Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Just popping in to say :wave: and that I miss you all SO MUCH and to thanks for all your :wuv: ...cause I feel the same way. I'm still in NY. Had just a few more snags in the rhyme of my life (so what else is new) but hopefully things are getting back on track now! Had to pop in and check my PM's anyway so thought I'd stop by. Also thanks for all heartfelt messages. You guys will always be my fanmily no matter what! Did a quick read through to catch up and hope to be back on full force in a while...actually I've had a lot of time to make some new siggies and get some therapy! ;)

Luv Ya All BUNCHES!

Frannie

Glad to see you drop by Frannie! :hugs:

It was suppose to be in pewter ... well, it's in black. It was suppose to have arched gates, well, they're straight :tantrum: ...lol...but I'm liking it anyway. And the guy has promised to do some fancy type work on the gates...so we'll see. But I really like the effect of the solar lights on the caps at night.

Here's a few pics of my poor bumped noggin headed grandson:

And here's the rest of the pack on vacation:

I don't know how you do it Andrea...taking care of two boys and all the work that goes in to those beautiful hats.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue (trying to remember to make big for Anna to read)[/color][/size]

Your fence is looking really nice!

He sure has a pop knot! My youngest came home from his dad's with a knot/bruise right in the middle of his forehead,I have yet to receive an explanation as to cause.

How do I do it? 1 word. C-O-F-F-E-E :yay: That and I just have a thing for multi-tasking. And I'm a bit ADD so I started knitting/crocheting to keep my brain busy.

:wave: everyone,

Saturday-Baby shower for DIL and son's baby boy due around April 9. Whew, that's cutting it close! Her doc will induce labor if she has not gone into labor by the 9th due to her blood pressure problems and gestational diabetes showing up. There was a lovely sock monkey theme in blue for the shower. Took lots of pics as always. Will post in the Wee Ones thread.

Sunday- son who is the daddy to be came over to visit and was beautiful day so we spent a lot of it outside. I can see that he is very nervous about becoming a daddy but so determined to be a good one. I spent the day trying to reassure him he will do just fine.

:hugs: to ALL my GALS and PALS friends.

Hope you all had a good restful weekend. Gorgeous Spring sunny days Saturday and Sunday. Rainy now.

Diane

Congrats on the new baby! I had to be induced because of my BP too...Love sock monkeys! I've never seen a sock monkey theme before.

I got to spend a Gerry-centric weekend and it was yummy indeed. Saturday afternoon was spent working on scrapbooks (and for me the cards I make for the ladies at The Shade Tree shelter) and then Saturday night was a big dinner at Shin for Gerry fans to celebrate the opening of TBH and the premiere of HTTYD. They did a charity raffle after dinner and I won 3 things including one of those c0ck caps like Gerry wears a lot. So Sunday I went to Universal for the most confusing of premieres. Nobody knew where fans were supposed to line up - it was as if they'd never done a premiere there before (they have). So some of us were over by the Hard Rock and some were by Starbucks and finally we got word that the Starbucks location was the right one, only then a security guy told us that some jerk of a paparazzo got in a fight with a security guy out front so now they weren't going to bring any of the stars in through Citywalk so we wouldn't be able to see Gerry. We remained unexpectedly cool. We weren't a huge crowd, maybe 30 or so people and Joy (Gerry's publicist) recognized several regulars and as she walked past us she said "I'm working on it but it won't be here". We had confidence that Gerry would want to see his fans and evidently so did she. A few minutes later she came back out with a couple of other people including a security guy. She told us to follow her, but to keep it "low key" so as not to attract attention. So the pied piper led the mice (us) to where Gerry had just finished eating lunch. We lined up, quietly, and a few minutes later Joy brought Gerry to us. He walked down the line, greeting people he recognized and when he got near me (I was maybe 7th or so in line) he saw me holding the cap and said "You've got a c0ck hat!" and I told him I wanted him to sign it for Las Vegas. He did sign it and I got about a minute and a half on video which Abrock will put in our multimedia. It will be better proof than a certificate of authenticity that he really signed it - and it will be auctioned in Las Vegas doing double duty for charity!! The 3 pictures in the premiere gallery that say "GALS Exclusive" are the 3 I took. Mostly I was recording but I stopped it a few times for photos and those 3 turned out pretty well.

I still haven't seen The Bounty Hunter. I got home too late Friday, too late Saturday, was going to see it yesterday afternoon after seeing Gerry, but then ended up hanging with Deb and Sally and Almadenannie and others waiting for HTTYD to get out because Deb's and Annemarie's daughters got to go in and see the movie. So I now am hoping to see it one day this week. I'm such a terrible fan not going on opening weekend!![/color][/size]

That's sounds really awesome,I'm so glad ya'll got to do a meet and greet with Gerry.He is such a big hearted guy.

i'm doing alright,been busy with knitting projects. Went to see BH with beachie on Sunday and had a great time! I really like that movie.

Other than that,I started planting my garden last week,I still have several beds to weed and plant(we have raised beds).I have thus far planted turnips,beets and onions.I was going to plant English peas but they have gone missing.The boys were shaking the package because of the noise and I took it away and put it somewhere "safe" and can't remember where "safe" is :lol:

Ya'll all have a good day!

HELLO TO ALL!

Just a quick check-in to say it is great to have new posts from so many of you! I

love to start my day here at the Support Center.

SUSAN--it is through you and others that we can experience all the fun you have when

you get together and when you get to spend time with Gerry. I appreciate your telling

us "all about it" and sharing pictures, too. Sounded like you had a great time.

CHERYL--we did have a great time on Saturday for our little "gathering." We all enjoyed

TBH and then had a couple hours to eat and talk and just had a really nice time. We had

a fan--Meg, who is 15 and her mother brought her over 200 miles just to meet some other

GB fans. I think she enjoyed herself. So great that Gerry's fans are from all age groups.

Nothing like watching a "Gerry" movie with "Gerry" fans!

Well, I'm off for the day. Hope all of you have a good day, too. (Please know, that when I

say ALL, I really do mean ALL OF YOU.)

Hugs, :hearts:

Judy

Edited by mommaduck

Hello to Cheryl, Sue & Diane.

*Big squishy hug to Frannie* Glad you popped in.

Awesome work Susan! Wonderful GAL you are for charity! I have seen in various places that many ladies met Gerry for the first time this weekend, possibly 2nd.

I'm still wishing on those stars & I think I might do daily affirmations. Hey it doesn't hurt, just putting out positive energies into the Universe.

Going to HTTYD solo on Friday. Hopefully I can stay awake for a late viewing...I like kids but not during a movie, so hoping late enough will be less kiddos.

Tomorrow morning I finally see an orthopedic surgeon! Someone better be truthful about my left hip, right knee & right ankle. I won't take any BS. I'll grill the doc if I have to.

Of course I open my big mouth to Reno & he's worried about me now & playfully said he will call Clyde if the doctor is mean to me. I about died laughing. So Clyde will hurt the doctor if the doctor is mean and then we agreed Gerry will be the one to give me XO's to make it all better. I hope Reno has fun in Vegas and gets a chance to join GALS as a PAL. I also tossed in that Dwight (Reno's character) could do some damage to if the doctor is mean.

:hearts:

Edited by Sapphyre

:wave: Anne!

Hope you can find out what you need from the docs without "going all Clyde on them". :funnyup:

Say hello to Reno.

I went solo today to see THE BOUNTY HUNTER myself. I am getting used to seeing Gerry movies solo.

This was #2 already. LOL. I couldn't resist since I was near the theater today running errands.

Take care,

Diane

Peggy, I see you down there! How is everything, hun???

Suzie

Suz, hi how you doin? I'm much better, thanks.Just trying to get my cumadin adjusted.Still a little weak from being in that hospital twice in a weeks time but each day is a little better.

I'm so glad Teeny is ok now.

BTW Congratulations on becoming a Mod!!!

Hugs and Love,

Peggy

Edited by chachababy

So glad to see Peggy posting. I hope they get everything straightened out soon for you.
I love all you GALs. I pray God will be with each and everyone of you.

I hope Frannie is better too.

Sue, didn't know you have been sick.

I can't call out everyone's name. My brain is too fried and I would end up hurting someone's feelings.

I would not want to do that.

So here is a hug for all of you. :grouphug:

Posted Image
May Angels watch over you always.
I truly, truly love you.

Love,
Tracy
:hug:

P.S. Dennis and I really appreciate all the prayers everyone sent up for us and our loved ones.

I too saw TBH by myself, last night, but I think it is the kind of movie better appreciated with a gang of GALS who get the Gerryisms of it. Going by myself, and with probably only about 20 people in the whole big theater, it was not the best experience. Maybe this weekend some of the local girlies will want to go and I can see it with them.

Here is a short video clip (very jerky camera work by yours truly) of Gerry meeting us on Sunday. At 1:33 you hear him see and mention the c0ck hat.

Susan, I love it! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Peggy, Posted Image dear one....I'm so glad to see you here.

Cat, hummmm...I never considered glass panels because I HATE doing windows in the first place and I couldn't imagine how messy they would get around my pool (even when no one is swimming there is always Nessie (my very own Loch Ness Monster). She is my pool sweep and she has a tail that goes wild at least once or twice a day and comes out of the water throwing water over everything...lol. It drives Bonnie INSANE.

Thanks my friends on the sweet comments about my fence, yard and especially my grandbabies (oh yeah, and my DS and DDIL)...lol.

I WILL see Bounty Hunter before it leaves the theater...:tantrum:...I just have to! If I can ever shake this stupid cold!

hugs to all,

Sue

:wave: everyone! Yesterday evening, the family and I went to see "Alice in Wonderland". We saw it in 2D. It was cute, but the theater was freezing and I forgot my Gerry throw, so I sat huddled up under my sweater. I also ate some nachos that disagreed with me. By the time I got home I had the beginnings of a headache that morphed into a migraine! Anyway, I took some Excedrin and went to bed. I forgot all about the Kimmel show!! :bonk: I slept so soundly, I didn't even hear the thunder storm that Good Sport said raged outside last night. I was supposed to work today, but got another day off because they didn't need me. Of course, I'm very unhappy about that! ;):p

Hugs to all!

Feel better Elissa!!!

hugs,

Sue (who is still feeling like crap as well...lol)

Thanks, Sue. :wave: I actually feel fine today. That extra sleep since I didn't have to go to work really helped. I hope you shake that nasty cold soon. Sometimes they can hang on for weeks! :rose:

Awww, Elissa and Sue, both of you feel better and that goes for Peggy too!

Sue, I love the new fence and can understand not wanting glass around the pool! I was visiting some friends one time and their own Nessie sprayed water all over me! How rude! I hate those things, but they sure beat having to clean the pool yourself - when our boys left home, we sold the house we had with a pool because THEY weren't there to clean it anymore!

Peggy thank you for your kind words about Teeny. She is doing very well and should have her stitches out on Monday. Poor wee one, they are driving her crazy!

I stayed up and watched Kimmel last night during a horrible thunder storm. Gerry was hysterical and he seemed to be having a good time. I commented on the Kimmel thread that I really was amazed at how Gerry has friends in VERRA high places. After his appearance, Gabrielle Union came out and Kimmel mentioned Gerry. He says to Gabrielle "You know, Gerry is dating...." AND THE POWER WENT OUT! Gerry is very protective of his personal life, but I had no idea he had a direct line to Mother Nature (Maybe she is a GAL!!) ((I know we aren't supposed to be interested in who Gerry is dating, but come on! :tantrum:))

Anyway, Beacon1 was kind enough to tell me Kimmel said Gerry was dating the Laker Girls (He had shown the photo of Gerry doing a high kick with the girls), but BOY the power going off at that exact moment was just weird!

My brother should finally be moving into his own place tomorrow and I'll get my house back to myself! Sometimes, no matter how much you love 'em, you want houseguests GONE!

Hope everyone has a great day and everyone is feeling really good! Take care!!

Suzie

I haven't had a chance to see the Kimmel interview yet. I was still up when it came on last night so I jumped in bed and turned on the show and next thing I know the show is over!! Obviously I dozed off pretty well and by the time I woke up it was done. Thankfully I recorded it so will watch it tonight.

You know you're addicted to Gerry Butler when you rise in the morning and your first thought as you're stretching and stumbling to the bathroom is, "I think I'm over him! I don't feel that first thing in the morning urge to rush to the computer! I feel normal today! I'm cured! It was all a dream! I feel like my old self again and can move on with my life!"

Then your husband yells up from downstairs in the media room, "Gerry's on TV!"

And you trip over the cat, frantically grope for the remote control and in a panting, sweaty panic, scream at the slowness of the TV to come on! :funnyup:

Delene

:funnyup: YUP, that's called GALS!

HELP!! I have NO idea what happened to this site, but it is confusing, hard to read (TOO dark)/navigate, and I cannot find "MY CONTROLS"!! And I have personal messages to read.

Please help..

Nancy

:wave: Nancy, welcome back sweetie.

Go up to the top right hand corner and there should be your profile picture. Click on the little arrow and pull down your options. From there you can go to your messenger.

The site hadn't been upgraded in over 2 years and we had to do it. Dayna is diligently working on getting the site back to as close to what we had .... it's just going to take a couple of days ... so hang in there.

hugs,

Sue

Finally I've come to this topic!  :D Ok, what am I supposed to write here?  :unsure: Aha, the confession... 

I first saw Mr. Butler when Dracula 2000 aired (somewhere in between 2000 & 2001). Back in the time I was a teenager who used to like all those mysterious vampire stories, so I just couldn't let myself to miss the movie. I don't think it was a masterpiece (I'd rate it 5/10... don't kick me for that, please!  :p )... but somehow it stuck in my mind.

As for the present, Mr. Butler is in my top-10 best actors. But I don't know whether I have GALS. Evidently, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't be here, right?  ;) But you need to find some new signs of it! For me  :funnyface: 'Cause I have none of those above-listed... almost none. I have only one magazine with Mr. Butler on its cover (I do not amass all that stuff); I haven't gone anywhere to see him (and I know for sure I will not do this); I don't have yellow towels; I haven't seen many of his movies (and there are even those I don't wanna watch... again - don't kick me for that!); I don't know his biography (only some facts); Noone teases me... except of my (ex-)b/f... that's his pet peeve; I have only one poster... it lays rolled on a shelf; etc. etc. But it must be confessed that I have a lot of his photos. But as well as I have a lot of pics of other celebrities, and pets, and nature, etc.

What am I doing here?   :escape: But I'm still here   :nanana: I hope, you will not banish me :)

We won't banish you, BV. There are levels of GALdom. Some of us just have a few pictures and one poster rolled up on a shelf. And some of us have whole rooms which we have turned into Gerry shrines with every available square inch of wall space dedicated to Gerryness. **coughMEcough** As long as you love to look into those beautiful eyes and listen to that beautiful voice and enjoy some of Gerry's movies, you are still part of the GALS Fanmily! Welcome to the madness!

NANCY!! So happy to see you, girl!

Hugs

Suzie

It's a great pleasure for me to be accepted to your GALS fanmily!  :grouphug:

We're very happy that you're here! :wave:

Suzie!

THIS IS NOT MADNESS!!! THIS is GBGALS!!!

HAAHAHAHAHAH I love that. I use 'this is not madness' at least 3 times a week at work (a rather LARGE middle school where I do get to teach Greek history...and it usually IS madness!!!) HAHAHAAAAA

Happy Friday everyone --- and BLACK VELVET enjoy it on whatever level. I just had a discussion with a guy I work with (and a former student a zillion years ago) who is TIRED of the "rom-com chick flick" thing from "our guy." Wow. I just told him to belt up cause he was getting 1)Beowulf and Grendel, 2)LAC, 3) Rock-n-Rolla and he was only getting them one at a time so I didn't lose them!!!

HAHAHAHHAAAA Let the madness continue!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies, one and all.

Jill

BV, let me once again Posted Image you to the fanmily, that we affectionately call GALS and especially Posted Image to the support center, where we get to know each other, make friends, share interests (some don't even include Gerry...lol). This is where we can cry on each others shoulders if we need to, share our joys and celebrate with each other and just be crazy if we want to. So pull up a chair, have a cup of Posted Image or if you prefer, some Posted Image and get to know us and let us get to know you.

Jill, lol...that's great!

Well, the plumber is here fixing my hot water pump....he still hasn't told me how much it's going to cost...I'm not sure at this point I want to know either.....

got to go....

hugs,

Sue

BV--I want to welcome you to the FANMILY, too. And yes, there are many levels of GB admiration here. I do have a husband of 44 yrs,

but he is tolerant of my feelings for Gerry, and of all my "stuff" which is on all 4 walls of the little room that is my computer (GB)

room. We got him his own computer and now that room and my computer with the 5000 photos of Gerry are ALL MINE. One day I asked him

if I could use his laptop and the reply was, "As long as you don't put anything GERRY on it!"

Hello to Elissa, Sue, Suzie and everyone else. Our spring vacation is ending up with 5 cloudy showery days--typical Oregon in March.

Was too much to ask for the nice days we had at the first of spring break. I've had my grandaughters here afternoons and we have shopped

and about wore me out. Today we are having a "home" afternoon. They seem happy with it, too.

Hugs to all,

Judy