Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Sue Sweetie....happy to have you back...sounds like you had a great visit! And also .....:hearts: for my sister of the Heart!

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

:thankyou: EVERYONE for all the best wishes on my newborn grandson. GALS are the best and most thoughtful galfriends ever! :hearts:

Here is a pic of my wee grandson. I will put more in the WEE ONES thread. He looks just like his daddy when he was born.

Baby was wearing the cutest little striped froggy onesie and had to cover his little mitts cause he kept scratching his face. He was worn out from his difficult birth-- poor wee thing--so in most of my pics he had his eyes closed.

Whew what a wild ride this weekend was! Thanks so much for all the prayers and concern and best wishes for my family.

Now just a breather and this week...we will see what happens with my daughter's upcoming delivery! She is so ready! She has a checkup with OB on Wednesday. One doc said c-section maybe and another says normal delivery....here we go again, my daughter's baby is further along and a bigger baby than grandson. Stay tuned!

Thank you for sharing my joy.

Diane

Posted Image

Frannie: its about 16 hours but if you take an MP3 player and love movies the time flies (pun intended).

To all my GALfriends, if you are in Australia, you are absolutely most welcome to visit. I couldn't think of a better group of people to come stay with me, Michael and the two four legged child replacements.

I know we are a long way away from America and Europe but, hey, you only live once. The one opportunity of meeting you all came in Vegas the first convention. It was a wonderful time and, believe it or not, drastically changed my life. I went out and fought for my dreams and got them. Couldn't have done it without GALfriends. Belief in oneself is something that is difficult to attain and with all your help I got that.

And yes, the place is big and open, just the way we imagined it when we gave our very scratchy drawing to the architect. We couldn't have done it if the house we currently live in hadn't gained hugely over the 19 years we have lived in it (about 500% believe it or not). So we can retire in style and host visitors that way too :-)

Anyway, invitation is there for anyone who is interested, and if you can't make it, we still have this wonderful place to chat.

Andrea: thinking of you and your little fellow. Hope he gets better quickly but I know this stuff takes time. I have a dear friend with the same issues so I have some idea of the problems. Special hugs to you.

Love you all

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Well Suzie....its like this...I've decided I've already missed out on a lot of things because Of my fear of flying and look at me now...Got this Damn chronic condition going on so I say to He)) with it and when I'm feeling better I'm going to get to meet as many of my Galfriends as I can!! Well....that is when we ever get this place sold and we have money again!:cunning:

And OMG....Cat, sounds like we would have a blast ....um could ya just tell me how many flying hours?:unsure: I'll have to get some practice time in on short trips first ...How's that Suz?? :D

:wave: Frannie

Frannie, that sounds like a deal! When you decide to do the Vegas Convention, just fly into Dallas and I'll meet you there. We can fly in up Vegas together. I have to tell you....I developed a fear of flying about 25 years ago. After Gene died, I got involved with GALS and my whole life opened up. I met Elissa and she threatened to kick my arse if I didn't get on that plane in '07 and fly to Vegas for the Convention with her and Bill. It really made a huge impact on me, and now no one can hold me back! Now, I'm not saying I will kick your arse because you've been sick, but we WILL get you on a plane!

Diane, the baby is precious!! Have they named him yet?

Andrea, hope the little one is on the road to recovery. Poor little guy! Poor mommy too!

CAT,I've always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand. Now all I have to do is get my wallet to cooperate!

Hugs to everyone!

Suzie

Suzie....Go right ahead Hun ...give it a kick :bum: I sure do need a good swift one for missing out on all the great Gal outings! You have kind of a good idea cept once I get on the plane to go to Vegas I'll prolly be frozen in fear to the seat til I get straight to LV! :nervous: But you never know.....I do have some good medication. My luck it would knock me out cold and I'd be a zombie all through the festivities!

16 hours Cat?????????????????? :multicigs: and I don't smoke!

Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Oh Frannie, Ha Ha, can't smoke on the plane anyway :kisswink: . However, yes, some good medication and you will be a very happy puppy :pointy:

I think the idea of a short trip to Dallas and friends to keep you calm from there to Vegas does sound like a very good plan. Then you will be OK (thinking positive here) and off you go... like Suzie you will be changed forever. Really really really. GALS is a wonder for giving everyone involved a boost.

And if you two ladies come together, the lounging by the pool will be soooo much better *chuckle*. And our capital city Canberra (where I currently reside) is a beautiful place only 2 hours by car. Our beaches are a wonder on the South Coast too. Am I making any headway:cunning:

Cat

Oh Frannie, Ha Ha, can't smoke on the plane anyway :kisswink: . However, yes, some good medication and you will be a very happy puppy :pointy:

I think the idea of a short trip to Dallas and friends to keep you calm from there to Vegas does sound like a very good plan. Then you will be OK (thinking positive here) and off you go... like Suzie you will be changed forever. Really really really. GALS is a wonder for giving everyone involved a boost.

And if you two ladies come together, the lounging by the pool will be soooo much better *chuckle*. And our capital city Canberra (where I currently reside) is a beautiful place only 2 hours by car. Our beaches are a wonder on the South Coast too. Am I making any headway:cunning:

Cat

I"ll tell ya...it sure does sound tempting. I'm hoping once I sell our Bar that having the xtra money will also help to motivate me! After all I certainly can't travel on my looks!! UGH!

:p Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Frannie, you won't be frozen in your seat on the way to Vegas. Between me and Elissa, we'll keep you entertained. (I'll bet we could get her to fly to Dallas too) The time will go so fast, you won't know what happened! And looking forward to Vegas is TOOO much fun!

Suzie

My,my do much to comment on,hope I can.Sorry I went awol over the weekend.My boys were gone,so I spent all day Saturday sewing throw pillows for the living room and dresses for my nieces,I've completed 8 dresses thus far.I have several more to go today.My sister-in-law gave my Mom fabric for someone to make dresses over a year ago and that person never did them,so I am doing them now.

Regarding my other project,I really will show ya'll when I'm done with it,I'm trying to get all the componets together,right down to the packaging(so I can show it to the boutique owner that sells my stuff) so once I start I can go right through to completion instead of starting and stopping.I still lack 2 componets.So I've been sewing instead until I can get those 2 things.

Andrea, hope the little one is on the road to recovery. Poor little guy! Poor mommy too!

Suzie and BV and Frannie and anyone else that made mention of it.I hope he recovers well too,he's still having bowel issues unfortunately.Thankfully the lady over the preschool department at church gave me some allergy alert stickers Sunday to stick on Alex.Seriously considering sticking one on his forehead and putting a shirt on him that say "PLEASE Don't feed me crackers" lol. I am still quite angry at the woman who fed them to him because she did know better she was just being lazy about it,it was written down right there in plain sight and she has known Alex since he was born.

And yes,we (my kids and I) are all celiacs.My parents and sister aren't though.So it is a bit difficult sometimes to make sure that their food/utensils etc...doesn't contaminate our food etc...Make sure they put their bread/crackers etc... out of reach of the boys.If it sounds like a pain in the butt...it is,BUT if taking a few extra steps in the kitchen makes myself and my kids healthier then it's not that bad.They are growing like weeds and are mostly healthy so I'm happy.:)

Frannie-you should give flying a try.It is annoying to sit still so long(did a 10+ hr flight to Europe a few times) but if you are flying into somewhere really cool,you get to see some really amazing things.Like the color of the ocean in the Bahamas...it was the most gorgeous shade of turqoise I have ever seen.Or what a sunrise looks like from above the clouds.So cool.

Diane-your grandbaby is beautiful! Glad he arrived safely.

Sue-glad you got to spend time with your family. :)

Cat-gorgeous house

Don't know what else I am missing.

Hello my dear friends,

Just a quick post to let you know I now have another beautiful granddaughter to love.

Baby, mommy and daddy and Grandma are doing fine. I had the wonder and absolute exquisite (and exhausting) joy of helping to bring my third granddaughter into the world. An experience that will always be a part of my heart. :hearts:

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for sharing in my joy.

I will try and catch up with GALS when I have had some rest. I have been on my feet helping my daughter with labor and then delivery since yesterday. And then it was so hard to leave to come home for some rest.

Posted Image

Diane

Congratulations, Diane! Posted Image

Posted ImageDiane on your new Granddaughter!! So happy to hear all went well and everyone is doing just fine. You are a brave Grandma. But I am sure it was an experience you will never forget. I'm sure it was a bonding experience with your new Granddaughter. Sleep well, you deserve it. Busy days ahead I am sure.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Congratulations, Diane, and blessings on the tiny new granddaughter and her family!

Massive hugs,

Suzie

Diane, :)

Congrats on your new grandbabies. I guess you fit the bill of "Grandma's my name and spoiling is my game"! Will look forward to seeing more pictures in the wee thread.

Haven't been on much - dealing with some health issues and with Vegas around the corner - don't need this -timing is everything. Must get to do more posting soon here before everyone thinks I fell off the earth.

So enjoy your grandbabies - one of each - how much fun is that. Don't blink too much because they grow so quickly and you don't want to miss a thing.

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Posted Image Congrats Diane!!

I don't post in here often but hi to all :wave:

Cat ~ beautiful house in the works!

Elissa ~ You need to get Frannie on a plane and join us at the con!

Mel ~ Hope you feel 100% soon girl!

Hugs,

Cheryl

I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted and a lot has happened! Two precious

new babies--Congratulations, Grandma Diane! Nothing more precious than holding a cuddly

newborn baby! So glad mothers and babies are doing well.

Fran and I both wish we were joining you in Vegas, but not this year--who knows, maybe

sometime down the road. Can't believe how close it is to the CON! The days, hours and

minutes just keep ticking away.

Things are still in a bit of turmoil in my life regarding my youngest daughter and her

divorce--but the papers are now filed and he is being served. We can only hope he will

not contest her petition. He gets off SO easy he'd better not try to argue it. The

hardest part is the oldest daughter has known exactly what her father has done and is

doing and she is so full of anger and doesn't even want to see him at all, let alone

the "new woman." I hate seeing her be so upset, mad and sad. The 10 yr old is doing

better. Oh well, it will work out eventually.

Hope everybody has a nice weekend, and hugs to all.

Judy

Edited by mommaduck

Congratulations, Diane!   :metoyou:

The weekend is coming up! Finally I'll go home and see my family! Dunno why, but I really grew tired of this city I live in. I need a rest.

Hope, everyone is doing fine. Have a great weekend!

Hello my dear friends,

Just a quick post to let you know I now have another beautiful granddaughter to love.

Baby, mommy and daddy and Grandma are doing fine. I had the wonder and absolute exquisite (and exhausting) joy of helping to bring my third granddaughter into the world. An experience that will always be a part of my heart. :hearts:

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for sharing in my joy.

I will try and catch up with GALS when I have had some rest. I have been on my feet helping my daughter with labor and then delivery since yesterday. And then it was so hard to leave to come home for some rest.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/angelshamrocked/Greetings%20and%20Graphics/th_babygirl.gif

Diane

Congratulations!!!

Mousie :wuv:

Edited by mousie

Oh Diane, I know you are in 7th heaven right now.... Posted Image Congratulations grandma one more time!

Judy, I know how much it hurts to watch our children and grandchildren hurt...it's worse than when it happens to ourselves ... Posted Image my friend.

Have a wonderful weekend BV.

Andrea, that woman at your church needs a slap upside the head. I hope she realizes just what damage she has caused.

Well, it is a beautiful spring day here....I got a bunch of work done outside but I have to go back out and paint my Dan'l's bench with Thompson Water Sealer to preserve it.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

My heartiest Congrats to the Mom, the Pop, and of course it goes without saying "the spoiler" :cunning: Grandma Diane!

Posted Image

I can't believe I was the last poster on here since yesterday!!!! Where in the heck is everybody??

;) Frannie

Ladies, it looks like we are going to have to get the dust rags and brooms out again. There are cobwebs in here. Aaachooo!

Suzie

I'm here Frannie and Suzie!! Just being bad and not getting back here as much as I should be. I'm still so far behind on reading old posts. I think I will give up and start fresh right here.

We had four inches of snow up here in the mountains yesterday. What's up with that???? The good news is it is melting very fast. I'm so ready for SPRING!!!

My D-I-L broke her ankle stepping off her deck to an uneven spot on the ground. My 2 year old granddaughter wouldn't leave her Mommy's side to run for help. Finally, a neighbor came out and helped. Poor little Emma was scared. Fortunately, my D-I-L's parents were planning a visit and just pushed up the date and are there now taking care of things while my D-I-L- heals. I feel for her because she is a runner and hates not being able to run now.

Well, off to see what else is new. Not much, I'm sure, on the week-end!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Posted ImagePosted Image

OK, but I was just in here yesterday and it wasn't this dirty....what happened?????

Well, now that I've cleaned the place up I think I'll put some more pictures on the walls:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Hugs,

Sue