Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

Question about gal/pal "name" reduction

Question. I just saw the new requirement to reduce the gal/pal "name" in the left column to five lines and when I looked at mine, it had already been reduced before I could fix it myself. I notice some are still long and mine was not one of the longer ones. Not that it's a big deal but why was that? Enquiring minds want to know!

Delene

Delene ~

I really don't know why some names are still longer than 75 characters. I have changed the amount of characters in the Administrative Control Panel and it should force everyone to limit their name, but it's not something we've done before, so I'm unsure as to why some names would stay beyond the 75 character limit and some wouldn't.

Sorry I couldn't help out more.

:hugs:

~ D

Dr. Em. :D

I followed Susan directions to shorten mine by one line and it won't let me do it. It tells me I have added too much info. Only me this could happen too!!!

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Delene ~

I really don't know why some names are still longer than 75 characters. I have changed the amount of characters in the Administrative Control Panel and it should force everyone to limit their name, but it's not something we've done before, so I'm unsure as to why some names would stay beyond the 75 character limit and some wouldn't.

Sorry I couldn't help out more.

~ D

Like I said, it's no big deal really. Sometimes less is more anyway.

Thanks for the explanation.

Delene :wave:

I didn't realize that we needed to shorten our GALS names, and mine was still showing the longer one that I had. I went in and shortened mine a few minutes ago.

Barb, my first attempts to shorten to 5 lines also said my input was still too long. I had to take it down to under 75 characters, including commas for it to accept mine.

I'll bring this back up to the MS. 5 lines will exceed the 75 spaces. I'm confussled too.

Barbara,

I too had the same issue, until I kept tweaking and removing content. It will finally work if you remove some more characters.

Katie

Thanks Elissa & Katie - I was successful!!!

Hugs, Barbara