Gerard Butler GALS

Kid Kicking Cancer Video

Swansong

Gerry is on at the end, but watch the whole thing: http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/02/gerard-b...ney-for-cancer/

Hollywood heartthrob Gerard Butler is using his celeb status as a platform to stretch his philanthropic arm. The actor is teaming up with the non-profit organization Kids Kicking Cancer to raise money, awareness and empower children who are suffering from various cancers. Gerard is offering up a date to a lucky fan who donates to the organization!

Other prizes include reserved seats at a premiere or a visit to one of his movie sets.

All raffles are awarded by Gerard’s fan site for anyone making a $20donation to Gerry’s Kids Kicking Cancer program.

Wow. :wuv: Beautiful children who are more brave than I could ever hope to be. I'm so proud that Gerry is connected with this organization, and that I can do my small part as well with him.

Thanks, Swannie.

Edited by phoenixgirl

Thanks Swannie. Seeing these kids smiling no matter how sick they are....just tugs at my heart! KKC is right up there with St. Judes for me! I'll most likely make one more donation next week...I wish I could do more but I guess every little bit counts!

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

That powerful video knocked the slats out from under me. I am so proud of the work Gerry has been doing with this organization and for those children. Every one of them is a hero, and so is Gerry.

Suzie

BTW: If anyone was wondering about that gorgeous music, it was the from a movie called "The Island" with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johanssen. Fair movie, awesome music!

I am moved to tears from that video. Those kids are just fantastic to be doing what they are. It's incredible and yes, it's empowering. I had to pause several times to just be able to concetrate. For Gerry to be a part of something so special, is just another list that adds to the one of the many reasons I adore him. It's inexplainable, and I'm so proud that so many others have just as much heart.

Thank you for showing us this, Swannie. Really, it was a treasure to watch. Tough, but moving indefinitely.

I put it on facebook wall after i wiped my eyes. If we all spread the news, maybe the money will go over $50,000 for the kids. That would be awesome!

wow. that was so impressive. I've heard about KKC but to see those kids and to see what it means to them, brought me to tears.

I'm putting it on my Facebook page, because I think more people should be aware of this. Looks like it´s a US charity only, it would be so great if they would expand this to other parts of the world. So many kids could benefit from this. Who knows, one day. ;)

Go Gerry for being involved with this charity :wuv:

Kids are braver than us adults. Most of these kids probably have known little else in their life because they caught it at an early age and it becomes a part of their life and they just get on with it - no mumping and moaning. Nobody deserves to get this horrible disease but it seems so unfair when little kids with their whole life ahead of them are struck down with it. Its sad that in this day and age we have not found a cure yet. This is such a worthwhile cause

Moira