Gerard Butler GALS

LAC on DVD discussion

phoenixgirl

I'm sure there are going to be things we will be discussing about the LAC DVD. :)

On the regular DVD I watched the making of extras, and it's kinda cool that we get to hear/see Alan talk about Gerry taking the Clyde role instead of Nick.

I will say this ... it's just not the same as on the big screen. This is one of those movies that really loses something on the small screen. But ... I'm THRILLED to have it and am already watching the movie. :wuv:

Gerry is just so perfect in this. Oh, and the bloody scene with his cellmate .. still grosses me out. :lol:

I am watching it now also. I am enjoying it - this must be my 8th. time. Gerry is so good in this. ... I just wish he was in it more - I could watch that face all day..Carry on with discussions. Linda

Anything interesting from the extras? Is Gerry a lot in them? Has anyone seen the director's cut yet?

T

I am watching it now also. I am enjoying it - this must be my 8th. time. Gerry is so good in this. ... I just wish he was in it more - I could watch that face all day..Carry on with discussions. Linda

Anything interesting from the extras? Is Gerry a lot in them? Has anyone seen the director's cut yet?

T

I'm watching it right now.

Director's Cut is awesome! I'm still scratching my head on how Clyde got into Nick's HOUSE. But then, anyone who could invent a tie that would strangle someone to death - well - I guess getting into a house is no biggee.

I'm actually happier watching this at home because now I can talk to the screen and no one is going to shush me or ask me to leave. I'm still lovin' the scene in the judge's office...heh...heh...heh...

Why didn't they put out a regular dvd 2 disc?

Unfortunately, regular DVDs are slowly being phased out. More and more we will see that the Blu-Ray discs are going to contain the primo content. Frankly, this totally sux. It is the computer/IT/software/media industry's way of forcing us to spend more money. I saved up and went out and bought a Blu-Ray player and it plays just fine on my old Sony TV. The picture is somewhat better, yes, but I'll be d@mned if I'm going out and spend 600-700 on an HDTV and another 400-500 on a basic sound system (no, HDTV doesn't come with sound), cables, etc. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I think you're right, Catwoman. I may actually give in and instead of finalizing my 8 year divorce, get a Blu Ray player.

I can't wait to see the director's cut eventually. Don't give away too much, though. :) Gotta leave some things for surprise.

Gonna watch it again this morning ... :D I love Clyde ...

I loved this movie for some reason or another. I've watched it in the theatre which was pretty awesome. I bought the DVD yesterday morning and I'm so angry actually at the fact that the Blu-ray's get more features than the DVD. I'm not arguing about it but it just angers me. (I'm an easily angered person so, beside the point.) I watched certain parts last night, at least the ones i enjoyed. I'm sorry but seeing Gerry get punched in the face is kind of funny. (At least I acknowledge that I'm morbid.) heh-heh-... Well, I'm ranting-ish and I must rush off to catch the bus to go home. Then, I must go off to work. >< darn.

Your fellow friend,

Miss SilverWolff

I'm watching the commentary right now ... Alan is very funny. You can kinda tell he's new to this, and that the other producer who is with him knows a bit more about film making, but Alan really enjoyed doing this. Not sure we learned a whole bunch of new things, though. A few little things, but nothing major. Still fun to listen to. :)

(Just learned that Viola Davis wore one of David's dresses at the SAG awards last year :lol: )

I`m getting the dvd today, so I`m really excited about owning it at last. I really enjoy this movie, and it would be really cool to see the Directors Cut, but I refuse to spend all that money on a brand new Blu-Ray player just for a slightly sharper picture. This obsession with weeding out perfectly good technology for something that may or may not be "better"....*sigh* oh well....:p

OK ... I have to say this ... Alan really loves Gerry. His affection, pride and awe of his talent comes through so much in the commentary. I have a little more respect for Alan now.

Learned some cool little things ... again, nothing major but cool little tidbits. :)

I hope everyone listens to it. I have to tell this ...Alan talks about how hard it was to produce it and says, "I was going to hang up my ballet slippers." :lmao: So funny ...

I also looked this up:

http://www.clausewitz.com/

Edited by phoenixgirl

OK ... I have to say this ... Alan really loves Gerry. His affection, pride and awe of his talent comes through so much in the commentary. I have a little more respect for Alan now.

Learned some cool little things ... again, nothing major but cool little tidbits. :)

I hope everyone listens to it. I have to tell this ...Alan talks about how hard it was to produce it and says, "I was going to hang up my ballet slippers." :lmao: So funny ...

I also looked this up:

http://www.clausewitz.com/

My brother is a retired Marine who also taught strategy and tactics at The Citadel. He said then, and I have to agree, that Von Clausewitz is right up there with Sun Tzu when it comes to military strategy and tactics. Those same strategies, when applied to business, are in the nearly "can't fail" category.

I am loving going throught LAC for a second time tonight. Some truly incrediblly powerful scenes.

I love the scene where Clyde is in court talking to the judge. Brilliant dialogue.

He's eating dinner in his cell right now...

Blu-ray players are pretty affordable right now- I recently upgraded my TV to Hi-Def and got a Blu-Ray player as well and it was well worth it. Fantastic picture quality all around!

The unrated version is not that much different- some scenes run longer, like the first scene with Clyde and Nick when Nick tells Clyde he’s taking a deal rather then prosecute. I rather liked this version better; Clyde’s heartbreak is so much more palpable, Gerry is so good in this scene. There is some footage not seen in the theatrical release but most of is character development stuff.

They were probably smart to leave out some of the gory stuff. Because what was shown in this version kind of looked fake.

I just received my copy in the mail from Amazon, yesterday, and guess what I was doing last night??

The courtroom scene has always been my favorite (aside from Clyde's "capture" by the SWAT team.....lol)

Seriously, I loved Gerry's emoting in that courtroom dialogue (yes, he really generated some heat)

:goodjob:

I am one of those who would have loved to see Gerry in the role of Nick.

:hmm:

Edited by Emily Bronte

I didn't get a chance to buy the DVD yet so can anyone tell me what features are on the regular DVD and if the Bluray disc has more stuff?

thanks ;)

Among other extra, there is a making of / behind the scenes feature on both DVD and BRD but it's worth buying the BRD because it has the director's unedited cut which is a longer version of the movie.

Theresa

I didn't get a chance to buy the DVD yet so can anyone tell me what features are on the regular DVD and if the Bluray disc has more stuff?

thanks ;)

Among other extra, there is a making of / behind the scenes feature on both DVD and BRD but it's worth buying the BRD because it has the director's unedited cut which is a longer version of the movie.

Theresa

thanks for the info :) I don't have a BR player darn! Does anyone know if I can play bluray on my laptop?

thanks for replying :)

my laptop is fairly new but I didn't think to google for info lol! I did buy the regular dvd for now and am going to look into that google search as you suggested or just call the computer department thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

This movie started my Gerry Addiction!!!! I seen a preview and thought it looked good so went and rented it (I don't buy many movies) and I thought the movie was absolutely fantastic and now I am on a movie watching spree haha! I love surprises in movies and in the judges office was the best thing ever, totally not expecting it!!!! And call me sick or whatever, but I think Gerry is the only guy who can pull off looking sexy covered in blood (the scene where he killed his cell mate). Does that make me morbid? lol. I thought the movie was great though! And it is definitely one worth being purchased :)