Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hi Gals, :D

The BH premiere was wonderful and Gerry looked AMAZING and I do mean AMAZING. Jennifer too and they both signed autographs. I only got a few pictures with my new camera but I was more interested in getting a picture signed for the Vegas convention. Gerry as usual was more than willing to fill my request. The crowd was large enough and we all had a great time. Frannie, sweetie, thought of you thoughout the day and have a surprise for you.

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Congratulations. Barbara! I'm so thrilled that you were able to go and that you actually got to speak with Gerry. Woo Hoo!!!! Some day I will make it down from upstate and get to enjoy the moment. Some day. (I hate being poor...)

Sharon

Buffalo, NY :wave:

Sorry - not my computer!

:wave: everyone! Suzie asked me to let you all know that her little Teeny's surgery went fine and the growths that were removed were all benign. Unfortunately, Teeny had her teeth cleaned at the same time and had to have 4 extractions! She's at home and pretty miserable now. She's groggy from the anesthesia and has to wear one of those collars to keep her from being able to chew her stitches. Suzie said the vet sent Teeny home with antibiotics and pain pills. But, praise God the growths were benign! That's the good news.

I had a scare of my own today thanks to a faulty memory and hysterical husband! PAL Good Sport dropped me off at work today because it was pouring down rain and he drives a truck whereas I drive a little low-slung Ford Focus and streets in San Antonio tend to flood. This evening, I called his cell phone at 7:00 to tell him I would be downstairs waiting for him at 7:15. He, with panic in his voice, told me that our daughter, Erin had not gotten home from work and wasn't answering her cell phone. She gets off at 5:30 and usually gets home by 6:00. He hadn't even left the house to pick me up! I hung up and called her cellphone and got voicemail too. Finally, on the 3rd try, she answered. She was at the salon getting her hair done! She had told me about the appointment, but I forgot! :doh: Geesh! He had me imagining the worst! She was home by the time we got home! :)

Oh Suz.....I feel so bad for Teeny! But then again at least the good news tops it all! The growths were benign!

{{{{HUGS}}}} Frannie

I feel I have to get something off my chest .....I've been here for quite a few years and I believe I've made some wonderful friends. I don't think I've ever disrespected anyone ...at least I hope not. I love checking in everyday even if it's just to say hi and of course send hugs as needed or maybe even lend an ear. I also enjoyed making siggies forall that enjoyed them. At first I thought when I started making siggies well lets just say they were in demand.... :) but after a while I felt like I was infringing on Bethy's territory. After all she was and is still the queen as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, to get to my point a new batch of siggy makers was born.... Which I thought was great... although I was still quite busy trying to fulfill everyones wishes as best i could. But I noticed little by little so many of my friends had left as many new gals had joined... Well after talking to a lot of the Gals I found that more than a few felt as I did...the threads were no longer the same. conversations became more and more confined to maybe two or three and the others felt like they were posting to the air! I won't list the names but some are still sticking it out anyway. I don't know if this post is going to make it through without being made invisible but I have to say this and get it off my chest! This site to me has turned into a special little clique....especially the group that are lucky enough to go to Vegas.. I feel that your always good enough til somebody better comes along and I don't like that feeling. I just finished making my donation which is all I could afford but at least I made one and since I've been going through a lot of stress with personal and health problems besides the fact my feelings have been changing about the changes in this site i will be signing off for a bit myself ......I am going to be checking in once in a while to check and see when Swannies book comes out ....after all I am proud of my part in that! And I am also grateful and flattered that she put her faith in me....instead of someone else! I know this is not a big deal to anyone but I just wanted to get it off my chest! I don't know what it is but I feel like I've been overlooked and pushed out! I'm sorry but it's how I feel! To my special friends ...and you know who you are ...I will always think of you and never fear ...Gerry will still be my GUY!

