Gerard Butler GALS
terezoulini

What's happened to the interface of the site???

I thought I'd point out that there is a wonderfully informative HELP link NEXT TO one's "login" in the top, right corner. It's got some great info as to the latest features.

:yay: Wonderful! Thanks for the 'heads up' Holly!

:hugs:

I am in a panic and must be doing something wrong at my end. I have lost all ability to log in and out of the site (Permanently logged in) and cannot find any way to log into my personal messenger. I have a very old computer but both systems have seen missing since late Saturday (UK GMT )The PM icon was at the top of the forum page then just vanished.

Normally I would just wait patiently but I was expecting a rather important message from someone and had no other method of contact.

I can appreciate that this is a mammoth undertaking. I might be just profoundly unlucky but am dreading the thought that my compute might be out of date with the facilities of the site.

Best Wishes.

J

Hi J... Up at the top right of the forum page, notice your screen name with an arrow pointing down next to it. Place your cursor on the arrow and a drop-down window will appear that has "messages" as one of the choices. This is the new portal to PMs (personal messages).

As to why you are unable to log in or out, I have no idea, but if you are permanently logged in now you should be able to access your messages.

I have worked out what has happened. For some reason my name and all function such as PM has been pushed off the normal screen size I use and is now on the extreme right. (Imagine two pages of a book and the forum is on one while the other appears at the extreme right of page 2. My signing in and out is their as well. I hope that this helps others as I supspect some might needs to change their personal computer settings as well.

Thanks for replying and your help.

I am glad I got to the bottom of this as I thought I had lost the plot.

J

:unsure:Just a question if you will; was something "broken" with the first set up? It always seemed to work so well! :detect: I get tired just searching for things; like my 85 year old dad when we cleaned up his appartment; he felt lost for weeks after we left..

Hi May!

No nothing was 'broken' per se, it was just time to upgrade to the newest and best software. Rest easy knowing that Dayna and the Mod Squad are trying their best to make GALS the best site on the net!

Will the Return to Top icon be made available eventually please? At the moment it's necessary to scroll all the way back up to the top of a page whereas it was easy to simply click on Return to Top before. Thanks.

Will the Return to Top icon be made available eventually please? At the moment it's necessary to scroll all the way back up to the top of a page whereas it was easy to simply click on Return to Top before. Thanks.

Hi Patsy! Posted Image

Return to Top is still there, just probably in a somewhat different place.

If you'll look at the VERY MOST BOTTOM LEFTHAND CORNER of the page, you will see it. It reads "Back to Top"

Posted Image

Katie

:detect: I used to be able to see the recent posts every day but now they are not so easy to spot. I was always wishing people Happy Birthday and Welcoming the newbies but now; I'm totally lost Lol..

May,

When you first log onto the board, look to the right for "VIEW NEW CONTENT". Click on it to show the topics that have been created and/or posted to since you were on the board last.

As for the specific topics you might be looking for, you should still be able to find these topics as no changes were made to the board's FORUM, SUB-FORUM, or topics.

Welcome New Members is still under "Getting to Know You" here.

And "Happy Birthday" posts can be made here.

Hope this helps with your transitioning process!

I just wanted to qualify that if you're logging on through your phone, or at least with my iPhone, you don't see any of these things. It's still very bare bones. It's mainly just a list of all the main forums & sub-forums w/o any information about when the topics last had postings. It doesn't look anything like the regular website anymore.

May,

When you first log onto the board, look to the right for "VIEW NEW CONTENT". Click on it to show the topics that have been created and/or posted to since you were on the board last.

As for the specific topics you might be looking for, you should still be able to find these topics as no changes were made to the board's FORUM, SUB-FORUM, or topics.

Welcome New Members is still under "Getting to Know You" here.

And "Happy Birthday" posts can be made here.

Hope this helps with your transitioning process!

:wave: Thanks Songbird...I will keep working at it..

Hi Patsy! Posted Image

Return to Top is still there, just probably in a somewhat different place.

If you'll look at the VERY MOST BOTTOM LEFTHAND CORNER of the page, you will see it. It reads "Back to Top"

Posted Image

Katie

Thanks very much. I see it now. I was expecting it to show at the left hand bottom of the last post on a page.

I just wanted to qualify that if you're logging on through your phone, or at least with my iPhone, you don't see any of these things. It's still very bare bones. It's mainly just a list of all the main forums & sub-forums w/o any information about when the topics last had postings. It doesn't look anything like the regular website anymore.

I'm still looking for a fix for this. It looks perfect on my Motorola Droid, so it's hard for me to know how to fix the problem. That DOESN'T mean I plan on giving up any time soon. Real Life has just taken priority right now. :kiss:

~ D

Okay, the Interests are no longer showing on the topic posts, but you still have them on your profile. YAY! :penguin:

~ D

Okay, the Interests are no longer showing on the topic posts, but you still have them on your profile. YAY! :penguin:

~ D

:yay: I had deleted mine because they took up too much space. I'll go put them back in my profile info. :D

I can't see PM's so I can't answer PM's. I can't see any links on this site. I've been off the board for a bit so I know I'm behind. I got on last night and could do a bit of stuff but now at work I can't see anything w/links except the topics. I can't change font size or color. Hum... Well, I guess I'll just try and get on at home.

Cassie

:detect:Okay; earlier this morning; I posted in a thread about a video interview for Oprah and included a link for the one with Gerry on the View twirling his cape and now it is not in the posts??? There are only 3 new posts up and not mine; also even though I have my preferences for immediate email notification for replies to threads I post in; I never get any? There used to be a place where we could "back track" the threads to repost in a future time but I can't see it... Help?

:detect:Okay; earlier this morning; I posted in a thread about a video interview for Oprah and included a link for the one with Gerry on the View twirling his cape and now it is not in the posts??? There are only 3 new posts up and not mine; also even though I have my preferences for immediate email notification for replies to threads I post in; I never get any? There used to be a place where we could "back track" the threads to repost in a future time but I can't see it... Help?

May, is this the post your looking for?

Beachie