Gerard Butler GALS

Mod Squad Changes

Dr. Em

Members ~

I make this post with very mixed feelings. Time has a way of changing things and that includes here on the forum.

First off, we have four of our most incredible mods who have decided to take a "sabbatical" of sorts to take care of real life for awhile. I think that sometimes it's easy to forget that those in the Mod Squad do what they do in their spare time and they don't get paid a dime. When Real Life kicks us in the gut, or teeth or behind...it's only natural to adjust your priorities. We have created a new member status for these women who have done SO much for GALS -- some since the inception of GALS. That new status is Emeritus Moderator and you'll see them as blue in the member listing. This special status is given with tremendous love and respect and I hope you all continue to treat them well when they have time to play on the site.

These four special Emeritus Moderators are:

Bethy (cleobethra), Risa (LuvPhantom), Jill (discoveringme), and Cristina (Perrin)

Please take a moment to thank each and every one of these incredible women for their service to GALS.

:ty::hug:

Now for the good news. GALS has been growing by leaps and bounds and as such, we have decided to add a few extra mods to help with monitoring the site, finding pics, news, keeping the MySpace, Facebook and Twitter pages up-to-date and everything in between. So it is with great pleasure I introduce to you your new moderators!

Cheryl (PaisleyScot), Sue (irish), Linda (givemeabeach), Deb (Knight Phantom), Suzie (Texas gramma) and Sally (cybrsal)!

They have all very graciously agreed to become a moderator and I, for one, am VERY grateful indeed. As with all new mods, it will take some time for them to learn the ropes, so please be patient with them. :hug1:

Please also take a moment to welcome our brave new mods. :drink:

:hugs:

~ Dayna

We owe so much to our MODS that a simple

thank you for your services doesn't seem to

ever be enough. It is all we have to offer,

and I hope that past and present MODS know

how gratefuly I personally am for all they do

and for keeping the site up to date so well.

I don't know what I would have done without

GALS for the past few years. You are our

lifeline to Gery.

God bless you all, and I hope the retiring MODS

stay in touch. I have come to cherish each and

every one of you, even tho I have never and

probably will never meet you in person, I feel

I know you through our mutual love and

admiration of this wonderful creature we know

as Gerry.

I know Gerry appreciates each of you, as he has

shown from time to time personally.

I hope to continue to see posts from each of you.

I know how it feels to leave a particular post in

an organization. I was treaurer of a local corale

from inception for many years and health forced

me to pass those duties on. BUT PLEASE know

that we all love you, respect you, and appreciate

all of your efforts on our behalf and on behalf of

Gerry. Please keep in CLOSE touch and know that

my prayers are with you all always for your continued

happiness and good fortune.

Love you all and,

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I am very sorry I missed this earlier.

Thank you, MODS, for all that you do and more. You devote your time, and sometimes even sleep (I know I do when I'm here, I can't imagine how much more you GALS put in.) without expecting anything but a friendly, respectful environment. It is sad to hear that some are leaving whom I never had a chance to speak with/meet. I wish them the best of luck in their Real Life trials, and hopefully they can drop in and let us know all is okay.

:hugs:

And a very warm and hearty welcome to the new MODS! It is a wonderful gift to give to the GALS and PALS at GB, and it's a wonderful gift to receive you all in return. :) Fight Fiercely, GALS. In a good way, of course. :lol:

:wuv:, Amy.

Just want to offer my congratulations to the new Mods! I'm sure you will all do Gals justice. At the same time I wish the others that have gone on to RL good wishes and thanks for your hard work and dedication!

:wave: Frannie

Heartfelt Best Wishes to my beautiful Galfriends Bethy, Risa, Jill, and Cristina as they move forward and onward. Thank you for all the wonderful memories I have of being a Newbie/Gal here at GALS and for all guidance and friendship you have bestowed on me through the years. I expect 'hope' you will stop by occassionaly to say Hello and chatter just a bit. Love and :hugs: Linda

Congratulations to all the new MODS. . . :D Dayna, Admin and Mods thank you for the invitation. *still in shock here in Memphs, and surprised, I said, Yes* I will try to do my best! :wuv:

Beachie

It is always sad when a friend moves away. I'll miss Bethy, Jillybean, Risa and Perrin. I wish you ladies all the best in the world and hope you can come back to da hood once in a while to say "hey".

I would like to publicly thank Dayna and the MOD Squad for their invitation. It is an honor that I will never forget. I will do my best to uphold the high standards set by you and the Emeritus Moderators.

And let me welcome Beachie, Suzie, Irish, Cheryl, and my partner in crime~ Sally!!!!

ok~ I'm gonna go get a kleenex now....*sniff*

I want to add my heartfelt thanks to Bethy Jilly, Risa and Christina. You have given me such help and encouragement and so many memories, so DON'T be strangers. But DANG, GALS, you left some large shoes to fill - see, it takes six of us to do the work you did. Thank you!

And thank you, Dayna, admins and MODS for the faith you put in us newbies. If I may speak for the others, we'll try to do you proud!

Suzie

Deb, hand me one of those Kleenex, will you?

First a hug shout out to...

Bethy, Jillybean, Risa and Perrin

Thank you for all your time and dedication to GALS! Love ya all! :bow::hearts::bow:

To Dayna and all the Mods Thank you so much for having faith enough in me to ask me to join the team!

I deeply appreciate it. I will certainly do my best for all the GALS!

And to all my fellow new mods, Deb, Irish, Suzie, Beachie and Sally Woo Hoo Congrats Girlfriends! :yahoo:

Now pass that box of kleenex :tissues:

Hugs,

Cheryl

Heartfelt Best Wishes to my beautiful Galfriends Bethy, Risa, Jill, and Cristina as they move forward and onward. Thank you for all the wonderful memories I have of being a Newbie/Gal here at GALS and for all guidance and friendship you have bestowed on me through the years. I expect 'hope' you will stop by occassionaly to say Hello and chatter just a bit. Love and :hugs: Linda

Congratulations to all the new MODS. . . :D Dayna, Admin and Mods thank you for the invitation. *still in shock here in Memphs, and surprised, I said, Yes* I will try to do my best! :wuv:

Beachie

I couldn't have said it any better than Linda did. Bethy, I remember how wonderful and patient you were with me when I first joined and wanted a siggy so desperately and didn't even know what photobucket meant. I will always treasure those siggies and as you know I still have them. My dear Jilly, thank you for being my friend and I still expect another coffee break when you're coming through Redding. Perrin, you were one of the first GALS I met in chat and you made me feel so welcome. Rez, I'm not sure we ever had much contact but I know how much you also have meant to us GALS. So thank you one and all and huge hugs to all of you.

Now, Suzie, pass me one of Deb's tissues.

Dayna and admins and mods, thank you for the confidence you have in me....as Suzie said those are hard shoes to follow but I also will do my best. Congratulations Beachie, Suzie, Deb, Cheryl and Sally!!

hugs to all!

Sue

Thanks Dayna,

I want to send a big :thankyou: to the MODS that are being honored for their dedication to GALS: Bethy, Jill, Risa and Perrin. Thank you for all you have done for us here at GALS. Please let us hear from you now and then. We just can't say goodbye.

:butterfly: Congrats to the new MODS Deb, Sue, Suzie, Cheryl, Beachie and Sally! :wuv: You have always been the kindest, caring GALS to newcomers. Sue took me under her wing right away when I was too timid to ask for anything after joining and made me feel warm and welcome here. With the gentle guidance of all you ladies, I have had the most wonderful time and look forward to sharing much more with you. :pointy:

:hug:

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

:hello:Congratulation to all our new MODs, You are all very important to our site

and I wish you each lots of luck and love as you dive into your new positions

:hug::goodjob:

To all the Emeritus Mods ... Posted Image

Thank you for all you have done over the years in making this a wonderful site for all of the members. I hope you will still remain as visible members and friends.

To the New Mods ... Posted Image

I couldn't think of FIVE more deserving GALS who will continue to make our board the best Gerard Butler Fan Site on the internet.

Love you all.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Congrats, Ladies!

And I wish those taking a step back for a bit will be able to come back soon. We love you all!

Best wishes to the Emeritus Mods (LOVE that title) and the newly minted Mods. I know how crazy it gets on a much smaller site and want you to know I truly stand in awe of all the traffic you handle here. AH-MAAA-zing.

I hope you know that Gerry's fan sites are considered of the highest order. It was because of that reputation, that I initially came here. I needed some ideas for my own website dealings for another talented actor.

It was quickly apparent that this was one of the places I wanted join. Gerry is my true guilty pleasure and I really enjoy coming here. And that is due to both the wonderful members as well as the Admins and Mods. You create a welcoming environment with something for everyone.

*bursts into wild applause*

My sincere thanks to you for all of your hard work--past, present and future.

Sharon

Buffalo NY

Edited by beacon1

Best wishes to the Emeritus moderators and thank you for all you've done. :thankyou: and :hugs:

And

Congratulations to the newbie mods :ty: for taking over mod duties. :yourock: I'm sure you''ll do a wonderful job.

:hugskisses: to you all!!

Vicki

Congratulations ladies!!!! :yay:

You have some pretty big shoes to fill but I'm sure you will have no problems whatsoever. I for one know what it's like to have real life take over since my time has been cut in 1/2 w/availability to come on the site, but I do come on when I can. Good luck guys. Now go find me some pretty pictures of our boy. :yummy:

Cassie

A HUGE (((HUG))) to all of our new mods. What a fantabulous group of ladies you all are. I can't imagine a better group to be joining the mod squad! My love to you all! :wuv:

Real life does have a way of creeping in on the fun but GALS has always been and will always be my home. Big :kiss: to all.

See you 'round the boards! :wave:

Jilly :rose:

A special :thankyou: to the MODS that must step away and a big congratulations to the new ladies stepping in........thanks for everything that you all do!!!!

Edited by redroseblackribbon

A HUGE (((HUG))) to all of our new mods. What a fantabulous group of ladies you all are. I can't imagine a better group to be joining the mod squad! My love to you all! :wuv:

Real life does have a way of creeping in on the fun but GALS has always been and will always be my home. Big :kiss: to all.

See you 'round the boards! :wave:

Jilly :rose:

Well, I'm so glad to hear that!!!

love and hugs,

Sue