Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome - GALS Continued

Dr. Em

Oh my Gabriel.... I didn't notice until now that you are a Pal! We have a guy in the support center ladies! Welcome to Gals, Gabriel... Are you a Gerry fan, or do you just like hanging out with a lot of crazy lusty kind hearted women?

Swan

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t, a PAL!

*tackle squish hug*

I love giving those to men. :cunning:

Mum's just gone in to the doctor...I really hope they have her test results back! Getting frustrating wondering...much more so for her.

Hello girls (and guys!!!),

Ok, so I have to admit to neglecting my GALS for a few days. Scotland (and leaving Scotland) just kinda knocked me on my keyster!

Not only the jetlag, unpacking (yeah, right), and leaving the country that I LOVE and my girls, but the whole sha-bang. I guess I didn't expect to be this moved. Most of you know that I have never met Gerry personally, so up until meeting his family, I guess Gerry was mostly just the sum of the movies, my fellow fans, and the all the interviews I could take in. Ya know how you know something is real, but it just doesn't dawn on you until it smacks you in the face? Well, that's me. I guess I thought that as much as he did nice things for us, that he affected us much more than we affected him. I am amazed and humbled to find out though, through his calls, his video, his donations (if you haven't seen it yet, the man MATCHED the funds raised at the Glasgow con for CLIC Sargent, which was something like $10,000), even his family, that he is very affected by our support as well. Now, I know we can't possibly know everything about the man (hello, especially me, I've never even met him), but as you girls were listing before, there are some things that we see in his soul because he gives so freely of it:

I see a man who is so thoughtful and kind to take time from his own day to stop and chat with fans who were not allowed into a show taping. I see a man who will stand in the rain to give his fans some of his time. I see a man who will take time from his holiday family gathering to speak on the phone with someone who needed to hear his voice.

I see a man who can pour his entire being into a character so that he becomes that character. For a short time in his lifer he actually IS someone else. He is a disfigured genius, a plundering barbarian, a father, a raider of artifacts, an archaeologist, a soldier, a stranger, a recovering alcoholic juror, a drug lord, a vampire, a king...

I see a man with a heart as big as the world. I see Gerry.

Well said Lish!

Gerry seems more often than others to allow himself to be transparent. It seems he allows himself to be surprised by life, unlike so many other stars who are jaded and wary. He doesn't lord his celebrity over others, but uses it to help or comfort others if he can. He allows his heart to be touched by his fans, and gives in kind, unlike some who disdain their fanbase. His compassion touches so many of his fans, whether they be the personal recipients or on-lookers. To coin a phrase from DF, he really does make us all feel connected.

Lovely Beans! I know what you mean about the actors that think they're there to "play" a character, to entertain an audience, whom they view with much less respect than those in the theater. Well, the whole reason that we respond so well to Gerry is that he's LIVING his roles, and we can see that. That's why I love the quote that he did that goes something like "if you live a role, sometimes the audience will jump right in there with you" (forgive me for not knowing it exactly....

What a wonderful topic to return home to because after my trip I feel I have an even deeper appreciation and understanding of the heart and soul of this wonderful man.

From meeting his family I see that the charm and warmth and concern are not just part of his public persona because each and every one of them was the same, and they are none of them public people. He comes from a family of loving, caring, demonstrative people and he is as they are.

From meeting the other fans who love this man as I do I see his heart and soul reflected in so many of them. He touches our lives, he touches our hearts, in a way that no other actor has (at least for most of us). He gives to us and we give back to him, we appreciate him, his art, his creativity, his intelligence, his generosity, his beauty (inside and out), his humor - and he appreciates the love and support we give to him, and now to his family as well. He may believe he has the best fans in the world (I believe that too) but he is also the most deserving of it as well. Sometimes I just feel like we are all giving him a huge cyber hug, all at once, and he is hugging each of us back.

Susan - I couldn't agree more! His family was SO giving! Their time, their stories, their hearts were shared with us for a few hours. I was amazed by how his Mom has the same talking quality as Gerry is said to have - she makes you feel like you're the only person in the room. When I told her about Bethy's call (I didn't know if she knew or not, but I thought she and Gerry's Step-Dad should), she was going to cry, which made me want to cry. She just said that whatever else he is, he's always been thoughtful and had a kind heart, and always tried to be generous with his heart to other people. I just found out about him matching the CLIC Con donation...I swear, I'm having that man's babies..........LOL!

But also his sense of humor, and the dark side that Andrea mentioned when asked about his most overlooked quality (yes, Carrie, I totally asked!!!!!), I think those are also very big factors to his soul. Sometimes I think that there's still a lot of little boy in Gerry, in good and not-so-good ways. But the truth is that I love it, all of it. The summation is really quite endearing and fantastic. I just hope we all get to know a LOT more about his soul!

I'll post my Scotland stories (although they're probably just like Susan's) in a bit, I guess I was just a bit overwhelmed by Gerry himself, even though we didn't physically meet him, I felt like he was just so much more real, more present, more amazing to me (and I didn't honestly know that was possible). Ok, allright, so I've got an audition and I need to get on my way! Hopefully I'll check in tonight and listen to Bethy's singing!

Woot!

Do they really say that in Scotland Susan?

And Swan...they absolutely do say "Oh Aye" in Scotland! Also a lot of "Aye, right" going on. The "dinna" and "canna" thing is true, but I didn't hear a whole lot of "ken".

Later babes!

jen

Hi Beachie, I will add your mother to my prayers. Have a good night at work.

I don't have an update on the mouse as he is MIA. I imagine he will show his tail right around the time I try to fall asleep. I am determined! Actually, I am just grossed out. The thought of him running around my bedroom is enough to drive me INSANE! I don't understand, I am such a clean freak. Why do I have a mouse? I have 2 fat cats that won't get off their lazy butts to help me out here.

Ok, something exciting needs to happen in my life as I am driven to spending my days dwelling on a mouse. I think I need a vacation.

:mopboyerik:

Ye ma want tae try ah wee bit o pur peppermint oil.

Ah few drap's mell wi watter gorroch in ah spray bottle, an hit the area whaur thay track an thay will gae awa.

For whit e'er grund, thay dae no like peppermint oil.

It warked for me.

Gabriel..

Thank you for the advice Gabriel. You all probably think I am a nut case being so obsessed with this mouse don't you? I think it is because he kept me up ALL night and I am desperate for sleep. I think when I catch him I will put him in a box and every time the little sucker nods off to sleep I will poke him with a toothpick and wake his a** up. GRRRR!

Thanks for putting up with my rantings!

Oh my Gabriel.... I didn't notice until now that you are a Pal! We have a guy in the support center ladies! Welcome to Gals, Gabriel... Are you a Gerry fan, or do you just like hanging out with a lot of crazy lusty kind hearted women?

Swan

This bein Americae :mopboyerik:

Whay ca a hiv it aw aye???

:cunning:

Swan

AYE!

Swan

AYE!

Oh Ay......

Well well well, ladies, this floor is hopping today (or is it squeaking... anyone else see Suz's mouse around here? Love ya Suz!!!)

Swan... so glad I was able to help with my comments the other day - thanks for taking it as it was meant. I just want you to be happy, hon! Smooches.

Jen -- There ya are, wooman!!! Hugs to ya! Down from cloud Scotland yet? I bet not. Can't wait to go myself.

Beachie - missed you too, hon! Glad you're feeling better today, but I'll definitely pray for your mom.

Abrock - keep us updated, hon. Have you made that nice mosaic from all your broken dishes yet? :bleh:

Gabriel - glad you found the support floor. Welcome aboard!

Well, ladies... news from me is that I finished the last day of my old job today. I'm free as a bird now to persue my new endevours. I'm excited, but also a bit terrified... all those old insecurities popping up, wondering what on earth I'll do if it doesn't work out. And does it sound strange that I'm also worried that things WILL work out well? Yuh... I really can be twisted sometimes, and it worries me. :bleh: Needing a shot of confidence here.... :kisswink:

Well well well, ladies, this floor is hopping today (or is it squeaking... anyone else see

Well, ladies... news from me is that I finished the last day of my old job today. I'm free as a bird now to persue my new endevours. I'm excited, but also a bit terrified... all those old insecurities popping up, wondering what on earth I'll do if it doesn't work out. And does it sound strange that I'm also worried that things WILL work out well? Yuh... I really can be twisted sometimes, and it worries me. :bleh: Needing a shot of confidence here.... :kisswink:

Yeah Beans! Congratulations! Things will be wonderful, trust me! Love you! (tnlw) ::D:

*mulling over translation*

Why can't I have it all? Is that it? If so, no reason. ::D:

Ay...

Guild hen, ye did fine.

Well well well, ladies, this floor is hopping today (or is it squeaking... anyone else see

Yeah Beans! Congratulations! Things will be wonderful, trust me! Love you! (tnlw) ::D:

Ay...

Beans, the warld is like caller pudding!

Gif ye want tae knaw hou guild its gaun tae be ye hiv taw tak ah bit.

Guild luck.

Aw will be fine.

Gabriel...

Edited by Gabriel

Beanie, congrats on finishing work. You will do great whatever you do next in life. What are your plans? I know you will be traveling. Anything else planned in the future? What about acting? Fill us in.

Gabriel... I've no idea how old you are hon, but you'd better watch it, cuz with that Scottish accent and charm, the ladies will all be crushing on you!

And yes of course, you CAN have it all!

Beanie... I will be excited to hear about the next step of your journey! (and I will be praying for you too)

Swan

Edited by Swansong

Thanks for your (overwhelmingly quick!) support everyone. Ok, I am crying now. God help me.

Yes, I am going back into my acting career. Lots of steps to take towards that before I can expect the payoff, but my way officially cleared today to start doing that. I know in my heart I can do this, and that it is what I'm meant to do... but that still doesn't make the first steps any easier or less scary. Sometimes I need to be pushed a bit. Thanks for doing some of that.

Oh, and yeah, Dr Em... especially thanks to you for giving me a BIG push and talking me into doing GBcast, even though I gave you a hard time about it. Love ya. :kisswink:

Beans - you'll be fine! You have the love and support of a wonderful man. (I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous) Plus, you always succeed - just look how great you were on GBCast!

Suz - maybe the cats brought the mousie in. Thats what my cat does all the time.

Beans - you'll be fine! You have the love and support of a wonderful man. (I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous) Plus, you always succeed - just look how great you were on GBCast!

Suz - maybe the cats brought the mousie in. Thats what my cat does all the time.

They are indoor cats. Noelle(my black cat) got out several days ago but I found her and brought her in and she did not have a mouse.

*Looks around* There are no admins or mods around! Let's go CRAZY! Party with the mop boys! :mopboyattila: :stranger: :mopboymarek: :Draculababy: :KingLeosheadicon: :mopboyreddeath:

:headspin: :dance3: :headspin: :dance3:

Drinks all around! Name your poison.

Quick Hello

Beanie: of course you will make it. We are all here for ya lassie.

Gabriel: A Pal, WOW. How great. I love you accent!

Suz: Maybe you frightened the poor little thing to death with your death wishes. Hope it lets you sleep tonight.

Swan: Hello - not much to say but I always love reading your posts.

Everyone else, love ya and till later

My back is aching like the buggery this morning. Must be too much time sitting right here!

Sorry that your back is acting up Sarah...but I do have to admit that I giggled a bit at your description......to quote Craig Ferguson...."doooon't say it....don't say it!" LOL! I am SO not touching that!!!!! :lalala:

Gerry's most overlooked quality? Jen, could you elaborate on Andrea's comments? I guess I have somehow missed that. I am fascinated with all the facets of Gerry.

Swan

Ok, so I was talking with Carrie and some others, and basically it came down to us thinking that although we can know a lot about Gerry, that there were probably some parts of him that we didn't see, so I said that I'd ask. So basically, the question during our Q & A session with Andrea Gibb (among my other four questions), was: What facet of Gerry's personality is most often overlooked? She thought about that a moment, and said that while Gerry is definitely a showman, always ready to go in his work, full of energy, very giving, and has a ready sense of humor, that the his most overlooked quality was his pensive, brooding, dark side that came through in his discussion of the Stranger's part in DF and the backstory that he thought up for The Stranger (even though she didn't elaborate on that...dang it!), and how it was shown in his own reaction to the Father-son dynamic of the movie and his life. Basically she just said it was the quieter, yet deeper side of his personality. Susan, if you heard anything else, I can't remember anything, so feel free to correct me, but that's what I got.

I had a feeling that that was going to be her answer, but still, I wanted to ask the question to see what someone that had spent a lot of time with him thought. I wish I could have asked his Mum, but we didn't have that kind of time, and I wasn't in the right frame of mind then either.

I know what you mean about being fascinated with all the different sides of the man...he's just so human and complex that he amazes me.

And no Beans, definitely not down off of the cloud yet! But seriously, congratulations from the bottom of my heart about moving on from your job and getting back to acting :clap: . Feel free to throw advice to us struggling actors now and again! Really, I feel that that bravery might be the only thing that I lack when it comes time for me to make the move. First I need to save up the money, but after that, if I lose my nerve, I'm the only one screwing myself up and it's only fear....you're my idol! If I didn't know better (and for Jeff's sake), I'd say you had a pair of brass...... :wideeyes:

And everybody, watch out for our PAL....he's a charmer allright! Wink wink :kisswink: ....nah, we love you Gabriel! You and your lovely accent are VERY welcome!

Jen what a great question! Too bad reporters and interviewers don't ask Gerry questions like that, instead of the same old crap about his love life.

Jen... that confirms what I have always thought about Gerry, and that is why I am so drawn to him. You can really see that broody nature, the darker more introspective side of him in quiet moments, in the roles he plays. It is the depth he seems to have within himself, that keeps me yearning to know more of him. And while it is true that none of us know who he really is... my instincts tell me that he is one complex and interesting young :mopboyerik: man.

So the mystery only deepens, and makes me want more!

Swan