Gerard Butler GALS
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

:wave: everyone! I'm still here! Between my crazy work schedule and addiction to Vampire Wars on Facebook, I haven't been posting as much as I'd like to lately, although I do check in to GALS everyday to look at new Gallery items :yummy: and read articles and posts. I promise to do better in the posting department!

The weather was so bad today that Suzie and I missed our Gerry day due to heavy rain and some street flooding. :tantrum:

Erin is enjoying her job, especially the regular paychecks part! :D

Hugs to all!

If I might vent just a little--I have two wonderful grandaughters ages 14 & 10 that I have done

daycare and now, after school care since their birth. I knew the marriage of their parents was

no picnic, but things have come to a "head" and after much mental trauma to the kids and herself, my daughter is finally realizing it is time to give up (he has another "friend.") I was so darn proud

of the oldest--she had a complete meltdown when I picked her up from school, and I told her she needs to tell her parents how she feels. Well, that evening after refusing to go home (she did go) she pretty much let her mother "have it" on the phone. It ended up being a good thing

and mother and daughter actually were the better for it. Today Shanon is going to talk to her

dad and I am going to try to get the very quiet 10 yr old to talk to me a little. I may have

messed up with the mom but I think I am doing something right with the girls. I also have two

other daughters who are helping with whatever they might need to as support for their neices.

As of today Tara has asked her sister to accompany her to consult a lawyer and made the appt.

for next Thursday. Please send up prayers and well wishes that she will keep the appointment.

Anyway, I just wanted to send all of you my good wishes and prayers for better health, better

days or whatever it is you each need! And "thanks," for listening.

Hugs,

Judy

Judy,you will all be in my prayers.I've been through the whole bad marriage and your husband having a "friend" and all that.It's not easy,but your daughter is doing the right thing for herself and the kids.

Judy, your daughter and granddaughters are and will be in my prayers. Sounds like y'all are making the best of a bad situation and supporting each other in ever way possible.I will be praying your daughter will not lose her courage and will keep the appointment with the lawyer. Hoping and praying for the best . . . for all of you. :hugs:

Andrea, I hope the ex will put off his visit, so your babies can get well. :hug1:'s

Beachie

He didn't put off his visit,he just came over and hung out here for an hour and a half.Sat there and watched me fold laundry etc...absolutely made my day! :spit:

Roommates are watching Tomb Raider on TV... *sigh* I'm TRYING to concentrate on my homework, but they just got to THIS SCENE and I sort of turned into a drool puddle. Even after all these years since I first saw that movie, that scene still makes me :swoon::gerrygasm:

Well, I guess I'd better get back to my homework! It was almost warm enough today to wear short sleeves! I really hope it stays!!

Love you all,

Amber

Thank you, for the kind words, ladies. I know WAY too many women have been in my daughter's

situation. She has lived in the hope all would be well for way too long.

I have a special "thing" for TR2--it was playing on our cable when I discovered GB (POTO) and was so surprised (in a really good way, tho) what the Phantom really looked like. And, of course, Terry Sheridan was HOT!! Think I will just have to watch it again!!

Take care, my friends.

Judy

He didn't put off his visit,he just came over and hung out here for an hour and a half.Sat there and watched me fold laundry etc...absolutely made my day! :spit:

Ohhhh . . . I just saw this, Andrea.

I got lost in making myself a new siggy last night and forgot to Posted Image check the SC thread. So, you Posted Image chores while he just watched . . . Very good, Andrea!

Well it sound like you had a slow, quiet night . . . Andrea. I hope you got some rest. How are Ethan and Alex today? I hope their Mommy is OK, and you've not caught the bug. Stay well, Sweetie!

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

Whoops, I double posted, when I reloaded my pics in my Photobucket account. Soooooorry!!!!

See next post . . .

Edited by givemeabeach

I recently discovered these in the Gallery, and I really like them. So, I'm sharing :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Remember to double click!!! They are from the Carlo Allegri photoshoot at TIFF in 2008.

Beachie

Edited by givemeabeach

ummmm yes Linda....Frannie and Cheryl have made some gorgeous siggies using those photos....thanks for decorating our center with them... :wuv:

WOW...me thinks we just had an earthquake...hummm....guess I'll go turn on the news....but before I do...

Cassie, that picture of you and Isabelle is gorgeous. She is getting so big and you look wonderful my dear!

hugs to all.

love,

Sue (off to see what the heck just happened here)

There was a 6.0 earthquake off the coast....that caused mild shaking and rattling and rolling here...aahhhh part of life in CA. No damage here...still listening to the news to see about coastal cities like Eureka and Ferndale. Thanks for asking Linda.

hugs,

Sue

Nice to see Linda and Elissa logging in. I've missed you guys around here! I really missed going out to lunch with Elissa yesterday, but we would have had to put pontoons on the car! Saturday is a makeup day, and I think we are going to go to the Drafthouse to have lunch while we watch Avatar in 3D.

It was supposed to quit raining today - the weatherman lied. Blub!

Hope today brought better health. Judy, I hope your daughter is doing OK. Speaking from experience, even though she is seeking her freedom, there will be many days of grieving for "what might have been". It's tough, especially with children involved, but only she knows what's right for her. Tell her I said to be happy.

Have a great evening and many Gerry dreams tonight!

Suzie

Ohhhh . . . I just saw this, Andrea.

I got lost in making myself a new siggy last night and forgot to Posted Image check the SC thread. So, you Posted Image chores while he just watched . . . Very good, Andrea!

I love these smilies, and since I don't often get to use them, I just had to share them with you. :lol:

Well it sound like you had a slow, quiet night . . . Andrea. I hope you got some rest. How are Ethan and Alex today? I hope their Mommy is OK, and you've not caught the bug. Stay well, Sweetie!

Linda

Well,I was trying to stay busy while he visited with the kids,and not have to be in the same room with him.He watched me type a blog for a little bit and then watched me cook and do chores.The creepy part or awesome depends on how you look at it is he finds a woman doing housework,to be sexy. SO it's creepy that the jerk was getting turned on watching me fold laundry on the other hand it's a little bit of awesome. Sort of like "You think I'm sexy,well good.Can't touch this! :pointy: " So it's half and half.

I got some rest till the scratchy throat hit me.Unfortunately,I did catch the bug.So much for a Friday night out on the town.:lol: (I discovered in Jan. that I really like playing pool) The boys are doing fine now,still coughing a bit but otherwise back to getting into everything they can get their sticky hands on.(literally sticky) Atleast,and this might sound horrible,it's Gareth's weekend so I will get 2.5 days to sleep and recuperate.

Sue,hope it wasn't an earthquake.

There was a 6.0 earthquake off the coast....that caused mild shaking and rattling and rolling here...aahhhh part of life in CA. No damage here...still listening to the news to see about coastal cities like Eureka and Ferndale. Thanks for asking Linda.

hugs,

Sue

Oh my! that's not a little one! Glad you are ok.I have an uncle outside of San Fran.

Suzie

quit raining? Never! It's raining here in TN too. Our yard is turning into one huge mud puddle.

Sue, I'm glad you are OK. A 6.0 is a good-size earthquake.

Hey :wave:Suzie. Sorry that you and Elissa missed lunch yesterday, but it is great that y'all have a makeup day. Have a great time! I hear Avatar is incredible.

Andrea, I'm sorry you caught the bug and will miss a night out, but I'm :cunning: glad you will get 2.5 days to rest while the boys are with their Dad.

Suzie

quit raining? Never! It's raining here in TN too. Our yard is turning into one huge mud puddle.

I don't mind our mud puddle so much, :lol: as long as the temperature stays above freezing. I'm tired of the ice . . .

I guess we are all longing for Spring. At least, I am! :D

Edited by givemeabeach

Ahhh thank you my friends. Yeah, it was a good size earthquake...but it's epicenter was in the ocean and it appears that little damage was done ... even on the coast. That is one thing I am so thankful for....CA has some pretty hefty laws when it comes to earthquake safety in buildings and bridges, etc. so even when we have a good size earthquake the damage is usually minimal because our homes and buildings and bridges are built or have been retrofitted to sustain a major earthquake. I just pray that as they rebuild Haiti they adopt the same kind of laws because as one expert said..."it is not earthquakes that kill people ... it is the buildings that fall on them."

Delene, how did I miss that picture of your family! You have a great looking family my dear.

Elissa, get your butt back here and off of facebook.... :lalala: LOL

Judy, it is so hard to watch our kids go through their ups and downs. I'm glad you are there for your grandbabies!

Suzie, stay dry!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

Delene, how did I miss that picture of your family! You have a great looking family my dear.

Thank you, Sue.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Well, Delene, like I said you have a great looking family....and now I want to see Zena! Scotty looked like he had a good time with your family as well.

Still raining here....I think I'm getting moldy!!!! :tantrum:

Gee, Sue, an earthquake? Scary! I'm relieved to here there were no fatalities.

And, by the way, it's still raining here too. My front yard is a muddy mess!

Wow and there I was standing in the bottom of a 2 story building at the same time Sue was mentioning earthquakes (about 3 miles from her) and I didn't feel a thing --- HOWEVER, it was pouring down rain and the kids were out running to the cafeteria...too much commotion to be able to tell it! Hope poor little Ferndale is ok....I always worry about them.

Love to everyone.

Jill

Is there any place in the USA where it isn't pouring down rain???? If so, I wanna go there!

Haven't posted in here for a while. This has just been a tough time for me. Just got news tonight that my hubby may lose his job tomorrow. The boss has asked him to come in tomorrow to discuss things. At 65 years old, he will have a tough time finding employment elsewhere. His plan was to retire in 2-3 years. Like many Americans, we are lower middle class and are not wealthy people. He has earned a modest income and we have lived from paycheck to paycheck. He gets a small monthly retirement from his former job, bul will receive nothing from his current employer. I am so full of my own regrets right now, I can barely stand it.

No earthquake here, but I feel like the bottom just dropped out.

Sorry to bring such a negative report.

Love to you all!

Swannie

Oh Swannie, I so sorry to hear that you are dealing with yet another piece of heart-wrenching news. Please know we are here for you in whatever ways we can help, so never feel bad about sharing the news in the SC. Bad news comes to all of us over time, and we want to be available to support you during these times.

The loss of a job a very hard thing to deal with, especially if you're in your sixties. I am 61, and I'm well aware that finding a job, a decent job, at my age does not lean toward the positive side of the job-hunting equation. So many employers are looking for younger and longer term employees that they are not willing to hire people so close to retirement. It puts job-hunting seniors in a real life bind. In addition, the lack of retirement income, etc. makes a job loss so more crucial at these times and in these difficult economic times. I don't have any advice to offer, but I hope others may have information and suggestions that will help you and Bill work through what may be coming.

I will be praying, of course, :) as always. I sincerely believe God has a way in all difficulties.

One thing, I can say, Bonnie is don't let the regrets, any regrets, overwhelm you.

There was a period in time when I really regretted that I never found a nice man to love and share my life with through the years. While I was dealing with that very heavy emotional loss I hit rock bottom because I began to look at my life as a total dead end. To say the least I was depressed over this issue for a long time. However, I slowly recognized that I was looking at the wrong end of the stick. I began to see and to believe that my life was just as precious as any other life in this beautiful world, and I began to Thank God for ever decision I made along the way. Then, I literally stopped wallowing in my regrets! Yes, I do still occasionally spend time evaluating the choices I've made, but only very briefly. It's important to leave the past in the past and to get on with the business of living.

Sorry, Bonnie, I didn't mean to get on a soapbox or into my own life, but I know that regret can have a powerful detrimental effect on living life. I don't desire that for you or Bill. I know you are both facing difficult times and will be hold you both, along with your beloved family and friends, in my heart and prayers. :wuv:

Love GALfriend,

Linda/Beachie

Thanks, Linda. Thanks for the kind words. My regrets are that I did not go after my own career so that I might have contributed financially to my family's needs. I feel very bad that the sole burden has been on my hubby's shoulders.

Complicating things is that Nathan is still basically dependent on us. He's been trying very hard to get his career in music off the ground, but despite several exciting possibilities, nothing has really caught fire for him. The Disney job has been a financial disappointment. Having missed regular employment during the 2 years of his illness, and then trying to start up his own business, Nathan too will have trouble finding work. I have told him that he will have to get a 'regular' job and put his music aside for the time being. He'll still do some composing, but it will have to be more as a hobby than a business.

Anyhow, I am trying to be strong for Bill right now. BTW, I have NEVER had a moment in my marraige when I regretted falling in love and making a life with Bill. I adore the man.

Thanks for the support.

Swannie

Thanks, Linda. Thanks for the kind words. My regrets are that I did not go after my own career so that I might have contributed financially to my family's needs. I feel very bad that the sole burden has been on my hubby's shoulders.

Complicating things is that Nathan is still basically dependent on us. He's been trying very hard to get his career in music off the ground, but despite several exciting possibilities, nothing has really caught fire for him. The Disney job has been a financial disappointment. Having missed regular employment during the 2 years of his illness, and then trying to start up his own business, Nathan too will have trouble finding work. I have told him that he will have to get a 'regular' job and put his music aside for the time being. He'll still do some composing, but it will have to be more as a hobby than a business.

Anyhow, I am trying to be strong for Bill right now. BTW, I have NEVER had a moment in my marraige when I regretted falling in love and making a life with Bill. I adore the man.

Thanks for the support.

Swannie

:hugs:

Dear Heart, I know you have never regretted falling for or marrying Bill. You are so blessed to have found and made a wonderful life with that adorable man.

My life was not so blessed, but I no longer believe that I do not have a beautiful life because I didn't find someone to share the years with me. No more regrets over that issue! I just keep trucking on and finding the blessings that are special to my own life.

You know, I continue to pray for y'all.

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach