Gerard Butler GALS
Songbird

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Right back at ya Diane :) :bearhug:

Happy Valentines Day ya'll! (lol I sound like such a hick :lol: )

Goodness Gal Pals.....Happy Valentine's Day :hearts:

Hugs to all who are sharing serious moments. We have to learn to love ourselves again after so many episodes in our lives, don't we? Happy Valentine's Day to ourselves! :rose:

And oh to be in Rio --- right now!!! Gerry looks like he's really enjoying himself. I think I could even get my knee into a SAMBA kind of mood....looks like fun.

Love ya, ladies.

Jill

Frannie - hope you are feeling better.

Jill - may the attorney be there tomorrow and help your daughter get things rolling in the right direction.

Sue - hugs to you

Barbara - I top am shocked to see you post so much here. Now don't go becoming a stranger again!

Happy Valentines Day and Happy Chinese New Year to everyone.

No rest for the weary this weekend. My sister, her husband and my husband, and I, teamed up to go through all my dad's stuff. Lots of trash, lots of donations and today we went through pictures and papers and shared memories. Tomorrow I have to go pick up my dad's remains and we want to do some sort of special ceremony. I've written the obituary and my sister and I went over it and made some edits to include certain things we remembered mattered to dad, like watching Notre Dame college football. We still have lots to do this week. It is hard for my sister, she is only here maybe once a year and so she always sees the more dramatic changes, whereas I've been here all along, seeing things more gradally change. She has more difficulty with our mom's Alzheimers and the loss of the mothering. I told her today that over the years, being the one here, I've been taking on more of the parental role where both of our parents care is concerned and for her she was still hoping to have one parent with whom to be a child, and that isn't the case. She has a hard time with my not being as emotional as she is but she doesn't realize that if I let that part of me go outside of my private moments I would be a mess and wouldn't get through the things I need to do. Oh well, family dynamics can be strange.

Susan, you are so right about family dynamics being strange, and how many of us end up being

"parents" to our parents. I am so sorry for your loss and all you have had to deal with this last

few months.

Andrea, it was so wonderful and thoughtful of you to share your personal story with all of us in order

to help me help my daughter. I am going to show it to her when I think she would be receptive.

Much has happened this weekend, but all working towards a good ending, even if there will be

plenty of rough times ahead. Mostly, my daughter has realized what a mess she has been and

what a number he has done on her. That is a HUGE hurdle. She as even begun establishing

herself back into her parent role, altho the teen daughter is not as receptive--I think it is all just

really hitting her. Tomorrow is the appt. with the attorney and things will proceed from there.

A new father-daughter relationship is forming between Tara and her father (my husband) and

this is something I think she really needs. So we are hanging in there, will be more stressful

when hubby returns tomorrow from his 4 day tryst with his new lady love. Of course, he has

declared a "separation" as sorts, or as it suits his needs. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have

been sharing stories, sending support and prayers. It means the world to me.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Sure looks like Gerry had a great weekend!!

Hugs to all,

Judy

..... She has a hard time with my not being as emotional as she is but she doesn't realize that if I let that part of me go outside of my private moments I would be a mess and wouldn't get through the things I need to do. Oh well, family dynamics can be strange.[/color]

Sending abundant prayers and *love* to you honey...and a little inner Tawonda when needed...I love youuuu xoxoxo

. She has a hard time with my not being as emotional as she is but she doesn't realize that if I let that part of me go outside of my private moments I would be a mess and wouldn't get through the things I need to do. Oh well, family dynamics can be strange.[/color]

You will continue to be in my prayers. :hugs:

Andrea, it was so wonderful and thoughtful of you to share your personal story with all of us in order

to help me help my daughter. I am going to show it to her when I think she would be receptive.

Much has happened this weekend, but all working towards a good ending, even if there will be

plenty of rough times ahead. Mostly, my daughter has realized what a mess she has been and

what a number he has done on her. That is a HUGE hurdle. She as even begun establishing

herself back into her parent role, altho the teen daughter is not as receptive--I think it is all just

really hitting her. Tomorrow is the appt. with the attorney and things will proceed from there.

A new father-daughter relationship is forming between Tara and her father (my husband) and

this is something I think she really needs. So we are hanging in there, will be more stressful

when hubby returns tomorrow from his 4 day tryst with his new lady love. Of course, he has

declared a "separation" as sorts, or as it suits his needs. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have

been sharing stories, sending support and prayers. It means the world to me.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Sure looks like Gerry had a great weekend!!

