Gerard Butler GALS
framolamdu

Gerry at Press Night for Love Never Dies

Gerry looks as splendid as he always does. I love the suit he is wearing, with the waistcoat and vest. Its great that he is there to support Sir Andrew.

I am going to reserve the right to comment on my own personal feelings towards this sequel. I`ve been very loud and clear in the past about them so there is no need to reitterate on them now. I am a purist to the original musical and that should indicate enough. I do wish Sir Andrew the best of luck all the same though.

Is that another purple shirt? :wuv:

I just have to comment again on how stunning he looks. Better than he did Sunday night, if that's possible.

Gerry is just... just... so... :thud:

Glad to see him out there checking out the new show. Must be nice to have more exciting events to attend than time to do it in!

Steph

:phantom2: In my humble opinion; Gerry was and always will be the only "Movie version" Phantom for me.

Having said this; the two can never be compared because they are horses of a different color. The stage production is no where near the same as a movie version; I mean it is like comparing apples and oranges; yes they are both fruit but with a distinct flavour for each individual.

For those who love Opera; it might be hard to adapt to the movie version. I love movies and had seen the Phantom of the Opera in black and white waaaay back when (ahem) I won't say how long ago.

The thought of Gerry attending the show is encouraging to say the least; because he can "get the feel" for the character all over again. With the depth and emotions that he brought to the movie version; I know that he is cut out for that role (bar none other); at least for the movie if there is to be one.

I only hope that his sitting with Barbara on Oscar night; she brought his role of Phantom up and congratulated him on it? She sang "All I ask of you" and made a CD with a few other Phantom songs on it; they were splendid. I know that she is a Phantom fan; and she seemed to have a "glint" in her eye when she looked at our man Gerry...I wonder if she was imagining him with the mask on? :donjuan:

He does look RATHER DASHING doesn't he?? :wuv: I'd love to know what Gerry's thoughts are on it!

:D Frannie

Could you imagine if that was Gerry on stage? :thud:

He wouldn't be able to get a word out through all the screaming :lol:

I would have loved to seen him do theater!

I love the colors on him.

I am so hoping that this is such a big success, so much so that it may go to film and then, hope on hope, Gerry is asked to play the Phantom again!

I think it was so wonderful of Gerry to attend this for ALW! As busy as his schedule is, he's there and it shows the kind of man Gerry truly is. I'm wondering if, too, we will see any of the other original cast from the movie like Emmy or Patrick. The fact that Gerry showed up shows that this really meant alot to him and he's as big a phan of the Phantom as the rest of us are!

Delene

Posted Image What you said, Delene.

I've never had the chance to see POTO on the stage, but I have always wanted, too. :) Now I have the sequel to add to my, I want to see . . . list!"

Gerry looks fabulous!

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

Who is the lovely dark-haired damsel with Gerry at Love Never Dies Premiere? Anyone know?

BlueJean

That is Sierra Boggess, who is playing Christine in Love Never Dies. So there you have a pic of the 2004 movie Phantom, with the 2010 sequel Christine. I think she bears a striking resemblance to Emmy...albeit a more mature looking Emmy.

Swannie

What you said, Delene.

I've never had the chance to see POTO on the stage, but I have always wanted, too. :) Now I have the sequel to add to my, I want to see . . . list!"

Gerry looks fabulous!

Linda

Ohhhh you so have to go see it!I went with my mother 4 years ago for my 16th birthday. We went to London and stayed in a hotel for the night and went to Her Majesty's Theatre near enough every aspect of it was the same as the film but it truly was breathtaking! And I urge anyone that hasn't seen it to do it!Such an experience! Hope you get to see it soon Linda :)

Edited by XxAbzxX

That is Sierra Boggess, who is playing Christine in Love Never Dies. So there you have a pic of the 2004 movie Phantom, with the 2010 sequel Christine. I think she bears a striking resemblance to Emmy...albeit a more mature looking Emmy.

Swannie

That's very cool. :) I think all the Christines have looked alike, though, because that's what CHRISTINE looks like, you know what I mean?

I saw POTO in LA a long long time ago. I don't really remember much because we were in the second to last row and it was too hard to see much, but I do remember that I loved the music. :)

We were up the top aswell where we were. The theatre freaked me out a bit but still as you would agree an amazing experience!

:music:

Hello!

He's so handsome, I'm repeating myself these days, must be "middle-life crisis"!!!! I'm joking!!!!!

Thank you Gerard for spoiling us with pictures, we love you!!!!!!

Josée