Gerard Butler GALS

The smell of winter

Someone asked me if I can describe the smell of winter in a few words and the first thing that came into my mind was the smell of baked apples and cinnamon. I don’t even eat baked apples, but I cannot resist their wonderful smell. It invades my whole being and I just surrender unconditionally to it.

Various other familiar scents instantly came rushing into my mind: the fresh scent of green needles from a pine tree, crushed between the fingers, the sharp, but invigorating smell of cold, the warm smell of homemade bread, the unique smell of winter fireside stories.

Well, now I’m curious: can you smell winter in the air? What does your winter smell like?

Winter is the smell of cold, wet snow coming, still aloft in gray clouds mingled with that of wood smoke hanging in the air. It's the smell of warm molasses in bran on the breath of my horses and the odor of T's homemade chili as it simmers and wafts through the house.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic