Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

:wave:

I hardly dare to venture in here, its been so long - months, years probably. But I just wanted to tell everyone who knows and remembers me that I haven't forgotten you.

I'm still here, but life goes on and things change. Just wanted to give a quick sign of life.

Happy Easter to everyone :wave:

Risa

:wave: Risa! Good to see you! Happy Easter to you, too! :)

First of all :wave: Risa!! Long time no see...glad to see you popping in!

Poppy Sweetie, I am definitely not going to settle for one opinion...sometimes I think when they can't get answers fast enough they grab at straws! Thanks my friend...BTW, your siggy is adorable!!:cunning:

Wow, I've noticed this place has been pretty slow. I hope it's just because of the holiday and RL and no other reason.. I know I am slowly getting used to the new format...problem is ...this old Dame has a hard time with change!!:p But I will not let it scare me away! This is GAAAALS! in my best King Leo roar!

Big {{{{HUGS}}}} Galfriends...I so miss Kathy, and Anna, and Betts, and EM, and ....oh you get the picture!!;)

:kiss: Frannie

First of all :wave: Risa!! Long time no see...glad to see you popping in!

Poppy Sweetie, I am definitely not going to settle for one opinion...sometimes I think when they can't get answers fast enough they grab at straws! Thanks my friend...BTW, your siggy is adorable!!:cunning:

Wow, I've noticed this place has been pretty slow. I hope it's just because of the holiday and RL and no other reason.. I know I am slowly getting used to the new format...problem is ...this old Dame has a hard time with change!!:p But I will not let it scare me away! This is GAAAALS! in my best King Leo roar!

Big {{{{HUGS}}}} Galfriends...I so miss Kathy, and Anna, and Betts, and EM, and ....oh you get the picture!!;)

:kiss: Frannie

:bonk:

Oops on that last blank post!

Hi, Frannie! I love your siggy once again...you're the best!

:yourock:

I will be talking to Kathy today. I am guessing her computer is still on the blink. AND they had some flooding at their house the day after they returned from Florida. We are going to go see TBH together since she hasn't seen it yet...I've seen it several times. But you know how it is, you can never see a Gerry film too many times. And I loved TBH.

Hope you're doing well. My dad is doing very poorly and the stress is so hard on my mother...if it's not one thing it's another, right?

Hi to all...have a good day.

:woohoo:

Leslie

I'm so sorry your Dad is not doing well Sweetie. I know I've been stressing my hubby out with my health problems and the poor man doesn't need any more stress so I know what your Mom is having to deal with! All you can do is be there for her.

I wish I was going to see TBH with you guys. It would be such a blast to see one of Gers movies with another Gal! Well actually a couple of Gals! Dang miles between us huh? I only saw it once and that was the last night that it was in our theater! Guess I'll have to wait til the DVD comes out.

Thanks for the kudos on my siggy...I just couldn't pass up using that clip...that lucky girl was in my seat though!!:cunning:

{{{HUGS}}} Galfriends

:wave: Frannie

Hello GALS and PALS! My sympathies are with all of you dealing with ailing loved ones because I'm in that boat with you. It has been pretty hellacious here since just before Christmas when my mom went into the hospital, then nursing home, then assisted living for Alzheimers. Just after getting my mother settled my dad took a turn for the worse and passed away February 9 (he had been very ill for a few years but always seemed to bounce back, not this time). Then my husband had to go into the hospital last week to get his personal pharmacy full of meds regulated and he just got out this morning. We are supposed to be leaving on vacation in 2 days and right now that is up in the air. One doctor says he shouldn't go and the other says he is fine to go and then there is another possibility that we go but come back sooner. But boldly I trudge on, my life held together by Crazy Glue but at times I think some of the pieces are in the wrong place, as though I am a Picasso painting.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I had lunch with hubby at the hospital (they put on a nice lunch for families but sadly there were only a very small number of families there).

Opening weekend I saw HTTYD twice and loved it both times. I saw TBH once but think it really needs to be seen with my girlies who get the Gerry thing because seeing it alone I wasn't nearly as entertained as I though I would be.

Gerry sure is looking exceptionally yummy lately - I don't presume to know exactly what it is - whether he just seems happier, more confident, more relaxed, but it looks really good on him.

Susan, I hope your hubby is feeling better and that you are able to take your vacation, even if you have to come home sooner than you had planned. You deserve some R & R! I hope everything settles down for you soon. :hug:

Susan, Elissa is right...you are so deserving of some rest and relaxation...and I'm praying you get it my friend.

How are you feeling Frannie and how is Peggy doing?

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Hi Fanmily! Just have time for a quick drive by to spread hugs to all those who need them, especially those with health issues, whether their own or loved ones.

Susan, I so hope you get to go on vacation as scheduled. You work so darned hard, you have really earned it!

I have been having a rotten few days. My back yard is flooding and there has been no rain! It appears I have a broken pipe somewhere but the plumbers haven't been able to find it. Every time they turn over another shovel full of mud, the price goes up! They were here for four hours today and as soon as they left, you could see the water bubbling up again! I'm just praying it doesn't hurt the foundation, and I'm already going to have to replace a heck of a lot of sod! I'M NOT HAVING ANY FUN AT THIS PARTY! :tantrum:

On a happier thought....hmmmm....I don't have a happier thought. Going to bed now and grumble into my pillow. Tomorrow is my Gerry Day out with Elissa. E, if I don't answer the door, check the back of the house to make sure I haven't floated away!

Suzie

To answer Cat,not the 5 cycles of grief,he acted like this during our marriage too.One minute he'd be fine and happy,next he'd be furious...:unsure: Atleast now I don't have live in the same house with him :D Today he was back to being angry.(he was over here this evening) Oh well. :)

Urgh, that must have been a daily ride to somewhere not too nice *Phew*. You seem to be better off now I guess.

Life is getting busy. For you who know me, just let me say I have again taken on a huge project and wondering why I do this to myself. For you who don't really know me yet, this tells you something LOL. I'm a sucker for punishment LOL.

The new house is coming along well. We should be ready to move in early June. However, the retirement has had to be put off. The challenge above will take to Christmas to solve. THEN I WILL REALLY RETIRE I promise.

Hugs to everyone.

Cat

My younger brother has gotten into a terrible mess. But what irritates me the most is that he constantly disappoints my mother. She suffers so much because all of those "stories"   :unsure:

April, Posted Image ... and dry those eyes and have faith in yourself sweetie and most especially have faith in the One who all these prayers are being sent to because He does have a plan for you and in His time it will happen. I know it's hard .... but we are here for you if you need a hug or a shoulder to cry on or just a friend who understands and can hopefully make you smile. I'm going to pray that this meeting with the director goes well and that he/she can see just how much your dream is to be a teacher and how much you love children and what a great full time teacher you would make.

love,

Sue

April, I agree with others. Chin up and "fake it utill you make it". Confidence, externally at least, wins jobs.

Good luck and hang in there.

Cat

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Well it wasn't bad but not great either! He's looking to reduce instead of hire! He'll know in May if he has any openings and said he'd give me an opportunity if he did! So I wait and I sing! Singing seems to be my stress outlet! Lady Antebellum songs!

:hugs:

April

All of that and then you have to wait unti MAY to find out--so sorry, wish it had

been a "yes," and a you knew today. Well, hang in there and we are all here to love

and support you whatever happens.

Hugs to all, (seems like a lot are needing hugs lately, not that we can't always use 'em)

Judy

Hello everyone.Sorry it's been a bit since I posted,things have been really fast paced and stressful the last week or so.I've been trying to read the posts,but then someone starts hollering and i have take off without replying to anything.So I am trying, to carve out time between kids hollering to catch up with you gals :)

Hello GALS and PALS! My sympathies are with all of you dealing with ailing loved ones because I'm in that boat with you. It has been pretty hellacious here since just before Christmas when my mom went into the hospital, then nursing home, then assisted living for Alzheimers. Just after getting my mother settled my dad took a turn for the worse and passed away February 9 (he had been very ill for a few years but always seemed to bounce back, not this time). Then my husband had to go into the hospital last week to get his personal pharmacy full of meds regulated and he just got out this morning. We are supposed to be leaving on vacation in 2 days and right now that is up in the air. One doctor says he shouldn't go and the other says he is fine to go and then there is another possibility that we go but come back sooner. But boldly I trudge on, my life held together by Crazy Glue but at times I think some of the pieces are in the wrong place, as though I am a Picasso painting.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I had lunch with hubby at the hospital (they put on a nice lunch for families but sadly there were only a very small number of families there).

Opening weekend I saw HTTYD twice and loved it both times. I saw TBH once but think it really needs to be seen with my girlies who get the Gerry thing because seeing it alone I wasn't nearly as entertained as I though I would be.

Gerry sure is looking exceptionally yummy lately - I don't presume to know exactly what it is - whether he just seems happier, more confident, more relaxed, but it looks really good on him.

Susan,so sorry to hear your hubby has been in the hospital and that you've had so much stress in your life lately. And yes Gerry does seems to be looking exceptionally yummy lately lol :)

Hi Fanmily! Just have time for a quick drive by to spread hugs to all those who need them, especially those with health issues, whether their own or loved ones.

Susan, I so hope you get to go on vacation as scheduled. You work so darned hard, you have really earned it!

I have been having a rotten few days. My back yard is flooding and there has been no rain! It appears I have a broken pipe somewhere but the plumbers haven't been able to find it. Every time they turn over another shovel full of mud, the price goes up! They were here for four hours today and as soon as they left, you could see the water bubbling up again! I'm just praying it doesn't hurt the foundation, and I'm already going to have to replace a heck of a lot of sod! I'M NOT HAVING ANY FUN AT THIS PARTY! :tantrum:

On a happier thought....hmmmm....I don't have a happier thought. Going to bed now and grumble into my pillow. Tomorrow is my Gerry Day out with Elissa. E, if I don't answer the door, check the back of the house to make sure I haven't floated away!

Suzie

Suzie,is there a blue print of your house?it might show where plumbing might be or may come out of the house. And they can just dig a shallow trench following the plumbing lines.Another thought which might seem a bit far fetched but i have seen my grandpa do it.It's an old timey way of finding water.They take a stick or I've seen my grandpa use a wire hanger,shaped a certain way and you walk along the ground and it points down when you're over water.I can't remember what it's called. I know it sounds weird but it's just a thought.Sometime the old timey things have basis in fact :)

My younger brother has gotten into a terrible mess. But what irritates me the most is that he constantly disappoints my mother. She suffers so much because all of those "stories"   :unsure:

BV I'm sorry to hear your brother is acting up. As the older sister it can also be very angering to see the aftermath of younger brothers acting up.Mine did that for years but thankfully he's settled down now.you'll be in my prayers.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Well it wasn't bad but not great either! He's looking to reduce instead of hire! He'll know in May if he has any openings and said he'd give me an opportunity if he did! So I wait and I sing! Singing seems to be my stress outlet! Lady Antebellum songs!

:hugs:

April

I'm sorry you are dealing with this right now.The right place will open up at the right time. I like Lady Antebellum too :)

Andrea, you do have your hands full hon! Posted Image

My little Fynnigan has been entered in a baby contest. If you could vote for him I would so appreciate it. I may be a wee bit biased...but he really is such a cutie... :wuv:

http://photos.parent...te/photo/193786

hugs,

Sue

Boy, it sounds like a lot of us have issues! All I can do is offer everyone :hug_you_all: and just spread the loven to my sisters!

Andrea, It wasn't too hard for the plumbers to figure out where the pipes were - they just looked for the little fountain spurting up - that started the next day! Pipes are replaced, leaks are fixed, repair bill was presented, Suzie was revived off the floor over the dollar amount and the STOOOPID holes in the yard are still uncovered till MONDAY! (They want to make sure nothing else happens!) As I told Irish, sometimes having to pull up your big girl panties and take care of house stuff by yourself SUCKS! Times like this I miss my Gene more than ever! *sigh*

OK, time for another dose of POTO! That'll make me feel better!

Hey, I have Vegas to look forward to! BTW: If any of you are still on the fence about attending, JUMP IN! We are trying to arrange some very special surprises and we will have some very special guests (Sorry, Gerry will not be there!) but ReNo, his totally sexy (short lived) "cellmate" from LAC will be there, and we are working on others too. You won't want to miss it! Besides, its tooo awesome meeting some of your GALfriends in person. No matter how wonderful the cyber hugs are, they don't compare with the real thing! Registration information is here: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28888 . I promise you that if you attend once, you will be back year after year!

Huggles, Suzie

Suzie is absolutely right! Vegas is not to be missed. My daughter commented the other day that I start planning for the next year at Vegas while on the plane home from the current trip! :)

Last night I had a board meeting to attend for the Harp & Shamrock Society of Texas. Hubby Bill went with me. The meetings are held upstairs in a private room of a local Irish restaurant and bar, so Bill was up and down the stairs throughout the meeting going for beer or a snack. The meeting lasted much longer than usual and at one point I caught his eye to show him my empty glass. At the time, we were discussing appointments to the nominating committee for this year's slate. Bill stood up to go get me a beer and one of the other board members saw him and said "what about Bill?" So, now Bill is on the nominating committee! He'll probably never attend another meeting with me again. He stood up to go down to the bar and ended up on a committee! Gotta love the Irish! :p

:funnyup: Yeah you do! Poor Bill! Ahhh be he IS Good Sport!

Suzie, :kisswink:

Hello there everyone,

I have not been here in so long and missed so much happening with you GALS. I read and say silent prayers for those who need it and send you all a :hug:

It is looking more and more like my two due to be delivered next week grandbabies (a granddaughter by my daughter and a grandson by my DIL) will be so close together--even possibly the same day! and they are at two different hospitals too! Oh worra worra! :unsure: My daughter may have to get a C-section delivery. Her OB doc telling her the baby may be too big for her pelvis and baby is still up too high with no dilation yet. I have had NO experience with C-sections in my family so I am a little more than nervous for her. This is her first baby. She had wanted me to be IN delivery with her and her hubby but maybe that won't happen but I will be there for any help she will need. My DIL and son will have her mother with her.

My DIL will be induced next week if nothing happens before then. She and baby are doing well and he is in head down position and they are ready. More than ready for things to get going! They are both still working so days don't drag by. To the girls it's been a LONG 9 months but time has passed so swiftly for me. Thanks GALS for keeping them in your prayers. It means so much to me. :hearts:

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Hugs,

Diane

Much love to all my Gals.
I think about you all so much.
You all know I do not do the individual shout outs as I am always afraid to miss someone who may be offended.
If I am not on GALs as much. Forgive me, Farmville is very addictive.
However that does not one bit change my love for this site, the wonderful staff and members and the multi-talented actor we support.
Love,
Tracy
:hug: