Gerard Butler GALS
terezoulini

What's happened to the interface of the site???

What has happened to the interface of the site? Everything is different. Where's the Gallery? How do we view new topics since our last visit? Where are the news headlines? They've also disappeared from the front page. What about My Controls? And most importantly where are the thumbnails we used to have on the left hand side alerting us about any Gallery updates with new photos?

Am I the only one with a problem?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Theresa

P.S. I just managed to find the announcement about the software update of the server. Is this how the site will look from now on or is it temporary until he update finishes? In any case, I would be grateful if someone could help with my questions.

Edited by terezoulini

I am not sure I like this format. I am not wild about change. :tantrum:

I guess I am a brat. :boohoo:

Love,

Tracy

:metoyou:

P.S. Teresa, I did see some of those links on your profile. I had to shorten my interests because it was very very long. :doh:

O.K. Instead of complaining let me see if I can be helpful.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?&app=core&module=usercp Controls http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/main.php Gallery I couldn't answer the rest. :bonk:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

It's hard to see but on the right near the top is a link that says "View new content" That's for the new topics since your last visit. And at the very top right corner is a little icon with your screen name and pic if you have one, if you click on the arrow it gives you your controls and info. I jusr found that a second ago :lol:

As for the rest of the stuff, I am assuming that it's a process and this isnt the final change to the board. I do like the 'fast reply' window on the bottom of the page when you are in a thread.

Edited by MareksLadyD

No, Terez, you are not the only one. The board was in need of an update and unanticipated changes were part of the result.

Please attempt to be patient while the kinks are worked out.

I don't know diddly about the technical aspect of all this, but I can assure you that our fearless leader, Dr. Em, is working diligently, at the expense of losing sleep, to get things as closely back to 'normal' as can be.

:thankyou:

~Songbird~

Katie

:wave: Thanks Katie and Dawn. The voting link was not working, but I went to the main page and found the link. I will roll with the changes cuz GALs is my favorite Gerry Butler site. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Thanks Tracy!

In fact, you've given a great tip. Just go to the main page, and one can click on the Gallery, the Forum, etc.

My problem has been finding my "inbox". When I receive email notification from the site and click on the link, it takes me straight to the forum instead of to my inbox like it used to. I finally found my inbox and I don't remember how I got there! I'm too computer illiterate for changes! Once I learn how to navagate something and it changes, it throws me in to a tailspin!

Are we going to loose the lovely pics along the column? And is our personal interests going to be displayed on the posts? I would think that would take up too much "space" as some, including mine, are a bit lengthy. I'm hoping that these things are just temporary glitches.

Delene

You can get to your inbox the same way you get to your controls. Upper right corner where your name and pic is displayed. click on the arrow. It says 'messenger' not inbox but takes you to you personal messenger.

:kiss:

edited cuz i cant type :D

Edited by MareksLadyD

Dayna is working on this, but we have to be patient, as she has R-L to 'do' first :kisswink:

There was an announcement prior to the Upgrade in several places:

Messages from Admin: Site Updates today

Website Updates: 3/24 - Photoshoot, Press Conference images, Site Upgrade

MySpace Blog on both dates

To access your profile upper right hand corner, your Profile Image should appear

and on the pull-down menu choose Messenger...and there you are! :pointy:

Everything will eventually be restored in the Forum as we knew it...

in the meantime thanks for your patience!

Photo Gallery and the Gallery's Recent Updates

News

Gerard Butler GALS Updates

In the meantime, please be sure to check

GALS MySpace

GALS Twitter

GALS Facebook

as the Social Media Mods will be updating those manually!

This surely makes us appreciate what we take for granted!

:wave:

Barbara

Thanks for all the tips, ladies. I am gradually learning the ropes in the new format. That "view new content" tab is certainly hard to notice unless you are very observant. And it's not as obvious to people whose English is not the mother tongue as "View new posts". :-)

Anyway, good luck Dayna with getting everything back in full working order.

Theresa

Thanks for all the tips, ladies. I am gradually learning the ropes in the new format. That "view new content" tab is certainly hard to notice unless you are very observant. And it's not as obvious to people whose English is not the mother tongue as "View new posts". :-)

Anyway, good luck Dayna with getting everything back in full working order.

Theresa

Do we know if Interests is going to continue to show up? That used to only show in your profile & it's way too much information. If it's always going to be there, I think I'll delete mine.

And is our personal interests going to be displayed on the posts? I would think that would take up too much "space" as some, including mine, are a bit lengthy.

Delene

Mine was huge too, Delene, so I shortened them, but I have the full list saved at another site if they change that. It was hard to decide what to keep and what to lose so I centered around most of my Gerry interests. :kisswink:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Brenda, I wouldn't go changing anything yet...and Theresa, don't spend too much time learning the new ropes...lol. As Barb said, this is temporary....everything will eventually be as we knew it.

hugs,

Sue

We have been putting off updating since 2008 for just this reason, but because of browser updates that were now incompatible with the older version of the site softeware the update became a necessity. Over the past few weeks the browser incompatibility was making it a long and cumbersome task to post updates, add pictures to the gallery, and all those kind of things that members and lurkers come to this site to find.

Obviously we had no idea just how much would change and just how much time and effort was going to be required to restore it to some semblance of what we are all accustomed to. None of us is that crazy about change, and poor Dayna has been nearly sick with stress trying to get everything back the way it was but each new correction can bring with it another change that then has to be corrected. Some of the GALS have copied their interests to a Word document and then deleted or shortened what is on the site, but will be able to restore it to its full information once that part is fixed.

It may take a few days, so in the meantime just treat this look as a temporary thing and know that anything that CAN be made as it was before WILL be, but not all at once.

Dayna is working on the "Interests" as we speak. Just be patient. I coped and pasted mine to Word then just deleted them from the site for now. Once everything is fixed, I can either move them back or edit them down.

Fearless Leader will get 'er done. Just give her time, OK?

Suzie

OOOPS: Susan and I were posting at the same time. Sorry about that!

No worries, and its definitely not worth being overly stressed about. Things are different and it will take getting used to and I'm sure the glitches will be worked out, colors will change so they are more readable,etc... but when it all comes down to it, this is still GALS, just put on fresh paint and got some spiffy new appliances in the kitchen. Home is home.

I do have a question about links. Before when you clicked on a link it opened in a new window, keeping the original page open. Now it opens in the same window and you need to hit the back button to get to where you were before. Is this going to stay that way or can that be changed so links open in a new window as they used to? Not a huge deal it just alters how I surf the site and I'd have to change some habits.

Keep up the good work all you hard working GALS. It is all very appreciated. :kiss:

And to think I just wanted to ask why my little wave emoticon won't work! LOL.... It's no biggie...I'm getting along just fine and really appreciate all your hard work Dayna...Don't stress over it Sweetie....it'll come together when it does!

{{HUGS}} Frannie

I hate change as much as anybody, and this rates like someone moving furniture while I was sleeping, and getting up in the dark to go get a drink! I nearly tripped over the moved couch! And where is my comfy chair? :fall:

Sorry but this is the 1st time I've pulled this up on my phone. The site update is significantly worse than from the web. In fact it's extremely difficult to get anywhere. I have to get off. It's just too difficult to get anywhere. From the web I'm not having much of a problem at all.

No worries, and its definitely not worth being overly stressed about. Things are different and it will take getting used to and I'm sure the glitches will be worked out, colors will change so they are more readable,etc... but when it all comes down to it, this is still GALS, just put on fresh paint and got some spiffy new appliances in the kitchen. Home is home.

I do have a question about links. Before when you clicked on a link it opened in a new window, keeping the original page open. Now it opens in the same window and you need to hit the back button to get to where you were before. Is this going to stay that way or can that be changed so links open in a new window as they used to? Not a huge deal it just alters how I surf the site and I'd have to change some habits.

Keep up the good work all you hard working GALS. It is all very appreciated. :kiss:

to open any link in a separate page, on any website, right click and then 'open link in new tab' or 'open link in new window' ;)

to open any link in a separate page, on any website, right click and then 'open link in new tab' or 'open link in new window' ;)

ok, so i have to click on links with a right click. gotcha! thanks barb!

Sorry but this is the 1st time I've pulled this up on my phone. The site update is significantly worse than from the web. In fact it's extremely difficult to get anywhere. I have to get off. It's just too difficult to get anywhere. From the web I'm not having much of a problem at all.

Sorry, I'm working on it as fast as I can. This forum software is just significantly different and I'm having to "relearn" even more than y'all. I have had real life in addition to this, so please be patient. I'm doing the best I can. :wave:

:hugs:

~ D

Sorry, I'm working on it as fast as I can. This forum software is just significantly different and I'm having to "relearn" even more than y'all. I have had real life in addition to this, so please be patient. I'm doing the best I can. :wave:

:hugs:

~ D

That Mr. Butler is perceptive alright and so genuinely tuned into people. You're one swell lady . :kisswink:

No worry D be happy... time is at your command...we're non of us going anywhere at the moment..still glued to the tiny speck in the universe. Maybe the slower we move about on her the more we can take in as opposed to the faster we go... Like my Aunt used to tell me, while walking way to fast, through the cross walk... "slow down the drivers of those cars can wait you have every right to be here as they do". Can you smell that rose lying on the roof of the opera house, doesn't it's fragrance just captivate you?

Edited by planetwalkers

Okay, it could be because it's 5 am... it could be because I've been awake for almost 24 hours... or it could be just because I'm a dingbat...

I can't figure out how to change my siggy with the way the site is organized right now. Beachie gave me a gorgeous Marek siggy and I was going to finally retire my St. Patty's Day siggy now that I have a few minutes this morning, but :tantrum: I CANNAE FIGURE IT OOT!

Steph