I really do Love you guys,

:wave: Frannie

Sue....my favorite "Mod" BTW....I left you a pressie! :hearts:

Edited by ladyfran

Dang, Frannie! You know you have many friends here and we loves ya madly. Take the time you need, but we'll be here waiting for you when you return! Remember, "There's No Place Like Home!" :hug1:

Teeny is having a really rough time of it. Between her sore mouth and sore backside, she doesn't know how to get comfortable. Plus the doctor says she can't have any of her regular treats for a while. However, we discovered canned chicken is just the ticket to get food into her. Thanks for all the kind words for my furbaby. Funny how they take over your heart, right?

Sending hugs all around and bunches of smoochies too!

Suzie

Elissa, I'm so sorry you were worried about Erin - you shoulda called me; I remembered where she was. Dads can be worry warts, right?

Hey all! Happy St. Paddy's!

Suzie, I'm sorry your little baby is ailing but happy about the outcome of her growths. I've gone through many animals who have gotten cancer and I always have a hard time trying to understand how that happens. I can believe that adult humans can get it with all we put ourselves through and what we are exposed to but when pets or young children get diseases like that, I just don't understand it! I'm sure the vet gave you pain med for her but if her mouth is sore, you might try keeping her food in the fridge so it's cold. That feels better on the sore gums.

Frannie, I'm sorry about how you feel and I can relate and I haven't even been here as long as you have. Good for you for being brave enough in voicing your feelings.

Barbara, sounds like it was all worth while! Can't wait to get more details!

Hugs to all!

Delene

:wave: GALS and PALS.

Just popping in to wish you a Posted Image

Hope you are having a grand day.

Slainte,

Sham aka Diane

Ladies please excuse me, as I don't post in here, but I was told my friend Frannie is having trouble!!

Frannie, Love, please, please reexamine your thoughts on leaving!! Like Suzie said, there are many many members here who love you!! I understand very well the need to step back occasionally, and with what is happening right now for you and your family, it might be a good idea. Please don't make it permanent. You are a valued member of this fanmily, and I don't mean just as an artist! You have added much to many conversations and are there whenever any of us need support. Let us support you now..

Please Frannie, just think about it....

xxx

Reading your post was a shock, Frannie.

I really don't want to see you go, even for a break, but I truly understand your need and reasons for taking one, my friend. I will be missing you like crazy, Hon!

Take all the time you need, Frannie, and when you are ready to return to this passionate and wildly Gerrycentric place, which we call our 2nd home, you will find your friends lined up at the door to greet you with a grin and a :hug:

Linda

P.S. Ditto on what all the GALS have said. Follow your heart Frannie, it will lead you home in its time.

:tissues: F***, now I'm crying again.

EDS: GALS please excuse my ineptitude in a portion of my post. Due to the constant time I spend in the SPC, I habitually think I am talking with the Siggy Piggies; therefore, my phrasing can sound self centered and exclusive. It is not meant to be. Thus, I'm editing my post.

pass me the dang kleenex would j'ya? *sniff sniff*

Frannie,

I've come to really value you as a fellow siggy maker and friend.

You do such wonderful work here and are such a great member of GALS.

I hope this is only temporary situation. The siggy clubhouse was really getting back on track with sharing information.

Take the time that you need to regroup everthing in your life and come back to us.

:hugs:

Cheryl

Frannie: I don't know what to say but I understand and please come back often as you can.

:hug:

Diane

Frannie, I was so sad when I read your post. I totally agree with everything that has been

said and I do hope after a little while away, you will find you want to return. In the meantime,

I hope things get better with you and your family and I will continue to think of you and send

up good thoughts and prayers.

Please take care of yourself and come back soon--we will miss you like crazy!!

Hugs,

Judy

Frannie, my sister of the heart...where do ya think your going? Frannie, you can't leave me! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: What would I do without you!

Suzie, give Teeny a hug for me...

hugs to all...

love,

Sue

Well now that sucks!! I just got back here after doing some traveling for three days and I find my dear friend Frannie is leaving, for just a short while I HOPE!!! Frannie, I know you have had more than you fair share of problems in your life but PLEASE don't ever think because people don't always respond to your posts that it means you are going unnoticed. You were the first person on GBGALS when I joined here who made me feel noticed. You gave me my first siggy and I felt such respect for your talents and the fact you were one of the sweetest, kindest gals I have even known. My heart is breaking because you feel such sadness over the changes that have occurred here. People come and go in our lives and sometimes it is hard to cope with the changes and sometimes you get tired of making new friends and you miss the old friends. Just know this Frannie. You have MANY friends here and when you feel better and get your life sorted out, please come back to us. We ALL love you!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

Frannie dear .... we'll be waiting.

