Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

3/23 - Butler: I'm Scared of Myself

GERARD Butler admits he's "scared" of himself.The Scottish actor, 40, says he struggles to deal with his own "unpredictability".

"You know, what I’m scared of, honestly, more than anything, is myself," Butler told Parade magazine. "I'm so unpredictable and I never know where I'm going to go next. And despite knowing that, it doesn't stop the unpredictability.

"I think I've spent more time in my life going, 'Oh, Gerry. Don't go there, don't be that.'

"Everything else in life I can kind of deal with the random nature of it all and take the curveballs that life throws at me. I’m the only problem there is."

"Some people may think that I’m a nut job who needs to get a life," Butler added. "Look, I take my craft very seriously and I want to do the best job. I’m still bothered by scenes that I did in 2002 that didn’t go the way that I wanted them to go, where I felt that magic moments were missed.

"I know that I had a chance and it’s gone forever. It really bothers me a lot. It doesn’t even have to be my character. It could be somebody else’s character. I don’t want to see anybody lose a magic moment. So maybe I should get a life, but I can’t help myself. I really do care."

Source

I really do care.

That says it all doesn't it?

Thanks Hol!!

hugs,

Sue

After the day I've had today; this really helped.

"I really do care."

Gerry~ I really do too.

Thanks Momma! :wuv:

"I really do care."

Gerry~ I really do too.

I know you care, but do you LOVE HIM?! I mean, REAAALLLY love him?! :lmao:

:kisswink:

"I really do care."

Gerry~ I really do too.

I love him enough to be honest with him! And I reallllllllly reallllllly do LOVE him best!

:funnyup: stop it my sides hurt!

Good article. Thanks Holly.

Ah Gerry, a bit of a perfectionist I think.

Cheryl

Perfectionism can drive a person nuts. It's never going to be good enough which carries you right to the minutiae. A person can care and fine tune, but still know when enough is enough. Magic moments are just that "Magic moments." You can't make them happen. They just do...You just have to show up and do your best. I appreciate that Gerry cares about his work and about his co-workers.

Deb, you may reallllly love him best, but I like him best. I like the way he thinks...unpredictable and all.

Sally

Sounds like Gerry is just like the rest of us "nuts" out here. Glad to know I'm not the only one who beats myself up years after I fook something up.

We're in good company, Gerry. :wuv:

Lisa

Great article...I'm always mentally berating myself for screwing up and wasting so much of my life in a dead-end job even though I'm capable of so much more. I'm 38(39 in September) and still working at Wal-mart. While I'm appreciative to have a job in this tough economy, I can do better. I am currently working on doing just that....I'm working on a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Criminal Investigation and minor in Homeland Security. When I'm not at work or studying for class, I'm studying computer forensics and security on the side. Once I finish school in about 3 years, I'll take more specialized forensics classes to study weapons, forensic chemistry and toxicology while working at the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation before transferring to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

A big thanks Gerry for his refreshing honesty and humility. He's the best and proof that even when someone's had issues, he found a real passion in life and went after it. I love Gerry! :bow::yourock:

Edited by Christine ONeal

Christine well done on trying to better yourself and good luck on your continued studies but there is nothing wrong in working at Walmart - do you not get a good discount working there?? and it pretty much sells everything you need to get by in every day life. My dad could spend hours wandering around the big Walmarts in Orlando - the sad bastardo :lmao:

This is a very good article and sometimes Gerry just amazes me at what he thinks and cares about :wuv: His talent makes so many of his colleagues shine too.

Its so funny when you talk about regrets and what if's because my boss said to me yesterday when we were talking about jobs we should be in that he does not know why I never tried to get into Media/PR or something similar as he thinks I am wasting my talents :rotflmao:

Moira

I really do care.

That says it all doesn't it?

Thanks Hol!!

hugs,

Sue

Just when I thought I could not possibly love and respect Gerry Butler more than I already do...he shows yet another beautiful color in his soul...In the midst of too much craziness in this world, it is so good to know there are things we can always count on...and I know that Gerry will stay *Gerry*, no matter what.

On 4/14 it will be 5 years ago that I got a chance to say Thank You to Gerry for making my sister smile during a very painful time in her life...and he has never let me down, NOT ONCE, since that day. He is the soul of gracious kindness to people all around our planet...he is hilarious, gorgeous inside and out and the most amazing storyteller ...both through his films and in interviews. Every time he gives another interview, he manages to say something new...even when he is asked the same questions over and over...he still *cares* enough to give his best to every single thing he does.

I know I am *preaching to the choir* and that we all share an undying and endless love for Gerry...I just couldn't help but want to share my JOY that he is *still* the same Gerry after all these years...

What a blessing.

Love youuu *all*

and Gerry, of course....

xoxoxo

Cheri

He is stretching the truth trying to scare away all those crowds of crazy girls! Beware of Mr.Butler, he's unpredictable! :p That's joke of course :)

I don't consider those mischievous pranks that he always does as something bad. I think he's a smart boy and he knows what to do in every specific situation :) Though, it is very nice to know that he's aware of his behavior.

It is a rare thing to find people with such deep insight into themselves. The Butler never ceases to amaze me. Looks, talent, brains and the ability to use all of that and keep it all in perspective.

Perfection, absolute perfection....and I adore him for it!

There's nothing wrong with working at wal-mart....sorry if it came off sounding like that. I was trying to say I can do better than working at Wal-mart for the rest of my life.

Gerry you are so very human. You know what the Universe would say to all of us... no worry, be happy.

The be-all and end-all of every wish, desire, and dream, and we are its keeper.

Myself I tend to be a perfectionist and yes it just comes with the territory, but that's okay too. One big school room !!!

That article is why I love Gerry. He is so real. He is dedicated to his craft. He has issues just like everyone. He is a good hearted person which makes him special.

"I really do care."

Gerry~ I really do too.

Oh no you don't!! I do! :snort:

There's nothing wrong with working at wal-mart....sorry if it came off sounding like that. I was trying to say I can do better than working at Wal-mart for the rest of my life.

Christine, welcome sweetie! I don't think we've met. Don't be sorry hon....I totally understand. Working at Walmart is ok...but it's a job (unless you go into management maybe) and you sound like you are seeking a career.....good for you!

hugs,

Sue

Gerry is like an onion...he has many layers. Another layer peeled back.

We care too, Gerry.

Swannie