Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry on Cover of April 2010 Men's Journal & Feature Article!

Hope I'm okay to post this...and if everone already knows this then I'm the slow one!

Gerry is on the cover of the April 2010 issue of Men's Journal...and, yes ladies, it's a GREAT photo.

Haven't had time to read the article...just bought my copy a few minutes ago. But the caption on the magazine cover is:

"Gerard Butler -- How He Went from Being a Screwup to the Luckiest B_ _ _ _ _ _ on Earth"

Good pics inside, too...like there would ever be any bad ones!!!

Leslie

Edited by becozy to add:

Scans in Gallery Men's Journal - April 2010

Entire article on-line at Men's Journal here

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend scanned her copy and sent them to me :swoon:

Fantastic pictures.

Even better interview.

It's gritty, honest, hilarious, and raw.

Just like Gerry.

You get even greater insight into the man, who he is, what he is, and what makes him tick.

He's a great human being.

Before you ask, I've asked if he I can send the scans to Barb.

She hasn't got back to me yet :lol:

Let me just say, he's muddy, he's wet, and there's a toothpick :cunning:

Ok. I'm sitting in my truck in the parking lot outside Petco. And after buying my sweet Beau, my CairnTerrier, his treats, I just read the article and it really is great!

You gotta love a gorgeous, manly man -- there are very few out there these days -- who is so honest, funny, sincere, talented, yet has such a soft, vulnerable, sensitive side. AND cusses "like a sailor" yet makes a woman swoon, smile and weak-kneed as he does it!

Geez, Gerry, what's a gal to do!

I agree with everything Bailey said.

This one is definitely a must have. I stood in the store & read the whole article.

BTW, the lady behind me in line was looking at the magazine to see who it was & she said "He's hot". Well, he definitely is, but that's NOT the best thing about him. He is so much more than that.

Ren

ETA: As much as I love the pictures with this article, I definitely love the article more.

Edited by Rendita

This one is definitely a must have. I stood in the store & read the whole article.

BTW, the lady behind me in line was looking at the magazine to see who it was & she said "He's hot". Well, he definitely is, but that's NOT the best thing about him. He is so much more than that.

Ren

Amen, Ren!

Ok I have to go look some more tomorrow. We have 4 grocery stores in town so I'll have to go after work and see if any of them have it. The drug stores didn't, and neither did Walmart.

And to answer the pending question ... yes I probably will bitch about it until I find it. :lol:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Ren

Amen, Ren!

Ok I have to go look some more tomorrow. We have 4 grocery stores in town so I'll have to go after work and see if any of them have it. The drug stores didn't, and neither did Walmart.

And to answer the pending question ... yes I probably will bitch about it until I find it. :lol:

You know, I looked first at Barnes & Noble, but they didn't have it. I ended up finding it at Target.

Ren

ETA: As much as I love the pictures with this article, I definitely love the article more.

He's an impeccable human being with great depth and complexity.

You don't get much more man than him.

It's a beautiful, well written piece.

Oh and Deb, those pictures are three separate images :lol:

:woohoo: My dad said he'd go buy it for me this weekend.

Ren

Amen, Ren!

Ren and Lisa...I agree. He's such a wonderful man. How did so many wonderful qualities end up in one person? And

I think this article is one of the best I've seen about Gerry, who

he is and how "what you see is what you get." It's refreshing to see such honesty and no bull_ _ _ _!!!

You know, I looked first at Barnes & Noble, but they didn't have it. I ended up finding it at Target.

I asked my dad if he could buy me a magazine this weekend.

This is our conversation:

Me: "Can you buy me a magazine this weekend?"

Dad: "Why this weekend?"

Me: "Because I know you've been working hard all week and I don't want you to have to go out after work."

Dad: "Which one?"

Me: *slight pause* "Men's Journal"

Dad: *big sigh* "Whose on it? Butty?"

Me: "Butty?"

Dad: "Yeah, Butty!"

Me: "His name is Gerard Butler Dad! Not 'Butty'"

Dad: "No, it's 'Butty' and yeah I guess".

He loves me.

Fabulous scans. Thanks to the gals who sent them and Barb for posting them.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Those are fabulous. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And, what I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall eavesdropping on THAT interview...

