Gerard Butler GALS

Worth getting "The Young Person's Guide To Being A Rockstar"?

A reasonable amount. This is a tv series which is a satire on the UK music business. Heavy Scots accents are spoken throughout. I don't know whether a dvd is available. I have the series on VHS tape, which was hard to find.

A reasonable amount. This is a tv series which is a satire on the UK music business. Heavy Scots accents are spoken throughout. I don't know whether a dvd is available. I have the series on VHS tape, which was hard to find.

I probably shouldn't admit it but I bought the VHS series from Britain and then had it converted to US DVD. Gerry's part wasn't too long but it was memorable. I enjoyed the whole series. It's risque but funny.

• 2 weeks later...

I did find some clips on youtube. That man can sing! When he does that thing with his tongue, i get heart palpitations! and then later in the same epiode, he's tied naked to a bed with a bloody fruit basket covering the goods. He definitely is an extrovert, and you can see his potential as an actor, and charming the ladies. I was surprised to see Chrissy Hyde in the show (as herself?).

I did find some clips on youtube. That man can sing! When he does that thing with his tongue, i get heart palpitations! and then later in the same epiode, he's tied naked to a bed with a bloody fruit basket covering the goods. He definitely is an extrovert, and you can see his potential as an actor, and charming the ladies. I was surprised to see Chrissy Hyde in the show (as herself?).

Yes, Gerry can sing, but he does NOT sing in Young Person's Guide To Being a Rock Star. He is lip synching.

My favorite scene is the one in his agent's office where he's looking for his pre-show avocados & says nobody likes him. :)

Edited by Rendita

I'm glad to hear that he was lip synching cuz I know Gerry can sing way better than that...LOL

I'm shocked at what UK shows get away with that would be fined heavily over here in the states. Gerry seemed to be a ladies man from the beginning.

:whome2::heat:

Edited by Christine ONeal

• 1 year later...