Hugs to all,

Judy

You're daughter will continually be in my prayers.She has a hard road ahead of her but she lucky to having a loving family,it really makes a world of difference to have that one constant thing in your world when everything else is turned upside down. With the kids,it'll just take time and consistency.They now have 2 sets of rules. :hugs:

My kids are gone to their Dad's the day,I have to drive down there and get them later.Don't really feel like it,I'm not feeling too well still.Can't shake the cough.

With my business,new rules have come down from the CPSIA and all of my products for children under the age of 12 mons have to be certified BPA free.I don't have a problem with that at all,I'm a parent, I get the concern.However,I've written the companies that produce the yarn I use and nobody is writing back. So,I've had to discontinue all of my baby blankets and toys and hats for children under the age of 12 mons. And have to get new tags to put on the other stuff for 12mons+ that state what year I made it and it's only for children 12 mons and up. And I'm having to find a type of yarn to use that is BPA free...haven't been able to find anything mass produced and had to go look at organics.been over at localharvest.org and looking at angora and wool. It'll be more expensive price wise but it comes straight from the rabbit(hair cut)/sheep/alpaca etc...hand spun and then sent to me. So more reliable as to what it is and is not exposed to. btw for those who have no clue what I'm talking about...I make hats using knitting looms and crochet baby blankets. So,please pray for me as i try to find a solution for that,I have tons of yarn that i'm going to have to now just knit up and give to charity,which I have no problem with,I enjoy doing that more than knitting for profit but it's just...all that yarn!

Anyway,gonna run now,trying to get in touch with the boutique owner that sells my stuff and get some knitting and resting done while my boys are gone today.

Andrea, it does sound like you are handling things as well as you possibly can and I will be

remembering you and your boys in my prayers. You kind words have meant so much and

the suggestions are appreciated as well. There is nothing easy for anyone involved in a

divorce--except in my daughter's case, her husband thought he had her under his thumb

and is finding out she isn't going to let his misbehavior go by. I wish the kids weren't there

but it was suggested a three day on and off for each parent for two weeks. It is hard for

my daughter to leave the girls, altho they aren't afraid of their father.

More snow for a lot of you--we had a really nice sunny day in the low 60's. I am sure the

rain will return in a day or two.

Hugs to all,

Judy

Hi there,

Since several of you were shocked that I wrote in here I thought I would give it another whirl. It snowed again last night in South Jersey. If anyone out there wants to see what an active, house bound, senior citizen looks like come on over - I warn you it isn't a pretty picture. After 37 inches of snow in the past two weeks, the color white is getting to me. I have two matching snow towers on either side of my driveway and all I have to do is aim my car between them. I'm not the best aimer!!! Doctor's appointment today so I will have to venture out. Wish me luck!!! By the way if Gerry gets any hotter looking in Rio he could melt all this snow in no time flat!

Tracey - I didn't mean to leave you out last time - I have you in my thoughts and prayers for some kind of relief for all you have on your plate at the moment. You always seem to be upbeat and are there for everyone else in their time of need - so I'm sure we all wish that for you.

Judy - same here sweetie - you seem to be handling things the best you can - you are very supportive of your girls and your grandaughters.

Frannie - glad you are getting some answers to your on going health issues. You know I wish only the best for you.

Ray - I keep forgetting to tell you how wonderful your drawings are.

Zany - Hoping things are going well for you too!

Becozy - I don't know what I would do without you - you are always there with a helpful answer when I have a problem trying to figuring out something. I'm sure you remember when I didn't even know how to post!

Beachie - Thank you for you wonderful pm - everyone loves to get those kind - it made my day.

Andrea - Hello there - hope to get to know you.

Diane - How's the snow in your neck of the woods?

All for now GALS - need to put on the sleep cap and have a Sweet Gerry Dream! ( I can wish can't I)

Everyone take care and I'll be back!

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Edited by lugerry

Quick check in!

Andrea - feel better honey!

Sue - glad you are ok!

I've been at my brother's since Friday and due to snow fall I'm still here and ready to go home! I'm trying to finalize applying for a job on Friday and with only one computer with internet access it's hard!

:hugs: to you all,

April

Edited by SouthernGirl28

Just in case I forget anybody ....Remember This! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Judy my friend...I knew you were going through a lot Sweetie but didn't know to this extent. One thing I do know your daughter has a very loving and wise Mother and she is lucky to have her family with her during this emotional turmoil in hers as well as the children's lives right now. I think whats making it harder at this time is the fact that it's right around Valentines day....I know my Deb has been having a hard time these past few days more so and she's not dealing with her break up very well at all... Just seems like it's never ending sometimes but somehow and by the grace of God we manage to get through it! I know what you mean when you say you are feeling older! I think I've aged an extra 25 years at least in the last 3 years! I will be praying for you all Hun....except that %$^&^$ of a husband...that is.. that all this is worked out and the end result is a happy one... :kiss:

Susan, I so admire your strength Sweetie, but sometimes one needs to let go ....sit down and have a good Damn cry! It's good for the soul and helps ease the pain. Take time for yourself my friend. I know you have a lot on your plate but there's only one of you. Take care of that person too! :hearts:

Barbara, I'm so glad to see you posting more. I know your PM's usually keep me laughing and I see your sharing some of that humor with the gals... I know they'll enjoy your company as much as I do! Luv Ya my friend!

I know I haven't posted here much myself but I do try and stop in now and then!

Sue....I hope to make it to both too...I can only say now though that NY looks to be a sure bet...Vegas...well you know the problems I'm having now so this is probably less likely! ;)

Gotta get busy and get some work done.. sending BIG squishy {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all!!

BTW...did you hear a Scottish Terrier won the Westminster dog show this year?? :yay:The Scots have it!

:wave: Frannie

Oh Frannie, I'm going to have to start playing the lottery so I can send you to the Mayo clinic or something!!!! :tantrum: I so want you to come to Vegas!

Posted Image (or afternoon or evening) to all my sisters here in the SC.

April...thank you sweetie...

Susan, Posted Image...we all mourn in our own way and that is perfectly normal. You've been a good daughter and I'm sure that both of your parents feel/felt very blessed in having you. Like Frannie said, take care of yourself my friend.

Judy, I know what you are going through hon...hang in there. I'm glad that your daughter has made the decision to stand up for herself and not allow this guy to walk all over her.

Andrea...I visited the website where you are selling your merchandise...I love that one hat (as you can see I bought it)!

hugs,

Sue

Hi there,

Since several of you were shocked that I wrote in here I thought I would give it another whirl. It snowed again last night in South Jersey. If anyone out there wants to see what an active, house bound, senior citizen looks like come on over - I warn you it isn't a pretty picture. After 37 inches of snow in the past two weeks, the color white is getting to me. I have two matching snow towers on either side of my driveway and all I have to do is aim my car between them. I'm not the best aimer!!! Doctor's appointment today so I will have to venture out. Wish me luck!!! By the way if Gerry gets any hotter looking in Rio he could melt all this snow in no time flat!

Diane - How's the snow in your neck of the woods?

:wave: Barbara,

Aren't we all sick of the white white snow that is not melting and not going nowhere for a long time? We got less than you poor dears there--18 inches and then 8 inches on top of that with later a bit of sleet to make it all slick as glass. Now it is all slowing turning to solid ice! You can almost walk on top of the stuff. Hubby and I finally got our longish dive shoveled out and then I had to unbury my poor mailbox so I could get some mail again! The snow and ice was so hard that I just managed to dig out a little square to reach it.

To top it all--are they really saying more snow on Monday night? Aaaaargh! Can't take any more! Gerry, Take me to RIO with you. Sand and sun and WARM!

Ok thanks for letting me vent some. Getting a little cabin crazy!

take care

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

I posted this in the siggy club but I'm going to ask here too.....I need help in making a decision and without my Dan'l here ...I'm stuck! I NEED a fence around my swimming pool because of my grandsons and my son wants me to go with the temporary fencing that can come down later and looks like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

But my other choice is to go with wrought iron like this:

Posted Image

My choice would be easy IF the temporary fence was a whole lot cheaper than the iron fence but I'm not sure that it will be....SOOOOOOO...my question to you is...which would you do?

Here's where my pool is in my backyard from my back door ...if that helps:

Posted Image

Any comments would be appreciated:

hugs,

Sue

Sue, your yard is gorgeous, and I hate the idea of you marring it in any way. However, having a pool in your yard, even though your yard is fenced is considered "an attractive hazard" and you would be liable if a kid climbed over your garden fence and fell in the pool. However, with the locked fence around the pool, not only would your grandbabies be safer, but God forbid if another child were to come into your yard without your permission or knowledge, you would be protected against liability for any accidents. Just make sure to keep the gate locked unless you are in the pool! Besides, the temporary fence is a lot of work and would be less attractive than a permanent one.

What does it say on your homeowner's insurance?

Good luck, sweetie!

Suzie

Thanks Suz....actually my homeowners insurance is good anyway because I meet the safety standards required by having a 7 foot locked gate all around my backyard and I have alarms on my exterior doors (that's really all that's req'd). Both fences say they will provide the extra protection (and of course with Fynn and B2 it is a must in my book) ... the child proof temporary fence is suppose to be even safer from that aspect because it's impossible to climb over. I guess I was just expecting that one to be so much less expensive and now I'm not sure that it's going to be...and I do kinda like the look of the wrought iron. Bryan says if I put up the wrought iron I am going to mess up my whole back yard. When I asked him why he said "well...it will look like something that belongs at a castle and not the welcoming back yard you now have. Of course I gently reminded him that this is my CASTLE! lol

hugs,

Sue

Sue, :D

Your back yard is gorgeous. My cousin in Florida put up the child proof fence for her grandchildren a few years ago and was very happy with it. She now doesn't have to use it now that her grandchildren are grown. I tend to agree with your son that the iron one may be nicer but it will make your yard less inviting to you and that's what counts.

I don't know if this helps you any but you said any input would be appreciated. Good luck on your choice!

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Thanks to all of you for your very kind words. Things here, are on a sort of a "hold" right

now, and not the way I would "play" it, but not my decision, and at least there is the attorney

to give advice, now.

Sue, you have such a beautiful yard and I bet whichever fence you decide to use will look

nice. Safety is such a HUGE issue and it sounds like you have that well covered. Let us know

which fence you choose.

Susan, great advice on mourning at your own pace, in your own way. One of the hardest

parts of getting older is that there are so many more family and friends to mourn. Guess

it is the natural course of things, but it sure can be hard to get through it.

Hope those of you with the extreme weather get a respite soon! Snow is beautiful, but

can cause so much havoc for all. Also will send good thoughts for those of you who have

been ill. We all need some spring weather to make things better.

Big hugs to all--just too many to name individually!

Judy

:wave: everyone! I hope you're all having a good week.

Susan-I know how hard it is to lose a parent. I lost my father in 1996 and my mother in 1999. In my case, my sister was the executrix of our mother's estate, but we both had lots of stuff to deal with including the sale of their home which was in LaPorte, Texas which is a 5hr drive for us. Their house needed lots of repairs before we could sell it, so we had to hire a contractor. My mother's lawyer was in LaPorte also, so we made lots of long-distance calls and trips back and forth to get everything settled. And, as others have said, people grieve in different ways. As my sister and I went through our parents' things we couldn't help but reminisce about old times as we came across different things. Luckily, we didn't fight over who gets what. Anyway, you're in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Sue-May I add my vote for the wrought iron fence. I can't wait to see your beautiful backyard and pool this June! I hope you know I'm bringing my swimsuit! :D

Judy-hugs to you! I hope things work out for your daughter soon.

Hugs to all!

Evening to all my 'girlies'

Isn't the man looking absolutely AMAZING on the beach in Rio? Lord get out the paddles cause someone is going to have to give me a jump start to the heart if he doesn't come home and put on a SHirT! GASP.

Sue - well, fences. I'm thinking a permanent fence if they are close in price. I like the look of the permanent one -- AND -- let's be honest - there could always be younger grandkids than Fynn (I'm thinking B1, Darla's grandkids,....whatever)....also, Fynn is so young. Those fences could/should be up a long time --- upwards or 7 or 8 or even more years.....That's a long time for a 'temporary' fence.....but your call, my friend. What system seems the best to you? I also think that making a gorgeous gate complex and continue Dan's planting with climbing roses or clemantises (sp???)

Ya know --- there is a gorgeous yellow rose --- called Leonidas.....it would be a real addition to the backyard as a hedge wall of roses.....

Just an idea.. :rose:

Jill

Just in case I forget anybody ....Remember This! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Judy my friend...I knew you were going through a lot Sweetie but didn't know to this extent. One thing I do know your daughter has a very loving and wise Mother and she is lucky to have her family with her during this emotional turmoil in hers as well as the children's lives right now. I think whats making it harder at this time is the fact that it's right around Valentines day....I know my Deb has been having a hard time these past few days more so and she's not dealing with her break up very well at all... Just seems like it's never ending sometimes but somehow and by the grace of God we manage to get through it! I know what you mean when you say you are feeling older! I think I've aged an extra 25 years at least in the last 3 years! I will be praying for you all Hun....except that %$^&^$ of a husband...that is.. that all this is worked out and the end result is a happy one... :kiss:

Susan, I so admire your strength Sweetie, but sometimes one needs to let go ....sit down and have a good Damn cry! It's good for the soul and helps ease the pain. Take time for yourself my friend. I know you have a lot on your plate but there's only one of you. Take care of that person too! :hearts:

Barbara, I'm so glad to see you posting more. I know your PM's usually keep me laughing and I see your sharing some of that humor with the gals... I know they'll enjoy your company as much as I do! Luv Ya my friend!

I know I haven't posted here much myself but I do try and stop in now and then!

Sue....I hope to make it to both too...I can only say now though that NY looks to be a sure bet...Vegas...well you know the problems I'm having now so this is probably less likely! ;)

Gotta get busy and get some work done.. sending BIG squishy {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all!!

BTW...did you hear a Scottish Terrier won the Westminster dog show this year?? :yay:The Scots have it!

:wave: Frannie

Yes, it was nice to see the scotty win.....cutey.

I also read that the winner of the " date with Gerry" contest donated the date to one of the KKC kids.......thought that was generous.

Edited by Scotchy's Admirer

Quick check in!

Andrea - feel better honey!

Sue - glad you are ok!

I've been at my brother's since Friday and due to snow fall I'm still here and ready to go home! I'm trying to finalize applying for a job on Friday and with only one computer with internet access it's hard!

:hugs: to you all,

April

I am still trying to get better.I went back to the dr. yesterday and I still am battling a bad case of bronchitus,they are going to send me on to a pulmonologist to try to get things sorted out.I had pneumonia back in Dec. '08 because someone naming no names wouldn't let me go to the dr. till it was too late and I've had issues ever since.So I am going to see the specialist and I am looking into energy work and herbal methods to try to bolster the strength of my lungs.

Andrea...I visited the website where you are selling your merchandise...I love that one hat (as you can see I bought it)!

hugs,

Sue[/color][/b]

I'm glad you like it :) That is my project for today.(the boys are gone for the weekend)

I posted this in the siggy club but I'm going to ask here too.....I need help in making a decision and without my Dan'l here ...I'm stuck! I NEED a fence around my swimming pool because of my grandsons and my son wants me to go with the temporary fencing that can come down later and looks like this:

Any comments would be appreciated:

hugs,

Sue

I would go with the wrought iron, and like someone said,you can grow flowers on it...would deter anyone trying to climb it :lol: Also as the mother of 2 very mischievous,active little boys( I was told when they were born...dimple on the chin,mischief within ;) )...no fence is climb proof. But thorns would be a deterent.

Sorry I haven't been around alot the last 3 days or so....with my being sick and E going back to school...plus we've got an issue with his Dad...I've had alot on my plate. If ya'll would please keep my precious boys in your prayers,safety wise.Their Dad who isn't the most safety minded person in the world has decided to rent a 3rd floor apartment with a balcony.(stairs no elevator) And honestly it's got me absolutely terrified. He's so much into doing what he wants and what gives him "status" that he doesn't really consider the child appropriateness of the situation. If he were someone viligant about safety and if the boys were older(they are 2 1/2 and 3) it wouldn't be such a big deal.But their ages plus his history of not paying attention scares me. I'm hoping after the first weekend of trying to carry a 2 yr old,hold a 3 yr olds hand and carry their suitecase etc...up 3 flights of stairs, it will compell him to ask to be moved to an apartment close to the ground. I hope.

regarding the winner of the date donating it...I think that is great...whomever he/she is...that was a very generous thing to do.Bravo!

Andrea, you certainly have my prayers and good thoughts for you and for your boys. It

must be unbearable to have to turn your boys over to someone you can't trust. It is hard

for me with my grandaughters being 10 & 14 and I can't imagine having these worries when

they were small. I hope you get your pulmonary problems checked out and treated, it

is certainly hard to cope with much of anything when you are not feeling well. Also, somewhere

along the way, I missed out on your website and I don't know what you have for sale!!

Weekend greetings to everyone else.

Hugs,

Judy

Andrea,

I will be praying for your precious boy's protection and for your comfort....this must be so hard for you.

Elissa, you had better! My plans for Sunday night when we get home are margarita's and a dip in the pool! (oh, I'd better think about feeding you two as well....lol)...ok, food, margarita's and swimming...how's that?

love and hugs,

Sue