Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Thanks a lot!  :kiss: I hope I'll make it through   :)

I don't wanna poke my nose into your life, bu I can't understand what's the problem with your ex :tissues:

I'll try to make this as brief as possible.My ex is my ex-husband.He is not a very nice man.He has some issues...mood swings and such. If you have any other questions,feel free to PM me and I'll try to explain the best I can.

To answer Cat,not the 5 cycles of grief,he acted like this during our marriage too.One minute he'd be fine and happy,next he'd be furious...:unsure: Atleast now I don't have live in the same house with him :D Today he was back to being angry.(he was over here this evening) Oh well. :)

Well have to head to bed now,my kids will be up in 7 hrs.Night everyone!

Andrea, I am still remembering you in my prayers. I know everything will be well eventually!

Elissa, how great about being recognized after 30 years! When I look at pictures of myself 30 years ago I cringe at the changes!

Just a quick drive-by because it's past my bedtime. Hugs, everyone!!

Suzie

I've never encountered an actual look alike, but the other day at work, a nurse from the OB ward told me that I looked very familiar to her and she asked me my name. We tried to figure out where we might have met before, compared hospitals where we had worked and came up blank.  About an hour later she came into the newborn nursery and asked me if my last name had ever been this other surname. It was my maiden name.  Turns out, I was her Spanish teacher years ago when I was a high school teacher! I'm really surprised she recognized me as that was over 30 years ago when I was in my early 20s!  She's only about 5 years younger than me. She very graciously said I had only changed a tiny bit! :p

I have such story also! The only difference is that my first teacher recognized me! Few years ago my mother and I went to the city where I was born. It was an early morning and we were heading to the court (we had some problems with my father) & jumped into the trolley. I saw my teacher and was like: "Mum... I think, I've seen this lady somewhere..." I just couldn't recognize her. And she turned round and said to me: "Irene, is that you?" It was like -  WOW, that's impossible! I was astounded! So many years had passed! And I was a little girl (6-7 years old)! 

I have such story also! The only difference is that my first teacher recognized me! Few years ago my mother and I went to the city where I was born. It was an early morning and we were heading to the court (we had some problems with my father) & jumped into the trolley. I saw my teacher and was like: "Mum... I think, I've seen this lady somewhere..." I just couldn't recognize her. And she turned round and said to me: "Irene, is that you?" It was like -  WOW, that's impossible! I was astounded! So many years had passed! And I was a little girl (6-7 years old)! 

You know,none of my past teachers have ever recognized me,I guess because when I was young I had big thick glasses and my hair style was different.Much different.I have recognized them,but I always hesitate to say something when I noticed they didn't know who I was.

You know,none of my past teachers have ever recognized me,I guess because when I was young I had big thick glasses and my hair style was different.Much different.I have recognized them,but I always hesitate to say something when I noticed they didn't know who I was.

The same thing happens to me, when I see people from my past... I too hesitate whether to talk to them and let them recognize me. Maybe it's a kind of psychological complex. Or maybe the reason is that I always let people slip away from my life, and my belief that if someone forgets about you, then there's no need to bother him/her with your presence   :unsure:

Just dropping by to say hello. I went to the orthopedic surgeon on the 24th. My right ankle has tendonitis due to the 32 inch TV falling on it back at the beginning of Feb, left hip has bruisitis & my right knee has chonodmalacia (sp?). I'm in a walking boot til April 7th and they want me to set up physical therapy for my knee & hip which I've been lazy about. I can't seem to get my hands on a TBH movie poster or HTTYD. The latter was great & I hope to take my young nephew. Hope all is well with everyone.

Oh, that is really terrible! But keep your chin up! There are only 6 days left till April 7th  :rose: 

It's a high time to start ticking these 6 days away :)

I thought that I would be spending this weekend home but my son has informed me that he is driving up tomorrow to pick me up and will bring me home Monday morning (it's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way) so he's serious that he wants his mama around for Easter...lol. We will be taking B2 and Fynn to an easter egg hunt on Saturday (not that I expect Fynn will be doing any hunting yet..lol).

But just in case I don't get back...I wanted to wish each and every one of you:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

I thought that I would be spending this weekend home but my son has informed me that he is driving up tomorrow to pick me up and will bring me home Monday morning (it's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way) so he's serious that he wants his mama around for Easter...lol. We will be taking B2 and Fynn to an easter egg hunt on Saturday (not that I expect Fynn will be doing any hunting yet..lol).

But just in case I don't get back...I wanted to wish each and every one of you:

That's great that you get to spend Easter with your son!Ya'll are going to have a ton of fun! Happy Easter to you as well. :)

I'll be around most of the weekend,the boys' grandad is coming to get them tomorrow afternoon,then their Dad will bring them back 6 Sat. then I have to give them to him after church on Sunday and then get them back at %.So busy.But atleast i get them Easter morning! :) And we get to hunt eggs...I have dozens of plastic eggs to fill up while they are at their Dad's house.

Sunday afternoon while they are with their Dad I'm going to go see HTTYD and then next week I plan on taking Ethan to see it. And today my Mom bought both boys HTTYD tshirts.They were so excited about their "Dragon" shirts :)

Thanks Cheryl. I take the boot off now since it's so hot when I get home. I have to keep reminding myself to prop it. It's uncomfortable sleeping because I'm in pain and now the pain is hitting my lower back due to my hip. I haven't picked up the phone yet to get into physical therapy & I'm madder than a hatter that I can't do water aerobics just yet. I also don't think the boot is helping.

Thanks Cat! Well I don't want you to have to go to any trouble with attempting to ship to the USA even with me paying you so thanks for thinking of me. I think I'm SOL unless I can get the one outside the theater where I saw the movie. I haven't checked yet. I don't go to the movies often.

:hugs:

Edited by Sapphyre

Hello, hello GALS and PALS, :wave:

Haven't been on GALS SC for quite a while. Been sorta down in the dumps with all the depressing rain and my car at the repair shop. :tissues:

So today I had my own little Gerryfest! Finally getting my car back from repair shop and with the freedom to do what I wanted after getting some lab blood work done, I decided to go and see HTTYD. Then on to McD for a quick lunch before the HTTYD movie. Didn't get the Happy Meal with the 2-headed dragon- hope they have a Stoick figure soon. That's the only one I want. Then on to see HTTYD. LOVED LOVED that movie. My first in 3D ever! AND...as Bounty Hunter was also playing I bought another ticket and watched that too!

I stopped by my local Safeway grocery just in case they had the new Architectural Digest and they did! I was so happy I grabbed it off the shelf and hugged the magazine! :wuv: I think I am on Gerry overload-- no strike that--there is no such thing! :whoa:

Hugs to everyone! Hope you are having a :gerrylicious: day.

Diane

:wave: Everyone...first I want to send some warm {{{{HUGS}}}} to my galfriends that are hurting...and then Welcome to BV ...sorry don't remember how you are spelling it!

Sue my sweet sister ....have a wonderful Easter with your darling 'Lil babies and your big ones too!

I'm just checking in and thought I might just as well get this off my chest and then forget about it! I know some of you have been on this roller coaster ride with me during my health crisis and I guess I finally got a diagnosis today! It's not the best news my friends ....it's not tragic but I'm trying to be strong and deal with it. I have a chronic condition called Gastroparesis... it means that my digestive tract is very very slow and I can't digest my food. The only thing they can do for me now is to treat me with a very dangerous drug called Reglan and that will be only temporary but I have to tell you...I don't think I'm going to take this drug. The side effects are just way too scary... According to the Doc this will be for the rest of my life and I still will not be able to eat normal again...she even suggested I could go on a liquid diet!! How does one live on just liquids. I have to tell you I am not satisfied at all with this Doctor...I think she's right out of med school and does not have the credentials that I think in my case I'm going to need so I am definitley going to get a second opinion! She seemed so distant and cool when she told me what she suspected...I mean a little compassion wouldn't have hurt as I was devastated .....Anyway, that's what I had to say and as I said...I'm not giving up. I'm looking into other alternatives. Sorry to be such a downer but there was no other way and I really wanted to get this out of me before I scream !! My DH is pretty bummed too but I try and let him know I'm okay with it! Just ....Thanks for listening you guys...Ir's so good to be able to come here and let it all out.

BTW....In case I don't get back here...Have a Blessed Easter everyone! :kiss:

Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Oh Frannie, I'm here if you need me. I'll have my cell phone and you have the number so if you need to talk...please call me sweetie. I'm glad that you are seeking a second opinion and that you are not giving up. Thank God it isn't cancer (which was my greatest fear) and even if it turns out to be Gastroparesis ... it can be treated and you know I'm going to be all over cyberspace doing research on this!

love you!

hugs,

Sue

Mel (Abrock) has been sick for the last week and today was told it could be her gallbladder. They have scheduled more tests, but not for another week. So let's pray that it's nothing serious and that it will be taken care of easily. Thank you to you all. :wuv:

Mousie

P.S. I have also posted in the Prayers thread.

:wave: Everyone...first I want to send some warm {{{{HUGS}}}} to my galfriends that are hurting...and then Welcome to BV ...sorry don't remember how you are spelling it!

Sue my sweet sister ....have a wonderful Easter with your darling 'Lil babies and your big ones too!

I'm just checking in and thought I might just as well get this off my chest and then forget about it! I know some of you have been on this roller coaster ride with me during my health crisis and I guess I finally got a diagnosis today! It's not the best news my friends ....it's not tragic but I'm trying to be strong and deal with it. I have a chronic condition called Gastroparesis... it means that my digestive tract is very very slow and I can't digest my food. The only thing they can do for me now is to treat me with a very dangerous drug called Reglan and that will be only temporary but I have to tell you...I don't think I'm going to take this drug. The side effects are just way too scary... According to the Doc this will be for the rest of my life and I still will not be able to eat normal again...she even suggested I could go on a liquid diet!! How does one live on just liquids. I have to tell you I am not satisfied at all with this Doctor...I think she's right out of med school and does not have the credentials that I think in my case I'm going to need so I am definitley going to get a second opinion! She seemed so distant and cool when she told me what she suspected...I mean a little compassion wouldn't have hurt as I was devastated .....Anyway, that's what I had to say and as I said...I'm not giving up. I'm looking into other alternatives. Sorry to be such a downer but there was no other way and I really wanted to get this out of me before I scream !! My DH is pretty bummed too but I try and let him know I'm okay with it! Just ....Thanks for listening you guys...Ir's so good to be able to come here and let it all out.

BTW....In case I don't get back here...Have a Blessed Easter everyone! :kiss:

Frannie

Ah jeez, so sorry, Frannie! Digestive disorders are the pits of the pits. :tantrum: My doctor didn't have the best bedside manner either, after my colonoscopy, he informed me that my colon was "a mess!". Thank goodness I was still out of it from the anesthesia or I would have panicked for sure (the diagnosis was crohn's disease). Do go get that second opinion. Good luck!

Mousie :wuv:

typing with one hand because i have a 2 yr old in my lap,

Frannie,do get a second opinion.compassion should be a employment requirement for doctors.

mousie, i will be praying for mel.

Thanks you guys....I am definitely all over the internet myself looking for alternatives and YES I am getting a second opinion!

Mousie....I know Sweetie that you have been suffering for so long with Crohn's and I know how debilitating that is! My good friend has a friend that has been suffering for years and I know the flare ups she gets are devastating! My heart aches for you my friend.

Sue...I thank you from the bottom of my heart and yes, I will welcome the help on whatever you can find out for me! That's why I love ya Girl!! :kiss:

Andrea, Thank you my friend...I know you have a lot on your plate right now too Hun....I think about all my Gals and if only we could make a wish and make all the bad things magically disappear! ;)

I said once kind of openly...I'd give anything to get thin again...I wish I could take back that statement! :doh:

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Hi everyone. I hope all is well. Just peeking in to say hi! School is going great. Family is great and busy. I think of the Redding Gals often.

Jen Jobella

Frannie,

A really off the wall suggestions, I know it would be a long haul & well as stated...off the wall, have you thought about coming down here to Vanderbilt and have them take a good look at you? Vandy is known for it's good doctors. It's just a thought. I know it would be a very long drive and gas is expensive but I figured a plane ticket would be more expensive. Bonus though if you were to come down, maybe we could see HTTYD if it's still in theatres. That is crappy about the digestive thing. I hope there is another doc for you that'll be brilliant AND compassionate. I have digestive problems but not to that extent. However I've noticed my body declines a lot of foods which is very frustrating. I can't always eat chicken all the frickin time and I'm not entirely a fan of pork. My body hates me if I eat properly cooked red meat. I hate it because I love steak, I love hamburgers and I love putting meat in my spaghetti sauce. SUPER HUGS Frannie! I need to give you my number, email addy & snail mail addy. Miss you sweetie!

To anyone who goes to McDonald's: Will you let me know if you can grab an extra Stoick? I don't know if they are doing Toothless or not.I might be able to ask my step brother when I see him tomorrow since he has a kid. I don't go only because my body hates me if I eat fast food *pouts*

Frannie and Mel, remembering you both in prayers.

Frannie, that liquid diet thing sounds gross. Would it be possible to eat very small meals several times a day? I'm sure you have already made a list of hard to digest items (like dairy), but I'm sure there are things out there that are much easier to digest. Good luck, sweetie, and like the others, I'll be all over the place trying to find things that can help.

I too want to wish all my GALfriends a verra Happy Easter, and Happy Passover to those who celebrate it.

Hugs,

Suzie

Hello ladies...did ya'll know that Walmart is carrying a TON of HTTYD stuff! They have action figures and books and They have sticker packs in the trading card section and backpacks and shoes and skateboards and..and..and..

Next week I have a feeling i'll be buying 2 foam swords and the a Stoick backpack(with lunch box)and a diff. dragon backpack...Going to take my eldest to see it next week.This movie is just perfect for 2 little boys who are obssessed with dragons :)And they have a giant cardboard viking boat in the middle of Walmart.Mom suggested I take the boys up there and take their pic w/it.lol

My boys are at their dads today,I have to put their Easter baskets together this afternoon and I bought a gluten free muffin mix to make them some banana muffins for Easter breakfast tomorrow.And i have plastic eggs to stuff w/ M&M's...I have 5-6 more hrs before they'll be home.I miss my boys.

Well,I guess I better get to stuffing those eggs now.Hope you all have a blessed Easter.

Oh, Frannie, I don't know how I missed this thread for the last couple of days. I am

so sorry your diagnosis wasn't something easily controlled, but I agree that you might

get a second opinion and perhaps do go to a clinic or hospital that deals with these

things. It is the rest of your life, and you are worth whatever it costs. Hang in there,

we are all pulling and praying for you! Sometimes the doctors give up too easily.

Today, I will just make this short, and wish everyone a very HAPPY EASTER! For those

who don't celebrate the holiday--have a wonderful day, just because!

Hugs to all,

Judy P.S. I got the 3 ft. stuffed "Toothless" and the little growling baby dragon, just

so cute I couldn't resist.

:wave: everyone! I hope you're all having a great Easter weekend. I had two unexpected days off. I wasn't needed at work yesterday or today, census is down. Erin and I went out shopping today and got her dress and shoes for Saturday night in Vegas. The mall was a zoo, but I guess that's to be expected on Easter Saturday.

Frannie-please get another opinion. We occasionally give Reglan to babies in the NICU, but only on a short-term basis. I can't believe that anyone would suggest use of that drug long-term or a liquid diet either. Praying for you!

Mel-I pray that you feel better really soon, and that your problem is easily treatable. Hang in there!

Hugs and Posted Image to all! Happy Passover too!

Frannie,

I agree 100% with you.....seek out another opinion. You might be very surprised how often people are miss diagnosed. And if it is indeed Gastroparesis....then you can rest assured that you have confirmed it with another doctor. As a nurse, I see many patients that have sought out second opinions and that's absolutely what I would do! I'll be sending prayers your way. Keep your chin up dear Frannie!

Hugs, Linda

Happy Easter to my Dear Fan-mily! Hoping that your eggs get hunted, your bunnies have wiggling noses, and your time with your families is time to remember -- a real Kodak moment.

Mousie, thanks for sharing about Mel. Take care of yourself and let us know how she is doing. Mel, you are in my thoughts.

Fran, oh my goodness. It's a good answer, but there used to be an excellent old comment -- "trust, but verify"...member? Couldn't think of any better advice than that --- especially as it is exactly what Poppy would do --- and I'd follow that over any thing else, always. :kisswink: But, do what needs to be done, tell us all about it, and trust....

SUE! I am so glad that B1 decided what your plan was. I dropped by today and this explains why you weren't there....but, 'egging' it up with the boys? THAT'S more like it! Happy Easter my friend.

Jobella! So, glad to hear that all is going well with you. Keep it up. We're out here when you get some time to hook up.

And to everyone else --- much love. May this winter get over sometime or other (didn't that darn groundhog predict this? Blast the thing...)...and may we ALL move on to beautiful spring...

Lots of love, Jill :butterfingergif: