Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hey everyone. Mel's out of surgery, it went really well. Her gallbladder did show signs of getting bad so that was most likely the problem. I updated the prayers thread.

Diane: two grandbabies in one week? That is so awesome! :pointy:

Swannie: hoping everything turns out all right for Bill.

Everyone else: have a great day!

Mousie :wuv:

Gallbladders can screw up so much stuff and make you SO sick!!! Been there and done that when I was 17. They kept telling me I was too young for that to happen to me and I kept getting sicker and it took them year before they would do the surgery!

Prayers to all of those with health problems and loved ones with health problems.

Congrats to the new parents and grandparents!! New babies are so exciting!!!! I enjoy everyone else's babies because I will probably never have any of my own :(

I haven't been here in a while I know. I apologize for that. I must admit, even though I'm slowly working my way around the forums, (old style and new) I find it really tricky to keep up with sometimes!

I have a new little addition to my family as of Wednesday just passed. I have to confess, I tried calling him Hadrian, (after an Australian children's singer Peter Combe who wrote a song about cats and the history Hadrian's Wall.) I even tried calling him Erik, and plain ol' Phantom, but my silly head got confused with my mouth, and now it's Gerry.

Posted Image

My dog Ori and he have become best friends...except poor Ori keeps getting too excited around him and doesn't realize his tongue covers Gerry's entire face. (Minds out of the gutter GALS...)

Posted Image

About two hours ago, my city had a small 3.8 magnitude Earthquake and there was a bit of excitement for a while. Thankfully, there was no injuries, but we're just waiting for the aftershocks now.

Congratulations to the new babes in the familes! Many prayers and thoughts for those who have been experiences health issues lately. I'll try to keep up from now on! It's just been very busy the last few days.

Amy.

Glad no injuries from the quake.Will pray that the aftershocks won't be very big.Congrats on the new addition to your family.:)

I am doing fairly well today,my kids have left for the weekend,so I am trying to do a little bit of cleaning,a little bit of work and alot of relaxation.

:wave: everyone! I did get to work today! My 4hr shift turned into an 8 hr one. Like I thought, the rain has started to bring the babies in. I'm signed up to work tomorrow and Sunday too, so we'll see. Here's a bit of information I found out at work today, and it's yet another example of the way priorities are really messed up in the work world nowadays. Most of you know I'm an RN. I just got a 3% raise which amounts to 87 cents an hour. Whoopee!, but better than nothing I guess. The CEO of the hospital just got a $45,000 raise on his already 6 figure salary! :tantrum: I bet this is a common-place occurrence in all areas of employment, not just hospitals.

Andrea, I hope your little guy feels better soon!

Amy, I love the pictures of your fur babies! Cute! Earthquake? Oh man! I've never experienced that! Don't want to, either! I'm glad there were no injuries.

Diane, no grandbabies yet?

Hi, Cat, Black Velvet, and everyone else! Hugs to all!

Hello

Amy: Gerry and Orie are adorable!

:thankyou: once again galfriends for all your prayers and concern for my grandbabies to be. Thanks for sharing with me. GALS are the best! :wuv:

:lol: Cat, I get confused myself when I try to explain. Thanks Elissa. :p Our DIL (married to our youngest son) is at the hospital tonight Friday having her labor induced. No big news as of 9PM EST. Slow going for the poor girl. She is still only 1cm dilated most of the day. Sometime tomorrow we will have a grandson (our first grandSON). We already have two beautiful granddaughters by oldest son.

Also our daughter is due any day now with a baby girl. She wishes it was right NOW, poor dear. Her doc told her to come back in on Wednesday 21st unless she goes before then. Clear as mud--right? Don't worry I will keep ya'll updated on who's doing what! I think I can keep them straight. Unbelievably blessed--four grandchildren in just under 3 years for hubby and me.

I have been a mess all day waiting and waiting and I don't do waiting very well. Oh well, baby boy will be here on his own sweet time. No names shared yet, they want to wait till baby boy is born.

Hugs to you galfriends, hope you have a great weekend!

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Oh my ......so much going on with you all! Hope to remember every one in my post... First off Diane... Stop walking the floor!!:cunning: But Congrats early just in case I don't get back here tomorrow....

Cat....can't wait to see the pictures of your new house!! I just know you are biting at the bit to finally get it done and get yourself in it!!:p

Swannie....Praying for your Bill Hun. Let us know when you can how he made out... I'm thinking positive!

Andrea...Did I read that your whole family has Celiac disease? That has got to be a handful ....Our own Swannie suffers with it also. I wish you all well Sweetie.

Elissa, Yeah huh? Nice big fat raises for the big cheese that mostly sits on their Butts and you wonderful Nurses that care for the sick (what would the world do without you guys?) get what??? Pesses me off ....you know what they say ...the fat cat gets fatter! Glad you managed to get some time in though!

Mousie....thanks for the update on Mel. I do hope she makes a speedy recovery and starts feeling her old self again! Please give her my love!

Amy...OMG, Gerry is sooooo cute (you know the little furry one):p well the big furry one aint bad either!:cunning: I love watching the household pets showing some love to one another!! How sweet...

Gotta get going but just want to give a shout out to anyone I forgot ....Black Velvet, Amanda.....good seeing you again Sweetie.....Big Frannie {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to all me girlies and to Anna and Nancy and all my Galfriends I haven't seen in a while....I miss you guys!

:kiss: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Just doing a late night "fly by" to wish you all a great weekend! Amy--love the photos of little Gerry and friend! And will be so glad to hear details of your new grandbabies when they arrive, Diane.

Rather than just repeat all that has just been so nicely said by Frannie and others--might I just say: DITTO?

I do wish everyone the very best and send :hug:

Judy

Hi Ladies

Here are the photo's of my new house as promised.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OK, the first is the northerly facing aspect - the al fresco area where the pool will also go. The second is the front door and garage, the third is the north westerly corner, the firth is the kitchen with the high ceiling (still being installed) and the final one is my dearest husband Michael, holding Russell, one of our Jack Russells. You can see the back of Jack in the bottom left hand corner. And yes, they are called Jack and Russell - very unimaginative but it suites them LOL.

I hope this finds you all well.

Thanks for the update on the grandchildren Diane and the explanation Elissa - look for ward to the news.

Hugs to all

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

CAT!

What a beautiful place. You will love love love this, I am sure (and Jack and Russell AND Michael too). Lucky girl to be able to look forward to building your own nest, from scratch if you will. Congratulations.

Love to everyone! Happy weekend, lovely Sunday, be safe and have a good week.

Hugs!!!! Jill

:grouphug:

Dear friends,

Just wanted to thank everyone for your care prayers and concern about my grandson.

Posted Image

:hearts:

WELCOME TO GRANDSON

BORN 4/17/10 @ 9:40pm

weighed 7 lbs 9 oz

20 inches long

:hearts:

He has soft dark hair and so alert and looking around his new surroundings.

Mommy, Daddy and baby are doing well.

(He had to be delivered by C-section after labor did not progress well).

We are going to see him and family today. Can't wait to hold my grandson, and give my son a big hug! :yay:

Diane

Just wanted to add my Congrats Sweetie! What is it now...One down and one to go!!:cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

CONGRATULATIONS!

Here is hoping that both hugs --- with brand new baby and brand new daddy -- fill you with joy and enduring love.

Lots of love, Jill

Congratulations, Diane!! Now let's get ready for number 2!

Hugs,

Suzie

Congratulations, Diane! :hearts:

Congratulations Diane and to your family too. Wonderful news. I hope Mum and baby are doing well.

Thanks for letting us know

Jill, yes - looking forward to finishing and moving in.

Cat

Cat....looks like it's going to be HUGE! I love the open concept...hope you have my room ready! :cunning: I WISH!

Can't wait to see the DONE pics!

Frannie, I can't get you on a plane to Vegas, how are we getting you on a plane to Cat's house....across all that water??? :funnyface: Seriously, it sounds like fun, doesn't it? I wish we could both go. Cat, can't wait to see the pictures of the finished product!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Lotsa hugs all around.

Suzie

Suzie: If you can get Frannie on a plane to Australia, there is a huge bedroom with ensuite ready for you both. So start working on that now. Just remember if you fly Qantas you will be flying with the airline with the best safety record in the world. Truth is I would love a visit for any and all GALfriends.

Glad you like the house, I love the open plan around the kitchen - I can get back into all my favourite recipes hmmmmm..... PS the pool will be wonderful and have a sail across the endwhere we sit and have margaritas so we don't burn :-)

Hugs

Cat

I will try to remember everything I wanted to comment on.

BV-that's really great that you'll have your own place in the future.That is my goal someday as well,but it'll be awhile. I will have to look up Khmelnitsky I'm not familiar with that town....And yes I am keeping you all in the dark on what I am creating till I have made sure that it will work. :)

Oh, I've been waiting for this house to be finished for almost 20 years... But still everything is so precarious   :(

I've got alot going on in our world right now.My children and i are all celiac and on Sunday someone who watches my youngest at church ever so often,disregarded the written notes that he is celiac,and don't give him any crackers except his own crackers(that are gluten free) and she gave him an unknown number of regular not gluten-free crackers,his normal teacher caught her and stopped her.Those who are familiar with celiac,gluten kills the little villi in your intestines that helps you absorb nutrients.So I have a really sick little boy on my hands,who wants to be active but just doesn't feel so hot sometimes.We've had yucky diapers and he's dark under his eyes,I've looked up how long it takes for those villi to heal and it could take week-months.So am I trying to figure out how to feed him extra nutrients in the time being so he doesn't get sick.

And I have to go,he's out of bed again(he's a nightowl)

That is so sad when adults are so irresponsible concerning children! Esp. when they are asked to watch over smb. else's children.  :( I hope Alex will get well soon!  :kiss:

I haven't been here in a while I know. I apologize for that. I must admit, even though I'm slowly working my way around the forums, (old style and new) I find it really tricky to keep up with sometimes!

I have a new little addition to my family as of Wednesday just passed. I have to confess, I tried calling him Hadrian, (after an Australian children's singer Peter Combe who wrote a song about cats and the history Hadrian's Wall.) I even tried calling him Erik, and plain ol' Phantom, but my silly head got confused with my mouth, and now it's Gerry.

My dog Ori and he have become best friends...except poor Ori keeps getting too excited around him and doesn't realize his tongue covers Gerry's entire face. (Minds out of the gutter GALS...)

About two hours ago, my city had a small 3.8 magnitude Earthquake and there was a bit of excitement for a while. Thankfully, there was no injuries, but we're just waiting for the aftershocks now.

Congratulations to the new babes in the familes! Many prayers and thoughts for those who have been experiences health issues lately. I'll try to keep up from now on! It's just been very busy the last few days.

Amy.

Oh, what a lovely addition to your family Amy! :wuv: I love cats so much! Esp. those black and white! They remind me of my cat :) And it is great that Ori and Gerry have became best friends!

Glad to know there were no injuries from the earthquake!

Edited by -=Bl@ck_VelveT=-

:wave: everyone! I did get to work today!  My 4hr shift turned into an 8 hr one.  Like I thought, the rain has started to bring the babies in. I'm signed up to work tomorrow and Sunday too, so we'll see.  Here's a bit of information I found out at work today, and it's yet another example of the way priorities are really messed up in the work world nowadays.  Most of you know I'm an RN. I just got a 3% raise which amounts to 87 cents an hour.  Whoopee!, but better than nothing I guess. The CEO of the hospital just got a $45,000 raise on his already 6 figure salary! :tantrum:  I bet this is a common-place occurrence in all areas of employment, not just hospitals.

Hi!  :)  Believe me, that is common-place occurrence in all areas of employment and in all countries   ;) 

Awwww...I bet the new grandson is precious!!!!! Congrats!!!!

That earthquake sounds scary. We don't really have those in Ohio...there was a tiny when my parents were younger, but nothing major. Dunno if I would want to experience that.

The kitty is SO cute and the doggy too. Pets are so special. I would be lost without my puppy dog!

Jealous of the new house!!!! Its gonna be gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I REALLY do not wanna go to work today. Only suppose to be there 5 hours, but a co-worker is gonna be out sick today and if I get stuck with a long shift (14hrs) I am not gonna be a happy girl. My boss is supposed to be taking a vac. day, but she said she would come in...we will see. If people could freakin' pass drug tests and get a clean background check we wouldn't be in this situation....5 interviews and so far 1 person has passed...Its hard not having enough staff to cover all shifts, lets hope that changes this week.

Frannie, I can't get you on a plane to Vegas, how are we getting you on a plane to Cat's house....across all that water??? :funnyface: Seriously, it sounds like fun, doesn't it? I wish we could both go. Cat, can't wait to see the pictures of the finished product!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Lotsa hugs all around.

Suzie

Well Suzie....its like this...I've decided I've already missed out on a lot of things because Of my fear of flying and look at me now...Got this Damn chronic condition going on so I say to He)) with it and when I'm feeling better I'm going to get to meet as many of my Galfriends as I can!! Well....that is when we ever get this place sold and we have money again!:cunning:

And OMG....Cat, sounds like we would have a blast ....um could ya just tell me how many flying hours?:unsure: I'll have to get some practice time in on short trips first ...How's that Suz?? :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image on your first grandson Diane!!! So what is his name and when are we going to see pictures?

Posted Image

Cat, your house is HUGE! Oh, and can I come with Suzie and Frannie pretty please? I can't wait to see it when it is all finished (probably not as much as you do though...lol).

Frannie, I'm glad to hear you say that....now you just wait until you're feeling better and settled back in NY...cause I'm going to keep you to that promise!

Such a cute kitty Amy and is your dog a golden retriever? My beautiful Tammy was a golden and she was the best dog in the world....

I went down south to the bay area yesterday to my granddaughter, Marian's, baby shower and got an extra bonus. Darla and I stopped by Bryan's house to change into our good clothes before heading even further south ... and B2 wanted to come with grandma....so I got to take him with me! :wuv:

I have to go back down in two weekends for our granddaughter Tiffany's graduation from the maritime academy. It is going to be pretty emotional because this event is the one that my Dan'l set his heart on going to and it was his goal to live long enough to make it when his cancer first came back. Well, God had other plans and so I will be going to it for both of us. Tiffany always did have her grandpa tied around her little finger and her graduation from college was such an huge deal for him and me..... he would be so proud!

Well, I guess I had better get something accomplished today....lol.

love and hugs,

Sue