Frannie - I just want you to know that you and your amazing siggy talents are very much appreciated here and I hope that after a SHORT break you are back in the FANmily. You will be missed while you are away, but sometimes a little breather is just what we need. On a site this large, and with a star as active and visible as Gerry has become I realize sometimes things roll along at a pace that isn't comfortable for everyone. Sometimes it is too slow, sometimes it is too fast, and sometimes certain voices seem to be "heard" more. It is just the ebb and flow of a fansite, and I hope you feel the tide pulling you back here soon. Hugs to you!

Beachie - I know I'm a few days late but I saw you ask me back aways what the other 4 songs were that I requested be played on 5 at 5. They were All the Right Moves by One Republic, Beautiful by Christina Aguilera, According to You by Orianthi and Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. Since becoming an Adam fan I watch VH1 Top 20 Countdown every week, and listen (when I can tolerate it) to Top 40 or Hot Adult Contemporary stations so I've become much more familiar with current popular music. Some of it I like and some of it I detest. I used to listen to a Soft Rock station so this Top 40 stuff is a real change for me.

Just popped in to say :wave: Got some very good news this morning, we sold my dad's place and the buyers want to close escrow in 2 weeks!! It is a cash deal so no mortgage company or banks involved and that is going to be so great. Now we have to get the last few things out of there - a few items of furniture and some tools. Thankfully my sister and brother-in-law did almost all of the cleanout when they were here last month after my dad passed away. Now I have to start working on getting my mom's place fixed up and into sellable shape.

I'm happy for you Susan....one less thing to have to deal with.

Happy Thursday to everyone!!

hugs,

Sue

:wave: everyone! My work-week is over and I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend off ! I won't even let our annual visit to our tax accountant on Saturday ruin it :p I can't wait to see The Bounty Hunter tomorrow! :D Sunday is PAL Good Sport's birthday and I still have some shopping to finish and a cake to bake. Maybe I'll get Erin to bake it. She likes to bake, and is really better at it than I am anyway.

Frannie-come back soon, we miss you! :hearts:

Susan-congrats on selling your Dad's house! I know what a hassle that is after having had to sell both my parents' and in-laws' houses several years ago.

Hugs to all!

Susan: I don't know if I already said this, but I'm sorry about the loss of your dad. I hope everything keeps going well with the sale of the house.

Frannie: come back soon. :wuv:

Suzie: I hope your pet is feeling better. Poor baby. :p

Me and Mel are seeing BH tomorrow night, can't wait! :yay:

Luvs to ALL of you,

Mousie

:wave: Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to catch up, Congratulations to our newly appointed Mods, so exciting, Suzie Sue and Debbie!

Will miss dear Galfriends Risa, Bethy, Jill and Christina, (sorry can only manage a couple of postings so lumping this all together), and already missing my Sweet Frannie, I wish you all good things to come.

Suzie sorry about poor little Teeny, she must have extra treats (sez TJ).

Nancy my sweet, your gifts arrive very opportunely for TJ, he had to attend hospital after a nasty bump on the head, he took his gift with him and it kept him occupied until he came home again.

I shall try to post some new photo's of the children later,

Good health to all,

hugs,

Anna x

WHAT???? Anna, what happened to TJ???? No, No, No!!

Sending him hugs!!!

Suzie

Oh poor TJ....I wonder if he and B2 hit their noggins in about the same place? Wait to you see the new pics I have from my visit. B2 looks like he has a racing stripe running down is forehead. And yeah, he ended up at the hospital too. Thank GOD it was the day before his parents left .... I was there but not in charge!

Frannie, Posted Image I want to call but B2 lovingly shared his miserable cold with gramma while she was there and more throat is killing me right now. But as soon as I feel I can say more than a few words I will be calling sweetie.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue