Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

3/18 - Gerry's Architectural Digest spread

On Regis and Kelly, Gerry described the decor as Old World Tuscany. It's truly a spectacular place and worth of being in Architectural Digest. I remember a few years back, AD did a spread on John Travolta's home here in Florida and it was absolutely gorgeous, complete with runway in his back yard and his big Quantas 747 parked in the back yard. I think AD likes doing celebrities homes, Helen Mirren's was done as well. I'm sure it was not planned in particular that Jennifer Aniston would be featured one month, and Gerry a couple of months after, as these things are planned far in advance. It just worked out that way. Nothing to read into that. I'm glad he's getting this kind of good and positive recognition now, he has worked hard to get where he is, and he deserves it.

:yay: Verra cool! I can't wait to get my very own copy to read drool over! :D

:yay: Verra cool! I can't wait to get my very own copy to read drool over! :D

Actually, what Gerry said was that it is Tuscany Castle. He

planned it that way, to resemble a castle type structure.

He said he loves the chandeliers and the open space.

Someone asked what else he said on Regis and Kelly.

He picked up the relly award he won last year as best

dancer, thanked his Mum and step-dad who were in the

audience, and at the end he picked up Kelly, threw her

over his shoulder and carried her off stage, per Regis'

instructions. It was beautiful. He just picked her up like

she was a feather, waved at his Mum and walked off like

she weighed absolutely nothing.

God I love this man. He is so cool about everything he

does.

He said of the relly, "It's bigger than an oscar." in his

sweet little boy voice, like he had just gotten the best

prize. I love when he does that, it makes him so human.

Must go soon to watch my three interviews of him again,

and again, and again. Tomorrow, BH. I also found Men's

Journal today.

I am indeed in Gerry Heaven.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

He's got my chair. I want that chair. I love things that have that pattern.

Sharon

Trying to figure out how to jack Gerry's chair.

I've got a chair similar to that in my bedroom but it's all red. Also, my kitchen counter tops are called, "Tuscan marble" and the backsplash is Italian stone. See, we have similar tastes?

John's plane is a Boeing 707 and he also has a Gulfstream.

Delene

I've got a chair similar to that in my bedroom but it's all red. Also, my kitchen counter tops are called, "Tuscan marble" and the backsplash is Italian stone. See, we have similar tastes?

Delene

Delene,

You are right about John's plane being a Boeing, but it was an old Quantas (airline from Australia) plane. That was what I was referring to. Sorry I made the mistake of 747 instead of 707 - I'm not really up on those kind of things, just knew it was one of the big planes.

Tense

Love Gerry's loft! I'm a big wood lover so I would feel right at home there.

The wall textures and colors compliment the wood so nicely and creates such a warm and cozy atmosphere.

Love everything about it, especially the gorgeous man :wuv: in the chair.

Joy

Welcome to the site, Joy! You will find it cozy around here too.

Sally

Delene

Delene,

You are right about John's plane being a Boeing, but it was an old Quantas (airline from Australia) plane. That was what I was referring to. Sorry I made the mistake of 747 instead of 707 - I'm not really up on those kind of things, just knew it was one of the big planes.

Tense

No problem. I was calling it that when I got corrected by Mr. "airplane expert". I'm a fan of John Travolta. Google his house in "Jumbolair" and see the sat pic with the planes sitting behind his house. So cool!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack away from Gerry's house! Carry on.

Delene

ahhhhhhhh....the Phantom in his lair!

(sorry GALS, can't help drawing the comparison)

I love the dichotomy of elegant and grand furnishings against a pair of blue jeans. How sexy is that????

Swannie

Actually I thought of that too Swannie; because it looks like one of the chandeliers is a replica of the one from POTO...and did you hear when they mentioned the "Lion's head" and showed it on a beam in the salon? It also looks like from the "props" used in POTO... I think it was Regis who said "No man should be without a Lion's head in his apartment!" Of course it was not a real one...

The decor also reminded me of Beowulf & Grendel...

The very first time I saw Gerry's apartment, I saw the "Phantom's lair", even with the stair way winding up to the left, just like in the lair. Also, the gold fringe on the drapes reminds me of that on the drapes over the mirrors.

I'm wondering if in the magazine, we'll get to see Gerry's bedroom? I don't think that's been "revealed" has it? The one I did see from the gallery was a guest room I think.

I hope Gerry lets us see the inside of his new house in LA someday.

Delene

Thanks for the heads up on this :pointy: I'm such an architecture fan and Gerard has a lovely apartment that deserves to be in there

Great pictures. I love his style. Thanks Barb. :yourock:

Edited by Sabina

Hi Theresa!

The magazine doesn't come out until mid April here in the states. And I do believe they are talking about the great pictures here in the gallery.

I an so excited for this to come out!!!

I can't wait to see the magazine along with the rest of you. I hope they have photo of the imposing ceiling in the entryway? Is it the entryway? Anyway, the picture on the ceiling. I love everything I've seen so far. I think Gerry has a flair for creating an old soul masterpiece. He and Elvis R. should work together more. And, yes, I definitely see the "Lair" in there. :donjuan:

Sally

I got the magazine yesterday at Barnes & Noble. He has a beautifull apartment!

Edited by Sabina