Gerard Butler GALS

3/8 - Scenes from the Red Carpet

framolamdu

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/awards/osca...0,1431615.story

Master of the carpet: Some stars spent little time on the rug -- Morgan Freeman, for instance, jog-walked right past the media despite the protestations of a heartbroken BET team -- others linger for the long haul. No one, though, maximizes their time quite like George Clooney. After some expert-level crowd-pleasing for the bleacher fans, Clooney darted and danced along the media line like the suave lupine he played in "Fantastic Mr. Fox." He was even deft in rescuing others; Gerard Butler was standing in front of the mass gallery of photographers right at the entrance to the Kodak Theatre and playing to their shouts ("Show my legs? Ah, c'mon, you guys are killing me"), when suddenly they abandoned him completely -- they saw Clooney approaching. Butler wilted, just for a heartbeat, but Clooney detected it and saved the day by rushing up and hugging the younger actor. The clinch set up a torrent of camera flashes. Butler seemed to soak up some of the charm lesson. When someone shouted that he looked great, he winked. "It's all digital effects."

Moira

Well if the above is correct my admiration for George Clooney has increased tenfold. I think for that to happen to anyone would be awful - the media want you til someone better comes along :tantrum: Kudos to George for realizing what happened and making sure Gerry still had his moment. :kiss::kiss:

Moira

I noticed this a lot last night on the E! Preshow. Ryan Seacrest is notorious for doing this to people. I really dont enjoy the way he does interviews at all.

That was very nice of Mr. Clooney.

My hate for the paparazzi rose; however, George Clooney is rising on my list. After I saw how he went to the fans before going to the red carpet, I liked him a little more. But after reading this ... yeah, George is slowly creeping into the circle.

I don't even want to think about Gerry feeling "wilted". I hope this is a bit of an exaggeration on the author's part, but I can't imagine what that would have felt like.

I do like that they call Gerry the "young actor". :D I bet that would make him feel really good.

I've always loved George....what he has done in his humanitarian efforts have always made him stand out as far as I'm concerned...ohh...and he isn't hard on the eye either! lol...

I'm with you Landa...Ryan and all of them can be down right rude!

It's all in the author's interpretation of the events and even though the photogs may be fickle, I think perhaps they have been doing this to many people as they came down the red carpet. What does "wilting" mean anyway? If anything, Gerry was probably relieved for a moment that the attention was finally off him and the ridiculous requests they were making of him.

I like George. Any man who'd have a Pot Bellied Pig in his house is alright with me.

Delene

George Clooney is a really cool guy, I`ve always liked him. The pictures on the red carpet of Gerry and him are amazing. If I didn`t know any better, I`d swear the two of them were old friends. I bet anything the reporter on this was overexaggerating a bit, as most reporters tend to do.

I think the LA Times embellished the entire thing to make a story out of a non-story. If anything Gerry probably saw Clooney and they got together to talk. Personally if I hear that the LA Times are the source of a story I take it with a grain of salt.

It's hollywood! Fake, phoney and will take whatever you got for the moment, then toss you aside when they're done with you, or you aren't the flavour of the day. It is what it is.

Thankfully there are a handful who remain true to themselves, and don't behave like primadonnas. George just happens to be one of them.

Believe me, if people met most of the stars they admire so much outside of an event, they'd be crushed by their "don't you know who I am" attitudes.

It's hollywood! Fake, phoney and will take whatever you got for the moment, then toss you aside when they're done with you, or you aren't the flavour of the day. It is what it is.

Thankfully there are a handful who remain true to themselves, and don't behave like primadonnas. George just happens to be one of them.

Believe me, if people met most of the stars they admire so much outside of an event, they'd be crushed by their "don't you know who I am" attitudes.

One of the beautiful qualities about Gerry ... he doesn't have that attitude. And it doesn't seem like George does either - at least not while the cameras are rolling, but I've heard that he's very sweet to fans away from the cameras as well.

George Clooney & Gerry! What a great pair! I would think they could be great buddies! They both love life & don't take their stardom too seriously!

Did you see Sheree (from the View) interviewing George Clooney? She totally was in his face and IGNORED his girlfriend standing right next to him. At one point George turned to his girlfriend and said something with her name - Sheree still ignored her. Not nice.

Edited by nyjoanie

Did you see Sheree (from the View) interviewing George Clooney? She totally was in his face and IGNORED his girlfriend standing right next to him. At one point George turned to his girlfriend and said something with her name - Sheree still ignored her. Not nice.

Joanie, I don't think she speaks English, honey. At least not too much. He even told some other interviewer that earlier in the night. :)

Whether she speaks English or not, body language is universal. I thought she was way too flirty with him right in front of the poor girl as if she wasn't even standing there (as if she'd have anything to worry about anyway). I noticed it too.

Delene