Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

I've been "Butlerized" since like July or August 2009! Only 6 months and I've been in so much love. I'm so obsessive of him; it's the only peep I think of, even when I'm at work. Also, it's so bad that i can't even say his name without getting giggly or red in the face.... Anyway, i must run and walk the doggs.

Miss SilverWolff (or Silver for short)

yay shorties! (smile)

Hey everyone! Sorry I've not posted in a few days...Wanted to swing by here and share this with ya'll before I try to wade through all the new Gerry stuff.

I'm an Aunt again! The pics are on my facebook for those who are on my friends list.

lets see I first noticed Gerry in 2005 I guess when I first saw The Phantom of the Opera,I remember watching it when my now ex-mil was living with us after Katrina and we watched it together and I remember saying "Man! this guy is good! G---h come listen to this guy!" Then I saw P.S. I love you with my sister in 2008 and cried through the whole dag gum movie. Then I watched 300 around March of last year and then I was officially Butlerized!

ok I have to run now

Edited by Andrea~mc

Hey everyone! Sorry I've not posted in a few days...Wanted to swing by here and share this with ya'll before I try to wade through all the new Gerry stuff.

I'm an Aunt again! The pics are on my facebook for those who are on my friends list.

lets see I first noticed Gerry in 2005 I guess when I first saw The Phantom of the Opera,I remember watching it when my now ex-mil was living with us after Katrina and we watched it together and I remember saying "Man! this guy is good! G---h come listen to this guy!" Then I saw P.S. I love you with my sister in 2008 and cried through the whole dag gum movie. Then I watched 300 around March of last year and then I was officially Butlerized!

ok I have to run now

Congrats, Auntie Andrea!

Yes, I remember the first time I became "Butlerized". It took three hits for me; Tomb Raider, Creedy then the Phantom and funny thing is, I had no idea at the time they were all the same guy!

Anyhow, just stopping in to say HI. I've got a bad :sick2:

Delene

I became Butlerized when I watched Timeline. Totally fell in love with Andre' Marek. Then in 2005 I saw the DVD of POTO. HAD to Google that gorgeous Phantom and discovered it was Marek!! I've been swooning ever since!

I'm a Great-Aunt! My niece gave birth to a 9 lb boy. I can't wait to see the pictures! My mother is over the moon at being a great grandma! The whole family is excited. It's all so sweet!

Just a quick drop by - Must get up early to get ready for the St. Patrick's Day parade. Will be taking pictures!

Hugs,

Suzie

Hi GALS and PALS :wave:

Haven't been on the SC for a while. Lots of RL going on.

Hubby and I worked hard this week cleaning up the debris in our yard from the great Blizzard. We finally got around to it. Whew I feel like a lumberjack with all the sawing up the tree limbs that came down. Am I ever stiff and sore from all that work. But it was worth it to get our yard ready for Spring.

Oh yeah I was Butlerized when I saw POTO on cable late one night and Erik reached out his hand to Christine and me! I had to google POTO and realized I had seen Gerry in other movies. I found web sites for Gerry and was fascinated with them. Lurked for while--too timid to join. Finally took the plunge and joined GALS and so happy I did!

Sue: Hope you are having a grand time with the grandbabies.

Welcome to the newbies! You will love it here.

Congrats to Great-Aunt Suzie and Auntie Andrea mc!

Wow, is it pouring rain here tonight. Another storm--all rain and wind this time.

:hug:

Diane/Sham

Stopping by to say hi :wave:

I've missed the W magazine so I guess I'll try to look for Men's Journal. I've been out of the loop for awhile. I feel like I need to get more Gerry movies :lol:

I haven't worked on my GB scrapbook in quite some time. I need to get my new printer hooked up so I can print things off.

Turns out the guy I carpool with has seen more Gerry movies than he thought he had. I still get grief over being a fan at work. My work space doesn't even have a picture of him.

Haven't watched much of Gamer but glad I have it on DVD. LAC is still in it's box and still in its wrapper....ooops.

Going solo to The Bounty Hunter but that's ok.

Not sure if I read the article online from Men's Journal right, about Gerry and his ear. I wonder if people realize that tinnitus and hearing loss are two totally different things? Funny, I'm not a doctor but have learned that through my job.

I played "Music of the Night" on Thursday night for GALS member Izzabeta (who's been MIA as of late). She got married on Friday morning. I had to give her a little Gerry love over the phone before she got married.

Edited by Sapphyre

NIce to have you stop by, Sapphyre! And Suzie, wonderful to be a Great Aunt--hope to see

some photos! And to everyone else, "Hello."

On the subject of "discovering" Gerry--it was in Feb '05 when I finally made it to the theater

to see POTO. I was mesmerized by the man who portrayed THE PHANTOM!! TIMELINE and

TR2 were both playing on our cable stations and I was TOTALLY smitten after those movies.

And of course, I looked him up on the computer, which sealed the deal. And for that matter,

I shall remained totally BUTLERIZED for the rest of my life!!

Hugs,

Judy

For you older gals who remember "Paul Revere and The Raiders", I promised to post pictures from the concert I went to on Friday at Epcot. It was an amazing show and Paul (wearing the hat and playing the keyboard, which was the front end of a Mustang) was hysterical. Do you believe he is 72 years old! We enjoyed the show so much we stuck around for the second show. The lead singer was outstanding. Beautiful voice and as Paul stated he looks GREAT in that outfit, especially the pants!!! *SIGH*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congrats to Suzie and Andrea on the new babies in your life!!

Hi Anne!! :wave: Nice to hear from you!!

Diane....I'll bet you are glad that job is over. It was a hard winter for so many people.

~HUGS~ Kathy

:whiteflag::spank::rose:

My apologies for being absent so long from the Support Center and a ginormous thank you to first Songbird and then Zany who picked up the slack and started the first two floors of our new highrise for me. I am so sorry not to have been here to thank everyone for the lovely birthday wishes - which was over two weeks ago!!

Welcome to our newbie AprilSiobhan! Oh how I remember that need to watch as many Gerry movies as possible after I was Butlerized on New Years Eve 2004. There are a LOT more of them available now than there were back then. I'm excited to see The Bounty Hunter this weekend. We have a pretty extensive "primer" for newbies to help acquaint you with as much as possible regarding Gerry, the "inside" jokes and stories that spawned them. Gerry Primer for Newbies

Suzie - congrats on the new addition to the family.

Sapphyre and Shamrocked - it is good to see you both back here.

Real life has been a real roller coaster for me these past few months. It started with my mom's hospitalization just before Christmas, her subsequent stay in skilled nursing and my searching for and finding her a good assisted living home that specializes in care of Alzheimers patients. Then my dad passed away in February. And December thru February is my most stressful at work (year end closing and new year opening) so my head has been spinning. But I've had some great moments thrown in as well because I was able to attend the New Years Eve concert and then the one on my birthday by my other major obsession, Adam Lambert. I'll be going to Vancouver, British Columbia to see him next month too, and that one I'm bringing my husband along so we can have a little vacation in a city I loved when I was there many years ago.

This morning I had a call from a local radio station telling me that I had won their 5 at 5 contest (you pick the 5 songs you want them to play at 5pm) - which I entered a few weeks ago. Not only will they play my top 5 songs (one of which is of course Adam's Whataya Want From Me) but I won 2 tickets to a concert by the B52's next week, and this is at a venue that is very near where I work so it won't be any problem for me to get there. I'm very excited!!

Well, the desk full of papers is screaming my name so I must leave here once again. I've really been enjoying all the great new pictures, interviews, articles we are getting. Gerry is looking especially yummy and we're getting new bits of info about him, like why his smile is so charmingly and disarmingly crooked. I love my men unfiltered and Gerry surely fits that bill!!

Welcome home Susan.

Well, I'm working on my dear Dan'ls laptop while visiting down here and the batteries in the mouse died this morning and now I'm stuck with using the finger pad and I'm lost! lol No doing anything fancy until I get home I guess.

Anne, I certainly hope you didn't miss W magazine because if you did than so did I....AND I WANT IT!!! However I won't even be able to go looking for either mag until I turn over B2 to his mom tomorrow night...speaking of B2 ... he is suppose to be napping right now but it sounds like WWIII is happening in his bedroom....I must go look.

Frannie, I'm still thinking and praying for you...how's things going with everyone at Peggy's house?

byeeeee...

hugs,

Sue

Hey everyone,

Posted Image to Aunt Andrea and Great-Aunt Suzie on the new arrivals. Wonderful news.

Suzan, love seeing you back in the tread . . . :D Enjoy the B52's concert, and besides Adam's Whataya Want From Me song, what other songs did you select? *curious in Memphis*. Your April trip sounds like it will be wonderful.

Kathy, I love the pics from the Paul Revere and The Raiders concert. I can see why you stuck around for the 2nd show. He's 72 -- OMG! Wow, that makes me . . . :kisswink:

Anne/Sapphyre, Great to see you in the SC. I've not yet responsed to your PM, but will shortly. Good to see you back in the threads; how are you feeling? Are you back to dancing? :D My prayers continue. And, tell Izzabeta, I said hello!

Anne and Sue, According to the posts, the April, W magzine is listed as coming out on the newsstands on March 17th. I don't think you've missed it, Ladies. I'm going to Barnes & Noble this afternoon to see if it's in early, but I'm sure we haven't missed it.

Diane, :wave: I hope you are feeling better after cleaning up the yard of the winter debris--quite a chore!

Delene, Get Well, Soon!!!

Suzie, Teeny is adorable! Is she doing better?

Sue, I hope you're having a great time with B2! Sorry your computer mousie died on you. I hope the mousie can be fixed, soon.

Frannie, you, Peggy and all the family remain in my prayers. I know yesterday was not the best day, but despite everything that is going on, I hope you get to the BH premier tomorrow!!!! Give Barbara a hug for me.

MissSilverWolff, AprilSiobhan and Beacon1/Sharon :welcome::hug1:

April, enjoy RockNRolla; it a great movie. It would be one of my favorite movies even if Gerry were not in it, but with him it's fantastic!

Milo :wave: I see you!

Jill and Zany, :wave:

Missing you, Anna!

Cat, Big Hug to You, GALFriend! It's been way to long since I've seen you. Hope things are good with you.

Take care, Everyone!

Beachie

P.S. Butlerized *and Phantomized* at POTO on December 22, 2004. :heat:

Phantomized! I haven't heard of that one Beachie! I LOVE it! :phantom:

Ok running by to say "hello" real quick.Hopefully can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

Congrats Suzie on the new little one in your family.

Susan you've really had it rough,I hope you get the rest and relaxation to renew your spirit and body.

Sue- WWIII huh? Sounds like my house last night at bedtime.(they share a room)

Sorry I haven't been by,I've been busy making some hats for one of my best friends,she had yarn left over from something,then I have 2 baby hats to make for her out of the same yarn she just made a baby blanket for,then I have a few orders coming up. So my fingers are kind of busy. :funnyface:

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks since I've been online.

Don't know what's going on with everyone but I wish everyone well and happy.

Lots of love,

Nancy

Um,...I think I was Butlerized and didn't even know it!!

Attila, 2001!! :cunning:

Then Lara Croft Tomb Raider

and TIMELINE.

"Phantomised" Christmas Day 2004!! Yeah!! :erik::wuv:

:wave:Andrea, How are you feeling? Better I hope.

With BH starting this weekend, Andrea, do you want to try and see it, together. I'm working six days this week, to cover the Saturday weekend shift. I will probably go and see BH on Sunday or Monday, which is my day off. Would either of these days be convenient to you while not interrupt family activities. You can PM me. :kisswink:EDS: I'm sending you a PM.

Nancy, :wave: I just have to say that I Freaking love that Attila siggy, by Frannie. Beautiful!

Phantomized! I haven't heard of that one Beachie! I LOVE it! :phantom:

LOL It just slipped out. Zany!

Beachie

Beachie, I LOVE your siggy with sexy Alex Rover! (I HAVE THE SHIRT HE WAS WEARING IN THE PICTURE!!)

I really do have one of the shirts Gerry wore in the movie, and will be bringing it to Vegas in case you want to try it on! Deb should bring the jeans too, don't you think??

My little dog in in the hospital as we speak and I'm waiting to see how her surgery went. She has a wee heart problem, so any time they use drugs on her, I worry. Keeping fingers crossed.

My brother has relocated to San Antonio and is moving into his apartment today. It's really nice having other family so close to help me supervise mother! She is 86 and is a bit of a stinker, so it takes two of us to keep her out of trouble. (I think I told you she walked up to a punky teenager in the mall and told him that if he was going to wear his jeans around his arse, he should at least wear clean underwear! That's my mumsy!)