And, he's still giving hugs to fans... :wuv:

My head is still reeling over this article. I don't know whether to hug Gerry in sympathy or shake him and tell him to snap out of this self destructive thinking of his. He has so many wonderful qualities but he seems to think more negative about himself. The past is the past and he should only think about the here and now and his future. I think he lives with a lot of guilt. No wonder he goes to a therapist. I truly think he feels that he doesn't deserve his success and that is why he can never get to a meeting on time. It's like he wants to mess up in his career as a punishment for past deeds. Maybe this is why he doesn't feel good enough to have a wife and family like other people. I think my heart is breaking. I think this article proves that Gerry is calling out for help or why else would he unload like this to a stranger who will print it all for public viewing. I feel so like a mother right now. I raised two sons and I know how the male thinks when finding himself. Gerry has not found himself which is why he thinks he is many people.

~HUGS~ Kathy

OMG! Gerry is such a...a, GUY! LOL I don't know what it is about guys and the humor about their bathroom habits. LOL Believe me, I'm use to it in my family...the guys are that way including my three sons who took after their dad. It cracks me up. I get surprises left and everyone wants to see my reaction of disgust. I actually think they would be disappointed if I didn't react. LOL It is all a game. I've heard the stories Gerry mentioned about wrapping something around his waist or roll it up and put it in his pocket...very similar stories indeed... like it being down the pant leg but one would have to be careful not to step on it... My husband always said when God made him, God broke the mold. I think not! Jr out there sounds just like him. I am speechless...well, I guess I wasn't lol

I enjoyed the interview a lot. It captured Gerry, if you know what I mean. It reiterates all the things we thought about Gerry...he has multiple personalities (kidding), his complexities, humor, his ability to feel everything around him, and his ability to open up and just be Gerry. Of course, I can't leave out the vulnerable and affectionate side. You gotta love him...

Sally

Did I misss something? When was it said that Gerry

goes to a therapist? Most people in the industry does,

but I have never heard that Gerry does.

He is just Gerry being Gerry. He is open and honest

to a fault, but that is why we love him so.

I had often wondered about the reason for his crooked

smile and wondered if he had had a stroke. I have a

crooked smile but mine was diagnosed as bells paulsey

when it happened. My best friend, a pharmasist, has

always said it was a mild stroke, and a few years later

I was diagnosed with another small stoke which cost me

part of my sight in my right eye, same side. I had to have

carotid artery surgery at that time. I have wondered since

if it wasn't that all along.

I love his crooked smile, whatever the reason. It is

endearing to me and everyone else, as I read here.

I love the fact that he said he hadn't cut sex out of his life,

that he was off with someone else instead of who the

tabloids said he was with. AND, I'm glad he is safe,

of course, I've always said he would be, he is brilliant.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

This article is why I love Gerry. I've never seen or heard anyone, famous or not, be more open and honest about their life; the good and the bad. Gerry has no pretense about him and I love that. The pictures were in a word, amazing!

But his self deprecation has me very sad. I'm with Kathy; I want to shake him and hug him at the same time. I want more than anything for him to feel true peace and happiness within himself. To know that he deserves to have all the things he wants in this life; because he does deserve it, all of it. I want to see him happy and married, with half a dozen babies who look just like him; with his wavy hair and chameleon eyes, if that's what he wants. I wish he could see how changing his own path and living through it to tell his story has given others the courage to do the same; giving them hope that tomorrow will be different.

I'm sorry, maybe my Gals is having an acute flare up. Or perhaps this is me, just being me with no pretense and no BS.

Bex

Wow. Not sure what else to say. Other than I hope he doesn't really think his crooked smile is a defect because it's absolutely one of the most beautiful things about him physically.

For once, I'm speechless. Too much is actually going through my head. He let everyone see how vulnerable and scared he is, and yet he's such a proud, masculine man.

If anything, my respect, admiration and love just skyrocketed.

Gerry, thank you for saying the things that so many of us think. Thank you for serving as a role model for those of us who are struggling through lives that we didn't bargain for, and showing us that there is a way out, there is a way to change, there is a way to achieve everything you ever dreamed.

Thank you for sharing more of yourself with perfect strangers than most people share with their most intimate lovers. Thank you for being willing to answer every question, no matter how ridiculous. Thank you for your little uncouth outbursts where your mouth and your sense of humor work faster than your brain and your sense of judgment.

Thank you Gerry for helping us to see that no matter how far we've come, there's always further to go. Thank you for being so open and honest in interviews so that we can see you as you are, as human, as flawed, and as beautiful.

I only hope that we can follow your example, and that all of us can continue to grow. Together.

And Badminton rocks.

:wuv:

Stephanie