Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
terezoulini

Burns poster

Look what they have at gb.net!

http://www.gerard-butler.net/gallery/v/car.../burns.jpg.html

1. For a moment I thought it was Ralph Fiennes. :-)

2. OK, he definitely has someone reading the posts here because this is the only way one can explain the scruff! :-) All the pictures that I've seen of Burns depict him with a clean shave and sideburns. This is cheating! :-)

3. Darn he looks gorgeous, I can't win! :-)

Theresa

P.S. This poster can mean only one thing: Burns is on ladies! I can't wait for the Glasgow premiere, or Edinbourg will be fine, anything in Scotland really, how about the local cinema society in Comrie! :-)

Edited by terezoulini

I really love this poster. He looks......wicked.......in a good way. :)

I heart my scruffy Scotsman!!! :wuv:

I saw that this morning at this site filmsinprep not sure if its an official poster or not, hard to say.

But I do love that pic. sexah as hell

Edited by MareksLadyD

OMG.....I am TOAST!!!!!

I had added that to the Burns informational thread on Jan. 25 (link here )

but didn't add it to the Gallery, as it was listed as a 'temp' poster on the originating site...

A great improvement on the earlier posters ... and making good use of a quote from one of most famous works of Burns ... A Man's a Man.

OMFGJB! :heat: That- is tape to the ceiling above my bed worthy. Not that I would...... :flee:

Edited by ready2fly

I hate to rain on everyone's Burns parade, but when you click on the link that MareksLadyD provided, which is the one I saw it on last night, it says "production to begin 2009". That tells me that this is an old notification? Also, that's an old pic of Gerry they used. Kinda looks like from around this time: http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/borden02/13.jpg.html

I hope beyond hope this gets done, but I wouldn't get too excited over seeing this poster as it seems to be something put together to possibly garner backing.

It is gorgeous nonetheless.

You're not raining on my parade Lisa. I just like the poster and I had noticed the similarity to the Borden shoot, as well.

I didn't take it as a sign. I'm at the wait until someone makes an announcement and they start fiilming stage. :)

At least it has a new, young and energetic, production team and somebody is trying to promote it. I, too, am not holding my breath until they actually start shooting, but this IS a good sign. A sign of a more professional promotion and pre-production than we've seen for a long time.

jane

Oh no I can't get onto that link to see it but if it was an old one; I've already seen it...But please say it will be produced some time soon?

Just a quick note...Although he has the scruff in the poster unfortunately I don't think it means he will if and when he does Burns since that is just temp poster! :unsure: And he did say that Burns is still going to happen but just don't know when?! We can all just hope ...SOON! :cunning: The poster is "HOT" though.

Frannie

Just a quick note...Although he has the scruff in the poster unfortunately I don't think it means he will if and when he does Burns since that is just temp poster! :unsure: And he did say that Burns is still going to happen but just don't know when?! We can all just hope ...SOON! :cunning: The poster is "HOT" though.

Frannie

Yes, Frannie, HOT!!!

Oh no I can't get onto that link to see it but if it was an old one; I've already seen it...But please say it will be produced some time soon?

The poster is in the gallery now, May.

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/roles/burns...R+temp.jpg.html

:wuv: Thank-you Rendita! He is so hot when he is playing a true Scot..

Frannie

You're right Frannie. There's no telling what look they will eventually use (fingers crossed). Remember the early poster for LAC had Gerry w/ a full beard.

Robert Burns died when he was 37. They had better not wait too long to make this movie or Gerry will be too old. I can see the critics now. Gerard Butler is too old to play Robert Burns. :tantrum:

~HUGS~ Kathy

But you lived a harder life then Kathy, so I think he's good for a few more years at least.

Aww, darn. I clicked here thinking some set-in-concrete news. No matter, though. As long as the movie gets made, I'm happy. That is a beautiful poster though - official or not. :drool1: