Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry on capital FM

If you go to this page:

http://www.capitalfm.com/on-air/breakfast-...5th-march-2010/

there are two bits with Gerry. The first one is a nice traditional interview. The other one though (Lisa shuns Gerard Butler) is a funny one because it goes to show you that men will be men no matter what their circumstances and women (well some of us anyway) will play cute and it actually works. :-) In this instance poor Gerry keeps inviting Lisa to the premiere and she plays hard to get. I'm sure it was all in good humour, but somehow I felt sorry for guys in general. You should listen how innocently he asks her one more time before he leaves if she's going and how she's "above it". I mean, come on, regardless of whether you like an actor or not, why wouldn't you go to a premiere if you are invited? Either say thank you but I already have plans or go. I hate these games women play at times but it is refreshing to see how Gerry is still a regular guy in that respect.

Let me know what you think once you get the chance to listen to it.

Theresa

:unsure:

I think it was maybe more her being taken by surprise ... I would have been! Oh well ... not everyone can have the good taste we do. :lol:

I'm sure it was all in fun.

ETA: I just looked at a pic of Lisa Snowdon. She is just an ordinary girl! I love it. Gives us ordinary girls hope. :lol:

Edited by phoenixgirl

I think it was maybe more her being taken by surprise ... I would have been! Oh well ... not everyone can have the good taste we do. :lol:

ETA: I just looked at a pic of Lisa Snowdon. She is just an ordinary girl! I love it. Gives us ordinary girls hope. :lol:

LISA SNOWDON? Is that who she is? Because she didn't look anything like her in the photo of the show. Well, now it makes a lot more sense. Dear Lisa, I don't know which photo of the other Lisa you were looking at but there is nothing ordinary about Lisa Snowdon. She was the gorgeous Martini girl in the ad with George Clooney, she also dated him. I think Gerry must know her from his London days because she was also a guest at this birthday party in London.

Here's a link with photos:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...wdon&sz=all

Definitely Gerry's type, no wonder he was "begging". :-)

Theresa

LISA SNOWDON? Is that who she is? Because she didn't look anything like her in the photo of the show. Well, now it makes a lot more sense. Dear Lisa, I don't know which photo of the other Lisa you were looking at but there is nothing ordinary about Lisa Snowdon. She was the gorgeous Martini girl in the ad with George Clooney, she also dated him. I think Gerry must know her from his London days because she was also a guest at this birthday party in London.

Here's a link with photos:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...wdon&sz=all

Definitely Gerry's type, no wonder he was "begging". :-)

Theresa

Oh .. well ... yeah :unsure: OK she didn't look like that in the radio pics. But yes, I see it now ...

Thank you for bursting my bubble Theresa. :lmao:

Umm...............didn't she date George Clooney? That doesn't sound "ordinary".

I can't listen.

It says not outside the UK? :tissues:

Lisa Snowdon is gorgeous though.

A model and TV personality. Very beautiful.

Here is what I did: I pressed "Listen in pop up" next to the title of the segment, then in the page that opened up I pushed podcast and then download now. Then I listened to the downloaded file.

In case it doesn't work for you and it asks for a UK post code, here's one I used in the past in a similar situation and it worked: W1H 7BH. It belongs to a big hotel so it's OK to use, it's not a private address.

I hope this helps. Otherwise I can send you the downloaded files.

Theresa

Wow...even Gerry gets blown off.

I mean, of course it is bound to happen but, c'mon! A chance to go to a premiere with the star of the film.

But, she's probably, been there-done that, and may not be in the mood for all the tabloid speculation that might follow. Especially if she's dated guys like George Clooney.

I don't think it was clear that she would have actually gone "with" him. He just said what if I or we (I'm going from yesterday's memory) could get you a ticket.

That's what I heard, too.

I had no idea who she was! I only went by the pic on the radio station website.

I don't think it was clear that she would have actually gone "with" him. He just said what if I or we (I'm going from yesterday's memory) could get you a ticket.

Agree, he didn't invite her to go "with" him, he knows better than that, he just invited her to the event but he was pretty "persistent". :-) Can't blame him, she's gorgeous and seems to have brains too (other than the fact that she didn't jump to the opportunity to go to the premiere :cunning: ).

Theresa

Agree, he didn't invite her to go "with" him, he knows better than that, he just invited her to the event but he was pretty "persistent". :-) Can't blame him, she's gorgeous and seems to have brains too (other than the fact that she didn't jump to the opportunity to go to the premiere :cunning: ).

Theresa

Yeah! What's wrong with her? :lol:

Theresa

Yeah! What's wrong with her? :lol:

Well, I guess if some things are handed to you, you don't appreciate them. Without saying that she doesn't have to work hard, that girl was born with beauty in abundance, so I suppose that a lot of doors must have opened for her a lot more easily than for the rest of us. Because she was a successful model, she must have had the chance to go to premieres and stuff without even trying. So she's never known what it's like to admire someone from a distance, to travel thousands of miles and stand in the freezing cold for hours just to get a short glimpse and maybe get an authograph or, if you're very lucky, have a photo taken with the object of your fandom.

Theresa

OMG I read "Lisa said no to him" and I thought it was OUR Lisa! I thought to myself, "can't be her unless she had a stroke (G*d forbid) or something! Whew I'm glad the earth is still on its' axis!!

Hugs,

Joanie (yes I need new glasses)

OMG I read "Lisa said no to him" and I thought it was OUR Lisa! I thought to myself, "can't be her unless she had a stroke (G*d forbid) or something! Whew I'm glad the earth is still on its' axis!!

Hugs,

Joanie (yes I need new glasses)

:lmao: I think you know me better than that! If Gerry invited me ANYWHERE I wouldn't hesitate!!!! The man could invite me to clean up Lolita's poo and I would run!

So funny, Joanie!

They are friends as she was at his London birthday party. I didn't get from that interview that he was personally asking her to accompany him to the premiere only that if he got her tickets would she come.

what I like about Lisa Snowden is she never cowtowed to the Hollywood image when she was going out with Clooney, she was happy to stay a shapely normal sized woman.

Moira

You know, I've already listened to this once and tried to do it just now again and it says that due to their regulations, you can't listen outside the UK. Well, I beg to difffer because I did yesterday. I could barely hear it but he was talking to her about going to the premiere or something. But it would not allow me to listen this time.

But thanks anyway.

Delene

Beat me. Whip me. Mr G's laugh starts as high as a 12 yr old girls! LOL LOL LOL Ain't it grand!!??

The Divine Miss S :rose:

You know, I've already listened to this once and tried to do it just now again and it says that due to their regulations, you can't listen outside the UK. Well, I beg to difffer because I did yesterday. I could barely hear it but he was talking to her about going to the premiere or something. But it would not allow me to listen this time.

But thanks anyway.

Delene

Oops! i didn't realize that. I know i can download video files, but i dont know how to do an audio one. if anyone knows let me know so i can upload it.

Sory!

I was able to listen just fine! Thanks for posting the link!

CLARIFICATION! There are TWO links! One reads "Lisa SHUNS" one reads "Lisa CHATS..."

I can listen to "Lisa CHATS" without incident! :woo:

We had already started a thread on this:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...=31610&st=0

If you look at post 7 there are some ideas on how to listen to the two parts and a UK postal code in case you need it for access.

You can install Freecorder4 for free (google it) and it will allow you to download any audio you are playing on your PC.

I have already downloaded the files, if someone can tell me where and how to upload them I would.

Theresa