Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

My long-suffering husband, PAL Good Sport, shares a computer room with me. We each have our own computers, but share a room that not only has a Gerry Shrine on two walls, but also houses my doll collection. He is very tolerant of it all, bless his heart. :wuv:

:wave: Frannie, I just had to show you it's working sweetie...lol

YAY Dayna!

hugs,

Sue

Hello ladies. :) Sorry I haven't been around much this last week,I'm dealing with alot of problems with the boys' dad. And the resulting behavioural issues with the boys...apparently the father figure and his live in gf aren't getting along and fighting and my eldest was exremely distraught when he got home.They didn't want to go with him to the park Weds. and were kicking and screaming,so he had to stay here w/them.It's just a bunch of really complicated stuff.*sigh* And it's really affecting the boys,they've been acting out alot this week. Praying next week will be better.

I kind of like the new "look" of the site. I must admit,I do not have a Gerry shrine as of yet,but I do have a shelf in my room with my Gerry-movie collection. :)

Welcome to the support center Black Velvet! :wave: I have very few of the symptoms as well,I don't have a yellow towel and I have never been anywhere to see him.I can count on 1 hand how many of his movies I have,no scratch that,2.(I have 6 of them) and I haven't seen alot of the older stuff,like The Jury,have never seen it. I have only 1 magazine w/Gerry in it. And I have no one to bug me about my being a Gerry fan,although once back in the Fall I did have a guy that liked me grow facial hair because I said I liked the way it looked. But that's about it.

Well I have some more work to do while the boys are sleeping. Bye ya'll!

Sue and Elissa, I hope you're feeling much better.I'm doing better, My INR (my cumadin lever) has stayed 2.6 for 2 weeks now so I have to go back in 2 weeks and check it again and if it holds at that I only have to go once a month. :yay: It really takes a lot out of me this every week business, at first it was twice a week.That was a real pain but it had to be done and I lived through it so guess I shouldn't complain.Maybe now I can get back to Gals more regular.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well.....

Posted Image Peggy

PEGGY! Oh hon, it's so good to see you! Posted Image You have been so missed. I can still remember the "cumadin" days ... both with my mother in law and than even with Dan'l. He had to start taking it because of the effects with the chemo. It is certainly one of the drugs that fall into "miracle" and "killer" drugs! Take care of yourself sweetie. I know you're already missing Frannie. Da*n I wish that bar would sell so she could go home permanently.

Yesterday was my first day out in almost 2 weeks and I went out to dinner with my sister in law Sharon and my step daughter Darla and then we went and saw Bounty Hunter. I loved it! The theater was almost full and laughter could be heard throughout the movie and when we were filing out people were still laughing and smiling and saying nice things....

Well, got to go get ready for church.

Have a beautiful Sunday my friends.

hugs and love,

Sue

PEGGY--so wonderful to hear from you and that you are recovering from your frightening

illness. Lots of prayers going up for you and FRANNIE and all of your family. We are all

hoping Fran gets the bar sold and does, indeed, come home.

SUE--I bet you have had the same virus we have been having up here. Ours stayed pretty

much upper respiratory, but we "dropped like flies" one after the other. Three weeks

later we are all still sniffleing or coughing. I had forgotten just how rotten a "head

cold" can be! Just glad to hear you are feeling better.

ANDREA--so sorry about your latest troubles with your ex. If all goes as planned, my

daughter's divorce papers will be served at the end of the week. It has to be much worse

when the children are so young. Our 14 yr old wants nothing to do with her dad, but she

will have to spend time with him, anyway. No age is good when it comes to these things.

TO EVERYONE--hope you all had a good weekend and are getting ready for another week. I

haven't seen HTTYD yet, am waiting for the kids to be back in school as I prefer a

quieter and smaller crowd when I go to a movie. So glad it is doing well. I am ready to

go back to TBH again, too.

Hugs,

Judy :rose:

Oh dear Judy...three weeks and you're still sniffling and coughing....well, I'm just starting my third week and while I feel a whole lot better....that nagging cough is still rearing it's ugly head. I must have taken at least a dozen cough drops to get through church this morning. Posted Image Well, at least I know what to expect.

hugs to all.

Sue

It's kinda dismal today after a beautiful spring day yesterday so I just feel like doing a wee bit of decorating to cheer myself up:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Hello GALFriends

Hi Beachie, yes long time no see. Nice to have everyone back here even if Frannie had to take a break.

Susan - It's been so long that I had not caught up on your family woes. It all seems to come at once and I hope you are not getting some of your life back. You are always such a hard worker even here.

I wish I could make June but as the new house will be just complete we will be moving in *sigh*. So I will have to wait another year *Ahhhhhhrg!*

I started to write down responses to all the posts but got lost after page 3. I note a whole lot of new GALS posting. Welcome all!.

Nancy: It's been a while but I think of you often. Don't forget to email me when you get a chance. Love to keep in touch.

Now as for me. Life as usual is hectic but great. The new house is coming along well and completion late May/early June is definately on the cards. The detailes about tiles, colours, taps, light fittings, colour of benchtops, colourbond for the roof, render etc etc seem to be taking up heaps of time on the weekends and I only just get time to go see Gerry's movies. This weekend saw The Bounty Hunter and laughed my sox off. He does rom-coms so well and I must say he has a much better chemistry with Jennifer than with any other actress.

Work is interesting with 5 large IT projects going on at once, 2 x infrastructure, 2 x software development and one security risk assessment. It's fun but full on. And we also had the new house wired for networking and a new story has been accepted for publication later this year.

And then every 2nd weekend we head down to the house (a 2 hour drive) to check it out.

Yes, I'm still sane. If Susan can do it so can I LOL.

I will try to keep in touch everyone,

Hugs to all

Cat

BV--I want to welcome you to the FANMILY, too. And yes, there are many levels of GB admiration here. I do have a husband of 44 yrs, but he is tolerant of my feelings for Gerry, and of all my "stuff" which is on all 4 walls of the little room that is my computer (GB) room.  We got him his own computer and now that room and my computer with the 5000 photos of Gerry are ALL MINE. One day I asked him if I could use his laptop and the reply was, "As long as you don't put anything GERRY on it!" 

Hugs to all,

Judy

Hi! Nice to meet you! :)

:D Your husband is a very  patient person!

You know, I used to be HIM's fan in my teens and had their posters on all over my room   :bonk: Thanks God, that obsession faded years ago   :D But I haven't taken them off yet. They are like reminder to me... That there is no use in being crazy about celebrities. 

So I can understand you   :)

Thank ya all GALS for the hearty welcome! :kiss:

If this is the place where I'm supposed to cry on smb's shoulder, then I'll start doing that ;)

My boss wants me to go and teach again. You know there is a lyceum nearby. And she is a good friend of the head of that lyceum. They've just got rid of their English teacher (for some mysterious reason), but there are still two months left till the end of this school year. I know that my English isn't perfect but somehow I managed to teach there last year. And they even asked me to stay, but that is not my cup of tea. And now this... again. I had no choice. She just came and told me smth like: "You are to go and teach there"... I bet I'll die there someday. Those kids are uncontrollable :(

Edited by -=Bl@ck_VelveT=-

Thank ya all GALS for the hearty welcome!   :kiss:  

If this is the place where I'm supposed to cry on smb's shoulder, then I'll start doing that   ;)

My boss wants me to go and teach again. You know there is a lyceum nearby. And she is a good friend of the head of that lyceum. They've just got rid of their English teacher (for some mysterious reason), but there are still two months left till the end of this school year. I know that my English isn't perfect but somehow I managed to teach there last year. And they even asked me to stay, but that is not my cup of tea. And now this... again. I had no choice. She just came and told me smth like: "You are to go and teach there"... I bet I'll die there someday. Those kids are uncontrollable  :(

That stinks that you don't have a choice. And that the kids are uncontrollable,I used to teach piano and it is very upsetting when they don't want to listen,although in your situation I can imagine it's much worse.I must say though,I think your English is pretty good :)

Ladies,there is a guy in my area that resembles Gerry ALOT,not a spittin' image,but close he even has wavey/curly hair and scruff.I always see him in the Walmart, I saw him last year off and on. I don' know his name and I saw him again today,wearing jeans and a tshirt and I thought to myself "THAT is a fine lookin' man!" have no clue who he is or nothing but he was wearing a tshirt that had "volunteer" written on the back.

Welcome to the Fanmily Black Velvet! Any level of interest in Gerry is welcome here. I spent over 4 years almost exclusively a Gerry fan and then last year I added a new interest in Adam Lambert (who is probably not even known yet where you are, though he is presently in Europe starting to promote his music). I have several friends who became my friends due to our shared interest in Gerry but each of them also has other celebrity interests. I am sorry that you are being forced to return to a teaching position you really do not want. I don't know how your spoken English is but in written form you know the language very well and I would not know that it is not your first language.

Andrea - I hope the situation with your ex improves soon.

Peggy - good news that you may not need testing so often. My dad was also on coumadin and had to have regular blood tests to determine if his clotting factor was OK.

Nancy - I hope you are getting accumstomed to the new format of the site. Dayna is still tweaking things, but others will end up staying the new way. At first I was resistant to the change but now I'm accepting it and finding things to like about it instead of looking for things to dislike about it.

Hope all who have been fighting colds or infections are on the mend.

That stinks that you don't have a choice. And that the kids are uncontrollable,I used to teach piano and it is very upsetting when they don't want to listen,although in your situation I can imagine it's much worse.I must say though,I think your English is pretty good :)

Ladies,there is a guy in my area that resembles Gerry ALOT,not a spittin' image,but close he even has wavey/curly hair and scruff.I  always see him in the Walmart, I saw him last year off and on. I don' know his name and I saw him again today,wearing jeans and a tshirt and I thought to myself "THAT is a fine lookin' man!" have no clue who he is or nothing but he was wearing a tshirt that  had "volunteer" written on the back.

I'm back! And I'm still alive!   :D They were so glad to see me again!   :yay:    I hope it isn't a wrong impression!

My problem is that I like children, I wanna help them, and don't wanna offend them with bad marks&attitude, even though they do offend me sometimes (I've even heard such things as "f*ck off"... for no particular reason). Unfortunately, they feel it and become impertinent gradually   :(

Now, about that guy... They say that everyone of us has his own look-alike, you know, a perfect copy, even born at the same day. My colleague says that it's a real misfortune for one that meets his/her look-alike   :unsure:

Welcome to the Fanmily Black Velvet!  Any level of interest in Gerry is welcome here.  I spent over 4 years almost exclusively a Gerry fan and then last year I added a new interest in Adam Lambert (who is probably not even known yet where you are, though he is presently in Europe starting to promote his music).  I have several friends who became my friends due to our shared interest in Gerry but each of them also has other celebrity interests.  I am sorry that you are being forced to return to a teaching position you really do not want.  I don't know how your spoken English is but in written form you know the language very well and I would not know that it is not your first language.

Hi! Nice to meet you too! :)

I have to admit, that I had no clue who AL was till the day I saw a video on Youtube... there was his song in it :)

Thanks for those kind words!  :kiss: English is not my first language, and even not the second one    :)   But I have been studying it for 13 years or so... Now it seems like I was born with this idea to learn English   :D  But the results could have been better. I have no practice. Absolutely. That's why I read, and listen everything that comes across me. 

I'm back! And I'm still alive!   :D They were so glad to see me again!   :yay:    I hope it isn't a wrong impression!

My problem is that I like children, I wanna help them, and don't wanna offend them with bad marks&attitude, even though they do offend me sometimes (I've even heard such things as "f*ck off"... for no particular reason). Unfortunately, they feel it and become impertinent gradually   :(

Now, about that guy... They say that everyone of us has his own look-alike, you know, a perfect copy, even born at the same day. My colleague says that it's a real misfortune for one that meets his/her look-alike   :unsure:

They sound like they are near their teenage years? I do understand the not wanting to offend them with bad marks but unfortunately as the teacher,you kind of have to sometimes.I found with my students that once they reached the pre-teen age-teenage years they just quit practicing,and then they'd lie to you about doing it. "Yeah I practiced." and then I'd have to reassign them the same pieces all over again which...offended them but,if they'd do their homework they wouldn't have gotten bad marks. But serioualy "F*ck off" is entirely uncalled for :(,I would be offended too.

I say again,your English is very good.I have a friend from Lithuania and her English is quite good too and she did as you are doing,she studied it in school and read and listened to learn more.Her children when I met them couldn't speak any English and now they both are fluent in English and their native language.

I think this guy is atleast 10 years younger than Gerry.He looks close to my age(I'm 29).I have been told I have a loook-alike but thankfully she'd been dead for hundreds of years so I will not have to worry about meeting her or the misfortune that comes from that. :)

They sound like they are near their teenage years? I do understand the not wanting to offend them with bad marks but unfortunately as the teacher,you kind of have to sometimes.I found with my students that once they reached the pre-teen age-teenage years they just quit practicing,and then they'd lie to you about doing it. "Yeah I practiced." and then I'd have to reassign them the same pieces all over again which...offended them but,if they'd do their homework they wouldn't have gotten bad marks. But serioualy "F*ck off" is entirely uncalled for :(,I would be offended too.

I say again,your English is very good.I have a friend from Lithuania and her English is quite good too and she did as you are doing,she studied it in school and read and listened to learn more.Her children when I met them couldn't speak any English and now they both are fluent in English and their native language.

I think this guy is atleast 10 years younger than Gerry.He looks close to my age(I'm 29).I have been told I have a loook-alike but thankfully she'd been dead for hundreds of years so I will not have to worry about meeting her or the misfortune that comes from that. :)

I have to work with 5,6,8th classes (age range 11 - 14). I thought those of the 8th form would be more serious... but, unfortunately, they are only more embittered than younger pupils... esp girls   :unsure:

I have to work with 5,6,8th classes (age range 11 - 14). I thought those of the 8th form would be more serious... but, unfortunately, they are only more embittered than younger pupils... esp girls   :unsure:

That is the age I had trouble with mine too,but I am suprised the girls are more embittered,usually the boys are the ones that act out more. Don't know what else to say other than I wish you luck with them and I will pray that they calm down and their hearts loose that embitterment :)

Andrea - I hope the situation with your ex improves soon.

I hope so too,he has some issues,maybe it's a chemical embalance or something,he went from being majorly clingy(coming over to my house to play w/the kids,drawing pics of our "family" etc...),to mean and like i described in my post last week,and then Sunday,he left me a voice mail while I was in church,then called my Mom when he couldn't find me and he had been crying.Then I called him and asked what was wrong and he started sobbing about how he misses his boys etc...I just sat there and listened to him.That's all I can do.

Now, about that guy... They say that everyone of us has his own look-alike, you know, a perfect copy, even born at the same day. My colleague says that it's a real misfortune for one that meets his/her look-alike :unsure:

I met my doppleganger when I was 17. She was less than a year older than me and she was the same height, weight, body structure, you name it. We were at a camp and people were constantly mistaking us for each other. I never saw her again after that, but you never know, we may cross paths again. :unsure:

Just dropping by to say hello. I went to the orthopedic surgeon on the 24th. My right ankle has tendonitis due to the 32 inch TV falling on it back at the beginning of Feb, left hip has bruisitis & my right knee has chonodmalacia (sp?). I'm in a walking boot til April 7th and they want me to set up physical therapy for my knee & hip which I've been lazy about. I can't seem to get my hands on a TBH movie poster or HTTYD. The latter was great & I hope to take my young nephew. Hope all is well with everyone.

Sapphyre - all I can say is OUCH - sounds very uncomfortable. TBH has only just come out but a lovely niece who works in a cinema got a poster for me. I would get one for you but.... I live in Australia so...

Sorry :-(

I never met my doppleganger but she was in the Navy with me. She was an officer and I was a Petty Officer and people used to salute me and then go "oops". Aren't you ....???? Was always funny.

Andrea, maybe it is the 5 cycles of grief, not believing (clingy), to anger etc etc. Still, I hope it improves for you.

Black Velvet - if English is not your first or second language... Noooo one will ever notice :-)

Susan, I love the new format. Clean and clear. It's about the 3rd time or so we have had changes and they are always an improvement.

OK now back to paying bills *sigh* it never ends.

Hugs to all

Cat

Just popping in to say HI :wave:

Anne ~ Man sorry you're still ahving trouble from the TV accident girl! Hope the doc can help you out.

Judy ~ sorry you're not feeling well nieghbor! I started feeling bad last night and this morning woke up to a terrible cold UGH!

We just had company and one of them was sick. I think they left the cold behind!

:welcome: Black Velvet! Good to have you on board!

Hugs all,

Cheryl

That is the age I had trouble with mine too,but I am suprised the girls are more embittered,usually the boys are the ones that act out more. Don't know what else to say other than I wish you luck with them and I will pray that they calm down and their hearts loose that embitterment :)

I hope so too,he has some issues,maybe it's a chemical embalance or something,he went from being majorly clingy(coming over to my house to play w/the kids,drawing pics of our "family" etc...),to mean and like i described in my post last week,and then Sunday,he left me a voice mail while I was in church,then called my Mom when he couldn't find me and he had been crying.Then I called him and asked what was wrong and he started sobbing about how he misses his boys etc...I just sat there and listened to him.That's all I can do.

Thanks a lot!  :kiss: I hope I'll make it through   :)

I don't wanna poke my nose into your life, bu I can't understand what's the problem with your ex

:tissues:

I met my doppleganger when I was 17.  She was less than a year older than me and she was the same height, weight, body structure, you name it.  We were at a camp and people were constantly mistaking us for each other.  I never saw her again after that, but you never know, we may cross paths again.  :unsure:

:faint: What a coincidence! She was so close to you!

Strange, I  haven't meet mine yet... I can't even remember if I've ever heard of her existence. 

When I was a freshman and sophomore in high school there was another student with whom I was always being confused and she with me. As sophomores we became best friends and I remember standing in the bathroom mirror together trying to figure out why people thought we were one another because we didn't see any similarities at all. We weren't even the same height, our hair was different (hers was wavy, thick, coarse and darker than mine while mine was thin, fine and straight) she was more curvaceous than I was, she had an even much more severe case of acne, her eyebrows were heavier and darker, her lips were fuller, so it baffled us both why that happened all the time (and it happened before we ever became friends). In 2006 I met my first birth half-sister and everyone thinks we look alike (we have the same mother but different fathers). I see some similarities but quite a lot of differences too. We don't look like any of the other half-siblings either.

I've never encountered an actual look alike, but the other day at work, a nurse from the OB ward told me that I looked very familiar to her and she asked me my name. We tried to figure out where we might have met before, compared hospitals where we had worked and came up blank. About an hour later she came into the newborn nursery and asked me if my last name had ever been this other surname. It was my maiden name. Turns out, I was her Spanish teacher years ago when I was a high school teacher! I'm really surprised she recognized me as that was over 30 years ago when I was in my early 20s! She's only about 5 years younger than me. She very graciously said I had only changed a tiny bit! :p