So many folks to acknowledge, but just let me send hugs to all of you and I hope your day is wonnerful!

FRANNIE, let us hear from you!!

Suzie

Hey Suzie,

I'll keep you and Teeny in my thoughts today. It's so good to hear you have family moving close by. :) All six of my sisters live in Memphis.

BTW: I was raised in Texas, specifically Houston. My family moved there when I was four. However, for all my adult life I've lived in Memphis, where I was born. I went through San Antonio once, years ago, when the family was on vacation. I liked it; I thought it was prettier, nicer, smaller than Houston, but lord that was so many years ago, that I expect it's changed a lot over the years. I was just a teenager at the time. :lol:

Thank you! Glad you like the siggy. :D:alex: is :heat:

Beachie

:wave:Andrea, How are you feeling? Better I hope.

With BH starting this weekend, Andrea, do you want to try and see it, together. I'm working six days this week, to cover the Saturday weekend shift. I will probably go and see BH on Sunday or Monday, which is my day off. Would either of these days be convenient to you while not interrupt family activities. You can PM me. :kisswink:EDS: I'm sending you a PM.

Beachie

Just replied to your PM :) Sounds fine to me.

My little dog in in the hospital as we speak and I'm waiting to see how her surgery went. She has a wee heart problem, so any time they use drugs on her, I worry. Keeping fingers crossed.

My brother has relocated to San Antonio and is moving into his apartment today. It's really nice having other family so close to help me supervise mother! She is 86 and is a bit of a stinker, so it takes two of us to keep her out of trouble. (I think I told you she walked up to a punky teenager in the mall and told him that if he was going to wear his jeans around his arse, he should at least wear clean underwear! That's my mumsy!)

Suzie

I hope everything goes well for your little dog.

The underwear comment..go Suzie's mom! I'm with her on that. :)And I'm glad you're now going to have family near by.The boys and I live with my parents and my youngest sister,but I still miss my grandparents and all my aunts,uncles and cousins back on the farm in Missouri.(where I spent 15 yrs of my life)

BTW: I was raised in Texas, specifically Houston. My family moved there when I was four. However, for all my adult life I've lived in Memphis, where I was born. I went through San Antonio once, years ago, when the family was on vacation. I liked it; I thought it was prettier, nicer, smaller than Houston, but lord that was so many years ago, that I expect it's changed a lot over the years. I was just a teenager at the time. :lol:

Thank you! Glad you like the siggy. :D:alex: is :heat:

Beachie[/b]

I've been to Texas once,but I don't remember a thing. :lol: When I was 1 my parents decided they didn't have anything better to do one Saturday,so they got in the car and drove to Mexico(from Missouri).

RocknRolla should be here in the next day or so.

--------------------

That was the funniest movie! I really liked it even though Ger didn't have a big part. I also saw Timeline at my moms, yum-my.

:wave: Hi April,

RocknRolla is one of my favs too! Gerry was so good in it. I saw it 3 times at my little theater here. I was the only one at one of the showings! LOL. I felt like it was a showing set up just for me! :music:

:hugs:

Diane

Don't mean to interrupt but I just noticed that we have over six hundred viewers right now on the site! What the heck happened that caused that? All those people in NYC just seeing Gerry out on the streets maybe going from taping to taping?

Delene

Maybe D....can you imagine how this place is going to be hopping after Bounty Hunter comes out!!!!

Just got a call from Barb in NY at the BH premiere....she say's it's not as crazy as it is on the West coast but things are starting to liven up! :D I'm so bummed that I didn't go ...Things have just been so messed up for me lately but my good friend Barb is keeping in her thoughts and up to date on the happenings! Also she said that E news was filming and also TV guide and that they got shots of her group!! Case you want to check it out! :p

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Thanks Frannie!

It's so cool to get a on-the-spot report. :pointy: Big hugs to Barb and you for keeping us informed on the happenings.

:hug:

Diane

Hi Gals, :D

The BH premiere was wonderful and Gerry looked AMAZING and I do mean AMAZING. Jennifer too and they both signed autographs. I only got a few pictures with my new camera but I was more interested in getting a picture signed for the Vegas convention. Gerry as usual was more than willing to fill my request. The crowd was large enough and we all had a great time. Frannie, sweetie, thought of you thoughout the day and have a surprise for you.

Hugs, Barbara :wave: