted thus far and sew a pair of slippers,trying to decide on ballet style or mocassin. I'll try that later today after I finish knitting this angora baby hat that I need to photograph and send to the boutique owner that sells my stuff(send the photo not the hat). That's what I'm up to.

I'm stuffed up still.Sleeping half sitting up. Ethan is fine after his splinter surgery however when he sees anyone with a needle he starts backing up :lol: (my Dad had a splinter this morning)

Andrea, someone said you had a link to the website where your stuff was available. Could you please PM me with info???

Thanks,

Suzie

Beachie....How about a walk down memory lane. I just got back from Epcot where their Flower Festival has started. I saw Jose Feliciano in concert there and coming up in concert next week will be "Paul Revere and the Raiders" followed by David Cassidy the following week. In the future weeks (which I will miss because we will be heading home) will be "Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone (I saw them last year at Epcot, Peter is still so cute). Then Ricky Nelson's twin sons will put on a "Ricky Nelson remembered.." (saw that last year too). Also Chubby Checker, Davy Jones and Tony Orlando with more to come. If that doesn't start the memory banks flowing nothing will. Epcot is so beautiful with all of the flowers and topiaries of Disney characters.

I am jealous! And I remember when Gunnar and Matthew Nelson were popular, I had a poster of them in my room! :lalala:

I am jealous! And I remember when Gunnar and Matthew Nelson were popular, I had a poster of them in my room! :lalala:

They don't have long hair anymore but still blonde and cute and I really like their singing. They put on a great show last year honoring their father. Wish I were going to be here for this year's show.

~HUGS~ Kathy

This is a quick drop in to ask y'all to read the Prayer Thread for Peggy.

Peggy posted an update yesterday, stating she returned home on Thursday and on the same day Ron went into the ER. Ron is now in the ICU at the hospital.

Prayers needed! Thanks,

Linda

Bailey, How your classes going, etc. I never heard how you did on your tests *or I missed the post* . What's happening? We are on Spring break here at the University of Memphis this week. What about you?

Andrea your project sound like so much fun ---> wool slippers. I say ballet style if the weather finally turns warm; if not, :lol: mocassins. Either way, toasty warm. :D

I browsed on your craft sites, Andrea, and I adore the hats that you make. But, I have to wait until April to order anything. Is that pretty pink one, the Peony Pink? I like it and the Oat color, but I also like deep colors, too. What color is raspberry and indigo?

Whoops, forgot to ask, how are Ethan and Alex? And, you? :D

Judy, Andrea's web addresses are listed in her profile. Click Andrea's online name to view/read her profile.

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

This is a quick drop in to ask y'all to read the Prayer Thread for Peggy.

Peggy posted an update yesterday, stating she returned home on Thursday and on the same day Ron went into the ER. Ron is now in the ICU at the hospital.

Prayers needed! Thanks,

Linda

Will head over there as soon as I finish posting here.That is so horrible!

your project sound like so much fun ---> wool slippers. I say ballet style if the weather finally turns warm; if not, :lol: mocassins. Either way, toasty warm. :D

I browsed on your craft sites, Andrea, and I adore the hats that you make. But, I have to wait until April to order anything. Is that pretty pink one, the Peony Pink? I like it and the Oat color, but I also like deep colors, too. What color is raspberry and indigo?

Whoops, forgot to ask, how are Ethan and Alex? And, you? :D

Judy, Andrea's web addresses are listed in her profile. Click Andrea's online name to view/read her profile.

Linda

Yeah I am thinking ballet as well.You just watch we'll get to loving the warm weather and BOOM! it'll get cold again.

The pink one is Peony Pink. Raspberry is the berry color shown in the photos and indigo is a deep blue.I'll find a link and PM it to you if you want. Unfortunately Etsy only lets me upload a certain amount of photos,so I didn't have room to upload all the colors.

Ethan and Alex are back to being terrors...jk.They are sweet boys when they aren't fighting eachother.Ethan came home from school this afternoon and first thing he did was run and give his "Bubba" a big hug,it was so sweet. :) Me...as my grandma would say ,I'm fair to middlin',my sinuses are still all stuffed up...ugh. But I'm doing alright,still getting all my chores done lol. I'm working on getting all the color swatches for the blankets I'm about to add. And I have to upload pics of the angora hat I finished last night.

Good afternoon, all! Just dropped in her to say we have two new "arrivals" here on the farm! Two baby "kids" were born yesterday and they are smaller then my Chihuahua, Trinket! They are so adorable and so tiny and when I went over to look at them, the Mom ran up to me and then over to a baby then back to me then back over to a baby and she keeps "baaa" ing like she's so proud to show them off. Goats are really cool! I'm glad they waited to be born after the weather turned. It was warmer here today then in LA. Hopefully, most of winter is behind us.

Delene

Oh, Delene, how cute! Can you put up some photos?

Sorry to hear Peggy's news--will go over the the thread now.

Andrea, hope your sinus condition clears up. And I will check out your site, for sure.

Hello to everyone else!

Hugs,

J.

Good afternoon, all! Just dropped in her to say we have two new "arrivals" here on the farm! Two baby "kids" were born yesterday and they are smaller then my Chihuahua, Trinket! They are so adorable and so tiny and when I went over to look at them, the Mom ran up to me and then over to a baby then back to me then back over to a baby and she keeps "baaa" ing like she's so proud to show them off. Goats are really cool! I'm glad they waited to be born after the weather turned. It was warmer here today then in LA. Hopefully, most of winter is behind us.

awwwwwww baby goats are so cute. We used to have a goat when I was younger. Is that breed particularly small? Cause they sound tiny! Good thing it's not as cold now.

Good afternoon from Redding my friends!

Peggy and Frannie, thinking of you both, praying for you both and your families...especially Ron this day!

I can attest to Andrea's beautiful hats because I now own one and it is gorgeously made.

As for being slimed...lol...that reminds me of Ghostbusters....but oh, yes, I remember those days well. As a matter of fact last month my B2 had a runny nose and calmly reached over, took my arm and proceeded to use MY sleeve to wipe it!!! :unsure:

Kathy, beautiful pictures of Disney World....I told Bryan that it seems you and hubby go there every year for a month or so and stay at Disney World...he said you must be a multi millionaire...it breaks him after a few days! lol

My Fynn got his first haircut and Bryan had B2's hair completely buzzed! :tantrum: Why do they have to mess with my gorgeous grandbabies curls and hair!!! (Oh well, I love them just the same...they could shave their heads and paint their ears red and I'd still think they were beautiful (that's what my dear hubby used to tell me all the time..).

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

:tissues:

Well, I guess I had better go do some spring planting...yesterday it was spring...today it looks like it's going to rain again!

Oh Delene, you have to post pictures please.

Was it just me...or was anyone else soooo wishing that Gerry was sitting in Alan's seat last night when they kept showing Helen Mirram (SP)? lol

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Peggy: prayers for you and Ron. :wuv:

Gerry looked SOOOOOOOOOO handsome for the Oscars! :pant: And yes, I wished he would have switched with Alan. Gabby Sidiobe (sp?) said she'd "hit that" about Gerry! Amen, sistah!

Sue: aww, too bad about the hair. Oh well, it will grow back, he's still adorable!

Mousie

Good afternoon from Redding my friends!

I can attest to Andrea's beautiful hats because I now own one and it is gorgeously made.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Thankyou,Sue. :):metoyou:

As for being slimed...lol...that reminds me of Ghostbusters....but oh, yes, I remember those days well. As a matter of fact last month my B2 had a runny nose and calmly reached over, took my arm and proceeded to use MY sleeve to wipe it!!! :unsure:

And what is so amazing about it,they are so calm and matter of fact about it.It's like " I need to wipe my nose,come here please*SLIME* thankyou,you can go about your day now,I'll call if I need you" :lol:

My Fynn got his first haircut and Bryan had B2's hair completely buzzed! :tantrum: Why do they have to mess with my gorgeous grandbabies curls and hair!!! (Oh well, I love them just the same...they could shave their heads and paint their ears red and I'd still think they were beautiful (that's what my dear hubby used to tell me all the time..).

It's funny you should mention hair cuts and particularly buzzing....My 2 need a hair cut.They have alot of curl/wave to their hair when it gets long.Ethan ends up with one super man curl on his forehead...anyway,he had school pictures today and I was on the phone w/his dad this morning discussing the school pictures and he was saying "make sure he doesn't have any sleep in his eyes ..etc..." and I told him "I will make sure he is clean and I'm about to go put some goop in his hair to make it lies down till he can get a hair cut" and their Dad jokingly offered to buzz their heads. Because he knows how much it bugged me when he used to get his head buzzed (he has red hair like the boys and he's in the Navy reserves) and I told him "NO we will not be buzzing their heads,their hair is too pretty of a color to buzz it all off." So...my Mom will be cutting their hair sometime this week.She has cut my Dad's for the last 30's years,kept him within Army regs for 17 yrs. Do you have bribe your 2 to be still? My 2 get suckers or popsicles or anything to make them forget what Mom is doing to them lol

Was it just me...or was anyone else soooo wishing that Gerry was sitting in Alan's seat last night when they kept showing Helen Mirram (SP)? lol

I honestly didn't notice, but i love Helen Mirren. I want to see her new movie so badly.

Edited by Andrea~mc

YES! I wish Gerry and Alan has switched places!! I'm sure Alan is a very nice man - but Gerry he ain't!)

Sue, those pictures of the boys are adorable! Both are precious! Flynn looks like you could put him in a leprechaun outfit and he'd be the star of a St. Patrick's Day Parade! B2 looks like a little man who is going to be breaking hearts very soon! I don't envy mum and dad with those two. They will be beating off girls for years!

Delene, I can't wait to see pictures of the babies. At least your "mamma" is nicer than the mamma goose I had - she hissed at me all the time and tried to peck me when I'd bring her food and water - ungrateful wretch! Then she took the babies away! :humph:

So sorry to hear about Ron! I'm heading over to Peggy's thread too. Darn, it's time that family had a break! I'm so glad Frannie is there to be with Peggy!

I'm scrubbing bathrooms today - Woot - Party - NOT! I let my cleaning lady go when I bought this house (she didn't want to travel this far). Some days I really miss her! It was really hard to justify keeping her when it's just me in this little house and I'm really not messy, but I HATE some of the jobs she used to do, especially when I'd rather be looking a dishy pictures of Gerry!!

Hugs all around!

Suzie

:wave: everyone. I got up this morning with a muscle spasm in my left shoulder and upper back. Haven't been able to turn my neck to the left all day. I'm supposed to work a 12 shift tomorrow too! Guess I'll lather on the ben-gay tonight when I go to bed. I've taken several rounds of Excedrin, but it hasn't helped much.

Sue-those pictures of your grandbabies are adorable!

:wave: everyone. I got up this morning with a muscle spasm in my left shoulder and upper back. Haven't been able to turn my neck to the left all day. I'm supposed to work a 12 shift tomorrow too! Guess I'll lather on the ben-gay tonight when I go to bed. I've taken several rounds of Excedrin, but it hasn't helped much.

Sue-those pictures of your grandbabies are adorable!

Oh goodness! Have you tried ice or alternating ice and heat? I hope you are relieved of your pain soon. :hugs:

:wave: Thanks, Andrea. The bad news is I still have the muscle spasm. The good news is I wasn't needed at work today. I've been bathing in Ben-Gay and swallowing Excedrin, which didn't help, so now I've switched to Advil. We'll see.

Hugs to all!

:wave: Thanks, Andrea. The bad news is I still have the muscle spasm. The good news is I wasn't needed at work today. I've been bathing in Ben-Gay and swallowing Excedrin, which didn't help, so now I've switched to Advil. We'll see.

Hugs to all!

Well,atleast they didn't need you today. I hope the Advil helps,it's an anti-inflammatory.

Hi GALS, :wave:

Andrea, I love the pics you posted on your site. . . I definite will be going for the Indigo hat, but I still like the pink one . . . decisions, decisions. I love your blankets, too. The walls in my apartment are a medium teal/dark green or a soft bright pink, and curtains and fabrics (prints/solids) are multiple shades of greens, pinks and white mixed all together. I think I unconsiously turned my home into a rose garden of sorts--colorways, at least. Some of the fabric prints, I've used are roses and flowers, but others are not. :lol: I would love to discuss getting a full-size bed blanket to use as a coverlet on my bed.

Awe . . . a Bubba Hug. I Posted Image over your description of how they nonchalantly use Mom's sleeve . . . when they need, too.

I hope your sinsuses clear up soon, and you are feeling better!

Delene, I would love to see pics of your newest babies. :) Ditto on the winter weather; I hope Spring is on it way.

Sue, I love the Before and After pics of Fynn and B2. . . That pic of Fynn in the beanbag chair is Frantastic. . . and his blond curls, :omg2: Beautiful! They grow so fast. *Shaved heads and painted :lol: red ears = Beautiful! Daniel was so right!!*

What are you planting in the garden, Sue? And, did it rain, yesterday?

Sorry, I didn't notice, Alan. I was actually watching Helen, *she's one of my favorites* so I was being a girl and looking at what she was wearing. :D Of course, if Gerry had been sitting next to her, I wouldn't have seen her dress or anything else. :swoon:

Suzie, Posted Image on the bathrooms!

Elissa, Posted Image and Posted Image. Take care, Sweetie. I hope you are better very soon.

Beachie

Linda, I LOVE your 2nd avvie!! Well, your other avvies and siggy, too.

Elissa, hope you are feeling better--can't have the nurse sick or injured! Tell that to my

daughter all the time. BTW, thanks for that lovely spring Wallpaper!

Hello, and hugs to all!

Judy

Elissa, you MUST get better soon! Can't have my best bud running around with a bad wing!

Took Teeny to the vet today. She has to have surgery on a wee growth next week - it isn't cancer but's bothering her. I HATE when my fur babies are sick and can't tell you where it hurts! Grrr!

Suzie