Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome - GALS Continued

Dr. Em

Welcome to Floor #42 of the GALS Support Center - only 27 floors to go to reach 69!!

The Heart & Soul Floor. What is it you see in Gerry’s Heart & Soul? The heart of a man who would take time from his own life to call Bethy on Christmas Day because he knew she needed it? The soul of a man who portrays each character with passion and a depth of emotion that rivals few? Tell us what it is you see about Gerry.

Floors 1-16 are under re-construction!

Wet & Wild - Floor #17 (Slippery When Wet!)

Huggie Bear - Kissie Face - Flooor #18

Vanilla Dreams - #Floor 19

How Kinky Can You Get With Gerry From the Neck Up - Floor #20

Gerry in Black - Floor #21

A Treasure Chest of Goodies! - Floor #22

What would YOU do with the Yellow Towel? - Floor #23

The Fruity Floor - Floor #24

Gerry's Feat of Nature - Floor #25

Gerry - The Phantom Lover - Floor #26

Romantic Marek - Marek Madness! - Floor #27

Dracula - Dead and Loving It! - Floor #28

Gerry’s Luxuriously Luscious Locks! - Floor #29

Our Dark Desires - Floor #30

Floor #31 - Kilty Pleasures

Floor #32 - Happy Birthday Gerry!

Floor #33 - Thanksgiving

Floor #34 - I’m Dreaming of a Very Gerry Christmas!

Floor #35 - The Twelve Nights of Gerry

Floor #36 - Naughty or Nice

Floor #37 - 300 Reasons to Love the New Year

Floor #38 - Remember Your First Time (POTO)

Floor #39 - The Stranger Floor - We're All Connected

Floor #40 - The Terry Floor - Get the Kinks Out!

Now back to our Therapy!!!

Yes! This is our NEW Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GB.net...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the Tart next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Dr. Em

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a man who is so thoughtful and kind to take time from his own day to stop and chat with fans who were not allowed into a show taping. I see a man who will stand in the rain to give his fans some of his time. I see a man who will take time from his holiday family gathering to speak on the phone with someone who needed to hear his voice.

I see a man who can pour his entire being into a character so that he becomes that character. For a short time in his lifer he actually IS someone else. He is a disfigured genius, a plundering barbarian, a father, a raider of artifacts, an archaeologist, a soldier, a stranger, a recovering alcoholic juror, a drug lord, a vampire, a king...

I see a man with a heart as big as the world. I see Gerry.

:gerrygasm:

hello everyone-

I love this floor. What a great idea to post about the man's heart and soul. I see a man who does a lot for his fans. I see a man who gives kisses and hugs and I have heard from the lucky few that when he looks at you it is as if you are the only one in the room. I see a man who through his passion has inspired many others to do more and be more. I see a man who is amazing and yet ordinary. A man who is strong yet vunerable. And all these things make me love him even more.

By the way- CONGRATS GALS on you successful charity drive and mention in the media. :clap:

Holy Heck! Chaos has broken through in my house. I have been trying to get everything done today that I didn't do yesterday. I was on the phone with my cousin who is having a hard time with her husband, my cell phone was ringing at the same time, I was walking around with a phone on each ear, then the call waiting goes off on the house phone that I am talking to my cousin on, Erica showed up to get her mail, the cat knocked all kinds of stuff off the counter, the smoke detector started screaming because I burnt my toast.........What the heck is going on today? :confused:

Alisha pretty much summed everything up about Gerry in the first post. I can't presume to know much about him in his life but what I have seen has shown me that he has a heart of gold. I met a local Chicago celebrity once while walking down Michigan Ave. I stopped him and said "Aren't you ?????." He looked at me and said "What do you think?" and kept on walking. I will never forget that moment. I thought how could someone who expects me to watch him on tv be so arrogant. I can't ever imagine Gerry being that way. I think his heart and soul overflow from him and you can see both in his eyes. Each charecter he has played has captured my heart. But more importantly, the person that he is captured my soul. He reached in and touched my heart and soul like no one has ever done before. I wish the best for him and hope that he finds the happiness that he deserves. I wish him success and a life filled with all of the love that he deserves.

I'm sure I will come up with more later but my brain is on overload right now from all of the chaos.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Of all the arrogancy! I'm sure that Gerry would never act like that around a fan! Sure, he's human and does get annoyed when people start acting moronic, but from what I've heard and seen, he is genuinely interested in his fans and is close to his family. The way he treats his mum is a sure sign that he respects women and does not degrade them. I love the way he throws himself into his characters and actually seems to feel what they feel. I love every single one of his performances, even if the movie itself is not very good. I love him! :inlove:

Abrock: :shocked: what's this about you not sleeping!? What a huge bummer! Well, just get through today and then take a huge snooze!

Bethy: I hope that your mom is comfortable and that what happens is for the best :comfort:

Afternoon Gals (Evening Sofie)

Just putzing around for a while today, might do a road trip in a while. Then again might wait until tomorrow so I have more time. I'm looking at my long nails and mourning, 'cause I know in two weeks they're going to start breaking off, but i can't bring myself to cut them.

Suz, you mean Brent didn't tell you????

Lish....what you said, pairfect.

Heart and soul huh? Gerry is kind, thoughtful, generous and lacking in pretensions. While still being so considerate of his fans, he is still so genuine and human, nothing fake about him. That is what endears him to me the most. He brings emotion to characters, that shines through in any film, and his love for his work is obvious. In short, Gerry is the MAN.

Dawn

Good evening GALS,

Yet another week has begun.

Suz- We were not hitting on him , it was just great fun but you know that LOL

When I look at Gerry's heart and soul : I see a man who is generous, who is interested when someone is talking to him, makes time for his fans (ex:Bethy's call). But on the other side he is also human which comes with good sides and bad sides. We havn't seen his bad character yet but he has that , he is a human after all. He is one of the few celebrities who cares about his fans and understand that is us who go and watch his films not the critics.

Edited by sofietje

What is it I see?

The Heart of a man...Portrayed in a glance, a single word, a nuance, or a smile, or possibly a frown...when I look at him, wether speaking, singing, alone or in silence, I see a man of emotion, of passion...I see intensity, and great talent and true heart of gold!

Hi Gals!

Since most people check in here, I thought this would be a good place to post this. We are putting out a

Call For New Writers!!!!

I'm posting this because we have sooo many new members, and we're hoping to encourage some of them, (and even some of you who aren't so new), to write.

We have a great fanfic section here. Regular fanfiction and Round Robins, in the main forum, and in the over 18 section.

Since I am a writer for Ethan and Charlotte, this is the one I'd love to see some new people join. It's in the over 18 section.

This story is a round robin, and the way it works is someone writes, and when they're done another person picks up where they left off. Sometimes, like now, we have a story arc going where groups of us are working together, but we always welcome new writers.

All we ask it that you read the round robin guidelines, and the reference guide that Susan~Sporran has taken the time to put together so you can familiarize yourself with the characters and story. We even have pictures of who we have in mind for our characters.

Don't be shy! You may surprise yourself! There are several of us who never did any writing before this!

I writing isn't your thing, remember to go exploring. Gals has something for everone!

Morning GALS

Fred is at kindy so a day alone today!

I'll have to go back and check on the last posts of the other floor too.

Fred? what happened to Alex?

Abrock: :shocked: what's this about you not sleeping!? What a huge bummer! Well, just get through today and then take a huge snooze!

Yeeeeah, it was quite the night! Lying there...getting up...doing something...lying there...getting up again...

At about 5 am, I decided to finally just get ready for the day! :angry:

Suz- I agree with Mousie, of all the arrogancy! Stoopid typical Hollywood types.

When I see Gerry, I see a very NON-typical Hollywood type. I see a man who has let his life experiences enhance his already rich talent, I see a man who is different in every role he plays. I'm STILL amazed at the difference between the character of Terry and the one of the Stranger. They both had leather jackets. Their haircut was the same. Salt and peppered temples. Both using a Scottish accent. But two completely, different men. Amazing.

And his EYES. The more said about those the better. So few actors these days can produce pages of script-writing with just one look. I find myself watching other male actors, some that are "big stars"...and honestly, some of them I just can't figure out for the life of me WHY they're so popular! *rolls eyes*

Anyway. Much more that I see, but I'm still very tired, so...until then. :smile:

~Mel

Ouch Abrock, sorry you've been having trouble sleeping. I am off from work in just a few gals and my eyes are burning out of my gore so I'm plannong on resting them because I can't rest yet....still have to go to karate, hubby will have fits if I ask to stay home being its only two nights per week, and then, I have to work from 8:30-10 pm tonight at my other job. I think I need some coffee....Now.

*Yawn*

I'm off for now!

Morning GALS

Fred is what I call my mum! She calls me George. lol.

LOL! :lol: Both my Boys answer to "Fred" I don't know where it came from.... sometimes when I want them both I'll just yell "Freeeeeeeeeeeeeed"and the big one and the small one come running.

Morning GALS

Fred is what I call my mum! She calls me George. lol.

LOL! :lol: Both my Boys answer to "Fred" I don't know where it came from.... sometimes when I want them both I'll just yell "Freeeeeeeeeeeeeed"and the big one and the small one come running.
How cute.

That's so funny. lol. I used to manage a store, and had a lot of teenagers working for me at one time. If I couldn't grasp a name quickly, I'd say, "face". The scary thing is, the right one always answered. lol

With my mum, when I was younger and we were in public, I'd say, "mom. mom." she wouldn't answer, so I'd say "Carol!" she'd look at me and say "don't call me Carol!" So, I finally started calling her Fred.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm too tired to write much, but Abs, I agree with you, he can express more with his eyes and just with his face, than pages of script ever could. He puts his heart and soul in every performance he gives.

Thats funny Mish!

And as for you GALS not sleeping - geez! How do you survive?? I LOVE and NEED my sleep!

Posted Image <--------- Me with no sleep.

Well, it's all very complicated having to do with this med I'm on...I was taken off it for a few days because of this huge insurance company debacle....!! :angry: *ahem* Anyway, it helps keep me awake during the day. Ever since I was about 12, I started taking regular naps in the middle of the day. So, this med helps that. But the first week or two, heavy insomnia. Then it pans out. But that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been forced to be off it for a few days! :angry: again.

Oh, and Sarah...I am very much like that today. And I'm so friggin' emotional, too! It's bad.

Abrock, I know what you mean about being so emotional when you are tired. I am so tired I have had tears streaming down my face most of the day. I don't like feeling like this, but there is nothing I can do about it. I hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Ooooooh, I'll take a hug from ALL those boys, thank you Sarah! ::D: :Draculababy: mmmmm, "brilliant."

Oh gosh, Suz...after reading what sorta day you've had, I dinna blame ya! :depressed:

I'm going home after work, eating dinner, maybe watch one of the DVDs I bought over the weekend (I bought three at Target...all were under 8 bucks!) and then I'm konking out..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz