Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
terezoulini

Funny story about meeting Gerry

This is not my story, it's the story of a Greek actress (Theophania Papathoma) as she told it today on Greek TV and conveyed to me by a friend who was at home and saw the program. My friend is a Gerry fan so she is to be trusted.

Based on what the actress said, the encounter must have taken place when POTO was released in the US. She had won an award and was spending some time in LA. She met a director who one day invited her to a party. Now imagine that this was a young girl from Greece, not accustomed to Hollywood. She went to this place and when she entered the room where everyone was, the lights were low and everyone was watching something on TV. She found te situation weird and could not understand what party was this where peope were watching TV but did not say anything and just sat in a corner. A little while later, after the TV was turned off, a young guy approached her and they started talking. Eventually she asked him if he was an actor too. The guy looked at her in amazement and said: "Weren't you just watching? I was in the film we just watched and I was the one doing the interview afterwards!".

Yup, you guessed it right. It was a screening of POTO followed by an interview given by Gerry on some TV programme and the guy was Gerry. Theophania said that he was very cool about her not recognising him, he dealt with it in a very humourous way. She said that he was strikingly handsome, but most importantly a really nice guy and very funny. She really, really liked him.

In case you are wondering, Theophania is a very beautiful but down to earth woman, a very talented actress, with beautiful green eyes and "nice bust". Here's a link if you wonder what she looks like, excpet she was younger with darker hair at the time:

http://clubs.pathfinder.gr/theofaniapapathoma

Theresa

That's an amusing story but I can understand her lack of recognition from POTO. He was either in a mask or his face was distorted and he was so clean cut as the Phantom, if he had any scruff, he would be unrecognizable. Poor Gerry! Sometimes people didn't even recognize who he was when he was standing right in front of them. :humph::sad:

Thanks for the story, T.

Delene

I don't know if I would recognize him in public... Depends on the place and circumstances. Casual restaurant, yes; crowded place like an airport where everyone is in a hurry, no.

That was entertaining in more ways than one. I just googled her (curious to see what she looked like, a pretty lady, I can see why he'd approach her in a crowded room) but what made me laugh is to read that she went to law school in Athens, graduated, and was a trainee lawyer in Greece when she decided it wasn't for her and moved into acting ...

Sound familiar? :lol:

Edited by saga

WOW. I wonder if that subject was brought up during their conversation. What a laugh.

I probably wouldn't recognize him either, unless in a place where is was supposed to be and I was there also.

I'd love for someone to introduce him to me and get to talk to him for a while.

Dream on, Sandy.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy